Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Please don't lifeshame, Cobiwann :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh sweet, I can finally grab season 3 and 4, listen to those and then FINALLY listen to Dark Eyes.

Haha, some poor people have ONLY watched 372 hours of Doctor Who? :laugh:

Oh my God what have I become.... :smith:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

It feels like Smith was hardly there, but I guess that's above average.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Bicyclops posted:

Please don't lifeshame, Cobiwann :(

Try adding in Big Finish audio time and then compare your life choices to mine. :tipshat:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You can do Other Things while listening to Big Finish, though. That's how I've listened to SO GODDAMN MUCH OF IT.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Other Things

Like helping to create time lord society and then jumping into a loom? :v:

sunsweet
Nov 13, 2012

"Lana look," Rusev pointed out to the screen, "Pinkie Pie just scared Twilight Sparkle shitless! I love America and shit they put on TV!"

thexerox123 posted:

For the first two Doctors, is that extant episodes, or including the missing ones?

Excluding missing episodes would explain the discrepancy in time between 1 and 2, certainly, though I wonder if this was put together before The Enemy of the World was found last year.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

thexerox123 posted:

Like helping to create time lord society and then jumping into a loom? :v:

:mad:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Hell yeah Tom Baker gets the sex number :fap:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

2house2fly posted:

Hell yeah Tom Baker gets the sex number :fap:

He got that when he drunkenly stumbled into the wrong phonebox one night.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jerusalem posted:

He got that when he drunkenly stumbled into the wrong phonebox one night.

"Tom's putting it in now."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DoctorWhat posted:

You can do Other Things while listening to Big Finish, though. That's how I've listened to SO GODDAMN MUCH OF IT.

My job is so mind blindingly boring, that's how I've listened to so much Big Finish. Not just every single Who story since 1999, but most of their other stuff as well.

Except Benny. Because gently caress Benny.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

Big Finish: making everyone's morning commute more bearable since the turn of the millenium.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
If it weren't for Big Finish, I'd have a hard time getting any narrative media at all with my schedule. And if you're doing a really good one, suddenly you find out that you've done the dishes and the laundry, swept up, cleaned out the cat box and hadn't noticed you were doing any of it.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Occupation, in the Good Thread posted:

If I were to guess, Smith is gonna be a more mature, subtle Doctor than Tennant
I swear to god he's trolling us sometimes

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I just recieved some VERY STRANGE anonymous messages on my Tumblr. Here they are:

quote:

Since the Great One has moved on, his countenance shining back and forth upon America and Cymru now, and usurped by the Caledonian Moff, it seems the perfect time to collect together the knowledge of his great works and write a splendid epic of his great struggles and works.

quote:

Some may argue that Pope has done our job for us (click here), but I say that no less than ten books of praise to His Munificence are necessary to adequately describe his great ascent into glory.

quote:

Book I should, I feel, obviously being with the Fall of Who, and Russelon's noble escape, carrying Ian Levine on his shoulders. We shall then chart the mighty struggles and travails of Russelon's great journey, the building of his retinue (Book IV shall deal extensively with the Romance of Orman and Bumlius), before the foundation of the New Who at Animalkwackium.

quote:

This follows the defeat and peacemaking with the tribe of the Tiveii in Book XII (after the lengthy corridor-running sequence of Book X, which also contains the discussion in the halls of Broadcasting House Omnipotent between Gradius, the Father of Gods and King of Men, and his wife Heggesso and daughter Trantera.)

quote:

Of Smarms and the Hack I sing,who first from the coasts of Cardiff,exiled by "Mine All Mine",came to England and London shores;much buffeted on sea and land by violence from upset"Bob and Rose" viewers,through cruel Miles' unforgiving wrath, and much enduring in war also,till he should build a travesty and bring his gods to DWM; whence came theToady race, the lords of OG, and the lofty walls of SFX.

... what the actual christ???

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorWhat posted:

Excerpts from the forthcoming second edition of Russell T Davies's The Writer's Tale, in the style of Amanda McKittrick Ros.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

Toxx is reaching out to you for collaboration on a book project!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Toxx is reaching out to you for collaboration on a book project!

No joke, since they seem to have arrived just after Toxx finished End of Time Pt. 2, I wouldn't be surprised if there WAS a connection.

