Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Dawnguard quest question:

I've added Dawnguard, Hearthfires, and Dragonborn recently for a second play through. In the DG quest line I'm up to retrieving the Dragon Scroll at the College of Winterhold. I talk to Urag, and it seems its the same script as the original game, when you retrieve the Elder Scroll for the time wound for Parthanax.
Only at this point did I add in the Unofficial patches for each of the three DLCs(Checked the load order too).

The UDGP says there is a text fix to take out mention of Parthanax.
Going to my most recent save, at the College just before talking to Urag, I still see the mention of Parthanax in my journal when I finish talking with him.

Does it matter, should I be worried?
As long as the DG questline plays through, and later if I pursue the original Dragonborn questline(I have not been to High Hrothgar yet in this play through) without problem, I'm not worried about a text error.

If quests are broken, because of adding the patches so late, do I need to go back to a much earlier save? Say, before the DG quests even mention pursuing the two Elder Scrolls?

Current version info: 1.9.32.0.8 (SKSE 1.7.1 rel 46)

Internetjack fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
Are there any good spear mods? Bonus for javelins

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

vuk83 posted:

Are there any good spear mods? Bonus for javelins

Well Heavy armory has spears and halberds and they fit p good most of the time in the base game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21120/

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 26, 2014

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
Thinking about downloading Moonpath to Elsweyr, what are peoples' thoughts on it?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Thinking about downloading Moonpath to Elsweyr, what are peoples' thoughts on it?

It's not bad at all. I had fun with it. The one thing you should know is that it feels a bit more like a bioware RPG in structure - several large maps, but not open-world feeling like Skyrim. Still fun though.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
How's the combat with perkus maximus, i understand it doesnt modify it that much, is a combat mod recommended?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

PlatinumJukebox posted:

You wander around for an hour or so marvelling at how amazingly pretty it is, then do a couple of really boring side quests, and then realise that was it and there's no other content, so you look at how pretty it is for another five minutes and forget about it forever.

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013
Hi guys, recently I've been muddling through modding and fixing up most problems on my own but I'm a little stuck now.

One of the new perks SPERG grants for the illusion tree is Phantom Beasts, which basically gives you spooky ghost versions of wild animals to fight alongside you. I was getting my arse kicked by some butthead necromancer when suddenly a ghost Mammoth appeared and started tanking ice spears like it was nothing :stare:

My questions are; are these meant to fade after battle, is there a way to easily "de-summon" them and is there a maximum of 1 at a time? Is there anything else I should know about them? Because I'm seeing weird stuff like these guys fading out of existence at random times, I've had 2 appear at once in a crowed cave and block the place up. Basically I just need to know a few things because it's kicking rad to have a ghost bear napping in the middle of town but not so much when he parks himself in a tunnel and I have to kill him to move anywhere.

I've also had two Flame Atronachs summoned at the same time once after getting the perk, I don't have the perk for that or anything else affecting Conjuration that I know of other than SPERG. I do notice that dual-casting conjuration spells does not appear in SkyUI's active effects area, this may be a clue?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Delerion posted:

How's the combat with perkus maximus, i understand it doesnt modify it that much, is a combat mod recommended?

Combat-wise I think the only thing Perkus might not modify is enemy behavior/AI. You should check out the guide to the Warrior portion.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, trip report: I finally got around to playing through Lost Wonders of Mzark.

All in all, it was quite fun. It has the usual TrainWiz rough edges, but the well-made environments were a lot of fun to explore. I especially liked the Centurion Forge:

As I said, there are a few rough-edges: There are a few platforming sections, and I know there are some people here who get :qq:unbelievably weepy:qq: about those. Most of the encounters are more puzzle-based than straight-up combat.

The mod's description page compares it to Dead Money for New Vegas, and I think that's an incredibly apt comparison. The gameplay is not quite what you'd expect from the main game, and that change is going to make some people hate this mod.

