Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I started a Legendary KOTR this morning with a team that just manages to scrape onto the Legendary tier (1 Epic Pro, 1 Epic, 6 UR Pros, 1 UR Pro diva and 1 SR Pro diva). I figured I would be matched up against similar teams and might have a chance of either picking up another Epic card or maybe clawing my way into the semi-final for a Legendary but instead I'm being steamrolled by assholes who have 2-3 Survivor level cards and a bench of commons :mad:

Why would someone who already has multiple Survivor level cards want to put themselves in a low-level Legendary KOTR? While I like the new content and some of the changes they've made I think the changes to the KOTR system put anyone who doesn't already have a 5 Legendary Pro lineup at a massive disadvantage and it's going to be incredibly difficult to progress beyond mid Epic - low Legendary tier without stupid amounts of grinding and luck.

But at least I'm getting some schadenfreude from people on the official forum crying because they're PCC rewards are no longer the most powerful cards in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Dreamsicle posted:

Got another TEW question. When should I capitalize on my spillover popularity and perform in those regions?

Depends on how big you are. Til you're good with cash flow you should stick with your home territory, because venturing outside of it too early will result in paltry gates and thus net losses on your pay-per-appearance deals

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

cyberia posted:

I'm being steamrolled by assholes who have 2-3 Survivor level cards and a bench of commons :mad:

Why would someone who already has multiple Survivor level cards want to put themselves in a low-level Legendary KOTR?

Specifically because they can steamroll guys like you. With the current matchup system, sandbagging is the only way to get anywhere and the sooner you give in the sooner you'll enjoy the game again.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

cyberia posted:

I started a Legendary KOTR this morning with a team that just manages to scrape onto the Legendary tier (1 Epic Pro, 1 Epic, 6 UR Pros, 1 UR Pro diva and 1 SR Pro diva). I figured I would be matched up against similar teams and might have a chance of either picking up another Epic card or maybe clawing my way into the semi-final for a Legendary but instead I'm being steamrolled by assholes who have 2-3 Survivor level cards and a bench of commons :mad:

Why would someone who already has multiple Survivor level cards want to put themselves in a low-level Legendary KOTR? While I like the new content and some of the changes they've made I think the changes to the KOTR system put anyone who doesn't already have a 5 Legendary Pro lineup at a massive disadvantage and it's going to be incredibly difficult to progress beyond mid Epic - low Legendary tier without stupid amounts of grinding and luck.

But at least I'm getting some schadenfreude from people on the official forum crying because they're PCC rewards are no longer the most powerful cards in the game.

With your cards you should be trying to do what the guys beating you are doing but in an Epic Level KOTR rather than a Legendary. Grab yourself some epic pros (eventually) and then go back to legend tier. You're really not gonna stand a chance of making it to the top 8 without a good number of epic pros in your deck.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
For me it's not even a case of sandbagging, my best cards need training, and the quickest way is by using my previous best cards. I only need 5 good cards for exhibition so I don't want a good bench for KOTR (I play regularly enough to get fitness cards). My bench is full of commons because they're there and I can't be bothered to change them to my next best five which are untrained Epics or whatever. The only time I would max out the bench is if I was on the precipice of the next tier, and with the new rewards system, even that probably isn't worth doing.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Anyone else having trouble in 2k15 MyCareer mode [or the game in general], it feels like sometimes grapples simply do not want to initiate. I'll be hovering over a downed opponent, or standing close to a standing opponent and nothign registers in time and the opponent does a move on me.

Maybe it's just my CAWs stats but it feels really sluggish [even with the speed attributes upped], so I normally just resort to strikes and running moves as grapples are way too risky.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
God drat. I wasn't even trying hard in KOTR, I got through to the playoffs with only 4 losses. But of course I got stomped in the first round by someone with a 24-22 record or some poo poo.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

simosimo posted:

Anyone else having trouble in 2k15 MyCareer mode [or the game in general], it feels like sometimes grapples simply do not want to initiate. I'll be hovering over a downed opponent, or standing close to a standing opponent and nothign registers in time and the opponent does a move on me.

Maybe it's just my CAWs stats but it feels really sluggish [even with the speed attributes upped], so I normally just resort to strikes and running moves as grapples are way too risky.

Hows your stamina look?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fired up EA UFC and did a career mode with my newest HW prospect Big "Jumbo" Johnson. First match in dude catches a kick and dumps me, thai style. Holy crap.

EA UFC was a horrific launch but they've polished up the gameplay and continue to add fighters, its worth a buy.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah i've heard EA UFC is a game that's really shaped up post-launch, it's nice that the devs have stuck to it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah i've heard EA UFC is a game that's really shaped up post-launch, it's nice that the devs have stuck to it

I bought it day one and it really wasn't much of a game. Then they issued a few mechanics patches and it suddenly got fun.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I just won a Survivor KOTR, but I feel like I should have taken second for the guaranteed Legendary support card. Although unlikely, I hope that one of the two random rewards can pair with my freebie.

Edit: Ended up with AJ Lee and Eve Torres.

Edit 2: and my first non-freebie Legendary board pull was a stop sign, which was my freebie when I first hit Legendary.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 28, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Roman Reigns posted:

Hows your stamina look?

Pretty much maxed!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

coconono posted:

I bought it day one and it really wasn't much of a game. Then they issued a few mechanics patches and it suddenly got fun.

Yeah, the gameplay has been polished up to be much more decent. The real problem is there still isn't that much to do in the game. The career mode is super-repetitive, the create-a-fighter is too thin to have any real fun with and there's no ladder/title/etc. modes, so it's basically just "well, do you want to play career mode again or go online?"

