Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I'm building a new computer and wanted to switch my main HDD to a new SDD and was wondering about the process for doing that. I want to keep my games on my old HDD. Do I just install Steam on my new SDD and somehow tell it that the library is on the old HDD or is there some trick to getting it to work that I should know about?

That should work fine. It'll go through and check that everything is installed properly (either when you tell it the library directory or when you first boot something) but otherwise it should be smooth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Just making sure here before I buy it, because I managed to buy Watch_Dogs for cheap and I wouldn't mind getting more out of it:

Does the season pass come with all of the DLC this game has to offer? It's :10bux: in the Humble Store right now.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Orv posted:

That should work fine. It'll go through and check that everything is installed properly (either when you tell it the library directory or when you first boot something) but otherwise it should be smooth.

Thank you. I heard it was a pain in the past but I guess the past few years they simplified the process.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Morter posted:

Just making sure here before I buy it, because I managed to buy Watch_Dogs for cheap and I wouldn't mind getting more out of it:

Does the season pass come with all of the DLC this game has to offer? It's :10bux: in the Humble Store right now.

Here's a chart to explain all of the DLC:

e: Clearer chart. Basically, you get everything but the white hat pack. So to get everything, you need to get the deluxe edition and the season pass.

marjorie fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 30, 2014

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Anno 1404 also probably holds the title for the chillest game ever made. Set up a scenario with huge islands, lots of resources, no hostile enemies and just chill while you build up your cities.
Some of the nicest npc's even ask you if they can settle other islands, and don't get offended if you refuse!
It's also dang pretty.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

jesus christ ubisoft

Orv
May 4, 2011

marjorie posted:

e: clearer chart

Everything below Additional Content is physical. Yeah, it's hosed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

marjorie posted:

e: Clearer chart. Basically, you get everything but the white hat pack. So to get everything, you need to get the deluxe edition and the season pass.

This chart is almost as terrible as the WoW raid attunement ones.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Solid players tonight. All art is welcome. This is a safe stream:

Ok maybe you will be ridiculed a little.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Papercut posted:

Gauntlet is $9 on Nuuvem right now:
http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/2113-gauntlet

Related, is there an SA group for Gauntlet?

It's $7.50 over at Bundlestars and you don't have to deal with a Brazilian website. http://www.bundlestars.com/store/gauntlet/ and use SUPERNOVA25 at Checkout for 25% off

However, Alien Isolation is $15 at Nuuvem. drat!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ragequit posted:

drawful is so good

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Actually I take it back. There's an even better deal: a Gauntlet 4-Pack on Bundlestar for $22.50 which works out to be about $5.65 per person. Anyone interested?

1 - Myself
2 - Friend
3 - ????
4 - ????

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Ragequit posted:

Yeah, that was my bad attempt at drawing on my iphone. Should have been using the tablet (would have been 6% better).
Wish I could have played the fibbage one - think that's more my bag.

I'll take the last 2:

Xaris posted:

Actually I take it back. There's an even better deal: a Gauntlet 4-Pack on Bundlestar for $22.50 which works out to be about $5.65 per person. Anyone interested?

1 - Xaris
2 - Friend
3 - Kragger
4 - Kragger

EDIT - let Lady Morgaga have those last two. VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Nov 30, 2014

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

Xaris posted:

1 - Myself
2 - Friend
3 - ????
4 - ????

Yeah sure Ill get two.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/LadyMorgaga

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kragger99 posted:

Yeah, that was my bad attempt at drawing on my iphone. Should have been using the tablet (would have been 6% better).
Wish I could have played the fibbage one - think that's more my bag.

I honestly have a harder time drawing on a tablet. The input is not more precise, so your lines are even bigger and it is chaos. I drew a hell of a clue for Gremlins 2 on my Galaxy S5.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I mean I'm using the mouse to draw, and I only have lovely stick figures. So ymmv.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Alright, added you.

Krag, I'm sure you could fill out a 4-pack pretty quickly at that price :)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Xaris posted:

It's $7.50 over at Bundlestars and you don't have to deal with a Brazilian website. http://www.bundlestars.com/store/gauntlet/ and use SUPERNOVA25 at Checkout for 25% off

However, Alien Isolation is $15 at Nuuvem. drat!

i want to get AI at that price but it seems to be region locked for me in the us :(

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Less than $6 is a hell of a price on the new Gauntlet. I should play more of it, so if anyone picks it up be sure to message me on Steam for co-op.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zyla posted:

i want to get AI at that price but it seems to be region locked for me in the us :(

Where do you see that? Nuuvem is usually VERY good about letting you know if it's locked or not. I guess I'll pull the trigger and find out.

God drat this has been an expensive month :(

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Xaris posted:

Where do you see that? Nuuvem is usually VERY good about letting you know if it's locked or not. I guess I'll pull the trigger and find out.

God drat this has been an expensive month :(

i cant add it to my cart in my region it says :(

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dave Angel posted:

Digital Foundry did a big write-up on the Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition comparing it to the original release, and there's a comparison video for the PC versions further down.

I missed Sleeping Dogs chat, but I want to point out that Definitive Edition had a bug where it wasn't rendering the highest-level textures (the ones that were free DLC for the base game) correctly until it was fixed a week after release, which lead a lot of people to believe that Definitive Edition looks worse than the original (when it doesn't.)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zyla posted:

i cant add it to my cart in my region it says :(

Ah, yeah that's not the same thing. Not to poo poo up the thread with Nuuvem buying details. Add me on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/id/celois/

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i think i might be pretty good at drawful

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

That was a fun night (bullshit drawful phrases notwithstanding). Thank you to Rookersh for hosting!