Anyhow, for my time, I think LWoM is a drat fun mod and worth trying.

Finally, since I had to go and watch a youtube video to figure it out (because I was impatient), here's how to do the last boss battle: You're going to need to take the 3 objects back out of their holders. The first one is a straight shot, then you get teleported out. The path here is a spiral, so don't get discouraged by thinking it's a circle and that you're trapped - that was my mistake. Avoid the enemies here best you can, they're invincible, and make your way to the center of the spiral and remove the next object. You'll be teleported back out, and the walls will shift a bit so the Spiral is now a maze. Find your way back and take the last object. You can now kill the enemy, and claim your prizes.

Frankly posted:

I've also had two Flame Atronachs summoned at the same time once after getting the perk, I don't have the perk for that or anything else affecting Conjuration that I know of other than SPERG. I do notice that dual-casting conjuration spells does not appear in SkyUI's active effects area, this may be a clue?

Are you by chance running the version of Apocalypse Spells that lets Ocato's Recital cast summoning spells? Because thats what happened when I used it.

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

Are you by chance running the version of Apocalypse Spells that lets Ocato's Recital cast summoning spells? Because thats what happened when I used it.

Thanks for the response, I don't have Apocalypse spells or anything other than SPERG that would directly affect Illusion/Summoning as a skill. I do have stuff like Whistle and some dumb battlecat mount which I guess tie into Conjuration somehow.

Come to think about it there's a lot of dodgey stuff happening with that dumb battlecat mod which is why I don't make use of it (animations/summoning of said cat), I'll try removing that for now and see how it goes.

Also thanks for the write-up on Mzark, looks pretty neat!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Ok. I've spent the past week picking through various sites to find all the mods I want before I started my playthrough this weekend. All thats left is to double-check everything for conflicts/sort my load order, merge some stuff in WyreBash, and run the FNIS .exe. Anyone have suggestions for last minute additions?

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Frankly posted:

Hi guys, recently I've been muddling through modding and fixing up most problems on my own but I'm a little stuck now.

One of the new perks SPERG grants for the illusion tree is Phantom Beasts, which basically gives you spooky ghost versions of wild animals to fight alongside you. I was getting my arse kicked by some butthead necromancer when suddenly a ghost Mammoth appeared and started tanking ice spears like it was nothing :stare:

My questions are; are these meant to fade after battle, is there a way to easily "de-summon" them and is there a maximum of 1 at a time? Is there anything else I should know about them? Because I'm seeing weird stuff like these guys fading out of existence at random times, I've had 2 appear at once in a crowed cave and block the place up. Basically I just need to know a few things because it's kicking rad to have a ghost bear napping in the middle of town but not so much when he parks himself in a tunnel and I have to kill him to move anywhere.

The mammoth is a rare summon, sort of an easter egg. One in 50 chance if I remember right, but I could be getting it mixed up with the rare chicken summon.

Phantom beasts should summon when you're both in battle and have a weapon drawn or spell readied. They should automatically unsummon at any other time. There's also a setting in the MCM to bind a key for summoning and unsummoning them if you prefer.

Also pretty sure that perk is haunted by a gremlin or three. Sometimes it works great, and sometimes it seems like it doesn't work at all. Very frustrating. :(

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013

seorin posted:

The mammoth is a rare summon, sort of an easter egg. One in 50 chance if I remember right, but I could be getting it mixed up with the rare chicken summon.

Phantom beasts should summon when you're both in battle and have a weapon drawn or spell readied. They should automatically unsummon at any other time. There's also a setting in the MCM to bind a key for summoning and unsummoning them if you prefer.

Also pretty sure that perk is haunted by a gremlin or three. Sometimes it works great, and sometimes it seems like it doesn't work at all. Very frustrating. :(

Hi seorin, big fan of the mod and thanks for the post. I think I've encountered one of the gremlins, I had a feeling they were meant to desummon after battle. I'll have a poke around in the MCM once I'm back at my PC, worst case I'll just remove the perk.

