Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

TOILETLORD posted:

can't wait till future land gets turned into star wars land.

disneyland is gonna own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

FordPRefectLL posted:

disneyland is gonna own

all workers will have to dress as storm troopers or clones. They can bring back the old gun fighter show from frontierland and just make it star wars.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Gutcruncher posted:

Savage Opress. Theres a character named Savage Opress.

That's not super worse than Solo, Maul, Skywalker, Grievous, or Darth Vader as far as aptronyms go, though.

Star Wars is dumb, but the names are extremely dumb on purpose.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

The Peccadillo posted:

That's not super worse than Solo, Maul, Skywalker, Grievous, or Darth Vader as far as aptronyms go, though.

Star Wars is dumb, but the names are extremely dumb on purpose.

There's a sith named Freedon Nadd, which is considerably worse than all of those. The absolute loving worst names were Lucas' proposed names for Starkiller in The Force Unleashed: Darth Icky, or Darth Insanius.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Darth Insanius sounds like an awesome alternative rap group lead name.

I'm imagining a 400lb black guy wearing a sailor moon mask introducing himself as Darth Insanius before dropping some sick beats on the stage and getting everyone going.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Frank Horrigan posted:

There's a sith named Freedon Nadd, which is considerably worse than all of those

How is that worse? I'd guess it's meant to invoke "no freedom", but that's infinitely more subtle than any of my examples.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

The Peccadillo posted:

How is that worse? I'd guess it's meant to invoke "no freedom", but that's infinitely more subtle than any of my examples.

Freedom Nads :911:

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Frank Horrigan posted:

There's a sith named Freedon Nadd, which is considerably worse than all of those. The absolute loving worst names were Lucas' proposed names for Starkiller in The Force Unleashed: Darth Icky, or Darth Insanius.

I can't see how he wasn't blatantly loving with those people.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Aaahaha

[Richard "Dick" Powers exhales after a lengthy puff on his noir space vape]

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Nucleic Acids posted:

I can't see how he wasn't blatantly loving with those people.

This is the same guy who created Watto (fun fact: The racist Jewish caricature was originally supposed to be C-3PO), Ewoks, Jar-Jar Binks, put a musical number into Return of the Jedi, and just the prequel trilogy in general.

Lucas is NEVER just loving with people when he throws out stupid poo poo like that.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

The only thing the new trailer makes me hopeful for is more Triumph the Insult Comic Dog ragging on Star Wars fans

https://vimeo.com/80129340

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 30, 2014

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Entropic posted:

Or use the Force to give the other guy a brain aneurysm or something. Don't go start thinking logically about that poo poo.

Well cause they're trained to put up a force shield or something. Everyone else? They should be dead before they try anything.

Now I have to play kotor 1 or 2 tonight. I don't think I even want to.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 30, 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
http://ironmarch.org/index.php?/topic/4509-are-you-excited-for-the-star-wars-movie-goyim/

quote:

- "JJ Abram's has listened to critics - The new star wars movie features the most diverse cast yet!"

- African American actor John Boyega will be the new lead actor

- All the female characters will again be strong independent womyn who don't need no man, and African actress Lupita Nyong’o will be playing a prominent role.

- The white female lead (Han Solo's daughter), will fall in love with the black lead character played by John Boyega (A PG sex scene is confirmed).

- All the white characters will be privileged, or evil (Expect the theme of ingrained privilege to be repeated throughout the film)

- The "bad guys" will be generic Disney villains, played by white actors - whose primary motivation for being evil will be that they are racists.

- The overarching plot will be that the Sith are trying to bring back a great Sith leader who died thousands of years ago, and presumably his ideology (This sith leader will subconsciously represent Adolf Hitler).

- The subconscious idea of Sith being right wing fascist Nazi's will be further reinforced by the use of a cross pattern red light saber (reminiscent of a Red Swastika in shape), and Nazi style military uniform.

- The film will rely on exploiting fan nostalgia (e.g "Look! It's Chewy again! Haha remember when he did x in the original and now he's doing x again!") while also pushing as much leftist pro-authoritarian ideology as possible in order to get decent fan-reviews for what is objectively an awful film.

- There is rumored to be either a gay, or inter-species romance briefly depicted in the film.

:lol: Neo-Nazis are such fags. Not sure how you're gonna be an Aryan superman if all you do is get mad over shows about space wizards.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
JJ Abrams new movie:

Star Wars 11: African Alien Sex party with Nazis and Furries

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SunAndSpring posted:

quote:

- The white female lead (Han Solo's daughter), will fall in love with the black lead character played by John Boyega (A PG sex scene is confirmed).

Star Episode VIII: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
John Boyega will really be the mIn character? Well that's pretty cool, I'm glad of it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Why does everyone hate soccer droid, it's adorable.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

The Peccadillo posted:

It really is though, except maybe for Grievous. Darth *anything* I can let slide since it turns out those are (Title)+(madeupbadguyname). Perhaps the only positive contribution the prequels and EU have given us.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Gorilla Salad posted:

New trailer released!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng

(not mine, found on youtube. Created by some mad genius)

lmao

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Why does everyone hate soccer droid, it's adorable.

Looks like 'old Bob' from the Black Hole.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

New trailer released!