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

corn in the bible posted:

i think i might be pretty good at drawful

i'm not but that's a-okay

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I think I'm getting old, Wolfenstein New Order just overwhelms me with camera shake and particle effects and EXPLOSIONS. I had the same problem with other recent FPSs I've tried, there is just so much going on all the time and I'm running around spastically firing in random directions trying to figure out where the hell I'm getting shot from because everything is visual noise. I miss when it was just rooms and crates and maybe some hookers :mad:

Then I find something like FTL or Space Run or Terraria and just play for hours.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Thingyman posted:

That was a fun night (bullshit drawful phrases notwithstanding). Thank you to Rookersh for hosting!

It was actually Hobo day. I was wrong with my suggestion of gently caress the mexicans since I now realise that might be more appropriate for a Texan university.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Actually my friend bailed on on the copy of Gauntlet I was reserving for him. So it's still up for grabs for $5.65

vvvv Added!

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 30, 2014

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
i'd take a gautlet

edit: http://steamcommunity.com/id/impureawesome

Orv
May 4, 2011
So Fractured Space is a really cool idea (Spaceships World of Tanks + Battlefield/COD Domination) but the grind is astronomical. Absolutely beyond insane.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Orv posted:

Everyone buy Majesty, it's one of the best games ever made for so many reasons.

How is the sequel? I never tried Majesty 2 before, but I'd rather save up for a good game if it's not worth my time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

radlum posted:

How is the sequel? I never tried Majesty 2 before, but I'd rather save up for a good game if it's not worth my time.

Uh, well. I personally think it's hot garbage, but I am admittedly being way harsher on it than it deserves. It's okay.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

radlum posted:

It's a good sequel to Majesty. It retains all the gameplay while making it 3D and updating some of the UI. I prefer the hero selection in the original, but the sequel adds a much needed cleric/priest/healer class.

That said, it still has lots of the same problems as the original where the start of the map is an uphill climb of relentless assaults on your meager kingdom until you can figure out the correct sequence then its downhill from there difficulty wise.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Another heads up. Van Helsing 2 is on sale for $4.08 over at http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-IAVH2/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing-ii with the use of: GAMERSGATE-TURKEY

Quite a steal for a very good ARPG. And really loving cheap. No excuse not to jump on it since not even during Winter Sale will it be that cheap. It expires in 5 hours so do it NOW!

Recap of cheap things that can be activated on Steam that are not readily apparent but cheapest they've ever been:
  • Gauntlet - $5.65 (4-pack - Bundlestars with SUPERNOVA25)
  • Teslagrad - $3.75 (Bundlestars with SUPERNOVA25)
  • Alien: Isolation - $16 (Nuuvem)
  • Van Helsing 2 - $4.08 (GamerGate with GAMERSGATE-TURKEY)
  • Anno 1404+Venice (Gold) - $4.85 (EU Store on Steam, Ask for EU Buyer from OP)

I need to stop posting deals and start playing games :argh:

Xaris fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Nov 30, 2014

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Xaris posted:

Another heads up. Van Helsing 2 is on sale for $4.08 over at http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-IAVH2/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing-ii with the use of: GAMERSGATE-TURKEY

I need to stop posting deals and start playing games :argh:

While I go to sleep, can you tell me if Van Helsing II will replace or trump anything about Diablo III (a game that I like)?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Morter posted:

While I go to sleep, can you tell me if Van Helsing II will replace or trump anything about Diablo III (a game that I like)?

VH2 is a more self-contained experience. Infinitely better story and amusing writing/banter between your AI companion. You could tell the devs played a LOT of ARPGS and have a huge hard-on for the genre but also recognized it's not going to be re-played over an over like Diablo2/3.

It's more of a once and done game (think Dungeon Siege 3) than a loot-treadmill ARPG. I.e. you aren't going to play VH2, and beat it, and get powerful loot, and then play it again on harder to get more powerful loot to tackle even harder difficulty, rinse-repeat, etc. And because of that design philosophy, it throws a bunch of badass poo poo you're way from the get-go and you don't have problems getting powerful and rare loot (but you'll still get excited when you do!). Plus it has an interesting combo and skill system that keeps it from getting too leftclick-rightclick-1-2-3-4.

It's something you'll content surf for 7-14 hours and put it away feeling satisfied.

e: So no, it won't replace Diablo 3, and it won't trump it in shear play time. But it will be a fun diversion.

ee: This expires in 5 hours so do jump on it if you want to.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 30, 2014

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ugh, why did I spend a week logging into GOG to get seven stamps so I would have The Witcher 2 free if I was just going to buy it the next time it went on sale? :argh: I could've just used the CD-Key to get the same copy in my GOG account with zero effort.

Oh well. Despite its foibles I still am really enjoying the first game, so as long as the second isn't complete hot garbage that magnifies every problem I have with the first I'll probably feel bad having given them under $5 total for the first two games.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Can anyone help out with my failed attempt to cheat the system and get a non-Australian version of South Park?

I bought a key from Amazon and my Steam account doesn't want to know about it. It cost me US$13 which is the sale price but I'll make it US$3 cheaper than that for someone if they can buy a copy of Rollers of the Realm for me.

You'll be fine so long as you're not from Australia :australia:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/playmoregames/

EDIT : Done, sorry Sivek you were pipped to the post by seconds :(

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

markgreyam posted:

Can anyone help out with my failed attempt to cheat the system and get a non-Australian version of South Park?

I bought a key from Amazon and my Steam account doesn't want to know about it. It cost me US$13 which is the sale price but I'll make it US$3 cheaper than that for someone if they can buy a copy of Rollers of the Realm for me.

You'll be fine so long as you're not from Australia :australia:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/playmoregames/

I'm down. Have sent you a friend request.

• Locked thread