Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
GTA V, Spelunky, Pinball FX2 Humble Bundle

Timbuk2 Core Laptop Briefcase

Melt Cosmetics lipstick in Shady Lady, By Starlight, and Space Cake.

UNIF Clothing tanks: Jesus Saves, I Spend and I wish I had arms to slap you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

I didn't really love the Arkham games and everyone says it's basically that in Middle Earth

Welp, I think I just decided I need a next gen console

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Sennheiser HD429s

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 20:40 on Nov 30, 2014

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Started off Christmas Shopping for my Fiancee with a cookbook from her favorite food blog/recipe site:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

https://www.threadless.com/product/5907/Burgerman/style,design

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pukestain Pal posted:

Guitar Center had a 15% off deal, and I've always wanted to pick up this guitar. A strat neck on an acoustic. Fun stuff!

I've always called those Uncle Jesse guitars...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have one of their other laptop bags, and they have a ridiculous number of pockets. It seriously takes me like 2 minutes to find stuff sometimes.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Because my accord needed a new engine at 65000 miles, I ditched it and got this:

I didn't know Black Friday was a thing at car dealers, but it was a nice coincidence that they were running a great sale.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I am an electronics junkie who uses a lovely terrible computer monitor. Time to upgrade to a lovely terrible "4k" computer monitor

Samsung U28D590D 28IN 4K UHD LED Monitor 3840X2160 1ms 1000:1 DisplayPort 2x HDMI PEN15 8008S BU++

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

Reverse Centaur posted:

I am an electronics junkie who uses a lovely terrible computer monitor. Time to upgrade to a lovely terrible "4k" computer monitor

Samsung U28D590D 28IN 4K UHD LED Monitor 3840X2160 1ms 1000:1 DisplayPort 2x HDMI PEN15 8008S BU++

I am unfamiliar with this "PEN15 8008s BU++" standard, tell me more.

+2 California legal 10 round magazines thx to the manufacturers Black Friday deal :woop:

Now to wait 10 days while my gun sits in gun jail to actually be mine :(

Wicaeed has a new favorite as of 11:15 on Dec 1, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Cacafuego posted:

Because my accord needed a new engine at 65000 miles, I ditched it and got this:

Did you not change the oil and always drive in L?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Robawesome posted:

You mean RX-7, right? The RX8 was an inefficient gutless little turd

This guy is right ^^

The RX-8 has a decent chassis and handles really well but everything else about it is terrible.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
The first Black Friday deal I've ever taken advantage of:

Case of Thirsty Dog Barktoberfest (Marzen/Oktoberfest style lager) for $15, direct from the brewery.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Babby's first HDTV!

LG Electronics 42"

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Cacafuego posted:

*Honda*

That's some brand loyalty right there. If my car needed an engine replaced at 65k and they didn't do it for free the last thing I'd consider is buying another car from the same people. Hope this one's better than the last!

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
I wanted to try something new, so tomorrow a Xiaomi MI4, white 16GB, will be arriving.

http://www.xiaomishop.com/130-xiaomi-mi4-quad-core-16gb-64gb-smartphone.html

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Kidney Stone posted:

I wanted to try something new, so tomorrow a Xiaomi MI4, white 16GB, will be arriving.

http://www.xiaomishop.com/130-xiaomi-mi4-quad-core-16gb-64gb-smartphone.html

I had no idea they made a MIUI specific phone. I used to swear by MIUI on my Droid X. It was really full featured and polished.

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.
Gradually upgrading my PC little by little. I'm replacing my old GPU with one of these:

Looking forward to being able to run games on Ultra settings again.

I must have caught the end of a Cyber Monday deal or an accidental mis-pricing or something, because it's now listed for quite a bit more than I paid for it just a few hours ago... huh.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Moacher posted:

Gradually upgrading my PC little by little. I'm replacing my old GPU with one of these:

I must have caught the end of a Cyber Monday deal or an accidental mis-pricing or something, because it's now listed for quite a bit more than I paid for it just a few hours ago... huh.

Amazon? I know when Amazons stock runs out, third party retailers hawk them for $50-$100 more until they come back in stock

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

App13 posted:

Amazon? I know when Amazons stock runs out, third party retailers hawk them for $50-$100 more until they come back in stock

Yeah, Amazon. This is the page in particular: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NVODXR4/ref=pe_385040_127541850_TE_item

I got it a few hours ago for $349, and now the same one is going at $470, so that could be what's happening here.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Moacher posted:

Yeah, Amazon. This is the page in particular: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NVODXR4/ref=pe_385040_127541850_TE_item

I got it a few hours ago for $349, and now the same one is going at $470, so that could be what's happening here.

