Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tallgeese posted:

I do not think that is true. I got Hikou Prime Stars from Wave 15 a week or so ago.
It is absolutely true, it's just that some prime parts have multiple places they can show up, including the B rotation of other mission types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Xun posted:

Anyone have example Mag/Valkyr builds? It'd be nice to know what I should be throwing my cores at

For Valkyr you really don't need much more than some Duration mods, Vitality, Steel Fiber, and Rage (Rage is super important), and you might as well run Rush because you'll be doing a lot of running around.

Basically, take hits to recharge energy, Hysteria when your health looks to be low or when your energy is full, repeat. Ideally I think you want Overextended because the smaller your Hysteria radius the less likely you are to take damage when it ends, and sure your Warcry will affect fewer people but you're probably generally using it as a self-buff anyhow.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Newb question: I failed my rank 1 test. Do I have to stand in that circle you spawn in or can I duck behind cover and shoot my bow shootys at the robot peoples?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Charles Bukowski posted:

Newb question: I failed my rank 1 test. Do I have to stand in that circle you spawn in or can I duck behind cover and shoot my bow shootys at the robot peoples?

You can move around the arena.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

If you run far enough away you get teleported back as if you fell off a cliff or whatever, but yeah.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Xun posted:

Anyone have example Mag/Valkyr builds? It'd be nice to know what I should be throwing my cores at

This is what I use for my Mag Prime. It's going to be an extra forma or two for normal Mag.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

MJ12 posted:

For Valkyr you really don't need much more than some Duration mods, Vitality, Steel Fiber, and Rage (Rage is super important), and you might as well run Rush because you'll be doing a lot of running around.

Basically, take hits to recharge energy, Hysteria when your health looks to be low or when your energy is full, repeat. Ideally I think you want Overextended because the smaller your Hysteria radius the less likely you are to take damage when it ends, and sure your Warcry will affect fewer people but you're probably generally using it as a self-buff anyhow.

You mean don't want range mods?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Yes, but don't use the bow. Get literally any hitscan weapon instead. The Braton works nicely. It'll set you back 25k, but you can make that in a single void run. Just ask goons to take you there for some quick cash.
Rank 1 has three rounds and you need to kill 10, 15 and then 20 dudes in 1,2,3 minutes respectively. Unless you're pro enough to headshot every dude under 6 seconds with a fully charged Paras MK1, I really recommend you upgrade. This game is pretty miserable when you're under rank 2.

And then make a Karak as soon as you can because it's such a nice gun :allears:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Nov 30, 2014

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Yeah, bow weapons (as well as Opticor) are annoying unless they have a ton of mods for stuff like fire rate and punchthrough.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011
iojeis Essential Guide to Farming Mesa Bits.
By iojei.

Step 1> Beg/Borrow/Steal/Farm?(Not encouraged) an already made Infested Alad V Key.
Step 2> Recruiting Channel.
Step 3> Look for "LF Alad V Keyshare" Key words here being "Alad V" and "Keyshare"
Step 4> Once in a group, you will need to "prove your key" by going to Eris, and selecting the Muta Alad V Assassination mission. Once you do this and show everyone YOU can access it via YOUR KEY, decline it, clear vote. EVERYONE in the group needs to do this.
Step 5> At some point during the "prove your key" make a funny about "hehe last to prove, first to use? xD:D8===D" Most likely they will agree. IF they do not agree, just go afk until they become impatient enough to choose some other honky to go first.
Step 6> At the end of every successfull misson: You go afk. Popular choices are as follow, in no certain order. "I need to make a sandwhich" "GOTTA PISS" "My cat fell out my window" " "(<- do you get it? say nothing, you're afk you stupid gently caress!)
CHECK-> DO I HAVE ALL THE PARTS TO MAKE MESA? Helmet, Chassis, Systems?

IF NO-> REPEAT steps 1-6.

If YES-> ignore all party members, and leave group.

TIPS AND ADVICE:

NEVER USE YOUR KEY FOR PUBBIES.

Lurk "recruiting" channel for "LF keyshare" pubbies. Create your own group from this pool. So you will not run into any past marks.

Save your key, to pass on to needy goons.

Basically never use your key.

Keys can be traded and sold (Sold for increasing amounts of Platnum.)
Nav coordinates can be traded and sold (Sold for increasing amounts of Platinum.)

Price of coordinates AND keys are dependent on how rare the infested alad v events are.

First day there were 4, next day 3, 2, today 1(along with a Vauban alert. Are you getting the picture yet? They will be as rare and pain in the rear end as Vauban to farm.)

It took me 17 pubbie keys to get all the Mesa parts. You do the math on that. That's a long time farming that poo poo yourself. gently caress pubbies ,make mesa, collect pubbie tears.

flick3r fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 30, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Is it normal I feel kind of disgusted at flick3r's post? I mean poo poo they're pubbies but come on.

