Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I love the originals, but I am almost positive these are going to be absolute poo poo, just like the prequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

zombie303 posted:

I love the originals, but I am almost positive these are going to be absolute poo poo, just like the prequels.

If they are, it will at least be a different flavor. No more talking heads in front of green screens.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Shut about about Space Trek in the current events thread.

It happened a long long ago in a galaxy far far away :rolleye:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What's going on in Afghanistan these days?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Who cares?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Business as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EItfE-3zVdU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

What'r they doing with the goat?

THEY'RE GONNA gently caress THE GOAT?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm sure the operator was furiously masturbating.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Lots of raids. Thats about it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Is it a western-style liberal democracy yet?

How about now?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
^^Have you prayed hard enough to the COIN gods?

New Afghan president decided that we could do night raids again. Haven't seen much else in the news.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
People stopped giving a poo poo about Afghanistan, again. Iraq is the new hotness, again.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

People stopped giving a poo poo about Afghanistan, again. Iraq is the new hotness, again.

i remember the days when if you had done an afghan deployment you werent poo poo cuz nothing was popping off in that shithole back then

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Mike-o posted:

About time. I needed some more of that sweet, sweet contractor blood money :getin:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeroisanumber posted:

^^Have you prayed hard enough to the COIN gods?

New Afghan president decided that we could do night raids again. Haven't seen much else in the news.

So when are we catering weddings again?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Has anyone told the chinese that they aren't a real superpower until they've invaded Afghanistan? Alexander went there, the mongols, the british had the Great Game at the very least. Don't think the romans got that far though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Romans had Gaul and Britain. I'd call that equivalent given the level of civilization in those areas at the time.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

The Romans never could quite finish off the tribes in Britain, as well.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Syncopated posted:

Has anyone told the chinese that they aren't a real superpower until they've invaded Afghanistan? Alexander went there, the mongols, the british had the Great Game at the very least. Don't think the romans got that far though.

The British were massacred the last time they invaded Afghanistan unilaterally.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

All I know about Great Britain in Afghanistan I got from the Man who would be king with Sean Connery and Michael Caine where they alone conquer a tribe with martini-henry rifles and claiming to be the foretold descendant of Alexander.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

The Romans never could quite finish off the tribes in Britain, as well.

At least the Romans killed every last druid dooming their lovely culture to the poo poo heap of history even if they couldn't quite finish the job completely

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Bolow posted:

At least the Romans killed every last druid dooming their lovely culture to the poo poo heap of history even if they couldn't quite finish the job completely

The Romans balled so hard.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
The Romans owned England pretty solidly, for about 300 years; more like 450 if you count footholds. They didn't bother putting much effort into Scotland though. One emperor wanted it & traveled to lead the invasion himself (Septimius Severus) but was old, sick, and died after a brutal first attempt. His sons were too busy vying for power to get the campaign going again. Rome owned England until it began drawing back its borders due to the political clusterfuck that made management virtually impossible and the threat of invasion elsewhere.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah the Romans basically said gently caress it and built a wall to keep the wildlings Picts out.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah the Romans basically said gently caress it and built a wall to keep the wildlings Picts out.

So did building a wall keep the lessers out?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Syncopated posted:

All I know about Great Britain in Afghanistan I got from the Man who would be king with Sean Connery and Michael Caine where they alone conquer a tribe with martini-henry rifles and claiming to be the foretold descendant of Alexander.

If anyone hasn't seen that movie, they should. Easily one of the best buddy-adventure movies ever.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Helldump Immunity. posted:

About time. I needed some more of that sweet, sweet contractor blood money :getin:

gently caress I need to get off my rear end, get back into shape and soak that poo poo up. Im sure some company would want a radio operator that had a golden touch. Couldn't hike worth a poo poo but I'm sure I could learn for the right price.

I wonder, could you soak up those sweet sweet welfare dollars and do a security deployment?

Someone already posted the streamer from Ferguson getting his phone stolen. What I find even more funny is that he blames the police for stealing it.
http://imgur.com/zWlTBCf

Hows the whole ISIS thing going now that the news has shifted to civil disobedience? A co worker was talking about how two of his buddies are going over to help the kerds and their getting paid poo poo loads of money. I'm just hoping they talked to the right people and dont end up getting their heads cut off :(

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

DAS Super! posted:

So did building a wall keep the lessers out?

Worked better than the Chinese version. The Romans also kept up what could loosely be termed "diplomatic relations" with the tribes beyond the wall, though. Negotiations and bribery, the usual poo poo.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Zeroisanumber posted:

If anyone hasn't seen that movie, they should. Easily one of the best buddy-adventure movies ever.

Looked it up on IMDb. Looks sicknasty. Mr Caine's character is called Peachy Carnahan. I'm down.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

Looked it up on IMDb. Looks sicknasty. Mr Caine's character is called Peachy Carnahan. I'm down.

billy fish loving rules

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Darren Wilson has resigned from the Ferguson PD.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/29/us/ferguson-protests/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
I'd love to see his resume.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Gonna get himself a book deal and on that speaking circuit. Sure only a specific sect of the population will want to hear from him, but they'll be pretty enthusiastic to meet the man himself methinks

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZiegNiE6f0

This seems kinda.. uh.. damning.

I mean I realize it's within the realm of possibility for someone to gently caress up without it being malicious but drat, really?

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

...there's a new Afghan president?

He any good? hahaha

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

He's already received ~$1,000,000 from this. Would you stay in that shithole?

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'

Accretionist posted:

He's already received ~$1,000,000 from this. Would you stay in that shithole?

A million bucks for being a stupid gently caress with a gun?
One million US dollars... For being a stupid gently caress... With a gun.
This is the worst species.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Lotron posted:

One million US dollars... For being a stupid gently caress... killing a black kid

Lotron posted:

This is the worst species.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Victor Vermis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZiegNiE6f0

This seems kinda.. uh.. damning.

I mean I realize it's within the realm of possibility for someone to gently caress up without it being malicious but drat, really?

That seems a little beyond the amount of *wink, wink* you're allowed to give the jury before sequestering them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That seems a little beyond the amount of *wink, wink* you're allowed to give the jury before sequestering them.

It probably didn't matter in this case because the physical evidence didn't suggest he was shot while fleeing. HOWEVER...a. why the hell hasn't Missouri updated it's criminal code since...you know...1985. b. Every borderline competent first year law student knows about Tennessee v. Garner...why did she not know the statute was unconstitutional AT THE TIME SHE HANDED IT OUT? c. why are they handing out statutes at all? Doesn't Missouri have stock jury instructions that (presumably) include all relevant case law developments?

All valid questions. My take on Ferguson is it was probably the right end result in this particular case, but it's revealed a lot of issues with their system that don't have me confident the right result will be reached the next time.

• Locked thread