Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Is this just in the US or also Canada?

When has Sears Canada ever sold video games anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007
Seems like Mario Kart is already out of stock :(

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Oh for fucks sake, Hyrule is already out of stock. :(

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Visitor K posted:

Seems like Mario Kart is already out of stock :(

Looks like it's still in stock to me?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Pixeltendo posted:

When has Sears Canada ever sold video games anymore?

Well uh even loving Shoppers Drug Mart does for some reason, So i'd say it was a valid question.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So, while Best Buy still has eshop cards for 15% off, what are some pro-buys for digital-only Wii U stuff? I already have Shovel Knight on PC so I don't need that one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

raditts posted:

So, while Best Buy still has eshop cards for 15% off, what are some pro-buys for digital-only Wii U stuff? I already have Shovel Knight on PC so I don't need that one.

Pushmo World.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

There's a small sale going on right now that I didn't see mentioned earlier in the thread. Most notably, the Wonderful 101 is 20.99, and a few GBA games, including Mario and Luigi and Metroid Fusion are $5.59. Not the steepest of discounts, but definitely decent.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

raditts posted:

Stealth Inc. 2, Armillo (depends on who you are, I really enjoyed it), Scram Kitty (hard, also has bad checkpointing so can be frustrating), and Mighty Switch Force HD. There are a couple other things that aren't exclusive that are worth checking out as well.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
W101 finally clicked for me, still not doing that great but at least I understand what I'm doing wrong and why if i mess up. I don't think I ever played a game with this amount of hidden/bonus stuff everywhere, pretty sure it extends the game like 3-4x times just trying to get them all, and I only had time to clear stage 1 last night.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...Huh. Nintendo just sent me a promotion saying I have 10% off my next order. Has anyone else ever gotten something like that?

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
From Amazon UK:

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

"Super Smash Bros Plus GameCube Controller Adapter (Nintendo Wii U)"
Estimated arrival date: December 19 2014

:suicide:

Edit: Looks like it's just the GC adapter bundle. But this still annoys me!

Fire Safety Doug fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 28, 2014

Nevett
Aug 31, 2001

My Gamecube adapter (on its own) got delayed too.

Guess I'm popping to Game/Grainger at lunch!

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Hey :canada:, Hyrule Warriors is $50 on amazon.ca and Target has Smash Bros Wii U on for $55 for Black Friday but didn't mention it in the flyer.

Long John Power
Sep 11, 2001

Fire Safety Doug posted:

From Amazon UK:

We’re writing to let you know that the following items have been unexpectedly delayed:

"Super Smash Bros Plus GameCube Controller Adapter (Nintendo Wii U)"
Estimated arrival date: December 19 2014

:suicide:

Edit: Looks like it's just the GC adapter bundle. But this still annoys me!

I got the same message for just the controller and the game plus adapter. They gave me a £3 gift voucher though... thanks I guess!!

Managed to get the last controller/adapter from Grainger, but the guy in there said they never received any of the game/adapter bundles that they where expecting.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

God dammit Nintendo hurry up and do this for the UK I want Wonderful 101 so dang bad :(

£40 on the eshop in the UK. That's crazy.

Flint_Paper fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 28, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Those eshop wii u sales suck. I guess wonderful 101 I wanted to pick up eventually

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Those eshop wii u sales suck. I guess wonderful 101 I wanted to pick up eventually

Even then if you live near a K-Mart you might be able to get it for $6.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

ChaosArgate posted:

God dammit how is it so cheap in the states? Cheapest I've seen in the UK is around £30.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Just went out at lunch time and got Smash Bros. :getin: It only set me back €50 too. I had totally not realised that there was a Smyth's near where I work. Games there are usually much cheaper than at Gamestop (they also had Hyrule Warriors for €35 I think? Maybe it was €45).

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't live in the US, just use their eshop :(

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I can't buy Wonderful 101 because I don't have twelve GB free on my Wii U. Is there any way to get around this?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cloks posted:

I can't buy Wonderful 101 because I don't have twelve GB free on my Wii U. Is there any way to get around this?

You can buy a download code online.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Question about the Wii U bundles. Do any of them come with a Wii remote as well? Not the tablet, but a remote from an older Wii. I can't really find many answers about it online. Reason I'm asking is because my niece is only 5, and has tiny hands, so she would have trouble holding the tablet or whatever.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 28, 2014

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Cloks posted:

Buy an external hard drive, preferably one with its own power source.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Question about the Wii U bundles. Do any of them come with a Wii remote as well? Not the tablet, but a remote from an older Wii. I can't really find many answers about it online. Reason I'm asking is because my niece is only 5, and has tiny hands, so she would have trouble holding the tablet or whatever.

I don't think so.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ChaosArgate posted:

I went by the local Kmart yesterday and it was still on the shelf marked at 24.99. Does it just come down to $6 at the register, or...?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

raditts posted:

I went by the local Kmart yesterday and it was still on the shelf marked at 24.99. Does it just come down to $6 at the register, or...?

It could. I know I went there a month of so ago and found Sonic Kart for $6, and then another game that was marked down to $12 but rang up even cheaper on the register.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I bought Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga from that sale and I find it kind of funny that Nintendo's solution for GameBoy Advanced games on the Wii U was to port the GameBoy Player from the GameCube.

I typed "game" an awful lot in that last sentence...

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think its a port of the Gameboy Player. The Gameboy player did not have as good a filter and this doesn't have borders.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Picking this up sometimes next week. Some questions!

- Should I get the pro controller?
- How big are the games you can download?
- My wifi is...not that good, so I use ethernet for both my computer and PS4 - is the official USB ethernet adapter any good?

I look forward to play games in 60FPS!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Definitely get a pro controller

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

greatn posted:

I don't think its a port of the Gameboy Player. The Gameboy player did not have as good a filter and this doesn't have borders.

Well, it has a GameBoy Player start up screen. It might not be a 100% port but they definitely did something with it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

snodig posted:

Picking this up sometimes next week. Some questions!

- My wifi is...not that good, so I use ethernet for both my computer and PS4 - is the official USB ethernet adapter any good?

I don't have a Pro controller, but I might pick one up at some point because people here say that it has amazing battery life, which sounds pretty great to me.

The games vary in size.

I'd imagine the official ethernet adapter is fine, but any USB ethernet adapter should work.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Random Stranger posted:

Well, it has a GameBoy Player start up screen. It might not be a 100% port but they definitely did something with it.

They could just be setting the flag so that games with rumble work correctly. If the flag is set the splash screen will show up.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Random Stranger posted:

I played it on my GBA SP last year and that splash still showed up. I think it's just part of the game.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Is there a way to test Wii U connection speed? My Wii U is only like ten feet away from my modem though they are in different rooms separated by a widely open door. Still, I've had some pretty terrible lag spikes in Smash online and I want to see if it's being caused by me or if it's just Good Old Fashioned Nintendo Online Services.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Cloks posted:

I played it on my GBA SP last year and that splash still showed up. I think it's just part of the game.

It totally is. I played it on an emulator once and it still showed up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

snodig posted:

Yes, the pro controller is great. Downloads are between 2-20gb (NSMBU is 2gb, Bayonetta 2 is 16 I think) so you should get an external HDD if you're gonna go download heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Kaubocks posted:

Is there a way to test Wii U connection speed? My Wii U is only like ten feet away from my modem though they are in different rooms separated by a widely open door. Still, I've had some pretty terrible lag spikes in Smash online and I want to see if it's being caused by me or if it's just Good Old Fashioned Nintendo Online Services.

THe widely open door

• Locked thread