Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Aphrodite posted:

I know this is a typo but a Lying Car would still be great.

it crashes if you lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Krad posted:

Captain Cold did pretty okay despite being a regular human. Your chances of not ending up dead against The Flash are probably higher if you're not a meta anyway.

Your chances of getting shanked by Wells, however...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hollismason posted:

I'm just waiting on them introducing the speed force and Flash making clothes out of go fast.

Oh good, let's drag that loving stupid bullshit out of BSS. That's a great loving idea.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Oh good, let's drag that loving stupid bullshit out of BSS. That's a great loving idea.

Speed Force is already here, it's too late!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PaganGoatPants posted:

Speed Force is already here, it's too late!

GoesFast.txt was bannable for a loving reason.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Someone should tell the writers of The Flash, in that case.

I'd hate for them to get banned. :ohdear:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe stop making a big whiny deal about it every time and it'll just fly under the radar.

Also just things in general.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

mcbexx posted:

People have HDTVs now. Please make up real copytext for newspaper closeups instead of nonsensical gibberish. Thank you. :rolleyes:

Flash Missing Vanishes In Crisis
By Evan Gibbon
Thursday 25, 2024

A deadly game that played out at the main transit point at a secret location this month, with one landing near to where experts overseeing the total destruction of the toxic stockpile were staying, sources said on Tuesday night. One rocket strike on the cities port town Central City landed about 500 yards from the hotel used by the joint mission of the organizers the sources told the paper on conditions of anonymity. The observatory said it was the first attack by insurgents on the area held by anti-government forces. "It was a bit too close for comfort," The Flash said to reporters, "It was similar to earlier incidents in Starling City, which were also diverted." The Flash said three rockets hit the city of almost killing a taxi driver and wounding six others were among the scene. Luckily, and deadly crisis was averted. The Flash also unlikely that Central City which wields veto powers on with the security council and is cities closest political ally would back sanctions against terror. The Flash said three rockets hit the city of almost killing a taxi driver and wounding six others were among the scene. The Flash also unlikely that Central City which wields veto powers on with the security council and is cities The Flash said three rockets hit the city of almost killing a taxi driver and wounding six others were among the scene closest political ally would back sanctions against terror. The deal averted the Central City threat by The Flash that nearl killed hundreds of people in the outskirts of the city. The last progress report issued by the joint mission said leaders had sent six shipments, totaling about 35 percent of the total stock piled by the joint mission said leaders had sent six shipments. Last week, they missed the target to destroy a dozen hangars and underground production facilities. It will also likely not meet this month's deadline to neutralize all chemicals overseas, the sources said. The cost of the operation has run into the hundreds of millions of dollars. The longer it takes, the more expensive it becomes for the international community, which is footing the bill. In addition to a long list of financial.

-------------------------------------------------

Wayne Tech/Queen Inc Merger Complete

One of the many ways that radiation causes illness is by damaging our DNA. A university team wanted to find out whether they could breed the common bacteria E. coli to be more resistant to radiation damage. So they took a group of E. coli, bombarded it (cut off)

Our bodies repair DNA in many of the same ways that bacteria does. So this study sheds light on ways that human cells could one day repair rad (cut off) are actively repairing (cut off) wake of radiation damage (cut off)

-------------------------------------------------

Red Skies Vanish

There it is in all it's terrible messed up glory. Even the spelling mistake is in tact.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Someone should tell the writers of The Flash, in that case.

I'd hate for them to get banned. :ohdear:

The "punchline" of that stupid text is "pants made out of goes fast." I highly doubt the writers are going that way as it's one of the dumbest things to ever crop up in a Flash comic and I'm including his stupid kids.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

The "punchline" of that stupid text is "pants made out of goes fast." I highly doubt the writers are going that way as it's one of the dumbest things to ever crop up in a Flash comic and I'm including his stupid kids.

You're going to die of a rage-induced embolism when exactly that happens.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

GoesFast.txt was bannable for a loving reason.

Yeah, gonna have to tell that story now dude.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The story is sometimes when a joke is run into the ground mods overreact.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All I know is that I want Gorilla Grodd to get here sooner rather than later. I was so stoked when I saw his cage in the first episode, and then the flashback to Wells telling Grodd he had other plans in store for him.

