Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Haha, this exists. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KU13EAW/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
open the door

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Brainstorm's back in stock and the freeship10 code also knocks 2 bucks off the price in addition to the free shipping!

I owe you a thank you message as well. The code you provided also got me a small discount on some other toys. Finally grabbed rattrap and waspinator

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Here's an early gallery of famous aerialbot Dragstrip.

I'm liking these dudes more and more, it's surprisingly solid all around.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Glad other folks got Brainstorm! Snarl is also now available and also gets 10% off from the freeship10 code!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I'm amazed at just how dark MTME got.

Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned that seems that alternate-timeline Rewind wasn't really involved with Chromedome. Turns out there are consequences for bringing characters back from the dead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'm amazed at just how dark MTME got.

Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned that seems that alternate-timeline Rewind wasn't really involved with Chromedome. Turns out there are consequences for bringing characters back from the dead.
No, that's a product of Brainstorm's timefuckery messing everything up. Rewind was the same Rewind until the ship split in two, but Brainstorm messing up the timeline is completely rewriting Rewind's entire life story

You could say...someone hit the Rewind button.

edit: Jetfire's 16% off on Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IJZFQGG?ie=UTF8&tag=craetive-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00IJZFQGG

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 28, 2014

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Captain Invictus posted:

Glad other folks got Brainstorm! Snarl is also now available and also gets 10% off from the freeship10 code!
Grabbed him and Lockdown, thanks!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Posting again because it's the last day to sign up!

The_Doctor posted:

It’s time for…
THE TRANSFORMERS THREAD SECRET SANTA!

Yes, it’s that time of the year again!

If you're new to this Secret Santa malarkey, we all throw our names into my hat, receive a random name, and send that person a lovely gift of Transformers goodies, toys, candy, maybe some booze, and all around a big ol' ball of holiday cheer! It's fun, trust me. No really.

SIGNING UP:

1 )Right, I’m trying something new here. Sign up here: http://goo.gl/forms/CyKDVj8AJb

If you find you are having problems, email me at :siren: doctorwhosecretsanta [at] gmail [dot] com :siren:
In the subject, please include the tag [TFSS] as I am running another Secret Santa and don’t want to confuse the two.

2) Post in this thread! Tell us what kinds of stuff you're into! Once Santas are assigned, we're all going to be trying to figure each other out, so some healthy conversation will help things go smoothly.

3) DEADLINE: The deadline for sign-ups is FRIDAY NOVEMBER 28TH! #SAVETHEDAY Assignments should go out shortly thereafter.

4) BUDGET: Somewhere in the $25-$30 (£15-20) range (before shipping). You're welcome to spend more, but that's no guarantee you'll get that much in return. Gag gifts are cool, but please include some kind of actual gift.

5) COLLEGE STUDENTS: Remember that these gifts will likely go out around the holiday break, so be mindful of which address you give me. If you have any concerns about packages being stolen from your doorstep, use the address of your work/friend/parents, just so long as it's cool with them.

4) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: If you sign up for this, you are agreeing to the possibility of getting an international address. The USPS international price calculator can be found here.

5) SHIPPING DEADLINES:
• International - Friday December 12th (This is the UK to US last shipping date, so I'd imagine the same is true vice versa)
• Within the same country - Wednesday December 17th

6) WHEN YOUR GIFT ARRIVES: Show us your loot! You can wait until Christmas morning if you want, but still, show us all the awesome goodies Santa brought you.

7) LATE PACKAGES: If you haven't received your gift by January 1st, let me know so I can look into it. If you haven't SENT your gift by December 17th, let me know so I can contact your recipient.

8) DON'T BE A DEADBEAT: If you sign up, please get your person something. Nobody likes a deadbeat santa.

9) FINALLY: A Merry Christmas to all of you at home!

Iced Cocoa
Jul 14, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

No, that's a product of Brainstorm's timefuckery messing everything up. Rewind was the same Rewind until the ship split in two, but Brainstorm messing up the timeline is completely rewriting Rewind's entire life story

There is also the fact that Rewind is reliving events and has recordings that he can't possibly have. Rewind began recording after meeting Chromedome and we see him in the "Brainstorm Universe" without his camera, so he's just a research assistant, not a historian or an archivist. The timefuckery that's happening to the LL-2 Rewind means that he has recordings that he shouldn't have to begin with because he wasn't recording it in Brainstorm Universe.

Rewind's paradox is simply the first symptom of Brainstorm's timefuckery.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Incidentally, that was some really good body horror. WE ARE YOUR EYES indeed.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm kind of afraid that the combiner wars deluxes are going to wind up being even smaller than the current Generations Deluxes.

I mean getting a scale size on them hasn't happened yet and while they look realy good, I don't want them to be teeny tiny.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Do you have that backwards intentionally? The signs in general are creepy and I wonder if we're supposed to take them as something only the 'upgraded' can see

I think there is actually sort of a point made about Minimus coming home - In the original timeline, it was Rewind and Dominus who go off world in search of the Seething Moon while Minimus remains to join the Autobot cause, and likely being Magnus by the same point in the real timeline. Here, Rewind has remained on Cybertron, and never returns to meet Chromedome with Dominus' disappearance triggering that.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I mean getting a scale size on them hasn't happened yet and while they look realy good, I don't want them to be teeny tiny.
You can look at the dude's hands in the designer desk and compare to other videos if you want.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Do you have that backwards intentionally?

