Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's winning this loving thing?
This poll is closed.
(W1) Seattle Sounders 31 22.63%
(W2) Los Angeles Galaxy 13 9.49%
(W3) Real Salt Lake 1 0.73%
(W4) FC Dallas 4 2.92%
(W5) Vancouver Whitecaps 4 2.92%
(E1) DC United 16 11.68%
(E2) New England Revolution 27 19.71%
(E3) Columbus Crew 11 8.03%
(E4) Red Bull New York 5 3.65%
(E5) Sporting Kansas City 0 0%
(C1) Calvinball 25 18.25%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I was wondering how they deal with like twice that number for Pats games, but I guess people just give a lot more time. I was like three miles from route 1 at about 2:10 and was in my seat in the 25th minute. Woof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Mike Toole posted:

Cahill was the only player keeping your team in the game today. He stayed strong to put in the first goal, and dragged in two defenders to challenge for a header, giving Luyindula space to collect the ball and score the second.

He also had an amazing repeat of his World Cup volley, only it went about 30 feet over the bar. Anyway, I don't think he's that bad. He's gonna go to the A-League, though.

lovely-rear end cold day offset by hot food at the tailgate, a rocking stadium, and a good result. RBNY fans were in good voice, too-- looked like they sent up almost as many as we sent to Harrison.

Oh, and I hear that Garber hosed up the playoffs structure even worse. Why can't we just have eight loving teams :mad:

you saw him play one of his few good games this season. he has no real place in the team, we dont need a cm who cant pass or a striker who in large part cant score. he might not be a total waste but he definitely isnt worth the money

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fat greasy puto posted:

you saw him play one of his few good games this season. he has no real place in the team, we dont need a cm who cant pass or a striker who in large part cant score. he might not be a total waste but he definitely isnt worth the money

Yah, that was like his third goal this year or something, and red bulls are shelling out big bucks to bench him for most games. He was much better last year, looking forward to what they do with the roster

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Henry also was Real Good.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!
Yeah, Henry was a goddamn joy to watch, the turf didn't appear to affect his game at all. I got really nervous late on, when he was obliged to push up the field-- I'd rather him dish up deadly crosses and forward passes to a pack of shitheads than make those runs himself.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Mike Toole posted:

Yeah, Henry was a goddamn joy to watch, the turf didn't appear to affect his game at all. I got really nervous late on, when he was obliged to push up the field-- I'd rather him dish up deadly crosses and forward passes to a pack of shitheads than make those runs himself.

All of his set pieces made me nervous, even the corners. I'm glad I got to see him play at least once more.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

whypick1 posted:

The Vikings and the Bills are both 0-4 in the Super Bowl. Next would be the Blues and Canucks at 0-3 for the Stanley Cup.

If you want to toss in woman's sports, the New York Liberty have also gone 0-4 in the WNBA championship.

Whoosh.

But seriously, New England and the Galaxy gonna make it five.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Well I guess I'm a revs fan now

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
henry really put the team on his back in this playoff run and its gonna be hard to see him go, especially since years of misery will likely follow unless we can figure out a way to land pirlo or something

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

fat greasy puto posted:

henry really put the team on his back in this playoff run and its gonna be hard to see him go, especially since years of misery will likely follow unless we can figure out a way to land pirlo or something

no amount of austrian beverage bux in the world is going to convince anyone famous to live in new jersey with NYCFC in the league

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Your Weird Uncle posted:

no amount of austrian beverage bux in the world is going to convince anyone famous to live in new jersey with NYCFC in the league

I'm gonna blow your mind here for a second. Were you aware that tons of rich athletes who play for new york sports franchises live in North Jersey because they can live in crazy private mansions instead of midsized apartments in Manhattan? Hard to believe I know.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Are these games on ESPN Radio? I'm going to be driving tonight but I'd like to listen to it.

MagnifiedX
Jan 31, 2003
Atom Splitting Retard
RE: Traffic Problems - Honestly, bring out the grills, cook some food, chat with the neighbors your parked with, and wait for traffic to drop down some before leaving. There's a reason we're allowed to tailgate after all games at Gillette (Patriots and Revs both).

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

MagnifiedX posted:

RE: Traffic Problems - Honestly, bring out the grills, cook some food, chat with the neighbors your parked with, and wait for traffic to drop down some before leaving. There's a reason we're allowed to tailgate after all games at Gillette (Patriots and Revs both).

Well, putting aside your sentiment, which only works well if you have food, beer, a grill, and no other complications (such as cranky kids), last night was a bit more extreme than usual. You had people who were accustomed to 20-30min waits to get out having to wait for over an hour before they even made it out to route 1.

I don't mind tailgating culture-- hell, I brought my grill yesterday, and we usually arrive early and have snacks and drinks for the convenience-- but once the team moves into Boston proper, I doubt I'll miss it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

be nice wicka posted:

Are these games on ESPN Radio? I'm going to be driving tonight but I'd like to listen to it.

It's on SiriusXM FC.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Wonder how many $5.00 lattes Starbucks is going to sell at the Clink; it's freezing outside! With a wind!

(I'm not going; I'm at home with some literature, a stew cooking, the Sounders on a stream, and admiring my awesome wooden spoon. Couch Ultra time.)

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Go Sounders!

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

And now, a semifinal on carpet.

Where you can still see the gridiron.

Ruin this town, Galaxy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Sir Unimaginative posted:

And now, a semifinal on carpet.

Where you can still see the gridiron.

Ruin this town, Galaxy.

The other semifinal was on carpet too. The football lines weren't there, though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Dear Sounders,

Complete a pass. kthxbye

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

What the gently caress just happened.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O
OOOOOOOOOOL!

I love you, Brad Evans!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Well that's a MLS goal

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ugly loving goal, don't give a poo poo :woop: :woop:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

assumed it was disallowed since the ref immediately started blowing his whistle and pointing to the other end of the pitch.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

the escape goat posted:

assumed it was disallowed since the ref immediately started blowing his whistle and pointing to the other end of the pitch.

That means goal normally.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oba and Deuce connecting finally. Me likey.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

That was the most MLS Goal possible.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

LionYeti posted:

That was the most MLS Goal possible.

Speaking of which, I am eagerly awaiting the A-League bloopers reel.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
lol @ these garbage goals

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

And another MLS goal. What the gently caress was that keeper doing leaving his five hole open

Edit: no five hole, just unfortunate.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Ugh.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
shades of dempsey vs england right there

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Penedoh!

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Sorry for shrieking, neighbors!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Qu Appelle posted:

Sorry for shrieking, neighbors!

Ditto, except not sorry.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
loving garbage goals, Penedo got paid off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

ShutteredIn posted:

loving garbage goals, Penedo got paid off

Considering the normal wage for mls, I would throw the game too.

• Locked thread