Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Stallion Cabana posted:

It's kind of interesting that he's older then Yamamoto but looks younger.

I think it's the case for a lot of Squad Zero, like the guy who invented zanpaktou. I think maybe the King's Key process where they get wolverine ghost-bones makes them "live" longer????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Prison Warden posted:

I think it's the case for a lot of Squad Zero, like the guy who invented zanpaktou. I think maybe the King's Key process where they get wolverine ghost-bones makes them "live" longer????

I'm just gonna pretend you age to your most correct state and Yamamoto is the only person who was truly a grumpy old bastard inside.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Shugojin posted:

I'm just gonna pretend you age to your most correct state and Yamamoto is the only person who was truly a grumpy old bastard inside.

I want to say that's actually stated at some point in the manga, but that might just be something I've always taken for granted.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I would be 100% fine with Ywach eating it here. It's bound to happen anyway so Hashbrowns or Ishida can have their moment in the sun and Ywach is not a terribly interesting villain anyway. He just came out of nowhere as the God of the Quincies and except for NEW REVELATIONS (aka retcons) Ichigo has no reason to give a poo poo about him at all.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

1) Ywach dies and Uryu absorbs all of his power. Ichigo arrives and they fight a while.

2) Urahara arrives and reveals that Aizen actually won and replaced the Spirit King.

3) ???

4) Profit

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

FuturePastNow posted:

1) Ywach dies and Uryu absorbs all of his power. Ichigo arrives and they fight a while.

2) Urahara arrives and reveals that Aizen actually won and replaced the Spirit King.

3) ???

4) Profit

5) Big Battle

6) Bleach ends and Tite Kubo falls into obscurity.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Haschwalth is gonna step in anyway, mainly because he's the "B" Sternritter, aka the "Balance" (which is basically another name for "Bullshit Power-Up")

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Scyantific posted:

This guy is probably more :black101: than our resident :black101:-incarnate Kenpachi.

Hey now, let's not say something we can't take back :colbert:

Also what is with the confusion if Ichibei is the head of zero squad? YWACH flat out said he was the top dog right out the gate on page one, did you skip it or something?

White Light fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 28, 2014

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007
Yhwach almost feels like a Shounen Protagonist at the moment, because here you've got an upstart human challenging the status quo on one side and on the other an evil looking guy with a manic smile one moment and murder demon eyes the next.

The only problem is that we're supposed to be cheering for the murder demon eyes guy.. for some reason.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm just cheering for Bleach to end one way or another.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I dunno, I think Kubo's done enough to turn this series around to a beautiful mess so long as he doesn't pull Naruto levels of stupid.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

I dunno, I think Kubo's done enough to turn this series around to a beautiful mess so long as he doesn't pull Naruto levels of stupid.

Ichigo will marry Orihime and name his kid Salad after Chad.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Zogundar posted:

Yhwach almost feels like a Shounen Protagonist at the moment, because here you've got an upstart human challenging the status quo on one side and on the other an evil looking guy with a manic smile one moment and murder demon eyes the next.

The only problem is that we're supposed to be cheering for the murder demon eyes guy.. for some reason.

If you don't'know why you should be cheering for demon eyes guys then you don't know what fun is. :colbert:

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Maybe the whole "the Quinceys are destroying the world" thing is a bunch of bullshit, the spirit king is the real bad guy, squad zero is going to defeat ywach, revealing that the spirit king is the real bad guy, and then Ichigo and friends fight the spirit king/squad zero.

But probably not. Ichiibe is probably toast soon, but just flat-out overpowering Ywach's Blut Vene like he did was pretty badass.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm just waiting for the "you fell into my trap all along" moment here, but on the page where he grabbed the blut vene I thought "ah, this is it as usual" and then nope, gently caress your bullshit shield. Glorious.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fhate posted:

Maybe the whole "the Quinceys are destroying the world" thing is a bunch of bullshit, the spirit king is the real bad guy, squad zero is going to defeat ywach, revealing that the spirit king is the real bad guy, and then Ichigo and friends fight the spirit king/squad zero.

But probably not. Ichiibe is probably toast soon, but just flat-out overpowering Ywach's Blut Vene like he did was pretty badass.

a whole lot of shinigami died/are zombies because of this. I don't think the quinceys are the good guys. Ichigo is the true Spirit King though.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I don't think there's good guys at all and it would be strange for kubo to make this good v evil.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So...was there any purpose in Ichigo being a quincy? What does that add to the story? Also, it kind of subtracts since it made that whole dumb retcon to explain how his shini/hollow/quincy power combo happened.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

So...was there any purpose in Ichigo being a quincy? What does that add to the story? Also, it kind of subtracts since it made that whole dumb retcon to explain how his shini/hollow/quincy power combo happened.