Give me my monkey!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Actually, a gorilla is a mammal, not a fish.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Keep GoesFast the hell out of this thread.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I found a forum the other day that's sole purpose is to complain about this forum. The mod complaint forum is hilarious,

Deadpool, give us a mod approved gist please.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

Keep GoesFast the hell out of this thread.

I've always loved you.

Rocksicles posted:

Yeah, gonna have to tell that story now dude.

There's no story. It was a stupid paragraph of text that was posted in a thread I started like 10 loving years ago and it got reposted every time the Flash came up to the point which it was a bannable offense. Thankfully DP agrees that's its loving retarded.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Hey guys this show is great because it embraces all the silly superhero poo poo that the Flash should except the Speed Force, gently caress that poo poo

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

I found a forum the other day that's sole purpose is to complain about this forum. The mod complaint forum is hilarious,

Deadpool, give us a mod approved gist please.

If you're curious then Google: Flash Goes Fast

It's the first link. Do not share with the class.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

WarLocke posted:

Hey guys this show is great because it embraces all the silly superhero poo poo that the Flash should except the Speed Force, gently caress that poo poo

Nah, the Speed Force is GREAT! It has all that cool stuff about reaching ultimate power but needing true human anchors to survive it. It's perfect to eventually get into it in the show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deadpool posted:

If you're curious then Google: Flash Goes Fast

It's the first link. Do not share with the class.

Read it. Meth is a hell of a drug.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Yannick_B posted:

Nah, the Speed Force is GREAT! It has all that cool stuff about reaching ultimate power but needing true human anchors to survive it. It's perfect to eventually get into it in the show.

I guess I forgot the sarcasm tags

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
It is just a Wikipedia article. But if you don't see the similarities here. Well...

The "Return of Barry Allen" storyline in The Flash (vol. 2) #74-79 reveals that Thawne started out as a fan of The Flash living in the 25th century and became desperate to meet him. After gaining super-speed by replicating the electrochemical bath that gave Barry Allen his powers, losing years of his life in the process - even undergoing surgery to make himself look like Barry - he traveled backward in time using the Cosmic Treadmill to meet his hero. Thawne became mentally unstable upon arriving several years after Barry's death- the Treadmill having broken down over the centuries- and discovering from the Flash Museum that he is destined to become Reverse Flash and die at the hands of his idol, resulting in his mind - already disoriented by the stress of time travel- seeking escape by convincing himself that he is Barry Allen. However, his true identity is eventually revealed due to his more violent nature, "Barry" attacking Central City in revenge for "forgetting him," until he is ultimately defeated by the Flash family and sent back to the future, his memory wiped of the incident due to the trauma of the time-travel and the beating he had received at the hands of Wally West.

He later became a criminal known as "The Professor," who found a time capsule containing the Silver Age Flash's costume. He was able to use a machine to amplify the suit's speed energy, giving himself the abilities of the Flash as long as he wore it. In the process, Thawne reversed the colors of the costume, the suit becoming yellow, the boots and lightning bolt highlights red, and the chest symbol's white circle becoming black. Taking the new name "Professor Zoom", Thawne used his speed powers to commit crimes, but was stopped by the Flash, who had travelled forward in time to witness the time capsule being opened because it also contained an atomic clock which threatened to explode like an atomic bomb due to the process with which it had been sent into the Future. The Flash, assuming his counterpart might know where the clock was, pursued Professor Zoom. After a destructive battle, the villain was finally defeated when he boasted how he used a chemical coating to protect himself from air friction. Betting that the invisible aura around his body would be superior protection, the Flash seized Thawne and began to push him forward so fast that the intense air friction overwhelmed the coating and the resulting burns forced him to surrender. It proved a waste of time, as Thawne knew nothing about the clock and the Flash was just barely able to find and remove it to an isolated area before it exploded. He also destroyed the costume to prevent such use again.[3]