Yep, looks like all 3rd party sellers.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Lightning deal on Amazon right now, I've been waiting to pull the trigger for a few weeks till a sale came up :slick:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron posted:

Get yourself to Amazon and buy Shadow of Mordor on the cheap

I ended up doing this, but via the Xbox downloads since it was the same price. Most of my stuff from Amazon arrived today (just missing one pair of pants that came from another warehouse, here tomorrow) so I have the controllers charging and then I'll give it a go.

Also I bought two pairs of pants, same style, two sizes. The bigger pair came first. WAY too big - if the sizing chart is true, the second pair, a size smaller, may also be too large. Good thing Amazon is doing a free returns on a lot of clothing that this fell under for the Christmas season.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Few blurays for the holidays.

Sadly already had this shipped when I found it has sulphates. Smells great though.

vincentpricesboner has a new favorite as of 23:26 on Dec 1, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Same, but my roommate and I went in together for that crazy 31 disk edition for a mutual friend.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Moacher posted:

Bah! You stole my thunder. Apparently HDMI cables are already obsolete, so I had to get a new card for my UHD "4k" monitor. Hopefully it is also PEN15 8008S BU++ compliant.

Asus GeForce GTX 760

I haven't bought a video card in many years. I didn't know they look like muscle cars now.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

davebo posted:

That's some brand loyalty right there. If my car needed an engine replaced at 65k and they didn't do it for free the last thing I'd consider is buying another car from the same people. Hope this one's better than the last!

I do too. Honestly, I had a civic for 13 years with literally no issues (aside from regular maintenance), my family all has hondas or acuras that have lasted forever. I made the mistake of buying the accord used. From what the dealer told me, the previous owner neglected to do regular maintenance, leading to the engine problems. There's a long back story with Honda actually paying for some of the repairs, but I've derailed enough.

Also, this:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^it took most of the day to do it, but I had to talk myself out of buying that same bundle today.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

XIII posted:

^it took most of the day to do it, but I had to talk myself out of buying that same bundle today.

You made a terrible mistake.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

You made a terrible mistake.

To give you need idea how often I play games: I haven't hooked my 360 up since in the 6+ months since I moved. And I use a chromecast for all my video watching. I'm sure I'll get a PS4 eventually (probably even soon enough to regret not buying it now).

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Oh god what have I done?

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

TraderStav posted:

I have this and it's cool and good.

Same and same.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

XIII posted:

To give you need idea how often I play games: I haven't hooked my 360 up since in the 6+ months since I moved. And I use a chromecast for all my video watching. I'm sure I'll get a PS4 eventually (probably even soon enough to regret not buying it now).

I thought I was too old for games during the PS1/early PS2 era. Went 6+ months without touching games too. Then Halo came along and I was reborn as a 21 year old gaming lifer. I'm embarrassed to even mention how many PS4 games I've bought. about 30, not including PS+ free titles

TLOU and GTA V are the types of games that make non-gamers into gamers. Just don't get fat in the process and it'll all be cool.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
After hemming and hawwing over the last week, instead of buying an Xbone or a PS4, I bought a $330 video card. Amazon had free same day shipping since I live in Phoenix. I just installed it and I absolutely feel justified after running Dragon Age: Inquisition with no slowdown at all on completely ultra settings. My girlfriend will probably not be as pleased.

Can't wait for GTA5 PC, though.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Oh, I still love games and am finding new ones all the time that I think "man, I bet that would be awesome", I just don't have a lot of free time for them right now. I know how important having time to unwind is, but I try to devote as much of my free time to a handful of passion projects that I know I would feel guilty for not working on while playing those games. Hopefully, one day the work I'm putting into these things now will pay off and I'll be able to spend more time playing those games. Sorry for the derail.

I just bought a couple books. I'll post them when I get to a laptop in a bit.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Is that Spiderman? Did they kick out the human torch or what? :psyduck:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

SpartanIV posted:

Is that Spiderman? Did they kick out the human torch or what? :psyduck:

He died and requested Spider-man as his replacement in his will or something. It was pretty cool.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Ties, ties, ties.

Jeans, jeans, jeans.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Toast Museum posted:

Ties, ties, ties.

Jeans, jeans, jeans.

Link for the jeans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Those On My Left posted:

Link for the jeans?

poo poo, I thought I'd gone back and changed "jeans" to "pants." Well, they're kind of jeans-adjacent, anyway.

511 Slim fit hybrid trousers - picante
Chino pants - crushed berry