Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

JaggerMcDagger posted:

From the Jerusalem Post:
"Recognition of Israel as the nation state of the Jewish people is the basis of any future peace accord, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday, responding to critics both domestic and abroad claiming that the controversial “Jewish state” legislation will water down the country's democratic character."

I know it's been said many times before, but Kirschen's racism and total lack of empathy for Arabs is really disgusting. I try to imagine what it would be like if America suddenly drafted legislation designating itself a "Christian State", giving more rights, and "special" rights, to Christians and treating anyone else as a second class citizen. Purging our police forces and armed forces of all non-Christians and for all intents and purposes becoming a theocracy. That would be a nightmare for basically half of all Americans.

But this kind of thing has happened and is continuing to happen in Israel, and Kirschen is just a continual cheerleader through all of it. It shows how ugly people can be when a government has the unilateral ability to oppress others for their benefit. I imagine Kirschen was increasingly overjoyed as every day the Palestinian body count rose during the 50 day war. He's not a monster, he's just another idiot sitting comfortably in a protected class of citizens to which he thinks he's entitled. And that's about all I can say without going into Godwin territory.

About what cartoons should be allowed:

As a person who's been reading this thread for several years, I would prefer that we have no censorship (other than Waifu tits and such) in terms of what can be posted here. As long as it's political in nature, it's fine. If you don't like it, scroll past. If someone continually posts inappropriate cartoons that are barely political, contact Xylo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I dunno just stick to the usual rules of NO IN-LINE NWS/NMS IMAGES and otherwise I don't care too much because honestly you have to try really hard to be more of a visual and moral assault than every Ramirez ever.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Are we seriously having this discussion?

Everything. All political cartoons should be allowed in the political cartoons thread. There. Problem solved.

(Except Latuff, obviously)

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Acid Haze posted:

But this kind of thing has happened and is continuing to happen in Israel, and Kirschen is just a continual cheerleader through all of it. It shows how ugly people can be when a government has the unilateral ability to oppress others for their benefit. I imagine Kirschen was increasingly overjoyed as every day the Palestinian body count rose during the 50 day war. He's not a monster, he's just another idiot sitting comfortably in a protected class of citizens to which he thinks he's entitled. And that's about all I can say without going into Godwin territory.

Remember, this is the guy who's asking for funding to put together a set of Israeli Dolchstoß trading cards to identify traitors to the Jewish race. He is most definitely a monster.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm wondering if Kirschen is really dense enough to not realize that there's a huge different between The State of Israel (Jewish) and The Jewish State, or if he realizes it and would be totally cool with ISIS if they happened to be massacring Muslims, Christians and Jews cuckoos in the name of the correct Abrahamic religion.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

I am thankful for Bob Lang's comeback

quote:

As a person who's been reading this thread for several years, I would prefer that we have no censorship (other than Waifu tits and such) in terms of what can be posted here. As long as it's political in nature, it's fine. If you don't like it, scroll past. If someone continually posts inappropriate cartoons that are barely political, contact Xylo.

I am down with this as a policy.

Hitler B. Natural fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 28, 2014

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have a question regarding this. What are Palestinians' legal status anyway? They're not citizens of Israel I guess, and what they are in isn't regarded as its own state, so are they in complete limbo, despite the UN saying that citizenship in at least one state is a basic human right? The first few internet pages had historical information but not current.
They're hosed, pretty much. Only know refugees, don't know if this changes anything on that end though.

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
I used to complain about amateur, non-syndicated crap like DbD and TWTIJN, but I also take responsibility for digging up Animal Nuze (so glad I quit DKos). I favor no censorship because for every self-published pile of poo poo like that or Pigman, there's a stupid gem like, to go really old on you, Hollywood Dog, or Galatianman, which is strangely endearing.

I'm talking more about all-around gag and art quality, not political beliefs. If I was a publisher, I'd put Bennett right beside Allie because it's good art. I'd put Lester and the lesser McCoy (the one that didn't draw SCOTUS doing 9/11) on toilet paper with Rall because they look like poo poo.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:stare:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Acid Haze posted:

Seconding this, some of the funniest stuff that gets posted out of the blue is when lurkers drop by with some random stuff. If it belongs here all's good, if not oh well I appreciate the effort anyway.