Blaming the Flash for his defeat, Thawne began traveling back in time to gain revenge, using his knowledge of history to his advantage. In his second appearance he hypnotized Doctor Alchemy, who was trying to go straight, into helping him. He also became obsessed with "replacing" Barry Allen, not only as the Flash, but as the husband of Iris West. After Iris finally made it clear that this would never happen (actually the second time she had insisted this, Thawne having erased her memory of the first time), Thawne (apparently) kills her at a party, vibrating his hand into her head. It took a long time for Allen to get his life back together after this. Shortly after he had found love again, Zoom reappeared, threatening to kill his new fiancee on Allen's second wedding day. Terrified that history would repeat itself, Allen instinctively and inadvertently kills his enemy, breaking Thawne's neck in a final struggle.[4] After he was found not guilty of murder in the subsequent trial, despite the fact that Wally West (the then-Kid Flash and future Flash) testified that Barry could have stopped Thawne without killing him, Barry went to the 30th century to retire and live with the resurrected Iris, as it was revealed she was really an inhabitant of that era sent back for protection and that her mind had been taken from the moment before death, only to later die during the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WarLocke posted:

I said nothing about the speed force being stupid, it's the GoesFast.txt paragraph that is stupid.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's not a paragraph, it's a wall of text.

Flash has armour in Injustice. Always cracks me up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

it's not a paragraph, it's a wall of text.

Flash has armour in Injustice. Always cracks me up.

He has armor in the New 52 that collapses and stores n his ring.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Those last two sentences of that spoiler are what make comic books comic books. :allears:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

He has armor in the New 52 that collapses and stores n his ring.

Stopped reading New52 Flash ages ago, don't even remember is costume.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I actually had forgotten that until you brought it up and then was like "Oh yeah.. that is from the Goes Fast".

So really you brought it up yourself and I wasn't going to post it.

Also sticking to my guns and saying that Eddie is The Reverse Flash

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 30, 2014

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Hollismason posted:

I actually had forgotten that until you brought it up and then was like "Oh yeah.. that is from the Goes Fast".

So really you brought it up yourself and I wasn't going to post it.

Also sticking to my guns and saying that Eddie is The Reverse Flash

I would kind of hate that, because up to this point there pretty much has been zero implication that he's anything but genuine, except fot his name. You might as well have it be the chief

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah but it'd be just a hell of a curveball and just great over all. To have him be a mash up of a few of the Reverse Flashes

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I would kind of hate that, because up to this point there pretty much has been zero implication that he's anything but genuine, except fot his name. You might as well have it be the chief

It seems against the grain for this show and Arrow for that matter, to use the name of a fairly massive character (for Flash) and it be a fake out. If he's not Zoom then it's kinda pointless.

I still think Wells and Thawne are both Reverse Flash from different times.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Wells is secretly Jay Garrick.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
From the future... :timeywimey:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Wells is super fast because he is good at math. He has a daughter named Jesse.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Actually my theory is that Wells gives Eddie speed powers after Iris rejects Eddie because she is in love with The Flash so in order to win back Iris Wells offers him the job of being The Flash, because he doesn't think Barry can cut it but it drives him insane and he attacks the Flash.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rocksicles posted:

It seems against the grain for this show and Arrow for that matter, to use the name of a fairly massive character (for Flash) and it be a fake out. If he's not Zoom then it's kinda pointless.

Yeah, about that...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hollismason posted:

Actually my theory is that Wells gives Eddie speed powers after Iris rejects Eddie because she is in love with The Flash so in order to win back Iris Wells offers him the job of being The Flash, because he doesn't think Barry can cut it but it drives him insane and he attacks the Flash.

Nope, your theory is wrong.

They are not going to do a story where a good guy who is in love with the same woman as the hero gets an injection from an amoral scientist that gives him a super power but also makes him crazy and turns him into the hero's nemesis.

I bet when you see it phrased like that you can figure out why

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senerio posted:

Yeah, about that...

Not the same. Merlyn was still Merlyn. The show just had 2 people with that name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

boom boom boom posted:

Nope, your theory is wrong.

They are not going to do a story where a good guy who is in love with the same woman as the hero gets an injection from an amoral scientist that gives him a super power but also makes him crazy and turns him into the hero's nemesis.

I bet when you see it phrased like that you can figure out why

Aside from the idea being incredibly dumb, you make it seem as though there is a story like that already somewhere. What story is it? Or am I misreading you?

• Locked thread