Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

Cutler needs to leave the Bears organisation stat and go be a hilarious gun slinger at some other dumb team that gives him more than one and a half seconds to throw the ball

the Kerry Collins for a new millenium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Kaep, Cam, RG3, and to a lesser extent cutler seem to get unlimited passes and I really dont get why.

I think a lot of people are afraid to form their own opinion so they go with conventional wisdom until its no longer tenable.

jesus christ swap.avi in posting form

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Homestar Runner posted:

Comprehensive list of Bears QBs historically better than Cutler:
1) Sid Luckman
2)

Bzzt! I was thinking of Sid Frenchman

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

African AIDS cum posted:

Jim McMahon would wipe his rear end with Cutler

Only because his brain has stopped processing color and shape properly

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Cutler totally gets forgiven more here than the probably deserves. Being one of the best QBs in Bears history is like being the cleanest rat in the sewer. He owns a lot of Bears passing records because he's actually been a stable presence for going on 6 seasons on a team where QB stability was maybe 1 or 2. He's also been stable in the emergence of the passing league on a team with lots of historic runningbacks who made it easier for other QBs to never have to throw. I defended Cutler for years because his situation in Chicago was crap, but at some point you need to elevate that crap or you're part of it. He has two of the best WRs in football, one of the best all around backs in football, a good TE, and they finally got him a "better than tissue paper" o-line and he's still...well, Cutler. Still makes tons of dumb throws off his back foot. Still makes bad decisions. Still takes a lot of sacks. Last year goddamn Josh McCown had a resurgent season with the same offense, and Josh McCown is goddamn garbage. Why can't Cutler elevate? Dude has so much talent but I think we've seen peak Cutler. If he hasn't fixed a lot of these issues by now he probably won't. Certainly won't without stability in the front office.

Yeah, the defense is a rotting corpse of a homeless man in the back alleys of Chicago and he's playing from behind way too often, but at some point I just can't give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. He's no better than average. He's good when he's on, and bad when he's off, and he switches between good and bad cutler on every play.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 30, 2014

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Jim McMahon wears a bandana not because he thinks it looks cool, but rather, because it holds his frontal and parietal bone together.

If he ever took it off, his goddamn head would collapse like a Jenga tower and it would be horrifying.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Well said. The "Cutler is the best QB in Bears history" argument is so dumb and overused. He's what, 9 years into his career now? The jury is in on Jay Cutler...he is a mediocre nfl caliber qb but people will make (incorrect) excuses for him until he retires.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Shath Hole posted:

Well said. The "Cutler is the best QB in Bears history" argument is so dumb and overused. He's what, 9 years into his career now? The jury is in on Jay Cutler...he is a mediocre nfl caliber qb but people will make (incorrect) excuses for him until he retires.

Yes, but a lot of people try to point to him as the major reason why the Bears are terrible this year because they clearly have strokes when the Bears go on offense.

He's an average NFL QB who makes some dumb mistakes, but has been let down by the offensive line and playcalling quite a bit this season.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Tavarin posted:

Yes, but a lot of people try to point to him as the major reason why the Bears are terrible this year because they clearly have strokes when the Bears go on offense.

He's an average NFL QB who makes some dumb mistakes, but has been let down by the offensive line and playcalling quite a bit this season.

My point is that TFF likes to use the other problems as excuses for Cutler. He absolutely gets more blame than he should from the dumb masses of Chicago fans who seem blind to the other problems the Bears have, but he's not this special flower that is held back by everything else. He's part of the problem.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Tavarin posted:

The line hasn't been the problem this year like it has in years past, even last year it wasn't bad. Cutler isn't the only reason why the Bears suck, but constantly leading or being at the top of the league in turnovers certainly doesn't help.

Plus, all the big money is on the offense which he leads. Like Febreeze said, in this same offense, horrible McCown had a career year and grossly outplayed Jay simply because he didn't lock into Marshall and force balls into triple coverage.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Febreeze posted:

My point is that TFF likes to use the other problems as excuses for Cutler. He absolutely gets more blame than he should from the dumb masses of Chicago fans who seem blind to the other problems the Bears have, but he's not this special flower that is held back by everything else. He's part of the problem.

