Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat, and I missed all the Secret Santa cutoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Just got myself a "buy 3 months, pay for 1" Spotify offer via PayPal.

Cheaper for me than paying for 3 months of XBox Music.

And Spotify got Rammstein - which XBox Music doesn't.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

From the UK's take on Black Friday only £20

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Ethical question: Black friday in the UK (which I don't quite understand) has reduced my graphics card by £25. Do I buy another one just to send back with my first receipt?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Daimo posted:

Ethical question: Black friday in the UK (which I don't quite understand) has reduced my graphics card by £25. Do I buy another one just to send back with my first receipt?

Depending on where you bought the first one and how long ago you can probably get them to refund the difference. Call the store and ask.

As for the not understanding the Black Friday part what don't you understand? It is not a Thanksgiving thing. It is actually when the stores supposedly go from being "in the red" or not making a profit to being "in the black" where everything makes a profit because their costs are covered for the year.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
2x

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-D54250WYK-DisplayPort-Graphics-i5-4250U/dp/B00F3F38O2

And all the fixins (ssds, ram, windows licenses). Replacing current HTPC and wife's desktop.

Amazingly, it gets here Sunday. Thanks, Amazon.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Trastion posted:

Depending on where you bought the first one and how long ago you can probably get them to refund the difference. Call the store and ask.

As for the not understanding the Black Friday part what don't you understand? It is not a Thanksgiving thing. It is actually when the stores supposedly go from being "in the red" or not making a profit to being "in the black" where everything makes a profit because their costs are covered for the year.

Oh I had no idea, thanks for clearing that up.

It's Amazon, so what do you think my chances are?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Daimo posted:

Oh I had no idea, thanks for clearing that up.

It's Amazon, so what do you think my chances are?

0% because you are here asking instead of emailing their support to ask.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

Finally bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite. It's $99 today so I figured why not. Also bought a cover for it:

I kinda wanted the Kindle Voyage but it's like twice the price and I couldn't justify it. This one will do nicely to replace my 1st generation kindle. I'm just happy for the backlight and touchscreen.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Trastion posted:

0% because you are here asking instead of emailing their support to ask.

I'll take 100% over 50%, thanks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amazon will do that in like a second over live chat.

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

Trastion posted:

This is a myth perpetuated by retailers to put a positive spin on the original meaning. Either way the meaning has to do with people's post-thanksgiving habits. So doesnt really make sense outside the us. http://www.visualthesaurus.com/cm/wordroutes/the-origins-of-black-friday/

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Trastion posted:

This is a myth. The original name came from the Philadelphia police department being tired of this poo poo.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
From last weekend but I think it still counts

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Daimo posted:

Ethically, I don't think you really should be worried when it comes to Amazon.

They aren't exactly in line for the Noble Peace Prize for services to humanitary.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
ULTRASONIC cleaner!!!!
This is way more fun than it sounds.
Me and the little missus have been cleaning all sorts of items to our great delight.
I cleaned my leatherman, and noticed it working more smoothly. Also cleaned my shaving knife holder and shades and some jewellery and also a bunch of nibs.

It's just so satisfying to see the particulate matter floating away from things you put in the thing.

I'm not weird.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Grado SR80e headphones:

I'm hoping against hope that on-ear headphones might actually be more comfortable than over-ear ones, at least for my apparently gigantic head and ears. I ordered them yesterday and am supposed to get them tomorrow :lol: I feel that's a tad optimistic for this time of year, even for Amazon.

And a subscription to Crashplan. Now I just have to wait for drat near 3 weeks for all my poo poo to upload.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Trabant posted:

Grado SR80e headphones:

I'm hoping against hope that on-ear headphones might actually be more comfortable than over-ear ones, at least for my apparently gigantic head and ears. I ordered them yesterday and am supposed to get them tomorrow :lol: I feel that's a tad optimistic for this time of year, even for Amazon.

And a subscription to Crashplan. Now I just have to wait for drat near 3 weeks for all my poo poo to upload.
I have a big head but normal (I think) ears. I've listened Grados before and you'll be wanting to replace the stock earpads, though they're not the worst thing in the world.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My Black Friday haul:

Together, I got these for several dollars less than one would normally cost by itself, so cool! :dance:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Josh Lyman posted:

I have a big head but normal (I think) ears. I've listened Grados before and you'll be wanting to replace the stock earpads, though they're not the worst thing in the world.

