Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

liquidypoo posted:

How many stores are you gonna scour for a double arm cannon Samus?

I saw some at my local Walmart yesterday. If I don't see any there tonight, well, someone might die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
You should have bought all of them

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

Shulk is a lot like Ike in that both Ike absolutely love getting projectile spammed. He's also like Ike in that his moves are single hit, have startup time, and are pretty laggy at the end, so it's mostly a matter of baiting and punishing. Shulk has tricks that Ike doesn't (like his loving ridiculous b-air) but like Ike, he also kinda sucks in For Glory.

Thanks for the tip. Gotta get better at baiting.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Davinci posted:

You should have bought all of them

I try to not buy anything from Walmart ever, but alas, my love for Amiibo eclipses my disdain for corporate slavery.

Also, do Amiibos forever grow? Like if I suck for awhile and then suddenly stop sucking, will my Amiibo also stop sucking?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

noirstronaut posted:

I try to not buy anything from Walmart ever, but alas, my love for Amiibo eclipses my disdain for corporate slavery.

Also, do Amiibos forever grow? Like if I suck for awhile and then suddenly stop sucking, will my Amiibo also stop sucking?

I only buy locally sourced handpicked organic Amiibo.

They'll keep learning even after they hit the level cap, yes.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I think the level cap is more for their stats, since at level 50 they're straight up stronger than vanilla characters. My Samus amiibo does 42% damage with a charge beam when it should be 25%.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Dope. I think i'm gonna love this Pikachu Amiibo if I can find one.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Guys, should I get Samus or Pikachu

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
And I finally beat 9.0 without losing a single life.

People kept saying I should have used counter and use healing equipment, but where's the fun in that?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Cake Attack posted:

you haven't played much smash4 have you

It's evident that you haven't. Marth actually saw a general increase on the reach of his sword from Brawl to Smash 4.

Also, I finally beat all the events AND got all the rewards: I shall rejoice over the fact that I will never have to play that Kirby Event where he must heal himself all the way from 140% to 0% ever again!

For all the Events where I got a choice of character, I used Luigi (but did use customs).

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

bwuh i am undone

compared to melee though

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I should really record this new challengers, its unbelievable. Greninja can juggle me with perfect ease, Shulk will jump 15 feet below the stage to insure I die, Greninja will practically teleport across the stage in an instant and do 7 hit combos, and he and Pac Man especially can anticipate everything I do and camps like a bitch

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

noirstronaut posted:

Guys, should I get Samus or Pikachu

Get both - print the Buy 1, Get 1 40% Off Amiibos deal from the Toys R' Us website and make Walmart price match it, I doubt anyone will scrutinize it closely enough to see it's online only.

Played Smash Tour for the first time and it seemed...obnoxious? I feel like that's the best way to describe it. I guess I'll at least give it a fair shake through whatever Challenges require it, and see if anything changes my mind.

Edit: Oh wow, Lowtax is awesome.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Can you play with amiibos online?

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
I'm clueless about amiibos. Does the character on the amiibo actually control what character you get in game, or could I just grab whatever amiibo is available and assign a character like Lucario to it?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

TenaciousJ posted:

I'm clueless about amiibos. Does the character on the amiibo actually control what character you get in game, or could I just grab whatever amiibo is available and assign a character like Lucario to it?

Nope, the character is fixed to the figurine. If you buy Piss Link, you get a Link buddy in game and that's it.

But you can change their coloration. All three of my Amiibos (Link, Mario, Samus) wear purple.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
My Pikachu is so cute, you mother fuckers.

However, for my fellow spergs: How the hell do you open this box without completely loving everything up.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

My once lean brawl muscle has sagged into sweaty ssb4 flab and I'm just getting trashed here just trashed

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

noirstronaut posted:

However, for my fellow spergs: How the hell do you open this box without completely loving everything up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwxPdGhZapM

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I gave in and bought a couple of Amiibos. Got a Samus and a Peach, and will be enjoying them for a while. And taking them to my friends to make them eat up their Amiibos. Basically, pokémon.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So just curious, who is having serious lag? Because so far my online experience has been remarkably smooth, as good as if not better than any other fighting game I've played online.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the past couple days ive been bad pretty consistently but that's probably my lovely canadian internet

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
It varies for me, occasionally I'll get a match with someone who somehow got their Wii U running off a dial-up modem, but for the most part I don't even really notice any input lag. I only do For Glory 1 v 1 though, most of the times I tried four player stuff on the 3DS the game slowed to an agonizing crawl, and doing four player with randos instead of some buds on your couch isn't really fun anyways.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Beating All-Star Battle in under six minutes is a pain in the rear end even on easy.

