Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

BillBear posted:

You know what game was 100% serious and totally owned? Red Dead Redemption.

gently caress, it sucks so hard that it won't ever come to PC, was it ever stated why they didn't port it over like they did with every other major R* game?

I will never understand people who attack GTA's plot but then give RDR a pass. The majority of the fun I had in that game was in spite of the story, not because of it. There's only so many times you can watch John Marston work for a bunch of assholes who've given him the vague promise of later assistance only to gently caress him over that you start to wonder if he has some kind of learning disability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Michael and Lester really wanted to win that race

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I just want Agent to happen. The Social Club website still believes it's a thing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

ElwoodCuse posted:

The code was a mess and they barely got it to work on 360/PS3

Observe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vavUXJXV7ec

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

This is what I don't get, they spend the whole game saying Trevor is this unkillable badass but look, it wasn't that hard after all now was it Michael???

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Prokhor posted:

This is what I don't get, they spend the whole game saying Trevor is this unkillable badass but look, it wasn't that hard after all now was it Michael???

Yeah, I never got how Franklin couldn't just kill both at the end. He and lester talk about it being impossible but I can't fathom how. Along with all the other references about what you said. Maybe it's just because Trevor is the only really interesting personality.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a way to get the camera to stop re-centering itself when you are driving? i want a slightly higher view when i'm driving because the default chase cam is too low to see whats going on right in front of your car but as soon as you let go of the stick it sinks right back down.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The game is still new to some people, you may want to shut the gently caress up about spoilers.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Real hurthling! posted:

Is there a way to get the camera to stop re-centering itself when you are driving? i want a slightly higher view when i'm driving because the default chase cam is too low to see whats going on right in front of your car but as soon as you let go of the stick it sinks right back down.

Edit: Guess I'm wrong according to many posters below me!

rally fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 29, 2014

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

Real hurthling! posted:

There's an option somewhere where the vehicle cam will be high instead of low

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

theCalamity posted:

There's an option somewhere where the vehicle cam will be high instead of low

Yeah, it's a checkbox somewhere in the options menu.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Pretty sure there's an option to change the default chase cam height.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I think if you go into the options, there is a checkbox to change the default cam height to be high instead of low.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

I think if you go into the options, there is a checkbox to change the default cam height to be high instead of low.

What this guy said.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Ki6Gx2Pgk

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thanks guys much better now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Holy poo poo. I love the AI in this game.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

thanks guys much better now.

It may reset itself back to low on occasion, has done a couple of times for me.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Rockstar does not know how to end a protagonist's story in their games without killing them

Why is this a running joke? They did it twice. Technically once, because Team Bondi are the ones who made L.A. Noire.

Is anyone else getting a super-irritating bug where the PS4 version resets all your settings upon launch? It even gives me the "calibrate brightness" prompt when I start it. The save file is fine, but I have to tell it to re-invert the aim, go to Standard FPS controls, etc...

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Oh my god :(

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Pirate Jet posted:

Is anyone else getting a super-irritating bug where the PS4 version resets all your settings upon launch? It even gives me the "calibrate brightness" prompt when I start it. The save file is fine, but I have to tell it to re-invert the aim, go to Standard FPS controls, etc...

I had it happen once, and actually thought my save was corrupted, so I had quit out and I just deleted my save data and downloaded my cloud save, since I had only played online at that point, I lost nothing. It did scared the poo poo out of me though, good to hear it doesn't actually mess with the save data.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

Why is this a running joke? They did it twice. Technically once, because Team Bondi are the ones who made L.A. Noire.

That's how most running jokes/memes work among goony nerds: do one thing once and they will immediately latch onto it and refuse to let go.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I just got done playing GTAO and I just had trevor hitting a meth pipe and the world around him appeared buzzing or fuzzy, with a slight green hue. This is something I have never seen before in GTA. Kind of amazing to see, though I guess not entirely out of the picture given how Trevor mentioned he prefers the meth over the weed, and Franklin can smoke weed at him anyways.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Scyron posted:

I just got done playing GTAO and I just had trevor hitting a meth pipe and the world around him appeared buzzing or fuzzy, with a slight green hue. This is something I have never seen before in GTA. Kind of amazing to see, though I guess not entirely out of the picture given how Trevor mentioned he prefers the meth over the weed, and Franklin can smoke weed at him anyways.

