Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The English YYH dub is terrible...compared to the Brazilian one. No, honestly, it's my favorite dub ever. I'd take both over the Japanese version tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Glad everyone's enjoying Evil Within!

It's not a great TBFP playthrough if one of you doesn't completely poo poo the bed at a vital moment (usually Pat. Almost always Pat.)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If anyone wants to brave the storm that is the PC version of Evil Within you can get it on GMG for about 16 bucks today with the use of coupons and the sale. I know the play through has made me want to play it just to understand the game and after Pat's meltdown with the PC version, I need to experience it for myself.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
What's wrong with it? I heard the patch fixed up a few things like the framerate and the borderless black windows are gone now.

I mean yeah before it was a bit of an iffy port.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Beef Waifu posted:

If anyone wants to brave the storm that is the PC version of Evil Within you can get it on GMG for about 16 bucks today with the use of coupons and the sale. I know the play through has made me want to play it just to understand the game and after Pat's meltdown with the PC version, I need to experience it for myself.

I'm tempted to go after that but I think I'll just finish RE4 again. If there's any game I'm spending $16 on at that GMG VIP section it's Wolfenstein.

e: The problem with it was that Pat got to a constant-crash state no matter what he did it kept crashing. Might have had something to do with recording or his graphics drivers (maybe this was around the time the AC:Unity drivers came out that made my GTX 770 crash on a bunch of stuff but I dunno).

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Blockhouse posted:

It's not a great TBFP playthrough if one of you doesn't completely poo poo the bed at a vital moment (usually Pat. Almost always Pat.)

I am really enjoying the play through quite a bit, but goddamn guys, look around more carefully, the way you miss items that are right under your noses is rattling every OCD nerve in my body.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shindragon posted:

What's wrong with it? I heard the patch fixed up a few things like the framerate and the borderless black windows are gone now.

I mean yeah before it was a bit of an iffy port.

It requires an incredibly beefy computer and has crashing issues.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Improbable Lobster posted:

It requires an incredibly beefy computer and has crashing issues.

Really you can just lock it to 30 and the incredibly beefy drops down to a GTX 760 or something.

e: It still can crash sometimes though and it looks like forcing AA off in game and in the nvidia control panel may stop some/most of it. Kinda just looking through topics on the internet.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 27, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

havenwaters posted:

Really you can just lock it to 30 and the incredibly beefy drops down to a GTX 760 or something.

e: It still can crash sometimes though and it looks like forcing AA off in game and in the nvidia control panel may stop some/most of it. Kinda just looking through topics on the internet.

It's still a beefier than my machine :smith:

I can play BF4 and Crysis 3 at a solid framerate but can't play with more than 15 FPS.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Glad everyone's enjoying Evil Within!

Well, I'm enjoying it. That puzzle and that boss fight were...not great, but I always keep in mind that this is pretty much a blind LP, and those are a mess if you don't know the game's mechanics. With the puzzle, I can't blame you guys for overthinking it; you've both spent years dealing with RE and Silent Hill's bullshit, so I can see you guys looking at that diagram and immediately assuming it's way more complicated than it is.

Blockhouse posted:

This is true.

Also, Matt, could you spoil us and tell us which video the plot starts in? It seems right now the game is just wandering through mindworlds looking for Leslie over and over again.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I know we haven't even reached the audio issues yet, but it feels like something is really off with the Fall LP. Did no one notice the out of place music?
EDIT: Oh it fixed itself. Well, better late than never.

HGH fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 27, 2014

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Marshal Radisic posted:

Well, I'm enjoying it. That puzzle and that boss fight were...not great, but I always keep in mind that this is pretty much a blind LP, and those are a mess if you don't know the game's mechanics. With the puzzle, I can't blame you guys for overthinking it; you've both spent years dealing with RE and Silent Hill's bullshit, so I can see you guys looking at that diagram and immediately assuming it's way more complicated than it is.

This is true.

Also, Matt, could you spoil us and tell us which video the plot starts in? It seems right now the game is just wandering through mindworlds looking for Leslie over and over again.

We just got a big plot dump in the episodes we recorded today, in fact. 15-17 abouts.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The chapters after this one are really good, then the quality drops and it gets tedious for a bit

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

As I said in a previous video, this game is nothing but peaks and valleys.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I just wanna say Matt, it sucks about the most recent Evil Within video losing the audio, but I think it's really cool how you just admitted it and redid it. A lot of production groups would just pretend nothing happened and try to recreate the lost footage, but I love that you guys are honest about what happens and keep the video authentic.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Thanks!

Although to be completely honest, we've not talked about that kinda stuff before. There was a section that had to be re-done in the Disaster LP that we didn't really acknowledge, as well as basically the entire Revengeance LP, where we both had beaten it, but acted like we had not.

But that bit of Evil Within was kinda fun to talk about, so I think we'll do it that way from now on.

ALSO

CAN YOU GUESS THE GAME?

Today's video that's going to be uploaded at 3:00 pm EST, is one I HAD to do with Woolie and Liam, and we HAD to be drunk to make the game more entertaining.