Nothing was retconned and why are you spoiler texting something that happened like 2 years ago

Covok
May 27, 2013

Kild posted:

Nothing was retconned and why are you spoiler texting something that happened like 2 years ago

I don't know. Just precautionary. I kind of considered the explanation for his hollow powers (since the comic had an implied one earlier) and the whole "he's always had Quincy powers" thing and "your shinigami spirit is actually a qunicy and your hollow is both hollow and shinigami" a soft retcon, personally.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Ichigo was definitely always supposed to have been a quincy, that's probably why they were even introduced at all.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

I don't think they necessarily have to be older than Yama-jii. It was said before the creation of Soul Society that they were pretty much a roving band of murderers (wasn't it confirmed or at least heavily hinted at that Unohana was with the group, and can be assumed Squad Zero are the rest of the group too?) so if they all created Soul Society and were just using regular swords before then, it stands to reason that Squad Zero can have the people who both invented the zanpakutou and named everything while still being younger than old man grumpsalot.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

seizure later posted:

I don't think they necessarily have to be older than Yama-jii. It was said before the creation of Soul Society that they were pretty much a roving band of murderers (wasn't it confirmed or at least heavily hinted at that Unohana was with the group, and can be assumed Squad Zero are the rest of the group too?) so if they all created Soul Society and were just using regular swords before then, it stands to reason that Squad Zero can have the people who both invented the zanpakutou and named everything while still being younger than old man grumpsalot.

I actually was thinking this yesterday and looked up the picture again. You obviously see Yama, who I would assume as Unohana, then someone that almost looks like Ichigo's dad, and one of the guitarists for Korn.

(Tablet posting sorry if coding/sizing wrong)

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I can only assume that while this is happening the real world has become a hellscape where regular old hollows are eating everyone.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Nah, in-universe it's been like four hours.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
I hope this monk dude is one of the special war powers that they mentioned a couple times a few years ago.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Im pretty sure hes not.
They knew he existed and that hes going to be a hurdle.

The 'special war powers', that is if kubo remembers that he named them like that, are the unpredictable ones.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

Covok posted:

I don't know. Just precautionary. I kind of considered the explanation for his hollow powers (since the comic had an implied one earlier) and the whole "he's always had Quincy powers" thing and "your shinigami spirit is actually a qunicy and your hollow is both hollow and shinigami" a soft retcon, personally.

The only thing is, I can look at the manga as a whole and see what Kubo was trying to do. There were supposed to be 4 major arcs, one introducing and getting Ichigo to control one aspect of his "powers" (Human, Hollow, Fullbring, Quincy), he just lost as poo poo with Ichigo's hollow side and Hueco Muendo and the Fake Karakura town arcs, which lead to rushing the gently caress out of the fullbring arc (Which I assume was supposed to somehow lead him back to his Shinigami powers he lost), then this arc which is supposed to work on his Quincy side.

Kubo just gets lost in the arc and starts adding too much filler crap which gets boring. I think he's back, somewhat, on track with what he was planning which why this arc isn't terrible like the last few.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Im pretty sure hes not.
They knew he existed and that hes going to be a hurdle.

The 'special war powers', that is if kubo remembers that he named them like that, are the unpredictable ones.

there's no way he'll remember them. two of them were Ichigo and Kenpachi, and Yamamoto was definitely not one. I was actually going to come in here and ask if he had named any other ones. Maybe Aizen and Urahara.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Aizen's gonna spit out a kid who's just like him, Ichigo will fight him but not kill him, and then the Spirit King will offer Ichigo his job.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The translation I was reading has referred to them as "special war potentials" iirc, in which case squad 0 is more of a known power than a potential power.

Coffee Mugshot fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 28, 2014

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Stallion Cabana posted:

Maybe Aizen and Urahara.

Fairly certain aizen was one and that's why ywach visited him in the first place.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

edit: never mind

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The Squad Zero members look young because of that one guy's red water sauna.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It might just be me but I've noticed that Kubo can actually draw some pretty good "intense" fight scenes. The Kenpachi fights were pretty well done, and this guy's fight is being handled pretty drat well too.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 29, 2014

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Covok posted:

5) Big Battle

6) Bleach ends and Tite Kubo finishes zombie powder.

I felt this was more appropriate.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scyantific posted:

It might just be me but I've noticed that Kubo can actually draw some pretty good "intense" fight scenes. The Ken pacha fights were pretty well done, and this guy's fight is being handled pretty drat well too.

When Kubo enjoys a fight he really shines. Like, it is pretty obvious that he loves drawing crazy monk guy and Ywach (and who wouldn't? they have interesting facial features instead of your typical shounen prettyness) so he's having a blast.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

chumbler posted:

I'm just cheering for Bleach to end one way or another.

Naaw... By ye gods, I cheered for Naruto to end. But at least bleach is actually enjoyable at the moment.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
When was bleach truly unenjoyable, anyways? I've never not enjoyed bleach, although there was a lot of irrelevant stuff that happened and a lot of non-sequiturs. I think bleach at its lowest was either the beginning of hueco mundo or the fullbringer arc, but even then it was still enjoyable; it just seemed like the story wasn't progressing. The save rukia arc was really really good but the other arcs were not bad, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Voted Worst Mom posted:

When was bleach truly unenjoyable, anyways? I've never not enjoyed bleach, although there was a lot of irrelevant stuff that happened and a lot of non-sequiturs. I think bleach at its lowest was either the beginning of hueco mundo or the fullbringer arc, but even then it was still enjoyable; it just seemed like the story wasn't progressing. The save rukia arc was really really good but the other arcs were not bad, IMO.

The latter part of Hueco Mundo was the lowpoint for me, personally. It felt like he had written himself into the corner and wanted to finish it up. I actually liked the fullbringer arc, personally, until the final battles that felt a little rushed and more of a "let's show how cool shinigami are" instead of "let's have cool battles."

• Locked thread