Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

scaterry posted:

Crafting is dumb still and Ankama still needs to roll out their big crafting patch. Honestly, do craftsman for the key crafting, leather worker for the bags. bread is nice and you should learn how to do it since buying bread is a waste of money. everything else is kind of a huge timesink and moneysink of which you won't find returns until max level.

That's a relief. Where should I be looking up gear, then? And what are they planning to change in the patch, do we know?

scaterry posted:

I've started to favor HP regen over lifesteal since lifesteal isn't as reliable a heal per turn than the HP regen. At higher levels, you will have over 2000HP so having a 10% of lost hp as heal per turn is really good at keeping you in the fight. Lifesteal really falls off later.

Makes sense, I'll keep it there then. :)

I'm still a habitual harvester after playing a bunch of Elder Scrolls and EverQuest 2 - is it worth it to dump harvests on the sale board for the people who ARE doing all the involved crafting bullshit? I haven't even tried out the interface yet. But I already have huge amounts of some stuff like coal that I was grinding in order to unlock copper mining and get better returns on money-minting.

Also bought a pretty big smithmagic box for something like 800 and have been vaporizing old equipment and crappy loot (the stuff that doesn't go secondhand to my freebie knight guy) and stuffing powders in there. Going to experiment with those once I'm level 20, since some of the armor pieces in that tofu set have gem slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

mushroom_spore posted:

That's a relief. Where should I be looking up gear, then? And what are they planning to change in the patch, do we know?

Wakfu-elements is usually a good place to start. the Official Wakfu Encyclopedia has a good dearth of information as well.

also, of note, Do we have a guild on Nox?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

scaterry posted:

Wakfu-elements is usually a good place to start. the Official Wakfu Encyclopedia has a good dearth of information as well.

also, of note, Do we have a guild on Nox?

Pretty sure everyone is on the east asia server. super simple to swap to that.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Thanks, but I think I'm pretty settled on Nox. :) Now level 25, have made some pretend money (turns out harvests do sell) and spent a little real money to buy a couple of costumes on sale so I wouldn't have to look at my hideous mismatched noob gear anymore. I may make someone over there when I'm ready for a second character though.

Is there a point where outleveled mobs stop dropping items? My current random leveling goal is fighting crabs to see if I can't get the pet to drop, although there are another set of crabs at 50-60.

Ecaflip players: I'm coming up on 30, is Heads or Tails + All In a good selection from earth for an earth/water? I've been wrecking things with All In, it's suddenly my highest level spell.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

Thanks, but I think I'm pretty settled on Nox. :) Now level 25, have made some pretend money (turns out harvests do sell) and spent a little real money to buy a couple of costumes on sale so I wouldn't have to look at my hideous mismatched noob gear anymore. I may make someone over there when I'm ready for a second character though.

Is there a point where outleveled mobs stop dropping items? My current random leveling goal is fighting crabs to see if I can't get the pet to drop, although there are another set of crabs at 50-60.

Ecaflip players: I'm coming up on 30, is Heads or Tails + All In a good selection from earth for an earth/water? I've been wrecking things with All In, it's suddenly my highest level spell.

Go with the fleaches!! Or whatever it's called. It's an AOE attack that steals HP from enemies and gives it to you or any allies standing on the marked tiles. It does this multiple times per "round" depending on how many enemies are stuck in your trap.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Storgar posted:

Go with the fleaches!! Or whatever it's called. It's an AOE attack that steals HP from enemies and gives it to you or any allies standing on the marked tiles. It does this multiple times per "round" depending on how many enemies are stuck in your trap.

Oh, I definitely have that one, and the flea skill passive maxed. :buddy: The spell list I'm thinking of doing once I can respec is tongue and both flea powers from water, and HoT and AI from earth. We can still max 3 and 2, right?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

mushroom_spore posted:

25 takes only a couple hours to reach if you have a little help if you don't have a guild on Nox yet or anything.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

mushroom_spore posted:

Oh, I definitely have that one, and the flea skill passive maxed. :buddy: The spell list I'm thinking of doing once I can respec is tongue and both flea powers from water, and HoT and AI from earth. We can still max 3 and 2, right?

