Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Sour Diesel posted:

Watching him play when a game is starting to slide is like watching someone struggle in quicksand. He tries to go for the home run to quickly catch up and digs himself into a deeper hole. He's not that good.

Jay Cutler is me playing Madden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

African AIDS cum posted:

Correct, people make excuses for him more than any player I have ever seen

What about Cam Newton?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Then 31 other teams have OLs that are worse than "not that good"

I've had dreams where Russell Wilson starts behind a line of that caliber. Weird dreams.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

DOOP posted:

Cowboys line isn't that good

You dumb piece of poo poo

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

blue squares posted:

You dumb piece of poo poo

Tony Romo is an unclutch choker.

illcendiary posted:

Jay Cutler is me playing Madden

holy poo poo this is the perfect description of him

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Aye Doc posted:

What about kaepernick?

Huge contract, $126 million, and has been a disaster. What is the cap hit when they cut him?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Sour Diesel posted:

Tony Romo is an unclutch choker.

Tony Romo: 23 fourth quarter comebacks, 27 game-winning drives
Joe Flacco: 13 fourth quarter comebacks, 20 game-winning drives

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Tony Romo: 0 ringz

Joe Flacco: 1 ringz

:smuggo:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Tony Romo: 23 fourth quarter comebacks, 27 game-winning drives
Joe Flacco: 13 fourth quarter comebacks, 20 game-winning drives

I was just being a dick.

But I'll go full on ESPN and say playoffs and super bowl bla bla

e: ostentatious knows what's up

African AIDS cum posted:

Huge contract, $126 million, and has been a disaster. What is the cap hit when they cut him?

It's really not that bad at all. I don't know the specifics but he can be let go and not hurt the team financially. Guaranteed money is the only thing that matters in contracts.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sour Diesel posted:

I was just being a dick.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

Almost none of his contract is guaranteed and he only gets the max end of that payout if he's balling out and they make it to the play-offs every year.

His contract loving sucks.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

blue squares posted:

Wake up. It's the best or one of the best of the decade

Then what happened on Thursday?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

axeil posted:

Eagles front 7 (even with Matthews) is really good.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Sometimes, good units have bad games.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Sometimes, good units have bad games.

The mantra of Jerry Jones in all aspects of his life.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

axeil posted:

An Eagles fan should know, and NFC-East divisional game happened, strange poo poo is to be expected.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Almost none of his contract is guaranteed and he only gets the max end of that payout if he's balling out and they make it to the play-offs every year.

He makes less guaranteed per year than Chad Henne.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

DOOP posted:

Cowboys line isn't that good

Neither is Cutler

Going to agree with this because I am feeling real loving smug about football this weekend.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Watching all the games go your way on Thanksgiving and the games not even be close is greatly empowering to smugness.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Watching all the games go your way on Thanksgiving and the games not even be close is greatly empowering to smugness.

:smug:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

He's been told this probably a dozen times and keeps farting out $126 million

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

blue squares posted:

Wake up. It's the best or one of the best of the decade

Tell that to Bennie Logan and the rest of the Eagles

Why yes, I solely judge teams on how they do against the Eagles, why do you ask?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It's not even making the playoffs. They have to make the Super Bowl or he has to be 1st- or 2nd-team All-Pro, otherwise he gets paid basically like a league-average starting QB.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why would he sign that contract other than that he is clearly a big ol idiot

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Cutler needs to leave the Bears organisation stat and go be a hilarious gun slinger at some other dumb team that gives him more than one and a half seconds to throw the ball

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

blue squares posted:

Yess Kap bashing turns from his contract is prohibitively large to why didn't he sign a prohibitively large contract

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Yess Kap bashing turns from his contract is prohibitively large to why didn't he sign a prohibitively large contract

Stop expecting logical consistency. I'm blue squares. And I'm an idiot.

blue squares fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 30, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

It was a loving retarded contract :colbert:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

He is an all time awful QB. Could barely muster 100 yards passing the other night. His wild scrambles papered the cracks but now the emperor has no clothes.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Kaep, Cam, RG3, and to a lesser extent cutler seem to get unlimited passes and I really dont get why.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cutler is literally the best QB the Bears have had in 50 years

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Kaep, Cam, RG3, and to a lesser extent cutler seem to get unlimited passes and I really dont get why.

I think a lot of people are afraid to form their own opinion so they go with conventional wisdom until its no longer tenable.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Comprehensive list of Bears QBs historically better than Cutler:
1) Sid Luckman
2)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Jim McMahon would wipe his rear end with Cutler

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

blue squares posted:

He thinks the only thing keeping him from HoF greatness is Trying Harder and Baalke clearly took full advantage of that.

When he was picked over Smith it was obviously because Harbaugh et al thought he had a higher ceiling than Smith, which I still believe was a reasonable thing to think at the time. How much of that potential was squandered by bad coaching versus how much never existed in the first place is a question that I do not think has a clear answer yet.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kaepernick's ceiling isn't unlimited but it's higher than the current iteration of the coaching staff is allowing. There's a lot of ignoring what Kaepernick was able to do when he was allowed to follow his instincts and run the ball, or when the coaching staff actually called well-designed run plays for him. Kaepernick will never be a pocket passer, but he shouldn't be.

There's a poo poo ton of bad coaching that is leading to Kaepernick regressing hard this year. He misses a ton of reads, yes, but you can see on his scrambles that he is clearly being coached that on 1st and 10 or 2nd and 7 that he needs to pass even when there's clear running room to get 5 or 6 yards. He's trying to pass to the bitter end in lieu of finding a running lane, which would make him so much more valuable.

Fire Greg Roman

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I, too, give up on a quarterback in his 35th start. Although at this rate that'll take RG3 5 seasons.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Cam gets all the passes he wants cause he's handsome and cool

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy

African AIDS cum posted:

Jim McMahon would wipe his rear end with Cutler

nah

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im pretty sure jim mcmahon cant wipe his own butt anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

African AIDS cum posted:

I think a lot of people are afraid to form their own opinion so they go with conventional wisdom until its no longer tenable.

lol

• Locked thread