Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

The worst kind of Canadian. A stereotype. :canada:

What're you talking aboot? There are no Canadian stereotypes, eh, now take off you hoser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
I know nothing gets me in a frothing rage like someone constantly apologizing for saying stuff maybe three people on the planet would be offended by and constantly downplaying their own skills and abilities. Also people that are industrious and putting out videos all the time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Perhaps you missed the post where I said that imo him being a nice guy does not make up for him being not funny. That was my explanation for why I don't like him. Humor is subjective and so to other people Northernlion is probably a laugh and a half but to me he is not and thus I do not like him.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Rannos22 posted:

I know nothing gets me in a frothing rage like someone constantly apologizing for saying stuff maybe three people on the planet would be offended by and constantly downplaying their own skills and abilities. Also people that are industrious and putting out videos all the time.

I am constantly amazed at how terrified NorthernLion seems of his audience's reactions.
I mean, they are Youtube comments but still.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What're you talking aboot? There are no Canadian stereotypes, eh, now take off you hoser.

"They're like mashed potatoes with no gravy."

BMS fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 25, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

BMS posted:

"They're like mashed potatoes with no gravy."

It takes a controversy like Jian's for me to actually side with Billy Bob Thornton.

Anyway, I think I watched NL's LP of Noir Syndrome. He seemed nice. Maybe I just like liking stuff.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

HGH posted:

I am constantly amazed at how terrified NorthernLion seems of his audience's reactions.
I mean, they are Youtube comments but still.

He's more complaing. TotalBiscuit is the one terrified of audience reaction.

I mean, that's not necessarily a slam, it was legitimately affecting the dude's health, he needs to do what he needs to do to be healthy. But comparing him to NL I think it's pretty clear that NL is complaining about the comments so he has something to talk about more than actually being worried about them.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Rannos22 posted:

How do you feel about people not apologizing ever for saying stuff that offends lots of people and having no sense of awareness regarding their lack of skills and abilities?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

judge reinhold posted:

Is that true? I think people might lose interest, but I don't know anybody who prunes their subscription list regularly based on inactivity. Personally, I've unsubscribed to the Yogscast guys because they kept posting videos that I eventually realized I was never clicking on. Also, I unsubscribe from people on Twitter who go on lovely retweet sprees that clog my feed. And I consider myself the paragon to judge all other humans by.

Maybe not. Going by views, I do notice a marked decrease if you lower video frequency. I don't mean the obvious "well people have less to watch if you post less", I mean that after a content break - or even a lowering - it seems like your views drop overall and take awhile to come back. I'm going by times we've taken a couple of weeks off from RP.

But frankly, it's really hard to judge this kinda stuff. More videos don't mean more views either (i.e. if you go up 2-3 a day, your views actually don't spike up too significantly) so it's tricky. I guess the one exception was the Retsublitz thing we did; raw view count skyrocketed that month but I don't know if that's "marketing" (it was sort of unintentionally "an event" for our channel) or just that people didn't have a whole lot to watch that February.

I do think a consistent update schedule will keep people coming back; especially if you post at a set day/time thing because people know to come back even without the subscription.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

slowbeef posted:

But frankly, it's really hard to judge this kinda stuff. More videos don't mean more views either (i.e. if you go up 2-3 a day, your views actually don't spike up too significantly) so it's tricky. I guess the one exception was the Retsublitz thing we did; raw view count skyrocketed that month but I don't know if that's "marketing" (it was sort of unintentionally "an event" for our channel) or just that people didn't have a whole lot to watch that February.

I watched Retsublitz because I hadn't been keeping up with the usual longplay series and these were good, funny standalone videos.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

On December 1, the Let's Play landscape changes forever.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Waffleman_ posted:

Now everyone can be like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible!

Time to start up my stream with a facecam, in a facecam.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

The gently caress is this and why is it in my Steam?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

TARDISman posted:

Because steam is trash now hth

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
still waiting for my pdp bodypillow, just sayin

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

:sigh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TARDISman posted:

Facerig is this program where you connect a mic and a camera to it and it'll move the face on the screen like your face moves. There really is no point to this other than sheer novelty in programs like skype. Now you can be pewdiepie. The future is here.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

CJacobs posted:

Now everyone can be pewdiepie. The end is here.

FTFY

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Excuse me, I have some standards. Slowbeef or nothing. :letsplay:

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Who is funnier than Pewds?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Trash Ops posted:

What is funnier than Pewds?

Cancer

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

That isn't funny.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
But funnier than pewds.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

But funnier than pewds.

Something that isn't funny can't be funnier than something that is funny.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Totalbiscuit isn't funny either

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Trash Ops posted:

Exactly.

Do I need to type it out? pdp ain't funny.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

I'm here to answer one simple question, duuuteeeffff is <game>°.

I don't mind TB, he's thorough at least, but why doesn't he either

A) actually say 'what the gently caress'
B) Slow the gently caress down with that poo poo? It's like with every video, he's trying to day that faster and more unintelligible than before.

"wtf" takes longer to say than "what the gently caress". Don't want to swear? Bleep it; bleeping can be funny.

Small stupid gripe, but a gripe nonetheless.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Trash Ops posted:

It can with integer overflow.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

steinrokkan posted:

:golfclap:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

B) Slow the gently caress down with that poo poo? It's like with every video, he's trying to day that faster and more unintelligible than before.

"wtf" takes longer to say than "what the gently caress". Don't want to swear? Bleep it; bleeping can be funny.

Because saying things really fast and coming close to but not swearing is the height of comedy.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Why does this bother you? Tell me your true feelings.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

Why does this bother you? Tell me your true feelings.

I get irrationally angry from certain words or ways of speaking. Been that way forever, and I don't know how to fix it other than to just ignore it and not say anything, which is what I do most of the time, except when I post on SA, because we're all a bunch of goons.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I get irrationally angry from certain words or ways of speaking. Been that way forever, and I don't know how to fix it other than to just ignore it and not say anything, which is what I do most of the time, except when I post on SA, because we're all a bunch of goons.

Do other initialisms do that too? Like FBI, RTS or WWE?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Those actually shorten the original names tho. Also, they roll off the tongue easier.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No, and it's not even the wtf thing, it's his voice zipping through it for no reason that bugs me.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
Ya know, everyone is out there trying their best to do things. Give 'em some slack.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

This is great and all, but who are some Let's Players who are almost as good as PewDiePie?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Trash Ops posted:

This is great and all, but who are some Let's Players who are almost as good as PewDiePie?

Gamingo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trash Ops posted:

Masaokis.

Let's Play with our health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Trash Ops posted:

I have been watching lots of TobyGames lately. He's pretty awesome.

• Locked thread