I suppose. I've seen people with crazy amounts of skill points, but I wouldn't know, I was only level 27 when I stopped playing... I just wanted to be a ditzy cat girl baker!! >w<

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
I'm happily playing on Nox... if anyone wants to join level 98 Sram for stupid poo poo, find Thisdesignsucks in game or bug me through Steam.

**I was really tired of the sugar-skull design bleeding through all but 2-3 costumes when I made the character.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
If you are on Nox and in need of some people to play with, add Keshatock in game. Thats my charecter, level 123 xelor.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Trying to report a bug in this game is possibly the worst tech support experience I've ever had...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SpiDeR posted:

Trying to report a bug in this game is possibly the worst tech support experience I've ever had...

Yeah that lil bug fillout form isn't exactly the greatest.

I'm seeing a lot of you guys are on Nox do we not have any presence on the euro servers I'm up to like almost 30 there now.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 26, 2014

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It's somewhere in the OP, Asia as region at least.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Is there anything like a decent 'Getting Started' guide anywhere? The tutorial did a decent enough job of teaching me how to do combat, but once I get dumped in the city I feel pretty overwhelmed by all the crap I start immediately picking up - I have no idea of knowing what's valuable, what's worth keeping, what's junk - hell, I don't even know where to go to sell the stuff.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I don't think there were any sale boards in the newbie town, but there are definitely sale boards in the main starter outpost of each nation. So for now you can probably just trash anything that's not used in newbie level key recipes or other simple low level stuff you can grind out at the crafting table of your choice. There are no NPCs who will buy your poo poo, only players.

Once you have a nation you should also look at the map and go activate the travel point nearest to a Runic Recycler. This is where you'll smash gear you don't want and can't sell into easily transported powders which you can then sell or use to make upgrades.

Also save some basic dropped gear for when you get your free sidekick at the end of the starter quests, if you don't have him already. You can get a second free sidekick on trial every week from the shop, and they will both need gear in order to not suck.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
There's a market board in Astrub, it's just a little north of the center crossroad. Sell things passively while you're logged out by throwing them up on a rack in your haven bag.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
The haven bag thing frustrates me due to not showing up on the sale board system (I also play EQ2, where selling things from your house still shows up like everything else). It feels like the sort of thing that gets implemented in games with no nation/game-wide market, except of course we have one of those and anything you post is 900% more likely to be found by people looking for it than selling from your bag.

Unless I've completely misunderstood how selling from the haven bag works. :buddy: But yeah, I forgot about it, a newbie in Astrub could roll the dice and park in a busy area overnight.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

mushroom_spore posted:

The haven bag thing frustrates me due to not showing up on the sale board system (I also play EQ2, where selling things from your house still shows up like everything else). It feels like the sort of thing that gets implemented in games with no nation/game-wide market, except of course we have one of those and anything you post is 900% more likely to be found by people looking for it than selling from your bag.

Unless I've completely misunderstood how selling from the haven bag works. :buddy: But yeah, I forgot about it, a newbie in Astrub could roll the dice and park in a busy area overnight.

The cross market board thing hasn't always been this way though. So before you had to go to a specific nation/city to get the popular/best deals. Also there is a fee to put things on the market place which depends on the length you put it up for. 1, 2 or 3 days.

Putting things for sale in your market board has no time limit, but also takes a fee depending on the tax of the region you put your haven bag up in. I think this fee used to be frontloaded (which is when people used to fill their haven bag slots in tax-free zones i.e. Mines) but is now done on PoS? Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So I haven't run into any goons yet in the Suggested OP server. I'm thinking of just going to Nox and playing with the people there.

Really enjoying playing an Enutrof. I have no idea how my lil pet is supposed to work though. IT mentions different forms etc but as far as I can tell its still just a tiny little poo poo that can only move one space.

Also Amakama or whatever it is is a great starting nation.