Speaking of if you're a lurker/infrequent poster who's got a local cartoonist or some bizarre political stuff from the dank corners of the net please please please post it! I want to see all of it and laugh lots! Come post and have fun :)

Except gamergate. gently caress that.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

He can see the goons watching him and his family.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Kajeesus posted:

I'm wondering if Kirschen is really dense enough to not realize that there's a huge different between The State of Israel (Jewish) and The Jewish State, or if he realizes it and would be totally cool with ISIS if they happened to be massacring Muslims, Christians and Jews cuckoos in the name of the correct Abrahamic religion.

The Iron-E-Meter goes through the roof when people talk proudly about the Jewish State.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Panzeh posted:

The Iron-E-Meter goes through the roof when people talk proudly about the Jewish State.

Israel is the only thing preventing the United States from being the world's most ironic nation.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm ok with people posting Doodle-Caliber political cartoons off a dude's deviantart account/facebook as long as they don't update us about what that guy is posting every day. Like, give us a lovely Political Comics You're Paying Attention To megapost every week or so and I'm ok with it

Daily posts of poo poo like DbD are grandfathered past this rule unfortunately

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Greenland and Iceland are pretty ironic.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yes, please keep posting Bad Reporter. It's my favorite. Honestly my favorite. It's consistently funny!

Will do! Here's today's, hot off the presses.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Glad that's settled.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Victim blaming has never been so literal.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

May you be flogged, Ramirez. And then god willing may you be flogged some more. Then tire-fired. I cannot wish enough suffering on you.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
So that's the "who", but can you answer the "why" as well. I know you want to, Mr Ramirez.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Good one, Ramirez. I haven't felt like punching you in the throat for a while.

Also, good one, frankenfreak. Because gently caress that racist scumbag.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, I guess I can't argue that he's confusing his position with a lot of badly designed visual metaphors this time.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

May you be flogged, Ramirez. And then god willing may you be flogged some more. Then tire-fired. I cannot wish enough suffering on you.
You could just wish Ramirez robs a convenience store.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
It really is amazing how Ramirez can make cartoons that blow past everyone else in how truly offensive they are.

We've seen hundreds of racist Obamas, Lester's petty rainbow-colored ties, every Republican talking point under the sun, a million Benghazis, and yet the only cartoonist who comes close to Ramirez's level of blatant offensiveness is the newly crazy, off-the-deep-end Kirschen (because holy poo poo if it was anyone else we'd call Kirschen's cartoons the work of a massive anti-semite).

gently caress YOU RAMIREZ!:fuckoff:

fade5 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 29, 2014

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Ramirez took the time to make an intricate caricature of Mike Brown. He took a photograph and studied his face

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

fade5 posted:

It really is amazing how Ramirez can make cartoons that blow past everyone else in how truly offensive they are.

We've seen hundreds of racist Obamas, Lester's petty rainbow-colored ties, every Republican talking point under the sun, a million Benghazis, and yet the only cartoonist who comes close to Ramirez's level of blatant offensiveness is the newly crazy, off-the-deep-end Kirschen (because holy poo poo if it was anyone else we'd call Kirschen's cartoons the work of a massive anti-semite).

gently caress YOU RAMIREZ!:fuckoff:

It's because Ramirez's opinions are shared by many millions, while the Muirs of the world are fringe and relatively obscure.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I think that's the least deformed black man I've ever seen from Ramirez.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I can't even be angry at that one. I'm flattened, and the will to fight back as drained away, only to be replaced by the knowledge that the world really is a bottomless pit of hatred towards our fellow humans.

Ramirez wins this round. :smithicide:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Ramirez took the time to make an intricate caricature of Mike Brown. He took a photograph and studied his face

You've made me sad. I already hate the man. Why did you do this to me? These words in this order have broken me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Michael Brown was a Jedi Knight; used his powers to fire Wilson's gun in a tragic case of force suicide.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye

here it is your next worst cartoon winner

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

Continuation of a theme, really. Latuff is all about solidarity.

Uh, Latuff? Your top left there? Read a thing.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
Admitting his death was tragic, but still blaming it on the person who died. gently caress you Ramirez.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Michael Ramirez serves no positive purpose as a living person.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Palestinian did bad thing? :monocle:

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

snakeandbake posted:

Admitting his death was tragic, but still blaming it on the person who died. gently caress you Ramirez.

To be honest he showed surprising restraint not rendering 'tragic' in his flippant second cursive font..

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

D.N. Nation posted:

Michael Ramirez serves no positive purpose as a living person.

Pointing out that a killed person deserved it is of vital importance to Investors and their Business, Daily. People like you just can't appreciate finance.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Yeah, gently caress that kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Are you loving trolling or just incredibly stupid?

• Locked thread