Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:golfclap: 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I'm not reading the whole thread because I'm lazy but has anyone made a joke about the thread title says "exited" instead of excited? LOL

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Yes! The Force rises!

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I love the thought of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, now old and bitter with a string of failed marriages behind them and their legacy tarnished with a generation of lovely films that they have nobody to blame for but themselves, watching the new Star Wars trailer and fuming quietly at the fact that the blockbuster system that they omce created but now despise has completely surpassed them when it comes to making fun adventure movies loved by all

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ElectricSheep posted:

i'm stoked for the hour-long red letter media video that comes out of this and the plinkett fellating that will follow

you are retarded and i hate you

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
it would be nice if they could just take some advice from the fans and quietly nix the trisaber

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
so have we got around to defending the prequels yet in this thread?

that poo poo never gets old

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Race Realists posted:

so have we got around to defending the prequels yet in this thread?

that poo poo never gets old

on the other hand people parroting talking points from the Redletter Media reviews and pointing out that lensflares are thing got old about two Star Trek movies ago

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I love the thought of George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, now old and bitter with a string of failed marriages behind them and their legacy tarnished with a generation of lovely films that they have nobody to blame for but themselves, watching the new Star Wars trailer and fuming quietly at the fact that the blockbuster system that they omce created but now despise has completely surpassed them when it comes to making fun adventure movies loved by all

And yet.....

I thought it was all Disney now?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

on the other hand people parroting talking points from the Redletter Media reviews and pointing out that lensflares are thing got old about two Star Trek movies ago
we would need an archaeologist to find out how far back goons were saying needs more lens flare

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Disney owns Lucasfilm, so it is...? :confused:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gary oldmans diary posted:

we would need an archaeologist to find out how far back goons were saying needs more lens flare

1st JJ Trek film.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Race Realists posted:

you are retarded and i hate you

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

redshirt posted:

1st JJ Trek film.
a goon friend of mine was saying it before i had an account and he didnt make it up

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-pexSVWzM

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Kilmers Elbow posted:

And yet.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchstone_%28metaphor%29

TEAYCHES posted:

i am a yandere who believes greedo shot first

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

psyopmonkey posted:

Leaked footage from the new movie I found on the internet.

aren't you too sexy to be a storm trooper?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

wanna pizza roll?

i dare you to name one loving thing wrong in that review. granted what he's saying wasnt exactly original:v:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Race Realists posted:

wanna pizza roll?

i dare you to name one loving thing wrong in that review. granted what he's saying wasnt exactly original:v:

he occasionally gets too hung up on details

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Parallax Scroll posted:

he occasionally gets too hung up on details

The prequels reviews are laudable for looking at them as films and not "Star Wars." His Star Trek reviews otoh are exactly 100% that kind of spergy fan nitpicking, if still funny

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
talks too slow and makes you watch too long
i already know theyre bad movies i just want something describing how theyre bad to become notorious so i can be sure george lucas watches it and feels bad like he deserves

i am confident george lucas watched them :smug: that bastard

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

I teach a college Comm. class and use clips from RLM reviews a lot. Mike and Jay make learning fun!!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

Into Darkness was good

Yes I liked into Darkness too.

Would have liked a third but since we're getting three or more proper Star Wars movies I think I shall be satisfied.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Second of all, the droid in the beginning isn't a drat soccer ball he is simply rolling on top of it with his wheel or hover booster. You can see him hopping on it a lot for christ's sake. I mean

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

I teach a college Comm. class and use clips from RLM reviews a lot. Mike and Jay make learning fun!!
i used rocket from guardians of the galaxy for facial expression examples

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

in terms of raw attacks, yeah there's not much to do, but when you lock sabres with someone, you can easily give em a jab with those extra lil blades and leave them bleeding, and we know sabre locks always happen

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

gary oldmans diary posted:

i used rocket from guardians of the galaxy for facial expression examples

:hfive: Hell yeah I used him as an example this semester too -- to talk about the progress of CGI in general. Compared it to Neo's courtyard fight in the second Matrix movie (lol).

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i wish you were my communications prof... mine was an old washed up cynical newspaper guy who hated everything

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

i wish you were my communications prof... mine was an old washed up cynical newspaper guy who hated everything

I'm a journalist too, but I work in TV. We have a little less to be grumpy about compared to those poor newspaper bastards. At least for now.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

A misanthrope posted:

"THE LIGHTSABER LOOKS DUMB!!!" -- All we will be hearing from internet fats for the next year

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Harime Nui posted:

His Star Trek reviews otoh are exactly 100% that kind of spergy fan nitpicking, if still funny

not when it comes to nemesis, that movie is iredeemable garbage on par with episode 1 and 3 that deserved to be raked over the coals. actually generations was also really terrible, really only his first contact and insurrection reviews are spergy fan nitpicking.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
if the internet existed as it does now back when the trailer for episode i came out, this is what it would have looked like

lol you poor fools

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Harime Nui posted:

The prequels reviews are laudable for looking at them as films and not "Star Wars." His Star Trek reviews otoh are exactly 100% that kind of spergy fan nitpicking, if still funny

his reviews of movies i don't like are funny and super insightful, but his reviews of movies i like are spergy nitpicking and not legitimate

pretty big coincidence but whatever

newsflash star wars prequels and JJTrek both suck

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Cubey posted:

not when it comes to nemesis, that movie is iredeemable garbage on par with episode 1 and 3 that deserved to be raked over the coals. actually generations was also really terrible, really only his first contact and insurrection reviews are spergy fan nitpicking.

true

Cnut the Great posted:

his reviews of movies i don't like are funny and super insightful, but his reviews of movies i like are spergy nitpicking and not legitimate

same

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

star wars prequels and jj abrams star trek dont suck on the same level or in the same way

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i liked the part where he talks about pizza rolls and theres the creepy stuff about his dead wife and the imprisoned hookers

but really that poo poo was funny as hell

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cnut the Great posted:

i like first contact and still liked his review.

that said plinkett is old news anyway, best of the worst is the best thing red letter media has ever made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's hard to please nerds but on the flip side really easy to separate them from their money.

• Locked thread