It switches in the very last panel.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Welp, preordered the KFC Eavi Not-Blaster. OmegaLock made it ridiculously easy to order too, and at £90($140) that's about real MP money. That'll be fun to get at work.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Jetfire owns. I could do with wrist articulation but he's massive and Jet mode is excellent.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
I love Amazon Japan! Just got MP Bee, plus his "Battle face" attachment.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

DoctorWhat posted:

open the door

get on the floor

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The_Doctor posted:

Posting again because it's the last day to sign up!

Give us a heads up in the thread when you send out assignments, I'd like a little time to go stalking looking through the thread to see if they have anything they really want.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Through some missed deliveries and rescheduling I ended up this morning getting:

Toy world Fortress Maximus
KO MP Ratbat
Takara Roadbuster, Whirl and Tankor

Bumblee may be arriving today too, although Amazon Japan is saying delivery by Dec 5th (wtf)

I.....I don't know which one to open first

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Maybe I'm seeing things but is that a 3rd party Ironhide prototype in this pic?

Found a thread about it here

catch22 fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 29, 2014

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Blackheart posted:

Here's an early gallery of famous aerialbot Dragstrip.

I'm liking these dudes more and more, it's surprisingly solid all around.

Looks really good this time around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So last series was comic books, this series it looks like trading cards?

NEAT.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I think people really like Collector's cards? I know I do, but maybe I'm a nut.

On the other hand, I don't know if the box of 3P stuff hamster is sending me has cards - Sigma, Code, Gauntlet, Trash-talk? I feel like no :(

Oh also if anyone in the GTA is still looking, Windblade wave is saturating at wal-mart and still on for $10

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No I loved the comics and will buy rigid top loaders to display the cards as well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Crap, I forgot to look for that Waspinator comic for you. I'll do that tomorrow.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
Anyone have a list of decent Transformers podcasts they can recommend? If it helps, I find WTF @ TFW hard (if not impossible) to get through.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Secht posted:

Anyone have a list of decent Transformers podcasts they can recommend? If it helps, I find WTF @ TFW hard (if not impossible) to get through.

I listen to Seibertron but only the ones hosted by Counterpunch, all the others are just a "yeaaaaaahhhhhh" fest.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It's not a Transformers podcast, but Preorder 66 is hilarious and you should listen to it.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I really should listen to that one of these days.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Just picked up the New Camaro AoE Bee. Might just be the best Movie BB yet, even if the actual Camaro itself isn't that good looking.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
There's a 3rd party Windblade now.

Go home 3rd parties you're drunk.

Seriously if they're moving onto incredibly recent guys, that could possibly land them into hot water as well. Like it's not even G1 or Nostalgia at this point, Windblade just came out. It hasn't even been 6 months since the first ever figure of Windblade was released.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 29, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Those are mini legends-style figures to play with your Metroplex. There's a bunch of them.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Those are mini legends-style figures to play with your Metroplex. There's a bunch of them.

They're not that small they're around the same height as orion pax. They're honestly the size of some of the deluxes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

You're arguing Metroplex's hand is the size of a deluxe now? Thread getting taint reaped on.

Blackheart posted:

Just picked up the New Camaro AoE Bee. Might just be the best Movie BB yet, even if the actual Camaro itself isn't that good looking.

Are you seriously putting it above the dark prince of bumblebees, Murderbee? Because remember, none of you are safe.

Also Windblade is far superior in robot mode than I expected, able to hold lots of poses and quite charming mounted on Slog.

The pins whispered 'whhhhy cookie rocketttt' at me when I started moving toward jet mode and I abandoned the idea.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

You're arguing Metroplex's hand is the size of a deluxe now? Thread getting taint reaped on.

Are you seriously putting it above the dark prince of bumblebees, Murderbee? Because remember, none of you are safe.

Also Windblade is far superior in robot mode than I expected, able to hold lots of poses and quite charming mounted on Slog.

The pins whispered 'whhhhy cookie rocketttt' at me when I started moving toward jet mode and I abandoned the idea.

poo poo, I forgot Murderbee. It's just, I dunno, the proportions that make this one better (it also has a good balance of black with the yellow, sort of like Murderbee). They finally changed the LOL BUMBLEBEE TRANSFORMATON which frankly I was a bit tired of already.

Paint-wise, Murderbee and BH Night Shadow BB have the best colorschemes. If they released this new Bee mold in stealth colors I'd be super tempted to pick him up.

edit:

yikes!

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 29, 2014

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's not a Transformers podcast, but Preorder 66 is hilarious and you should listen to it.

Preorder 66 is goddamn gold. Thx!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

I can fit Orion Pax perfectly into Metroplex's hand. The OG WFC Deluxe Is way bigger and burlier and therefore you can't do the whole "heed the call of the last Prime" pose.

If deluxes were the same size as they were when generations began I would definetly say that those guys are legends size. But their size class is honestly a gray area at this point because they're comparable to some of the deluxe dudes. Like Hasbro needs to stop making deluxe guys tiny because Legends and Voyager guys have gotten much bigger.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 29, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Even FoC Prime, the smallest deluxe that ever smalled, is taller and bulkier than any of them. They're legends sized (well, the "new" legends scale).

Taint Reaper you're a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So I just found a BW deluxe (merry Christmas BTW, whomever), and he only stands as tall as Gen Scoop. Did the Deluxes go up in size and then back down or something?

Also show of hands here, which of you guys just went out and bought Gen Tankorr and Skywarp to get them off your pegs and called it a day? Just remember God/Buddha/Allah/the Illuminati/Primus is watching. Also is Gen Tankor good, cause I'm pretty sure he's set to burn a few stores down with that shelfwarming.

edit: drat this Black Friday stuff I have like 4 solid things to send for SS and haven't even hit $10 yet.

Anora fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 30, 2014