Fresh baked bread and root beer is completely my kind of deal.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Al Borland posted:

So I haven't run into any goons yet in the Suggested OP server. I'm thinking of just going to Nox and playing with the people there.

Really enjoying playing an Enutrof. I have no idea how my lil pet is supposed to work though. IT mentions different forms etc but as far as I can tell its still just a tiny little poo poo that can only move one space.

Also Amakama or whatever it is is a great starting nation.

Fresh baked bread and root beer is completely my kind of deal.

You get the bigger forms if you invest in the active for it. You can play around with the spell levels in tooltip to see when the name changes and what spells it will unlock at what level.

(If you don't know about class actives/passives remember that there is a SECOND TAB that is class specific to spend your other points you get from lvl up on)

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dackel posted:

You get the bigger forms if you invest in the active for it. You can play around with the spell levels in tooltip to see when the name changes and what spells it will unlock at what level.

(If you don't know about class actives/passives remember that there is a SECOND TAB that is class specific to spend your other points you get from lvl up on)

That'd explain it. What server are you on btw?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Al Borland posted:

That'd explain it. What server are you on btw?

Wakfu Asia, but I kinda stopped playing for now :ohdear: I should start popping in irc again

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dackel posted:

Wakfu Asia, but I kinda stopped playing for now :ohdear: I should start popping in irc again

Also still not sure how to spend points. LIke I see a bar I can drag up to lvl 9 for it but no real idea how that works. What level do you start to get points to spend on it?

e:

Also Im just thinking Nox may be better for english speakers, but is there any kind of place i can look at server populations for comparison? Obviously I don't want to go there if it is a ghost town.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 29, 2014

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Al Borland posted:

Also still not sure how to spend points. LIke I see a bar I can drag up to lvl 9 for it but no real idea how that works. What level do you start to get points to spend on it?

e:

Also Im just thinking Nox may be better for english speakers, but is there any kind of place i can look at server populations for comparison? Obviously I don't want to go there if it is a ghost town.

For passives: every point increase costs 5. At 20 (max) this would be 100 points to max 1 passive

For actives: every 3 points increases the cost by 5 starting with 5. So 1 2 3 costs 5 each, 4 5 6 costs 10 each, 7 8 9 costs 15 each. At 9 (max) this would be 90 points to max 1 active

This makes managing actives a bit more important than managing passives, even though mostly it's still about "max this first, then this, then this". However there are enough 1 point wonders around, and some actives in particular can be kept at specific levels (e.g. some actives already have their max effect at lv8 but gain 1 range at 9 which could be negligible) most notably 3 or 6 since that's the "cheap" cutoffs before the point increase.

Most passives will always be all or nothing, but some are flexible (e.g. the Mine passive, how many guaranteed closeby/gold mines can you live with)

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I installed the client, logged into the asian server, ran around on it, found nothing but a town full of an out of control feral cat population and tumbleweeds. Logged out, logged into Nox, place is swarming with pubbies. This is probably a time zone thing; I wish there was a server population by time chart available on their site so I could better see which servers have people when I'm likely to be playing.

As a side note, the US steam bundle is better than the asian bundle (15,000 funbux instead of 9,000) and the US store has sales going on that the asian does not, as well as integration with the Krosmaster tabletop game for those who are playing it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Yeah im thinking of getting some stuff during the steam sale this is why I need to decide.

E:
'
I posted on the forums people seem to say Phae is the best. I'm leveled on it a bit I've got like 30k kamas from selling coal so I may stay.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, Nox is packed unless you're hopping on to check your sales at really wild hours of the morning (insomnia is a hell of a drug).

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

mushroom_spore posted:

Yeah, Nox is packed unless you're hopping on to check your sales at really wild hours of the morning (insomnia is a hell of a drug).

That's kind of good to hear. It is a tough choice but I think I may go to Nox just because less of a language barrier.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Anyone noticed the invisible Windows navigation bar icon?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Tonight Gourmand Batard shovels to his fortune!

