Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Nobody has said it yet, but in the KOTOR games there were Vibroblades that were basically ultrasonic, vibrating metal swords that could not be cut through with a light saber.

I could see the new light saber being a combination vibroblade and light saber. I think it's a good guess that it's either an ancient, unrefined weapon, or that it's a cobbled-together custom design.

I also like the idea of a multi-bladed saber being inherently dangerous for others to pick up and use, but not dangerous to the Sith that has trained extensively with it. How many Star Wars fights have involved one person or another dropping their light saber and then having it be used against them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

bobfather posted:

Nobody has said it yet, but in the KOTOR games there were Vibroblades that were basically ultrasonic, vibrating metal swords that could not be cut through with a light saber.

I could see the new light saber being a combination vibroblade and light saber. I think it's a good guess that it's either an ancient, unrefined weapon, or that it's a cobbled-together custom design.

I also like the idea of a multi-bladed saber being inherently dangerous for others to pick up and use, but not dangerous to the Sith that has trained extensively with it. How many Star Wars fights have involved one person or another dropping their light saber and then having it be used against them?

kotor is non cannon EU now so no it can't because those things no longer exist as per disney's orders.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

bobfather posted:

Or just do this instead:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Tarquinn posted:

Or just do this instead:

can't according to cannon now

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

look, that's cute and all but it completely misses the point of that light saber.

it is so after he slays his jedi enemies and their heathen religion he can slam that bad boy into the earth and praise the Lord Jesus of Space.

in nomine patris et filii et Spiritus Sithi

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

I think the animated clone wars series is still like the only non-movie canon thing and there was at least one duel with a vibroblade there.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Daynab posted:

I think the animated clone wars series is still like the only non-movie canon thing and there was at least one duel with a vibroblade there.

nope, i have watched clone wars at least 6 times no vibrosword.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Noblesse Obliged posted:

look, that's cute and all but it completely misses the point of that light saber.

it is so after he slays his jedi enemies and their heathen religion he can slam that bad boy into the earth and praise the Lord Jesus of Space.

in nomine patris et filii et Spiritus Sithi
I think you might be confused about the facts present in the trailer.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

look man ive been on crusade and we didnt hold it from that end.

that depiction of the Lamb of Hosts is erronious

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

zen death robot posted:

I always assumed the metal part of the light saber wasn't too prone to getting cut up by light sabers, since that didn't happen in the movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRULr1o3yoY&t=29s

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Nov 29, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Strange rear end Lightsbaers aside they put the proper V-Wing into Episode 7 so you're not stuck with those awful halfassed V-Wings which were not really V-Wings but a production error that was never corrected.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
the use the force to weld in the future star wras world

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

good

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

TOILETLORD posted:

nope, i have watched clone wars at least 6 times no vibrosword.

Talking about the new series for kids, wasn't there a mandalorian with a glowing black sword or something that obi-wan duels?

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Will it come out on betamax? :newlol:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Helpimscared posted:

no but betamax already came on it

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Helpimscared posted:

go gently caress yourself

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ah, excellent, barely a few days and nerds who think too highly of their own inane opinions are already wailing about the most minute horseshit.
I can't wait to see this movie and say "That was a pretty good movie." in front of a Star Wars nerd to see his impotent rage.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Prawned posted:

go gently caress yourself

Yes sir'

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Tarquinn posted:

Or just do this instead:

dang this is cool

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

JebanyPedal posted:

Ah, excellent, barely a few days and nerds who think too highly of their own inane opinions are already wailing about the most minute horseshit.
I can't wait to see this movie and say "That was a pretty good movie." in front of a Star Wars nerd to see his impotent rage.

it's gonna be really fun seeing people complain about CGI when the movie uses a ton of practical effects

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_iron#Usage

ok now shut up about cutting through the crossguard

I hate you for making me post this.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Skeesix posted:

That's apparently the real story behind all the special editions. He wanted to change the editing enough that he wouldn't have to pay her royalties because he's a triflin' little bastard

I really don't understand this. Everything I've read says that she was a brilliant editor and helped save the first movie. Why is she being written out of history like a Trotskyist?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

I really don't understand this. Everything I've read says that she was a brilliant editor and helped save the first movie. Why is she being written out of history like a Trotskyist?

It's not true, but people like simple narratives rather than complex truths so George Lucas is both an incompetent boob who lucked into success on the back of Marcia Lucas and a Machiavellian schemer who wrecked his movies on purpose just to spite her

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Cubey posted:

my favorite part of this has always been how he uses 'stoklaska' constantly, like he's writing some kind of official document or some poo poo

I dunno don't you think it's weirder to call so e one you don't know by their given name.....? Perhaps it's me, who is weird

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Sokoban posted:

Maybe star wars is retarded?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
shut up tiny lowtax

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Fitzy Fitz posted:

What if you made a bullets out of this iron stuff? Lightsabers wouldnt be able to deflect it. Or shotgun pellets.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

shut up tiny lowtax

no u

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Mandalorians are extinct, poo poo doesn't apply. Cortosis is more likely.

Lote posted:

What if you made a bullets out of this iron stuff? Lightsabers wouldnt be able to deflect it.

Just make it out of regular lead, a lightsaber wouldn't stop them from getting splashed with molten metal after they try to block it. Blaster bolts aren't bullets.

:goonsay:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
*checks in on thread and sees that everyone is still talking about the loving lightsaber*

*closes thread*

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Or you just split a blaster bolt into 2+ simultaneous beams.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

A misanthrope posted:

*checks in on thread and sees that everyone is still talking about the loving lightsaber*

*closes thread*

Oh no people are being nerds over a movie for nerds, this is terrible

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

just drop a anvil on the jedi. duh

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Seriously though, why don't the Jedis use their jedi power to just turn off the other person's litesabre?

:chloe:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

which group of black stormtroopers has worse aim?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Seriously though, why don't the Jedis use their jedi power to just turn off the other person's litesabre?

:chloe:

Or use the Force to give the other guy a brain aneurysm or something. Don't go start thinking logically about that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Tarquinn posted:

Or just do this instead:

Sweet but why are there Jedi in Game of Thrones now ?

• Locked thread