SSNeoman posted:

And then make a Karak as soon as you can because it's such a nice gun :allears:

I've been leveling the Tetra and to my utter surprise it's a very pleasant MR3 gun that's actually better IMO to the Karak. The 60 clip size is very nice, even if it fires slower.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Kyte posted:

Is it normal I feel kind of disgusted at flick3r's post? I mean poo poo they're pubbies but come on.

It means if I knew his ingame name, I'd put him on block so I could never get a group with him. I had a person in my tower run gloating how they scammed people for the parts that way. I called him out and blocked him after. No way I would want to play with someone like that.

So yeah, its ok to feel disgusted and it'd be weird if you weren't.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Also lol if you think Mesa keys will stay rare, in a month everyone will have her and 10 keys to spare.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
DE makes money betting on people being impatient. Imagine that

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Anyone figured out a way to make Mesa good? Her abilities all feel pretty lackluster. Her 4 feels fun, but unless the damage scales with something other than power damage mods I can't see it being good for much of anything. It looks awesome, and its fun to use, but when I'm on T1D and slotted with huge power mods and I can't kill heavy gunners without multiple shots it is pretty sad. Better to just bring the ol' Excalibur and one shot the entire wave while ignoring LOS.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Brainbread posted:

It means if I knew his ingame name, I'd put him on block so I could never get a group with him. I had a person in my tower run gloating how they scammed people for the parts that way. I called him out and blocked him after. No way I would want to play with someone like that.

He posted his IGN twice in that very post.

Also, it's not just pubbies getting this treatment. Earlier, a goon who shall currently remain nameless went on three key runs and then wordlessly disappeared when it came time for his key.

It's a really lovely way of handling keys, DE should have put in some kind of system for preventing this kind of crap. Having to work on the honor system doesn't really work in online games.

Isaacs Alter Ego fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 30, 2014

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I liked what Diablo 3 did. Instead of a key each, it's a fragment of a key for every person.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Azran posted:

I liked what Diablo 3 did. Instead of a key each, it's a fragment of a key for every person.

But then what about teams of less than 4? Or soloing?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Kyte posted:

But then what about teams of less than 4? Or soloing?

I've never played a rift alone or in groups of less than four, so I don't remember :v: Man, I'm ashamed now.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

Sandweed posted:

Also lol if you think Mesa keys will stay rare, in a month everyone will have her and 10 keys to spare.

How's everyone going to have her when the nav coordinates are becoming increasingly rare, and the mesa systems requires 10-15 runs to get?

Everyone can buy her with plat.

Or farm 51 nav coordinates at less than 1 nav a day? That's 2 months at least if you finish her in 17 trys like I did. And if there's a nav every day.

LOL

Brainbread posted:

Online games are serious. Serious business guys. No really I'm really serious here. Please block me. I don't condone doing this poo poo to goons. I explicitly state to use goon keys for goon benefit only.

necrobobsledder posted:

DE makes money betting on people being impatient. Imagine that

Also why you can sell a High Noon stance for 100p.

flick3r fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 30, 2014

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Hi, I just started playing and have a couple questions not in the OP, if anyone can answer.

- The difficulty scales with the number of players, right? I'm mostly playing with a friend for now.

- If so, is there a bug that makes the game scale improperly sometimes? I ask because we did a 4 player event and then when we went back to 2 players and tried a mobile defense map it was pretty much impossible at our level with dozens of enemies EVERYWHERE. There was also 4 terminals, when I would've expected 2? And if there is, any way to resolve it without both of us quitting and relaunching the game? We tried that and it seemed to change the difficulty but we're not sure.

- How long before I can expect to be able to make a different warframe? I unfortunately have the Excalibur from way back when I first tried the game and it's a little boring. I have the credits to buy most of the blueprints but have no idea what is hard to make, or what is fun.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Whether it's for goons or non-goons is irrelevant. It's an incredibly toxic strategy that so many people have adopted it's pretty much pointless to even bother with the recruiting channel. I mean fleecing pubbies of their plat is kinda shady too but at least that one's just preying on people's different senses of value rather than outright scamming.

And btw this kind of "it's okay to screw them over if they're not part of my group" nonsense is the kind of exclusivist bullshit I expect from 4chan.

Daynab posted:

Hi, I just started playing and have a couple questions not in the OP, if anyone can answer.

- The difficulty scales with the number of players, right? I'm mostly playing with a friend for now.

- If so, is there a bug that makes the game scale improperly sometimes? I ask because we did a 4 player event and then when we went back to 2 players and tried a mobile defense map it was pretty much impossible at our level with dozens of enemies EVERYWHERE. There was also 4 terminals, when I would've expected 2? And if there is, any way to resolve it without both of us quitting and relaunching the game? We tried that and it seemed to change the difficulty but we're not sure.

- How long before I can expect to be able to make a different warframe? I unfortunately have the Excalibur from way back when I first tried the game and it's a little boring. I have the credits to buy most of the blueprints but have no idea what is hard to make, or what is fun.

