Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Silence posted:

Hot new dutch criminal kickboxing news: Hans Nijman has just been machinegunned to death in his gym

hahaha what the gently caress, it's incredible that this poo poo keeps happening somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

So I haven't posted about K1 or MMA for like two years but I just watched the 2014 Max event from October and can someone please tell me how K1 still exists after they exploded and Glory was the only promoter left alive? Last I remember I was paying Glory like 10 dollars for lovely streams of shows held somewhere in Balkans and now they are on Spike?

Also what happened to the WGP, is it all MAX now?

It's a crazy new world.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 6, 2014

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
RIP Hans Nijman, you were a'ight in RINGS and also were probably running drugs under the guise of selling Official Nijman Gym Punching Bags

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Glory 18 is tonight in a few hours (Though according to the website, the event has already started, but the TV broadcast is still 3 hours away). Let's go guys what kick and punch

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i hope zack mwekassa turns out to be good, and not just good enough to beat pat barry. also i hope kiria defends his title even though i love rvr (and he's a better fighter than kiria) just because of the insanely badass way he won it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I Like Zack

edit:

HOLY poo poo MWEKASSA KILLED THAT MAN

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
booya

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://gfycat.com/AdventurousNeatHalcyon

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

gently caress

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I looked up Zach Mwekassa and the first link about him said that he eats nothing but dried caterpillars for 21 days before each fight because it's a Congolese warrior's diet. Between that and seeing gifs of these two knockouts, I'm prepared to say he owns.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That ref took a surprisingly long time to end the fight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mwekassa time again!

edit: :qq:

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 8, 2014

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Here are some highlights in case you missed the broadcast.

HW Semi Final 1: Mwekassa v. Collette

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAJZKAASR40

HW Semi Final 2: Ilunga v. Cavalari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djXi2a9Hg_k

HW Final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLBEBZ0B1RY

Seems like Kicking and Punching is still pretty cool even if I have no idea who anyone is anymore.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That must be a very good feeling.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I was rooting for Kiria but that was a fun fight to watch.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

That nigga dead

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Lion fights live on axs, superkombat on tomorrow

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
That's Kickboxing, Folks:

Hesdy Gerges has been sentenced to 4 years for his part in smuggling 130kg of cocaine a few years back

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I dunno why I click new posts thinking it'll be kickboxing news instead of crime news.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

I dunno why I click new posts thinking it'll be kickboxing news instead of crime news.

if it makes you feel better, Catalin Morosanu is fighting elite heavyweight Ron "Monster" Sparks in a couple of hours

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

if it makes you feel better, Catalin Morosanu is fighting elite heavyweight Ron "Monster" Sparks in a couple of hours

ya, full card is

quote:

Main Card - Eurosport (EU) - 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT
TBD vs. TBD - LHW Tournament Final
Catalin Morosanu vs. Ron Sparks
Andrei Stoica vs. Emilio Vallecillo
Cedric Manhoef vs. Julian Imeri
Errol Koning vs. Giuseppe De Domenico
Amancio Paraschiv vs. Riccardo Lecca
Jorge Loren vs. Michael Terrill - LHW Semifinal #2
Aristote Quitusisa vs. Dawid Kasperski - LHW Semifinal #1
Bogdan Stoica vs. Alexandru Negrea - LHW Reserve

Two stoicas and an ex-bellator supperweight

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

This is live

http://www.vipleague.se/boxing/266306/1/superkombat-world-grand-prix-live-stream-online.html

Metamoris doesn't start till 5 so get your fight sport fill till then with kickboxing and romanian whores

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

they're doing a fashion show in the middle of the superkombat card

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

So I guess Andy Souwer is still staying active... no idea what this is but lol

https://vine.co/v/O1bpEerIDIH

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
kickboxing is great to point out to american sports fans when they say the nba or nfl has a criminal element

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
as a pro wrestling fan first and foremost, kickboxing is great for when I feel like everyone I'm watching is a monster, and that too many of them are alive and not in jail

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Courtesy of BJPenn.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0mRwOjeEJw

he's dead :stare:

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

poo poo. poo poo. that creepy chuckling tops it off.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

colonel_korn posted:

So I guess Andy Souwer is still staying active... no idea what this is but lol

https://vine.co/v/O1bpEerIDIH

this owns and the other youtube video owns

card announced for the next K-1 Japan show:

<60kg tournament>
Shimano Kotaro(Japan) vs. Javier Hernandez(Spain)
Urabe Hirotaka(Japan) vs. Karim Bennoui(France)
Yamamoto Masahiro(Japan) vs. Gagny Baradji(France)
Urabe Koya(Japan) vs. Johannes Wolf(Germany)
Toshi(Japan) vs. Anthony Castrejon(USA) - reserve fight

<Super Fights>
Kaew Fairtex(Thailand) vs. Kimura Philip Minoru(Brazil) - 65kg
Sato Yoshihiro(Japan) vs. Sanny Dahlbeck(Sweden) - 70kg
Takiya Shota(Japan) vs. Shou Rong(China) - 55kg
Tobe Ryuma(Japan) vs. Horio Ryuji(Japan) - 55kg

lots of It's Showtime vets in the tournament, and lmao Kaew won the tournament and gets to take a victory lap on the Japanese white guy

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

after rourke and provodnikov, i am now watching

http://www.vipleague.se/boxing/268003/1/king-of-kings-2014-live-stream-online.html

some polish kickboxing tournament

quote:

Main Card - Eurosport (EU) - 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT
TBA vs. TBA - GP Final
Pavel Zuravliov vs. Micha? Andryszak
Tadas Jonkus vs. Piotr Waznicky
Cristups Bulmeistras vs. Rafal Dudek
Max Roll vs. Mateusz Kopiec
Chris Baya vs. Robert Rajewski Jr.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Did Rourke's opponent take a dive or just quit? Those body shots were jokes but Jesus Rourke looked awful pissed when the guy went down a second time.

gently caress it, let Rourke keeping boxing. He got in asinine shape if he knew his opponent was taking a dive.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Seeing that K-1 Japan card got me wondering what was going on with Noiri. I'd forgotten his name for a bit, and searching for 'triangle boy kickboxing' didn't help.
Why's he been sitting out his year?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Watching some shoot boxing and I don't know anyone yet but dudes are throwing heaters so I'm happy

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

LobsterMobster posted:

Watching some shoot boxing and I don't know anyone yet but dudes are throwing heaters so I'm happy

It's a good card and with some luck, Rob Emerson is gunna get killed. Where are you watching?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gregor Samsa posted:

It's a good card and with some luck, Rob Emerson is gunna get killed. Where are you watching?

I bought the thing on the nicovideo site or whatever thanks to the liver kick instruction manual

I jumped in at the end of a women's bout, so I'm trying to determine if Kota Ibushi already fought or maybe he's not on the card :confused:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LENNE HARDT!!!!

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

Seeing that K-1 Japan card got me wondering what was going on with Noiri. I'd forgotten his name for a bit, and searching for 'triangle boy kickboxing' didn't help.
Why's he been sitting out his year?

I've been trying to get some answers about this for a while, he got injured and had to pull out of a Krush fight (before the Krush people started the new K-1 Japan thing) and dropped off the face of the earth. No social media stuff, no contract with Glory, nothing announced by Krush, no sign of him at K-1.

He just popped up again a week or so ago and will be fighting in December for Krush, but he's only just started training again. So he's probably going to be in with some scrub and I'd expect to see him on a K-1 Japan show next year.

edit: also by all accounts it looks like the Shootboxing show was equal parts amazing and infuriating

Triticum Guzzler fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 30, 2014

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
It appears Emerson did not even fight and the winner of the tournament was gifted multiple decisions.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Gregor Samsa posted:

It appears Emerson did not even fight and the winner of the tournament was gifted multiple decisions.

yep, on the other hand there was some wacky worked fight and a bunch of incredibly cool kos: https://vine.co/v/OnIKQxAeQTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The flourish at the end really puts it over the top. God drat that combo owns.