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So I rolled up on the Asian server since I wanted to jump right in after reading the OP, but I've barely played at all, and wouldn't really object to switching to Nox if its where the active players are. If I want to connect to that server, I assume steam is the way to go, rather than the Asian downloaded client?

PS: this is one of the only MMOs that works actually well without a mouse and trying to use my Surface's stylus, so it will always have a place installed.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
As the OP I would in fact suggest rolling on Nox or Remington over Phaeris in spite of what we typed previously. All of our stuff is heavily entrenched on Phaeris but no one logs in and we're all pretty burnt out, whereas Nox is full of optimistic fresh blood who won't tell you the reality of how terrible the game is when you've been playing it for years.

There was once an old goon guild on Remington but it is nowhere near as wealthy as the Phaeris one.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

As the OP I would in fact suggest rolling on Nox or Remington over Phaeris in spite of what we typed previously. All of our stuff is heavily entrenched on Phaeris but no one logs in and we're all pretty burnt out, whereas Nox is full of optimistic fresh blood who won't tell you the reality of how terrible the game is when you've been playing it for years.

There was once an old goon guild on Remington but it is nowhere near as wealthy as the Phaeris one.

Let us seek our fortune on Nox then my brothers!

We'll do what we can under the City of Amakna or whatever it is. They have fresh baked bread and root beer! That's the selling point for me.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am on Nox and amenable to guilding up with the goons.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Made my guy hes still in the tutorial so I'm gonna just chill for a bit and deal with it tomorrow probably busy and not at home today.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

I've rerolled my guy to Nox, and am in as Inkmoth. I'm still only like level 7, so I'm not exactly sure yet what we need in order to form a goon guild. I'll see if anyone in IRC knows if we already have one, and if not, how we can make one.

I'm strongly considering getting the discounted starter pack on steam - if I did, do any of the old hands have any recommendations on how to spend the funbux that come in the package?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

inkmoth posted:

I've rerolled my guy to Nox, and am in as Inkmoth. I'm still only like level 7, so I'm not exactly sure yet what we need in order to form a goon guild. I'll see if anyone in IRC knows if we already have one, and if not, how we can make one.

I'm strongly considering getting the discounted starter pack on steam - if I did, do any of the old hands have any recommendations on how to spend the funbux that come in the package?

The best things to buy back when I played was at least one of the 'pay' sidekicks, maybe two. If you're a non-healer, grab a healer probably, if you happen to be a healer, someone like the shadow or fire one is probably the best. I was able to solo Gobballs dungeon at level 15ish with just Lumino (a healer sidekick) and the Astrub Knight, using a Cra. It's a bit of a pain to keep them geared up, but totally worth it for the ability to solo dungeons.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 1, 2014

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
I'd tell you to hold onto 90% of the stuff that's there... if you actually get down with the grinding of levels for the 90 days, you'll practically be 80-90% max level after someone "helps" you through the beginning of the game by sharing some of the daily quests from upper-level zones. Almost everything from that set is worth in-game kamas to other players... the steam costume, the phoenix, even the furniture (though not much). Don't eat those week-long potions. Be careful of the potions because apparently eating some 1-time candy can overwrite the week-long potion. I know that statement could make you paranoid, but I'd say in a month in when you know more about everything would be a good time. I'm on Nox as Thisdesignsucks and on Steam if you want to hang out.

Sidekicks being on sale ATM is nice, but you may vaguely need to know to play your dude before shelling out hobo dollars for more guys. Apparently no longer on sale.

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 1, 2014

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Some people are reporting that the sale prices aren't showing when they click on the store, but from the in game client I just now bought Krosmoglob at the discounted rate. It's a cute ball floaty thing with nukes and heals, I figure that I can find some good use for it regardless of character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

I'm still seeing some slight discounts in the store in-game. I'm tempted to get the floaty ball of heals as well, as I imagine summoners could make good use of that. Does anyone actually know what the virulent rose-thing does? It seems from a page I found on the official site she's a tank/DD, but I'm curious if any goons have used her.

• Locked thread