- IIRC more players means slightly more enemies, but it's still far easier with more people.
- It's a bit randomized, and also depends on the mission difficulty and such. I think the number of terminals is also somewhat randomized. I haven't noticed anything weird, even if I go solo right after a 4-man mission. You did try the same mission for comparison, right?
- The market BP is only the master BP. You need to kill bosses to get the component part BPs. To craft a frame you need to unlock Jupiter (to get Neural Sensors) and Saturn (to get Orokin Cells). Rhino is fairly easy to get, since his parts drop from the Venus boss. After that it takes about 4-6 days to cook your frame. (12 hours for each part (IIRC, they can be done in parallel) and 3 days for the frame itself)
Other easy frames are Ember (drops from Saturn boss), Valkyr (drops from Jupiter boss) and Mag (Mars boss).

FYI to unlock planets you gotta kill bosses now. The unlock chain goes like this:

Kyte fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Nov 30, 2014

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Daynab posted:

Not really, no. Player count has some minor effects on Survival missions, and bosses scale, but for the most part more players = easier time.

Map layout can certainly have an effect on overall difficulty, though, just because of how the enemy spawn mechanics and AI pathing works (or occasionally, doesn't).

Daynab posted:

You can start building a new frame a few hours after firing up the game for the first time if you have someone to shepherd you along and help gather materials.

flick3r posted:

Online games are serious. Serious business guys. No really I'm really serious here. Please block me. I don't condone doing this poo poo to goons. I explicitly state to use goon keys for goon benefit only.
Don't be a shithead.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Good to know, thanks for the answers. Is there a way to queue for matchmaking when you're already in a party, then? When you're alone you can select a mission and wait to find a squad, but when I'm with my friend it just starts (and we got a late joiner only like once or twice.)

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I think if you set the session as public it'll be open for matchmaking even if you already have somebody, but most of the time there's not enough people to actually join you.
Join the goon clan, that'll get you plenty of people to play with.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Daynab posted:

Rhino is absurdly powerful for how easy he is to farm. Aim for him first, he's awesome.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Kyte posted:

You can take solace in the fact they made a big care effortpost expecting to get mad props for their renegade antisocial video game behavior and instead got labelled as a mong. Very funny

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

He also thinks that since there was 3 nav cords yesterday and 2 today, tomorrow will have 1 and then zero nav cords forever!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

What is an Ancient Core? I've been playing since the old tree upgrade thing and I don't recall having heard of such a thing.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

hooah posted:

What is an Ancient Core? I've been playing since the old tree upgrade thing and I don't recall having heard of such a thing.

It's been sitting in his inventory since 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

Those are what the old mods from closed beta turned into when they switched to the current mod system. Up until I want to say Update 13 or so they weren't named any differently than regular cores, and the only difference is that you can't trade them.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Does Phorid no longer drop Argon?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mango Polo posted:

Does Phorid no longer drop Argon?

That got fixed a while ago, sadly.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

T.G. Xarbala posted:

That got fixed a while ago, sadly.

Aw. I have not played in a some time, so I thought I'd farm an Argon real quick. Oh well!

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Thanks to the Steel Meridian mod, I've fallen back in love with the Hek. It chews through everything now, just like it did back in the old days when we had...what, 8 or so total options for weapons?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Helter Skelter posted:

Those are what the old mods from closed beta turned into when they switched to the current mod system. Up until I want to say Update 13 or so they weren't named any differently than regular cores, and the only difference is that you can't trade them.

Actually you can, I got that one from ... someone. I forget who. I wasn't around during closed beta.

Verant posted:

Thanks to the Steel Meridian mod, I've fallen back in love with the Hek. It chews through everything now, just like it did back in the old days when we had...what, 8 or so total options for weapons?

It's still not nearly as effective as any of the good rifles.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 30, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It may not be but literally who cares unless you're at the :spergin:iest of content.

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Verant posted:

I pretty much leveled Steel Meridian just for the Hek mod (that and none of the other weapon mods interested me). Now that they've got the Marelok too, I think it was a good choice.

Now I can dream of a Steel Meridian Gorgon reload mod.

On the topic of Keys, what bugs me more than anything is... all that work on the boss gets wasted. Like, when was the last time anyone did Vay Hek? He takes a *ton* of farming to get to, and since he's no longer the boss of the month, almost no-one is running him. He effectively doesn't exist for most people, now.

What I would like for DE to do is, say, 6 months down the road, change the consumable keys to a reusable on, or just tone down the cost to something like 1/3rd of what it is.

As it stands, if you want to do Vay Hek, you're gonna have to farm all of those keys yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Seems like a lot of changes in the past two months, looks good though. What's hilariously broken now? I love the DE bugs that make for ~emergent gameplay~

That stack of infested stuck in a door legitimately made me laugh a bit too much