Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
So I was watering that plant on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon, but I beat the dungeon while waiting the last time. I went back and... nothing? Did I miss something by finishing the dungeon before this happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Just got my first game over to a ridiculous string of bad luck: Two Balances and a Hablerie on Third Floor of the first labyrinth, Mind Charge on first turn, then two ma-spells up the nose. And of course, Naoto had to miss with Hama. Twice. :suicide:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

In dungeon 3 floor 2 there's a long hallway with two babies and a piano room. I felt really satisfied solving that puzzle by just murdering the hell out of those rear end in a top hat babies.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Pash posted:

So I was watering that plant on the 3rd floor of the first dungeon, but I beat the dungeon while waiting the last time. I went back and... nothing? Did I miss something by finishing the dungeon before this happened?

You did but it's just an accessory you can buy in the shop.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In dungeon 3 floor 2 there's a long hallway with two babies and a piano room. I felt really satisfied solving that puzzle by just murdering the hell out of those rear end in a top hat babies.

The babies are pretty easy but I think that puzzle was actually the best one in that labyrinth. All the others are just switch pressing puzzles or logic problems with vague instructions and red herrings thrown in. I prefer the puzzles where you have to manipulate the FOEs into doing what you want them to do.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zurai posted:

You did but it's just an accessory you can buy in the shop.

The babies are pretty easy but I think that puzzle was actually the best one in that labyrinth. All the others are just switch pressing puzzles or logic problems with vague instructions and red herrings thrown in. I prefer the puzzles where you have to manipulate the FOEs into doing what you want them to do.

I was trying to get the first one near the piano door but ended up trapped in a corner and had to kill the first one. Second one showed up and I was just like EH and fought it anyway.

Edit: So I'm in the southeast part of floor 2 and not getting this button thing.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Dec 1, 2014

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was trying to get the first one near the piano door but ended up trapped in a corner and had to kill the first one. Second one showed up and I was just like EH and fought it anyway.

Edit: So I'm in the southeast part of floor 2 and not getting this button thing.

boy, those dolls, man. sure are a lot of them in such a small space. i wonder what the deal is with that?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Inflammatory posted:

boy, those dolls, man. sure are a lot of them in such a small space. i wonder what the deal is with that?

Yeah it just clicked with me :cripes:

I didn't get the light part.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I guess I probably should have finished this meat jelly quest before because I can't remember anything about it. Time to accuse people at random and reload when it doesn't work!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

theo

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

This game lets you make QR codes for personas to share. Here's the Shiisaa I've been using on my navigator until now:

I think it costs like 30k?

Also I'm pretty sure Japanese QR codes don't work, or at least the ones I tried didn't.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That works as well, thanks. And while I'm getting help, what persona has an agility binding move? I need some snakeskin.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Manatee Cannon posted:

That works as well, thanks. And while I'm getting help, what persona has an agility binding move? I need some snakeskin.

Easiest way to get it is to level an ukobach, it gets it at like level 6.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
♫And whenever you go cold beef there's a shiiiiny butt raper♫

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Armor-Piercing posted:

This game lets you make QR codes for personas to share. Here's the Shiisaa I've been using on my navigator until now:

I think it costs like 30k?

Also I'm pretty sure Japanese QR codes don't work, or at least the ones I tried didn't.

This is a pro click. Although Snake Glare is drat near a requirement for my Navigator. Enemy Advantage is BS.

Manatee Cannon posted:

You can get a claw for Teddie in that floor of the labyrinth that has a chance to agi bind. Convenient enough for me.

e: Here's an Oni I put on Kanji. Great for smashing poo poo.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 1, 2014

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you really want to wreck poo poo, Myriad Arrows is the closest thing I've found to a Hassou Tobi equivalent. 6-8 random hits is as great as you'd expect for bosses, especially if you can get off an agility bind. :v:

e: I found out that panicked enemies can't actually dodge, and after a Dragon Cry, Myriad Arrows from Kanji finished off the Burning Beetle equivalent in the fourth labyrinth in one turn. :stare:

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Dec 1, 2014

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I have the biggest drat smile on my face right now. The boss of the second labyrinth might just be my favorite boss in the series.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is there something special i should be doing with persona dropped from FOEs?

they don't have many skills and sub personas don't matter statwise so most don't seem very useful

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
If they don't fuse into anything good, just use them in a Sacrifice spread for hella experience.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Cake Attack posted:

is there something special i should be doing with persona dropped from FOEs?