Any guesses?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Sonic booooooooooooo-urns

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

GOTTA GO FAST

I am really really sad at how sonic has ended up, it's like, it's not hard guys, just don't make a lovely broken game. Sonic lost worlds initially had a really interesting breath of fresh air in terms of the general Idea and design but they also hosed it up big time.

how about just giving it to platinum, I want to hear a mishmash piano sonic theme.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

how about just giving it to platinum, I want to hear a mishmash piano sonic theme.
That'd make sense, though. Sega runs on this bizarre, hosed up anti-logic. Sometimes it works out staggeringly well for them (Let's give a legendary sci-fi horror film franchise to a developer of nothing but historic strategy games!), other times it works about as well as you'd expect (Let's get a developer with zero DS experience to make a Sonic RPG on the DS!).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

The Kins posted:

That'd make sense, though. Sega runs on this bizarre, hosed up anti-logic. Sometimes it works out staggeringly well for them (Let's give a legendary sci-fi horror film franchise to a developer of nothing but historic strategy games!), other times it works about as well as you'd expect (Let's get a developer with zero DS experience to make a Sonic RPG on the DS!).

And then there's the good old "Let's give one of our most important licenses to some rear end in a top hat who refuses to listen to our instructions and embezzled the money for his studio's own FPS game."
Although I heard Red Button might not be too dissimilar to that actually.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Generations and Colors were good, who knows what the gently caress happened with Lost World, and Boom was made by idiots.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

God help us, sonic is here.

That title card is frightening.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
That moment of incredulity at Sonic needing a fast travel button needs to go in the 'Best of 2014' video.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Al-Saqr posted:

God help us, sonic is here.

That title card is frightening.

Didn't it come from SA's tails gets trolled thread?

Also eesh, I only saw the infamous I WANT ROCKY ROAD video and a few gifs of bugs but the actual gameplay is painful.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I think that this is by far the slowest sonic game. it's even slower than loving sonic 2006, there isn't even actual RUNNING for cripes sake.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I think I heard Liam say "eh?" at the end of a sentence like five times in the span of 3 minutes halfway through the video and it's driving me up the goddamn wall. Sort of like when you're aware of people who say "Y'know?" like that's how a period is pronounced.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

I think I heard Liam say "eh?" at the end of a sentence like five times in the span of 3 minutes halfway through the video and it's driving me up the goddamn wall. Sort of like when you're aware of people who say "Y'know?" like that's how a period is pronounced.

Liam's easily the most Canadian of the gang, I think it adds to his charm.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TriffTshngo posted:

Go back and listen to every podcast and video with him. You'll notice he's done it forever to the point I think there's a few times he does it on purpose :v:

Edit: One minute into the first fight and you guys don't even know Kirby's Nightmare Wizard. Your kirby related intro LIES.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 29, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt, how much time was spent doing the Knuckles jump glitch? I kinda wanna see you guys do more of that, you could probably just speedrun the game with that stupid thing.

I fully expect/hope to see a 20 minute speedrun of Sonic Boom at AGDQ

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Captain Invictus posted:

Matt, how much time was spent doing the Knuckles jump glitch? I kinda wanna see you guys do more of that, you could probably just speedrun the game with that stupid thing.

I fully expect/hope to see a 20 minute speedrun of Sonic Boom at AGDQ

Last I heard speedrunners had it down to about an hour, though that was like a week after the game came out so it's probably even lower by now.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Go back and listen to every podcast and video with him. You'll notice he's done it forever to the point I think there's a few times he does it on purpose :v:

He says "Eh?" a lot, Pat does the "Soowry" and Woolie can't say 'pallet' to save his life. Matt is the least filthy of the filthy canuckleheads.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please let Pat know I feel bad for him. He's so bad at smash and him just mumbling excuses like the screen splat is just depressing.

Like genuinely feeling sorry for him, he sounds so miserable.

Edit: The biggest shame of that video is that when you did the cut you didn't set up mii's for yourselves. I figured that would of been a big obvious one having all the best friends punch each other in the head.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 29, 2014

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

That fisticuffs showed me that Amiibo Cockfighting looks far funner than it needs to be, it's literally pokemon battling.

at least pat got one brawl Mario party victory.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Commissar Ken posted:

He says "Eh?" a lot, Pat does the "Soowry" and Woolie can't say 'pallet' to save his life. Matt is the least filthy of the filthy canuckleheads.

matt is the most american man alive :patriot:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Al-Saqr posted:

That fisticuffs showed me that Amiibo Cockfighting looks far funner than it needs to be, it's literally pokemon battling.

Good job, Budman.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

When does the amiibo fighting start in the video? I'll probably watch all of it eventually anyway, but that sounds interesting to see.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

When does the amiibo fighting start in the video? I'll probably watch all of it eventually anyway, but that sounds interesting to see.

About 2-3 minutes from the end.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It's the very last fight at the end.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Really wish Konkey Dong would have pulled it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

By the way Matt, in case you were wondering the Pac-Land stage is a real game