Great idea for a perk so hopefully I can get it to work though!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I'm no Capn Beeb, but this screenshot turned out drat nice.

Edit:

Frankly posted:

Also thanks for the write-up on Mzark, looks pretty neat!

If you're interested in seeing some more quest mod reviews,click the ? under my avatar. I've played most of the major ones in order to add support for them in my Improved ASIS INIs.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 28, 2014

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
Any mods about running a trading hub or something?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Any way of making a cool lich? Any mods that would support that?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Any way of making a cool lich? Any mods that would support that?

There's a mod called Undeath that adds a big quest to become a lich and adds a transformation. Never played it so I dunno if it's buggy or anything.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Emong posted:

There's a mod called Undeath that adds a big quest to become a lich and adds a transformation. Never played it so I dunno if it's buggy or anything.

The video that showcases it looked neat, and it even had some palatable amateur voice acting! However two things stuck out in the FAQ that sold me on *not* getting it:

code:
Q: I'm performing the ritual correctly, but I keep dying still?
A: This seems to be an issue with the amount of health you have. Make sure that you have more than 100 health before beginning the ritual, as it may kill you anyway if you are too weak!

Q: I'm performing the ritual correctly, but I'm NOT dying?
A: Again this is an issue with the amount of health you have, or possibly your difficulty settings (as this will increase / decrease damage accordingly). 
Try lowering your health using the Equillibrium spell or similar before attempting the ritual again.
That's like, 'yea, I don't know. Trying loving with your difficulty slider and maybe cast a spell to lower your health. Probably use the console?' Too bad really. It'd be neat playing as the model of a dragon priest and being an undead badass.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Zombie #246 posted:

Any mods about running a trading hub or something?

Trade Routes might let you do some of that.

Anyhow, if anyone wants to take a peek at some fixes I've made for mods I've been using, go here. I made a google sites page for them. Enjoy.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Agents are GO! posted:

I'm no Capn Beeb, but this screenshot turned out drat nice.

Aw, heck. ;-*

Also yeah riding dragons always makes for good screenshots.

SUCH AGILITY, SUCH GRACE

deathrat
May 25, 2010
So I'm working on a plugin and accompanying tool for Mod Organizer. I'll be posting a beta for it here within the next couple of days hopefully.

Basically what it does is it exports a profile to a single small file that can be imported into MO using the plugin, which you can then queue up the mods from the profile to download inside of MO. Currently it only supports automatically downloading mods that the person that exported still had the download file for, as MO currently does not save the File ID inside of the mod's meta.ini file, I talked to the author of Mod Organizer to see if he is willing to implement it though(or if he'll accept a pull request if I code it).

And I'll eventually be adding support for providing custom URLs for mods, so people can make cool modsets that don't rely solely on mods that are available on nexus.

Hopefully it'll fill the hole where people have been wanting to share their working mod setups without packaging gigabytes of data up or writing out a huge step by step guide.

I was also working on an ENB/DLL Manager plugin for Mod Organizer, but that's on the backburner until I get this in more of a working state.

deathrat fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 29, 2014

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Well, crap. I was planning to finalize my mod list for my inaugural playthrough this weekend, but I then discovered Gopher's youtube channel. Right now I'm a little less than half-way through and I've already discovered almost 20 new mods I'm going to install. Lots of awesome little tweaks like all the weapons in your favorites menu appearing on your character's body, viewable rankings for all the factions(something I didn't even realize I missed from Morrowind), the awesome looking Skycity mod for Markarth, and No Snow Under Roofs.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

How do you integrate the "Shut Up Mirmulnir" patch into the Unofficial Skyrim Patch on MO?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

NuclearPotato posted:

How do you integrate the "Shut Up Mirmulnir" patch into the Unofficial Skyrim Patch on MO?