they don't have many skills and sub personas don't matter statwise so most don't seem very useful
Use them for sacrifice fusions to level up your actually important personas.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

okay whats a sacrifice spread? don't seem to have that option yet

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Then just keep going and trash them if they don't fuse into anything good. It'll unlock after a while.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Anybody have a QR code for Raiju? It's one of the low-level personas I haven't been able to register/fuse yet. (I WANT THOSE COMPENDIUM DISCOUNTS, DAMMIT)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My team has hilariously gravitated towards P4 Protagonist, P3 Protagonist, Shinjiro, Naoto and Mitsuru, which basically feels like "Team The Competent Ones" which cutscenes are happening.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

please let Kanji pet you, Koromaru

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Links get insanely strong once you get double link and golden link combined together, god drat. What's up with Kanji's base stats though, he has almost half as much strength as the other strength focused characters with no major loss of other stats.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
His agility is much lower than other attacks, but I can't remember if agility only determines attack order and dodge, or if it also determines your chance to hit. His SP is also the second lowest overall. His strength growth is great, but he does pay for it in some areas at least.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Characters are not even remotely balanced in this game. Compare Yukari and Junpei to Mitsuru and Akihiko, they get clobbered.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Fenris13 posted:

His agility is much lower than other attacks, but I can't remember if agility only determines attack order and dodge, or if it also determines your chance to hit. His SP is also the second lowest overall. His strength growth is great, but he does pay for it in some areas at least.

His awful SP would mean more if even physical sub-personae couldn't reasonably afford to use his innate matarukaja twice before going too far into his actual SP reserves, and he doesn't seem to miss much more than anyone else.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Einwand posted:

Links get insanely strong once you get double link and golden link combined together, god drat. What's up with Kanji's base stats though, he has almost half as much strength as the other strength focused characters with no major loss of other stats.

You mean twice as much? I think Kanji has like 40 strength in my game compared to the next highest stat of anyone being sub 30. His agility and luck are garbage is the thing. Looking real quick, at level 19 Kanji has 46 strength, 27 endurance, and then the rest are below 15.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
How do links work? I don't think it's ever been explained in game.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

theshim posted:

Characters are not even remotely balanced in this game. Compare Yukari and Junpei to Mitsuru and Akihiko, they get clobbered.

Junpei's description outright says he's not the best stat-wise, so they're at least aware of it.

Manatee Cannon posted:

You mean twice as much? I think Kanji has like 40 strength in my game compared to the next highest stat of anyone being sub 30. His agility and luck are garbage is the thing. Looking real quick, at level 90 Kanji has 46 strength, 27 endurance, and then the rest are below 15.

Uh, my Kanji is at level 52 at the moment, and he has no stat below 26.

Neeksy posted:

Links will automatically follow up the next party member to attack the same turn. Of course, nothing will happen if the one using the Link attack acts last.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Uh, my Kanji is at level 52 at the moment, and he has no stat below 26.

That was a typo, I was just correcting it. He's level 19.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Neeksy posted:

Links basically proc extra attacks. Say Minato uses Frost link, then the next person to attack will proc an extra attack from Minato. You can improve the damage and hits of the links with more skills as you get them, and that's when they really start to shine.

e: how much better is Mitsuru over Yukari? Yukari is doing just fine for me as my ailments/heal bot because of how ridiculous poison is.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

That was a typo, I was just correcting it. He's level 19.

You edit both too fast and too slow. :mad:

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Neeksy posted:

If someone hits the target you used the initial link attack on after they use it on that turn, they get an extra hit in at a much higher strength than the initial hit. As the other guy said, they're not too impressive until you pick up double link and further link related passives, at which point it starts scaling really well.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Why do objects on my map have red lines on them?

is this supposed to happen?

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

SC Bracer posted:

Links basically proc extra attacks. Say Minato uses Frost link, then the next person to attack will proc an extra attack from Minato. You can improve the damage and hits of the links with more skills as you get them, and that's when they really start to shine.

Just to clarify, you get the extra attack the next time a party member hits the same enemy that was hit by the Link skill.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

SC Bracer posted:

e: how much better is Mitsuru over Yukari? Yukari is doing just fine for me as my ailments/heal bot because of how ridiculous poison is.

I don't really understand the point of poison. Trash mobs wipe too quickly for it to have much effect, and for bosses/FOEs, panic seems like a much better ailment, since it cripples their ability to attack and makes them unable to dodge any attack.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Neeksy posted:

Links cause you to make an additional attack if another of your party hits the same enemy after you. Double Link and its upgrades increase the number of additional attacks you get for additional people hitting the same target. To use it best, you want your linker to be the fastest attacker in the party (or have Beast's Cry/Dragon's Roar).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Has anyone seen a curse circle spell? I need it for my faux arcanist Naoto.

• Locked thread