Still, WEIRD AS HELL.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Soothing Vapors posted:

Well, sometimes he seems more mature. Or at least seems older. He does a really good grandpa impression for a man his age.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I get this feeling he's not going to like Moffat's run as much.

It's a strange feeling, but it's one regardless. Mind he won't have the bullshit time gaps to deal with.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Sounds like a Doctor suffering mid-regeneration trauma. Get DoctorWhat to a Zero Room, quick!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Soothing Vapors posted:

It's arguably true though!?!

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

CobiWann posted:

Sounds like a Doctor suffering mid-regeneration trauma. Get DoctorWhat to a Zero Room, quick!

Does this mean DoctorWhat is going to trade in his coat and become a Seventh Doctor cosplayer?

There are worse ways to go, DoctorWhat. You could have bumped your head on your TARDIS console!

Lipset and Rock On
Jan 18, 2009

Burkion posted:

I get this feeling he's not going to like Moffat's run as much.

It's a strange feeling, but it's one regardless. Mind he won't have the bullshit time gaps to deal with.

I think he'll probably join the broad consensus in liking season 5, especially Amy's Choice, Vincent and the Doctor and the Beast Below.

Likewise I imagine him liking season six and seven much less, though I have a weird inkling that he might go against the fan consensus and like Let's Kill Hitler because of how very very dumb it is.

But maybe that's because I like Let's Kill Hitler because of how very very dumb it is.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I mean, I did get that official Seven sweater basically as SOON as it went on sale.

But wow, I'm seriously baffled by those anon messages. Who sent them? What do they mean? Is it a Watcher? A Valeyard? Tom Baker playing himself in the 50th Anniversary special from November 17, 2061?

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Was the (click here) in the second quote active? If so, where did it direct you?

Possible clue in second quote - can anyone name a book about the Roman Empire written by someone named Pope? (Google wants me to learn all about various heads of the Catholic church, doesn't help.)

Filox fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 30, 2014

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

DoctorWhat posted:

I mean, I did get that official Seven sweater basically as SOON as it went on sale.

But wow, I'm seriously baffled by those anon messages. Who sent them? What do they mean? Is it a Watcher? A Valeyard? Tom Baker playing himself in the 50th Anniversary special from November 17, 2061?

Could be one of those nonsense-spewing spambots. Ask them "How many beans make 5?"

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 30, 2014

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Pwnstar posted:

It's arguably true though!?!

Fair enough. Subtle is not the word I think of when I think of Matt Smith, but i suppose compared to Tennant a sledgehammer to the face would be subtler

vvv nah

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 30, 2014

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

Hey, man, if that one's the good thread, then just post there. :)

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Filox posted:

Was the (click here) in the second quote active? If so, where did it direct you?

Possible clue in second quote - can anyone name a book about the Roman Empire written by someone named Pope? (Google wants me to learn all about various heads of the Catholic church, doesn't help.)

Nope. Clicks don't work in Tumblr asks. So either it was copy-pasted from something that WOULD allow links, or it's part of the doom house mystique, which I already have in spades.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Or it could be part of your Secret Santa..:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Metal Loaf posted:

Excerpts from the forthcoming second edition of Russell T Davies's The Writer's Tale, in the style of Amanda McKittrick Ros.

I was going to say Gibbon...

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

...Tom, have you been at the pub?

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

CobiWann posted:

Or it could be part of your Secret Santa..:

DoctorWhat and the Prattling Poster. Great new mystery episode?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoctorWhat posted:

It's young Tom Baker muttering to himself while on the phone in that Little Caesar's commercial.

Now you know where it went.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Filox posted:

Alexander Pope?

I quite like that, actually. It seems to be a précis of Dr Who since 2005, written in the style of the Greek Sagas(think the Iliad or Homer's Odyssey, both of which would fit with the Pope reference).

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Elton from Love and Monsters had the last name Pope...

I'm sorta freaking out, tbh. This is some Da Vinci Code-type poo poo.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

DoctorWhat posted:

It turns out the reality of Looms had been encoded in An Unearthly Child all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

DoctorWhat posted:

Elton from Love and Monsters had the last name Pope...

In London Lies A Knight A Pope Interred?

• Locked thread