I was in the previous gen too, but yeah it isn't often it happens (for me at least) I did catch it on ps4 though too, the colours were amazing.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Really stupid question - how do I link my social club accounts to my PSN id? There doesn't seem to be an in-game GTA5 login option like there was on 360.

edit: duuuuuurrrr....you have to login in the social club using a web browser.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 29, 2014

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I haven't played since the game originally launched on 360 and thinking about getting back into it on ps4, however for the online portion can you still have people with auto-target play against people with manual aim? It always bugged me because auto-target people had a massive advantage over people who want to actually aim.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I can't wait to start making movies with the replay editor on PC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMJajF1tBxA

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

I haven't played since the game originally launched on 360 and thinking about getting back into it on ps4, however for the online portion can you still have people with auto-target play against people with manual aim? It always bugged me because auto-target people had a massive advantage over people who want to actually aim.

If you want to actually aim wait for the pc version and use a mouse.
In the mean time, I think there's separate playlists for masochists.

Knuc U Kinte fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Nov 29, 2014

shuey
Feb 26, 2006
sports, not heavy crime
On the topIc of ai.

Police Brutality: http://youtu.be/wjhGhZucOCY

Just accelerate out of it: http://youtu.be/FYkjJwIXm5s

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

If you want to actually aim wait for the pc version and use a mouse.
In the mean time, I think there's separate playlists for masochists.
Free Aim against other players in GTA:O is fine. It's the AI that are cheating bastards (They still have Sniper Pistols).
Hell, it's preferable to play on Free Aim (Auto Aim and Free Aim don't mix. You get a message saying if you switching between the two) because you can actually drive less armoured cars and motorbikes without getting auto-aimed off by peeps on the street.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Was messing around last night with san andreas on pc. I don't know when I tried it last but i thought goons might like to hear the ginput mod to make 360 controllers work is now fully functional, pressure sensitive triggers and new in game button skins included.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

ethanol posted:

Was messing around last night with san andreas on pc. I don't know when I tried it last but i thought goons might like to hear the ginput mod to make 360 controllers work is now fully functional, pressure sensitive triggers and new in game button skins included.

Ooh thank you. I actually avoided the PC release for so long because of this. Does it fix the thing where you can't control the camera with the right stick?
If not, it looks like I'm still stuck with the iPhone version with my PS3 controller

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Ooh thank you. I actually avoided the PC release for so long because of this. Does it fix the thing where you can't control the camera with the right stick?
If not, it looks like I'm still stuck with the iPhone version with my PS3 controller

Yes, it works perfect as far as i can tell.

I had some trouble getting it to run.. just follow this guide to the letter. I had thought i didn't need to downgrade my version since it was already 1.00, but it turned out I in fact needed to and that solved my troubles.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=234359854&insideModal=1

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I think that lobbies should only be split between third person with traditional aiming, and forced first person with freeaim.

Also you should be able to choose the aiming mode you want in mission settings and freeaim should have a higher payout.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

circ dick soleil posted:

I think that lobbies should only be split between third person with traditional aiming, and forced first person with freeaim.

Also you should be able to choose the aiming mode you want in mission settings and freeaim should have a higher payout.

I think Freeaim does have a higher payout.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So I bought this again on PS4. For some reason the DLC code gave all 500,000 to Franklin so Michael is broke, none of the custom cars I made saved in the garage I bought, outfits not saving...I'm off to a really fun start here. In general I forgot how loving stupid and fun hating this games economy is.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Your aiming mode in online missions is tied to your free roam aiming mode, as far as I know. The overpowered AI makes freeaim a pretty grim choice. First person mode just has this lovely Killzone feeling to it where the deadzone is the wrong size and the aim acceleration is way too high.

I'm trying to like first person mode but it's always just going to be a first person camera in a third person game. Stuff like navigating stairwells, flying planes, and climbing up stuff is somewhere between frustrating and impossible, but the weapon scopes and the fact that your view changes color with sunglasses are both pretty cool.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

So I bought this again on PS4. For some reason the DLC code gave all 500,000 to Franklin so Michael is broke, none of the custom cars I made saved in the garage I bought, outfits not saving...I'm off to a really fun start here. In general I forgot how loving stupid and fun hating this games economy is.

If you want to jump through some hoops you could get a pre-1.04 version installed and then exploit the stock market. The game is much more fun(especially a second time) when you don't have to worry about money.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Is the "stock market exploit" something besides those Assassination missions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

Is the "stock market exploit" something besides those Assassination missions?

Yes, before 1.04 you can just buy and then immediately sell Lifeinvader stock for millions of dollars.

• Locked thread