Still, if you like punching people, worth the discounted price.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, the gameplay has been polished up to be much more decent. The real problem is there still isn't that much to do in the game. The career mode is super-repetitive, the create-a-fighter is too thin to have any real fun with and there's no ladder/title/etc. modes, so it's basically just "well, do you want to play career mode again or go online?"

Still, if you like punching people, worth the discounted price.

Its great fun with friends. The controls are right enough that my super mashy friends can hold their own evenly against super fighting game nerds.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

New PCC coming up.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Genericide posted:

New PCC coming up.

Awesome, this is the kind of thing I wanted from PCC. Of course I'll never get the cards but it's nice to know they exist.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

simosimo posted:

Pretty much maxed!

No clue then. I don't want to say its a quirk in your stats since it sounds you've got everything been optimized. Might be 2k being 2k.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

simosimo posted:

I think the ground grapple thing might have something to do with the changes that they made to the system such that animations don't overlap - that is, if you hit a move and the opponent writhes around in pain, your dude will wait in an anticipatory pose for the animation to finish before starting their ground grapple. No reason why the move just wouldn't fire at all, though. Maybe you're inadvertently canceling them? Could be a bug. Standing grapple sounds like a bigger issue, the only thing I can think of is maybe you're going for a strong grapple, which can easily be coopted if your opponent isn't heavily damaged or groggy. Are you tapping the grapple button or pressing it down?

Beyond that, I think you basically need grapple speed at least 75 to match up with most guys. But you could be running up against some sort of glitch.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Genericide posted:

New PCC coming up.

Why does Sting have more power than Hogan? And why does Rusev have more speed than Ziggler?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jubs posted:

Why does Sting have more power than Hogan?

Because Sting is more powerful than Hulkamania

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
It seems like one of these cards is always so much better than the others. They should at least try to pair it up so one beats the other in 2 stats each time.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
In 2k15 I simmed to the royal rumble because I like to start there.

And the intercontinental title match was taker vs Darren Young. What happened in that time I simmed :stare:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

simosimo posted:

And the intercontinental title match was taker vs Darren Young. What happened in that time I simmed :stare:

Who won?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

:stare:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

I love how every time they change something in this game it's not to make it more fun to play, but make grinding for cards take longer.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

OctoberCountry posted:

I love how every time they change something in this game it's not to make it more fun to play, but make grinding for cards take longer.

Look, someone has to buy the drat 25 dollar card packs

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Are they trying to make War Games or a Royal Rumble or something?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Taker with a scoop slam

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The Bee posted:

Are they trying to make War Games or a Royal Rumble or something?

Sounds like a rumble, yeah. It's getting to be the right time for it, too.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

simosimo posted:

Staph infection.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

I hope this new mode is being rolled out in 6 months or something... sure would have been nice to know this before I fed all my UR Pros away!

Also they better raise the total amount of cards you can have:argh:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

triplexpac posted:

I hope this new mode is being rolled out in 6 months or something... sure would have been nice to know this before I fed all my UR Pros away!

Also they better raise the total amount of cards you can have:argh:

They already did, up to 110.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

simosimo posted:

It sucks that because of their half-adherence to kayfabe (everyone is their character and matches are shoots but smark terms are bandied about a lot) you don't actually get a lot of coherent booking out of official game RNGs. In my 2k14 game, Taker had 0 momentum and jobbed consistently to 3MB. In my 2k15 career mode, the state of WWE's 2021 booking is so dire that my wrestling demigod is in a fatal four way with Titus, Fandago and the Miz to determine the #1 contender for the WM main event title match. Apparently the jobbers have mutinied.

I know you're thinking "what about the Rumble winner?" but special matches of any kind are exceedingly rare in the mode and the story takes place in parralel to its universe sim, not inside it, which is confusing. I beat Cena in a non-title match at my WM debut and then he went on to win the gold later that evening in another match.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I have not even been in the Royal Rumble or Money in the Bank Briefcase match yet my character always has a singles match at PPV's.

I had a cool moment when Kane came out the ring and beat my character before the match started only for me to smash his face in with chairs (no DQ) and decimate him.

But apart from that I've not had the chance to join either the Authority or the Wyatts despite being full Heel.

I just purposely lost to CM Punk for the heavyweight champion belt due to knowing what happens when you win it.

Gonna give it another cycle and if I get another shot just win it and try the other modes :|

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
FYI Erick Rowan won the Royal Rumble.

After a defiant fight against last man, Randy Orton. After multiple attempts by Orton to eliminate him, Rowan boots orton after his first over-the-rope mini game.

God bless that man.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
God drat. Got to the finals of a Legendary KOTR. I'm up against someone who is 50-0 and has a Survivor Pro Diva already.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Looking back on it, a lot of people seemed to be outraged that Career mode in 2K15 is too short. That's bullshit. I'm only halfway through the Smackdown tier and I am basically sick of it. I've probably put 10 hours into it.

The mode should be renamed "Dolph Ziggler's Career" mode because that's what it is. Wrestle John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Randy Orton over and over and over and over and over and over and get loving nowhere, even if you beat them. I don't know what happens when you get to Raw but this is a bit ridiculous.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 1, 2014

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
People are calling it short because it basically ends once you get the title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Daniel Bryan posted:

Looking back on it, a lot of people seemed to be outraged that Career mode in 2K15 is too short. That's bullshit. I'm only halfway through the Smackdown tier and I am basically sick of it. I've probably put 10 hours into it.

The mode should be renamed "Dolph Ziggler's Career" mode because that's what it is. Wrestle John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Randy Orton over and over and over and over and over and over and get loving nowhere, even if you beat them. I don't know what happens when you get to Raw but this is a bit ridiculous.

From what I understand this mode is not on lastgen systems at all which has turned out to not be a big deal.