Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dattserberg posted:

If he gets canned in SF, I wouldn't be surprised if his next job was Oakland or Michigan. It's not that crazy to think.

If he doesn't come, it's the fans' own fault for not donating enough to the Hire Harbaugh Fund:

https://www.patronicity.com/project/hireharbaugh#/

How could this possible fail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

If he doesn't come, it's the fans' own fault for not donating enough to the Hire Harbaugh Fund:

https://www.patronicity.com/project/hireharbaugh#/

How could this possible fail?

aahahahahaha

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'm so ashamed to be a Michigan fan. Jesus Christ.

Can I join someone else's bandwagon?

Please?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Regnevelc posted:

Please?

It's not like you went there or something dude, root for whoever the heck you want.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Idk if that's better or worse than the KEEP DREW BREES IN NEW ORLEANS fund that fans came up with

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

It's not like you went there or something dude, root for whoever the heck you want.

I went there but I'm also not donating to that stupid loving fund

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
I could see how Harbaugh might like the idea of going back to Ann Arbor. He strikes me as the kind of guy who would like being in control of everything- even the players' lives- which is something you don't get in the NFL. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I'm saying I'd get it if it did.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
For a guy who everyone keeps saying doesn't have the personality to coach in the NFL he sure has won a lot of loving football games in the NFL.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

MourningView posted:

For a guy who everyone keeps saying doesn't have the personality to coach in the NFL he sure has won a lot of loving football games in the NFL.

He's a drat good coach is why. I've read lots of stuff that his rah-rah emotional style wears thin on professionals after a while.

There are very few examples of successful NFL coaches returning to college coaching voluntarily, which is why I think Michigan getting him remains a long shot. It's not crazy, but not very likely.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

There is a 99.5% chance that Harbaugh is the coach of the 49ers next season. If for some ridiculous reason the 49ers let him go, he'll be the top candidate for 6 NFL teams, who'd gladly fire their loser GM and let Harbaugh bring in his own guy. He isn't going to Michigan.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Deteriorata posted:

It's not crazy.

it really, really is

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
According to some former Michigan players last night, it looks like it's going to be Harbaugh unless it collapses in an amazing way.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Clearly a man as absurdly intense and Harbaugh is going to take a voluntary demotion.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Bip Roberts posted:

Clearly a man as absurdly intense and Harbaugh is going to take a voluntary demotion.

Being a god at a top college program isn't really a demotion IMHO.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

davecrazy posted:

Being a god at a top college program isn't really a demotion IMHO.

It is money wise.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

drunk leprechaun posted:

It is money wise.

Eh, its kind of a wash. Googling told me that 8 NFL coaches make over 6 million. Saban clears 7+ million annually, and has things like his houses and cars paid off, not to mention other benefits. For a top college job, the drop off isn't that significant from a top NFL job, and is an upgrade from a lovely NFL job.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
You can't assign monetary value to being the idol of a cult of personality. Some people go crazy for that poo poo.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

According to some former Michigan players last night, it looks like it's going to be Harbaugh unless it collapses in an amazing way.

This is what I have been fingers-crossed hoping for in the back of my mind. The way they've been dallying with the AD search and the general lack of concern about everything else means that either things are seriously hosed up in the administration or they already have a commitment from a top-notch coach and even Hackett couldn't screw it up.

Either case would be believable, unfortunately. I don't care if it's Harbaugh specifically as long as we get a known quantity. We've got to get a quality coach this time around.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He's going to get in the same slapfights with UM Administration as he is with 49ers management and it's going to cause some hilarious confusion because it's a MICHIGAN MAN doing it. :allears:

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

DJExile posted:

He's going to get in the same slapfights with UM Administration as he is with 49ers management and it's going to cause some hilarious confusion because it's a MICHIGAN MAN doing it. :allears:

Like when he called out the university on their steering of athletes to degrees as promising as "General Studies".

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Dattserberg posted:

Like when he called out the university on their steering of athletes to degrees as promising as "General Studies".
"What is it you study?"
"Uhh...things. Generally."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Punch Card posted:

You can't assign monetary value to being the idol of a cult of personality. Some people go crazy for that poo poo.

And you can only ascend to that level at the Steelers, but good luck getting that job.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Dattserberg posted:

They ought to cut him some slack for that after the university president said a couple of weeks ago that Michigan admits football players that aren't qualified to succeed in the classroom.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 26, 2014

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Deteriorata posted:

This is what I have been fingers-crossed hoping for in the back of my mind. The way they've been dallying with the AD search and the general lack of concern about everything else means that either things are seriously hosed up in the administration or they already have a commitment from a top-notch coach and even Hackett couldn't screw it up.

Either case would be believable, unfortunately. I don't care if it's Harbaugh specifically as long as we get a known quantity. We've got to get a quality coach this time around.

why is the quote bubble around my post maize and blue? Is it because I'm a Michigan man?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

AsInHowe posted:

why is the quote bubble around my post maize and blue? Is it because I'm a Michigan man?

Yep. That's what it is.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dattserberg posted:

I think A&M did that for a while but they dropped the general studies major entirely.

Now it's "University Studies". :laugh:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

But learning Ojibwe really has its upsides, such as

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

computer parts posted:

I think A&M did that for a while but they dropped the general studies major entirely.

Now it's "University Studies". :laugh:

I was a summa cum laude national scholar of university studies. i did extensive field research into the social scenes and an important ethnographic study on women of pullman ages 18-30

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Regnevelc posted:

Please?

Come to the dark side with me. Become a Buckeye. Look into your heart.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

AsInHowe posted:

Like last time apparently?

Remember the whole 'deal is in hand' and then NOPE!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Deteriorata posted:

Hackett is going to be full-time AD if Harbaugh comes.

Jack Harbaugh and Hackett know each other from way back when.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

wheez the roux posted:

I was a cum scholar of women of pullman ages 18-30

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I want this loving rear end in a top hat fired. Tonight.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
It'll be Monday.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
I laugh every single time Rich Rod wins at UA lol he could be stylin at Ann Arbor right now

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Fisticuffs posted:

I laugh every single time Rich Rod wins at UA lol he could be stylin at Ann Arbor right now

This is exactly what I said to my mom yesterday. The best-case scenario for all of this is that it kills the Michigan Man narrative (especially if Arizona can win next week and get a playoff spot) but I know not to get my hopes up.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

C-Euro posted:

This is exactly what I said to my mom yesterday. The best-case scenario for all of this is that it kills the Michigan Man narrative (especially if Arizona can win next week and get a playoff spot) but I know not to get my hopes up.

They're gonna double down so loving hard on the Michigan Man thing

Karmalaa70
Jun 15, 2006

go3 posted:

There aren't any left. Brady Hoke is the shining star of Lloyd Carr's coaching tree.

Not even kidding.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

go3 posted:

Harbaugh is the only Michigan Man on anyone's radar and by no means a sure thing as far as availability is concerned. Unless there's some lost son of the Michigan program no one's heard of then they might not have a choice, at least for this next coaching stint.

Also my brother was trying to tell me the other day that Harbaugh has a clause in his contract with SF that he can opt out to coach for Michigan at any time :lol: There' s no way such a thing exists, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Apparently he doesn't have a buy out if he comes back to college, or so I've read.

I don't think it's Michigan specific.

That Michigan thing was rumored back when he was at Stanford too. It's bullshit.

• Locked thread