Yeah, I've read that a lot of people do that. Hoping the first few days will let me figure out what I need before I drop even more money on them.

Actually, reading about that introduced me to the headphone modification people and... holy hell do those people take it seriously.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Can anyone recommend a good coffee maker for making my own cologne?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Decrepus posted:

o.O

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Decrepus posted:

Get a Keurig and you can have a different scent everyday.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

colas posted:

Get a Keurig and you can have a different scent everyday.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The last two Good Friday purchases. Games that looked interesting but would never buy for more than this

Metro Redux for $30 Cdn

Sleeping Dogs for $30 Cdn

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

This thread may not be the right one, but does anyone know the most updated, classic Trivial Pursuit game? I want to get it for my family, but they have so many pop-culture deviants, I don't know what to get. I gathered that the "6th Edition" is the newest, but all the reviews I read is that it is all People Magazine info. Anyone know a good edition to get? Good expansion cards to get?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

dissss posted:

Mazda = Best I wish more car companies made fun economy cars.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

RCarr posted:

Did you get a deal on them? I own a pair and they are getting pretty torn up. I could use another pair.

They just re-released them yesterday but like usual they sold out in minutes.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Captain Lavender posted:

This thread may not be the right one, but does anyone know the most updated, classic Trivial Pursuit game? I want to get it for my family, but they have so many pop-culture deviants, I don't know what to get. I gathered that the "6th Edition" is the newest, but all the reviews I read is that it is all People Magazine info. Anyone know a good edition to get? Good expansion cards to get?

There is never a good edition to get.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Guitar Center had a 15% off deal, and I've always wanted to pick up this guitar. A strat neck on an acoustic. Fun stuff!

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

djfooboo posted:

Mazda = Best I wish more car companies made fun economy cars.

They stopped making the RX8 so gently caress those guys.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

They stopped making the RX8 so gently caress those guys.

You mean RX-7, right? The RX8 was an inefficient gutless little turd

Cereal
Mar 14, 2007

I AM AN ILLITERATE BOOR, UNSUITED FOR GENTEEL ROBOCOMPANY
My old car decided it didn't want to start anymore so we got a new/used one

Mercedes C220 CDI from 2004.

BiRD BoY
Aug 18, 2003

Have a Nice Fright!

dissss posted:

So much fun to drive. I live in the Canadian Rockies and it's an absolute blast up here.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Plus a couple pairs of pants since I'm always in need of new pants.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
More fun stuff for the thread-I recently picked up an old(ish) Hafler DH-220 stereo power amp on ebay for a whopping $200:

Made in the USA with 115wpc, this thing is built like a drat tank and in insanely good condition; if I didn't know better I'd say it was only a couple of years old. Barely a scratch on it, the only issue is the lamp in the power switch is flickering and on it's way out so I'll have to replace that. I picked it up because I decided it's finally time to have a decent listening setup for watching TV and movies (and playing video games too, I guess). Since I'm an audio engineer, people are always surprised when they find out I don't have some kind of crazy home theater setup and just listen to the speakers in my TV. So when I decided to redo my home mixing studio from the ground up a few months back I relegated my old monitors to home 'theater' duty. And I gotta say, the combination of the Hafler amp with my old Tannoy System 8 DMT II monitors is awesome. After I got it all hooked up last night I threw on Guardians of the Galaxy to check it out and immediately started kicking myself for not doing something like this sooner.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 06:46 on Nov 30, 2014

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

PCOS Bill posted:

Plus a couple pairs of pants since I'm always in need of new pants.

Get yourself to Amazon and buy Shadow of Mordor on the cheap

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hopefully you find it more entertaining than I did

[Edit] Christmas gifts

And cheese, because mmmm cheese

Blue On Blue has a new favorite as of 09:09 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

Hopefully you find it more entertaining than I did

Me too. But for $25, even if I hate it oh well. Please add me to your cheese gift list, I'll take one of that one, thanks! :)

Calaveron posted:

Get yourself to Amazon and buy Shadow of Mordor on the cheap

I thought about it while I was making the order and ended up passing on it. I didn't really love the Arkham games and everyone says it's basically that in Middle Earth