:laffo:

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
J J Abrams made a good Star Trek reboot but ruined it with a half-assed sequel, so it's a good thing he's passing on the director's chair to the guy who made that lovely Breaking Bad episode about the fly.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I want Luke Skywalker to turn evil and/or crazy just so Mark Hamill can do his Joker voice in a major motion picture.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Apparently I'm a racist rear end in a top hat for not noticing/caring that there are no white dudes in the trailer because I'm trying to erase race thanks Internet.

Gutcruncher posted:

Why did Obi Wan Kenobi go into hiding under the alias Ben Kenobi? Luke guessed his identity within seconds, anyone could've figured it out.

Leia knew his pretend name based on her first meeting with Luke. Really? What good is it that the daughter of some guy you knew long ago knows where you hide and what your assumed identity is? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Obi wan didn't think this through.

Kenobi also didn't even bother changing Luke's last name, and put him with his real uncle and aunt. Guy didn't even try.

Frank Horrigan posted:

Darth Anything sucks unless you're Darth Vader.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Gorilla Salad posted:

New trailer released!

lol

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

burritolingus posted:

Kenobi also didn't even bother changing Luke's last name, and put him with his real uncle and aunt. Guy didn't even try.

It helps that Tatooine was supposed to be a backwater shithole in the middle of nowhere nobody would ever be unless they're a subsistence farmer or a lowlife drifter. Or wait, did Lucas intend for Darth Vader to be Luke's father by the first movie? Because that would make it a bit dumber, but again, even if he used to live there, Darth (remember that was his first name) might not have bothered sending anyone to check on his former family, perhaps assuming they just got eaten by the Tuscans.

But no, the EU has established that Tatooine is like, the single most important place in the universe where basically everyone cool shows up at one point or another.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 1, 2014

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

burritolingus posted:

Apparently I'm a racist rear end in a top hat for not noticing/caring that there are no white dudes in the trailer because I'm trying to erase race thanks Internet.

Darth Anything sucks unless you're Darth Vader.

I'm so liberal that I don't even see race so there.

Honestly though I didn't even notice it or think anything of it until people on the internet began pointing it out.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It helps that Tatooine was supposed to be a backwater shithole in the middle of nowhere nobody would ever be unless they're a subsistence farmer or a lowlife drifter. Or wait, did Lucas intend for Darth Vader to be Luke's father by the first movie? Because that would make it a bit dumber, but again, even if he used to live there, Darth (remember that was his first name) might not have bothered sending anyone to check on his former family, perhaps assuming they just got eaten by the Tuscans.

But no, the EU has established that Tatooine is like, the single most important place in the universe where basically everyone cool shows up at one point or another.

Kenobi is just bad at hiding.

If I remember right, Luke being Vader's son and Leia's brother weren't things Lucas intended while making the first movie. They're things he came up with much later.

I think the movies do a good enough job on their own establishing Tatooine as the center of the universe. It's visited in four out of six of the films, more than any other planet, and we'll probably go back to it for the new trilogy if what we saw was Tatooine.

Roy posted:

I'm so liberal that I don't even see race so there.

Honestly though I didn't even notice it or think anything of it until people on the internet began pointing it out.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 1, 2014

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
someone got a link to that giant manifesto where a guy explains the first three movies are propaganda films created by the sky walkers

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

burritolingus posted:

I think the movies do a good enough job on their own establishing Tatooine as the center of the universe. It's visited in four out of six of the films, more than any other planet, and we'll probably go back to it for the new trilogy if what we saw was Tatooine.

Five of the six, actually. Empire Strikes back is the only one where Tatooine never appears. Revenge of the Sith only has it for like a minute but its there.

By the way Empire Strikes Back is the best one. COINCIDENCE?!?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Every time I read something by this dude, I die a little on the inside.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
RedLetterMedia have released a reaction video that's about 7 times as long as the teaser trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBEdgPFoBjY

That's an awful lot of words for what amounts to "Eh, whatever :rolleyes: "

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Gutcruncher posted:

Five of the six, actually. Empire Strikes back is the only one where Tatooine never appears. Revenge of the Sith only has it for like a minute but its there.

By the way Empire Strikes Back is the best one. COINCIDENCE?!?

Oh poo poo, yeah, you're right. They shoved Tatooine right at the end of Revenge. They couldn't resist.

Tatooine is a loving sand trap Star Wars can't get out of.

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

burritolingus posted:

Oh poo poo, yeah, you're right. They shoved Tatooine right at the end of Revenge. They couldn't resist.

Tatooine is a loving sand trap Star Wars can't get out of.

"Desert" is the closest type of alien-looking landscape to LA.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Roy posted:

"Desert" is the closest type of alien-looking landscape to LA.

they film tatooine in tunisia fyi

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

they film tatooine in tunisia fyi

Some of it yes

As I just learned from the wiki, they also shot a bunch of scenes in Death Valley and the Yuma Desert. Several cuts from Tunisia are mixed in with cuts from the US in the same scenes.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

So why do I keep hearing people say that Stormtroopers are clones? Where in any of the films does it even suggest this? Even in the DVD cuts where they went out of their way to redub Boba Fett to sound like Jango Fett because hes a clone, they didnt redub the stormtroopers. Who started spreading this lie? The films themselves certainly didnt.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why did they even need a huge army of clones? Did the republic not have its own standing army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why did they even need a huge army of clones? Did the republic not have its own standing army?

1000 years of peace leaves you soft.

• Locked thread