Just make sure it loads after the patch.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

I hate to thread necro, but I've been getting back into Skyrim lately and tried to install the TK dodge script, but I'm not having much luck. When I use the Mod Organizer it gives me the "no data at top level" or something along those lines, and any attempt to manually install has not been successful. Anyone have any ideas?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

TheTrend posted:

I hate to thread necro, but I've been getting back into Skyrim lately and tried to install the TK dodge script, but I'm not having much luck. When I use the Mod Organizer it gives me the "no data at top level" or something along those lines, and any attempt to manually install has not been successful. Anyone have any ideas?
The author bundled a bunch of stuff in the file, so MO doesn't understand where the actual mod is.

Looking at the readme, the extra stuff is only if you don't have SKSE/ScriptDragon/a current version of Skyrim. So assuming you have those already, just right-click on the Data folder to tell MO which files to actually install:

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The author bundled a bunch of stuff in the file, so MO doesn't understand where the actual mod is.

Looking at the readme, the extra stuff is only if you don't have SKSE/ScriptDragon/a current version of Skyrim. So assuming you have those already, just right-click on the Data folder to tell MO which files to actually install:

Thanks, that got it to install fine, I knew I was missing something, but it still doesn't give me a notification that it installed when I load a game, nor do I have any sort of programmable UI for it in SkyUI so it still seems like it's broken :( Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

TheTrend posted:

Thanks, that got it to install fine, I knew I was missing something, but it still doesn't give me a notification that it installed when I load a game, nor do I have any sort of programmable UI for it in SkyUI so it still seems like it's broken :( Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I don't use it, so there may be more in the installation directions. Are you launching SKSE through MO instead of regular Skyrim? I think SkyUI would complain if you weren't, but just in case...

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I don't use it, so there may be more in the installation directions. Are you launching SKSE through MO instead of regular Skyrim? I think SkyUI would complain if you weren't, but just in case...

I am indeed. I've seen some references to needing to install skse separately because it seems to want the skse.dll the loader and the .exe in the folder, but i even tried that and couldn't get it to work. I know it's something had smackingly simple that I'm missing but i can't for the live of me figure out out.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

if you're having trouble with Mod Organizer there's an extensive series of videos made by Gopher that cover pretty much everything you need to know. I've been using MO forever and I still learned some stuff watching those recently.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Are there any mods that make mining nodes show up on the map, or just generally easier to find?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

Are there any mods that make mining nodes show up on the map, or just generally easier to find?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/193/

This makes them glow. Doesn't help a whole lot during the daytime, but during night it's fantastic.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

is Immersive Weapons worth using? I love the armor mod but only really want to use one big weapon pack so I don't have to merge leveled lists so much and it's basically down to that or Jaysus Swords.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Immersive Weapons isn't by the same people as Immersive Armors and also isn't really anywhere as good. It's got some good stuff in it, but it's not very immersive and the quality isn't quite consistent. But it's not terrible, I don't think there really are any weapon packs on the same level as Immersive Armors anyway.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's a shame because Immersive Armors is incredible. I might just stick with Jaysus Swords, it's got fewer weapons so I would guess they've all probably had more love put into them

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

NuclearPotato posted:

Wait, I thought they removed the voice acting from Mirmulnir in one of the more recent patches?

Cardboard Box posted:

that's a shame because Immersive Armors is incredible. I might just stick with Jaysus Swords, it's got fewer weapons so I would guess they've all probably had more love put into them

Do JaySuS Swords, Weapons of the Third Era, and Insanity's Lore Weapon Expansion (this one is really good).

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

is Weapons of the Third Era MoS Edition available anywhere or is it pretty much lost?

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Wait, I thought they removed the voice acting from Mirmulnir in one of the more recent patches?

I could've sworn they removed it. I just started a new game with the latest version of the unofficial patch so I'll see if they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Is there such a thing as a mod that will add some kind of graphic effect to weapon swings? Like a movement blur at the range of the attack or something.

• Locked thread