Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Waffleman_ posted:

I just had the worst thought about a future anime adaptation. If it had come out in a time when 4Kids could license it, they'd probably make Tsuyu French, being a frog.

:krakken: "I said sayonaraaa!"
:frog: "Au revoir."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Froggirl has just the one amusing expression on her face, I care nothing for her.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008
Issue No. 14 has been translated!
http://www.mangahere.co/manga/boku_no_hero_academia/c014/

Edit: Nevermind I'm an idiot and thought it was a new chapter. Please come out already 15 :(

papasyhotcakes fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 29, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yes that was two days ago but thank you.

(I still read it again anyway)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

You can see black holes arm at the end of chapter 12

edit: Also :frogbon: :frog: :getin: :frogon:

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 29, 2014

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So they're trying to ice All-Might because He inspires people to be heroes? or was that just something Deku thought and dismissed (IE: "Like I'd know!")?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

ConanThe3rd posted:

So they're trying to ice All-Might because He inspires people to be heroes? or was that just something Deku thought and dismissed (IE: "Like I'd know!")?

He's a shining example of a hero and also a hero who has never been beaten. Other heros look up to him and also know if they ever went villian they'd have to fight him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ConanThe3rd posted:

Well, they keep calling him the "Symbol of Peace"; maybe they're trying to shatter the peace he keeps. He is a deterrent against crime and a major factor in the current state of the world all on his own, after all. Multiple people, himself included, seem to believe his death or his reputation being taken down a notch would result in really, reallt bad things happening.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Nov 29, 2014

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://bato.to/read/_/287819/boku-no-hero-academia_ch15_by_fallen-angels

Hey look it's chapter 15

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

That was great. Deku was great. Tsuyu was great. Even Grapeboy continued to be amusing this episode :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Actually, Grapeboy's powers are the best. I love weird powers that are surprisingly versatile even though they come off as seemingly useless at first glances -- that's what was fun about Hunter X Hunter's nen powers sometimes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Well, he's basically got a very large supply of glue grenades. That's actually pretty useful for superhero work.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Holy poo poo, there's an Ultimate Muscle dude. Hahaha, this manga is great.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DrSunshine posted:

Actually, Grapeboy's powers are the best. I love weird powers that are surprisingly versatile even though they come off as seemingly useless at first glances -- that's what was fun about Hunter X Hunter's nen powers sometimes.

Grapeboy's hardcore. He threw so many grape balls his head started to bleed, just like he said it would. Very metal.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Grapes hasn't realized it yet but his power is pretty much those sticky balls that Syndrome used to capture Mr. Incredible. Those things are pretty awesome.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What's Abe from Hellboy doing there?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kyte posted:

Grapes hasn't realized it yet but his power is pretty much those sticky balls that Syndrome used to capture Mr. Incredible. Those things are pretty awesome.

He'd likely be pretty seriously dangerous in close quarters, give or take a bit of martial-arts training. If he tags someone in the face with a ball, they're blinded and probably about to lose the use of one of their arms as well (because who wouldn't try to get sticky purple goop out of their eyes when there's a superhero beating on them?).

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I loved him pointing at the problem and just crying to make his case instead of outright stating it. Fantastic little detail and more subtle than a lot of the humor you read in a manga.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Principal Mousebeardog is adorable. I hope he has amazing fighting powers, such as the proportional strength of a whatever he is.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Maybe whoever is behind these shenanigans knows about All For One and is trying to get their hands on it.

Tunahead fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 29, 2014

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Tsuyu is the best and continues to be the best in this most recent chapter.

Tunahead posted:

Maybe whoever is behind these shenanigans knows about All For One and is trying to get their hands on it.

Their many, many hands.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I hope calling the move delaware smash when using only a finger was intentional

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
For those of us not Americans what's the joke?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Lessail posted:

I hope calling the move delaware smash when using only a finger was intentional

I wonder, considering his idolization of All Might, if he is just picking state names at random to name his powers. I wish he got more elaborate with it, though. "Washington Crossing the Delware!" "Idaho Mash!" "Nevada Roulette!"

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Pierson posted:

Delaware is a tiny state

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pierson posted:

Detroit is a city, Delaware is a state. Detroit is not in Delaware. If there is a joke I sure don't get it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Delaware is shaped kind of like a finger I guess. It's long and thin and Deku's attack had similar properties.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's delaware because it sounds cool (and it's funny to have all attacks named after US states/cities) you giant spergs.

Otherwise I fear the Florida smash.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

trucutru posted:

It's delaware because it sounds cool (and it's funny to have all attacks named after US states/cities) you giant spergs.

Otherwise I fear the Florida smash.

Considering it's Florida, it should include a hint towards dying a natural death.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What's Abe from Hellboy doing there?

Murdering children, obviously.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder if All Might's smash repertoire includes more cities than Detroit.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if All Might's smash repertoire includes more cities than Detroit.

"New York Knockout!" "San Francisco Takedown!" "Hell Finisher!" "Chicago Shockwave!"

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Covok posted:

"New York Knockout!" "San Francisco Takedown!" "Hell Finisher!" "Chicago Shockwave!"

Texas Beatdown! Michigan Chokeslam!

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Missouri Compromise!

wait

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Long Island Tearful Reunion!
San Fran Iron Hand!

It's actually a breath of fresh air when the things they shout don't have meaning behind them, or are puns.

Mindblast posted:

I loved him pointing at the problem and just crying to make his case instead of outright stating it. Fantastic little detail and more subtle than a lot of the humor you read in a manga.

It's so common in things that aren't anime/manga that I just glossed over it's inclusion.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It's so common in things that aren't anime/manga that I just glossed over it's inclusion.

Absolutely, that's why it's so good to see it in a manga for once.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Those all sound like wrestling moves.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

DaveWoo posted:

Missouri Compromise!

wait

It would be amazing if he just kept using increasingly weird phrases that no one in Japan even got.

New York Minute
Texas Longhorn
Pennsylvania Dutch
Seattle Tacoma
Beltway Insider
Kennedy Space Center

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I like Tsuyu way more than the supposed heroine. But then, I like pretty much all of the side characters more than the non-All Might main cast. Bakugou is annoying, Deku is a cliche, and Uraraka is boring. However, I do like it when people point out how Bakugou is actually acting like an idiot child all the time and wasting his natural talent.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Jazu posted:

Kennedy Space Center

I think a lot of people have read Stone Ocean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Obviously, that's why it'd be the name of his farewell attack.

Although it could lead up to him then living out the remainder of his time in his normal body. With a different name. But the same (more or less) hair.