I think the reason why Cutler gets a pass here from Bears fans is precisely because according to every other thing you can read about the Bears on the internet, every problem the Bears have is Cutler's fault including the fact that the Bears cannot stop a team on defense unless they are starting a rookie or a McCown brother.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Also Cutler is goony as gently caress.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^^^ this is the real answer

R.D. Mangles posted:

I think the reason why Cutler gets a pass here from Bears fans is precisely because according to every other thing you can read about the Bears on the internet, every problem the Bears have is Cutler's fault including the fact that the Bears cannot stop a team on defense unless they are starting a rookie or a McCown brother.

The defense is historically bad, which is only compounded because Jay makes dumb decisions and turns the ball over at a high rate. There's a chicken and egg thing going on in Chicago, but lovely defense + mistake prone qb is not how you are going to win games in the league.

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Nov 30, 2014

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

TubeStank posted:

Also Cutler is goony as gently caress.

Good looking, married, smokes squares, in control of his diabetes, yeah I don't see the goony thing

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Menanimo did a little analysis on Cutler a few weeks back in a matchups thread, which showed that not only does Cutler refuse to look past his first or second read, but when he's getting sacked he tries to extend the play by tossing the ball to a teammate, which leads to him having so many fumbles.

edit: yay I found it

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3676917&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post437077564

The_Hat fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 30, 2014

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Fire Greg Roman

I think Baalke wants him gone and Harbaugh is doing the "he stays or we both go" thing so it'll take a loss to the raiders and missing the playoffs to allow for them all to get fired

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Cutler is literally the best QB the Bears have had in 50 years

The lowest of bars

And what Febreeze said

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Greg Roman seems like the kind of retard that would put a crosshilt on a lightsaber

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I finally watched Silver Linings Playbook and I think it did a really good job of portraying that you have to have a family history of mental illness to be an Eagles fan.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Alouicious posted:

jesus christ swap.avi in posting form

Do you ever do anything other than complain about peoples posting? You seem to be mad 24/7 lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

Do you ever do anything other than complain about peoples posting? You seem to be mad 24/7 lol

No, he only posts to complain about posting. It is very :airquote:meta:airquote:.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sorrry i'll post about my football team

yep, they're bad

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders are poo poo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I finally watched Silver Linings Playbook and I think it did a really good job of portraying that you have to have a family history of mental illness to be an Eagles fan.

All I remember from that movie is that Jennifer Lawrence looks amazing in a leotard.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Silver Linings Playbook is as boring and difficult to watch as Greg Roman's Playbook

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Silver Linings Playbook is as boring and difficult to watch as Greg Roman's Playbook

This is wrong. SLP is really good.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@josephperson
Panthers 0-4 after regular-season bye weeks under Rivera. Have been outscored 102-36 in those games.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

@josephperson
Panthers 0-4 after regular-season bye weeks under Rivera. Have been outscored 102-36 in those games.

Was coming here to post this. gently caress this coaching staff and gently caress this organization. Don't even let Shula and Rivera get on the plane.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 6 TDs and no INTs today

Let that sink in

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Intruder posted:

Ryan Fitzpatrick threw for 6 TDs and no INTs today

Let that sink in

Ryan Fitzpatrick rules

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Good work Jags, I'm proud of you :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Giants had a 21-point lead and lost to the Jaguars

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Chris James 2 posted:

The Giants had a 21-point lead and lost to the Jaguars

owns

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't remember ever seeing a coach challenge a play illegally and then get exactly what he wanted. Good job Marvin Lewis on dimwitting your way into a savvy move, I guess.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The Giants can't even buy a break this season. I mean they could, but I don't think any of that stuff would help.

Citizen Kabuto is a good game though, it's a delightfully bizarre, classic-era Lucasarts FPS. Playing video games helps escape your pain, right ?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I went to the hospital because I split my head open, what did I miss?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Would be nice if Jason Pierre Paul, Antrel Rolle, Will Beatty, and Larry Donnell could go gently caress off forever

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ostentatious posted:

dont stand up when youre drinking during a raiders game imo

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Ostentatious posted:

Matt Schaub throwing like the same thing happened to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Oh when the Saints, they get five wins
Oh when the Saints get five wins.
Oh how I want to be in the NFC.
In the South and beat Big Ben.

• Locked thread