!!!!!!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's going to be -37 with windchill tomorrow morning

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel so betrayed by this revelation.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

don't be a hoser, beef waifu

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Double Cannon Samus amiibo going for $1,000+

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Chaltab posted:

So just curious, who is having serious lag? Because so far my online experience has been remarkably smooth, as good as if not better than any other fighting game I've played online.

It was unbearably terrible for me the first two days, but then it smoothed itself out and it's been just great ever since.

I am also Canadian, fwiw.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

How do I unlock the Indie Game artstyle themed stage?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fry your Wii U's GPU.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think Olimar gets the award for most buffed character since Brawl. Slippery little poo poo, you can't grab him or anything. He's worse than Villager and his loving Side B into slingshot.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I can never tell what Olimar is doing, his model does some flinch animation and the next thing I know I'm covered in Pikmin. It's not as bad on wii U but on 3DS I can't see poo poo about that dude.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Anidav posted:

I think Olimar gets the award for most buffed character since Brawl. Slippery little poo poo, you can't grab him or anything. He's worse than Villager and his loving Side B into slingshot.

You could not be further from the mark on this if you tried

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Maybe it's just me but he's a unpredictable mess. All his animations are similar and grabbing him is a pain because he's a fast runner and has a crazy good forward smash range. I have always lost against him and it's because I really can't keep up with his speed and monotonous animation that makes him somehow unpredictable and strong.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The sad thing is he's better in Brawl, his priority and knockback were absolutely brutal and leagues above what he has to work with in Smash 4.

I manage to do well with Olimar because I don't think anyone knows the match-up and they spend a lot of time trying to knock the Pikmin off or just attack me and leave the Pikmin on to do damage but he's really, really bad.

Speaking of which, this is what needs fixing::
- Absolutely garbage in 3+ players unless you play really, really campy, his Pikmin will get slaughtered in the fray and players can knock off Pikmin that are attached to other players (which I don't think should happen, I think if you're stuck with Pikmin on you you should have to deal with them yourself).
- Fair and Bair only have good knockback with certain Pikmin, Dair hardly ever spikes.
- Smash attacks kill at higher percentages than other characters.
- Pikmin Pluck is fast but it takes WAY too long for the Pikmin to be "in tow" (following Olimar and useable in attacks), they should be available immediately or you should be able to Whistle them and have them useable right away. Also because of this Olimar never gets to benefit from respawn invincibility.
- Pikmin Throw becomes useless against opponents with reflectors (Fox, Falco, Palutena, Pit, Dark Pit, Mario, Dr. Mario, Zelda) and Forward Smash and Down Smash become loving deathtraps because they count as projectiles, get amplified and you get destroyed.
- Pikmin still fall out of line, but not as much as the 3DS version thankfully, but if you pivot near an edge, the Pikmin fall off and try to get back to you. Purple Pikmin are the loving worst at doing this, when you get hit away or even jump these fuckers tend not to come with and will still be your "next in line" so if you attack welp, nothing is coming out.

Sakurai fix this.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Maybe I need to get used to the matchup but I always find Olimar destroys me 1v1 For Glory. Maybe that's where his advantage ends.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I'm looking up what you can and can't hammer for challenges

You can't hammer "Beat 9.0 Intensity without dying once" which is bullshit, but you CAN hammer the following things that sound like a pain in the rear end:

Beat 9.0 Intensity without any customizations. This looks like you're allowed to do it Co-Op so maybe it's not that bad? I just remember 9.0 on 3DS being a pain in the rear end even with customs.

Clear True Solo All Star as C Falcon on Normal without healing - again is this as hard as it sounds? it unlocks a bunch of other challenges too so maybe I should just do it.

Clear All Star on hard with every character - just really time consuming

Some of the Target Blast stuff sounds like bullshit, like get a perfect on every stage or score 450k.

Possibly the stuff like collect every custom move and hat

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Target Blast stuff isn't so bad if you just watch videos online and copy what they do for really high scores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sire Oblivion posted:

The Target Blast stuff isn't so bad if you just watch videos online and copy what they do for really high scores.

Isn't it random to some degree? I know the 3DS version was a pain in the rear end because doing the same thing over and over could get you basically any score.

• Locked thread