Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

No way lower class people in Missouri buy Coors, Nike or McDonalds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judd Crandall
Jan 23, 2005

Bust a move all over your face!
So they're mad at the black players, but not at the white refs for making the same statement all day? Seems legit.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I honestly want to know how a human being can be that tone deaf.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Eifert Posting posted:

Just do exactly what those people do: Whenever something comes out that you don't like or don't agree with, shove your fingers into your ears and scream "LALALALALALALALALALA NOT LISTENING! NOT LISTENING!" until the horrible thing goes away.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Eifert Posting posted:

American race relations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

They unironically listen to this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8nY06Pt8Qw

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Good thing that the St. Louis PD won't have to worry about them soon.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Just got back from Baltimore and that sort of sucked. I'd like to complain about how horrible the refs were and the way it negatively effected the game, because they were incompetent in new and interesting ways, but The Chargers dealt with the same exact poo poo so it likely didn't make the difference in the game. That ticky-tacky roughing the passer call on ... Weddle I think was particularly egregious . This was a really excruciating loss just because so many little things could have made it a big win.

Harbaugh has never been great at clock management but this year he decided that saving time outs is for pussies, which oddly enough factored into a one point game.

Pees sucks. Obviously your pass defense has been awful all game so playing prevent while Rivers has 2 1/2 minutes to stroll down the field is maybe a little less than bright. I have no idea why you wouldn't play to get the turnover on downs early so that if you fail there will likely be enough time left on the clock to do something about it.

I figured we were going to lose at least one between the Chargers and Saints but it would have been nice not to lose a game that we led for 59 minutes and 22 seconds.

Hopefully Marlon Brown will be healthy for the Dolphins next week as he was playing the best game of his career before his brains got scrambled.

The worst part of all of it was how essential Keenan Allen and Matt Elam were to the Chargers victory. You dumb Ozzie, I don't like you no more.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 1, 2014

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Falcons, Bitch!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Oh yay we finally won a game, hopefully we can continue this on into next wee

quote:

The Raiders (1-11) took their second-worst defeat in the franchise's 54-year history, falling just shy of a 55-0 whipping at the hands of the Houston Oilers in 1961 in the AFL. That was the Raiders' second season.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

No way lower class people in Missouri buy Coors, Nike or McDonalds.

um, the violent thugs the Rams players are giving credibility to obviously steal those things.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
gently caress

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Blitz7x posted:

gently caress

#57 just made the list of every cop in Missouri

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hmm yes Ferguson protesters never gave one red cent to the NFL

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lets have politics in all facets of life

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

African AIDS cum posted:

agreed

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

African AIDS cum posted:

"let's have all facets of life in all facets of life" :confused:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

this, but unironically because it's already the case

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"please don't get politics in my sports" is like willful submission to panem et circenses

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Can we not talk about this thing that is effecting like 60% of the players in the league? Thanks.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

African AIDS cum posted:

Do you not live in modern America? It's suffocating and inescapable. Plus asking the black community of St. Louis to not comment on the bizarre dichotomy that exists in the way black athletes are treated on and off the field during a time of racial tension is a big ask.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
gently caress that dumb game. It was a piss poor performance no doubt about it, but christ did things not go our way. That shanked punt turnover, immediate interception following finally getting the Broncos to punt (an actual punt, not that bullshit fake following a penalty), Avery's first catch in months being a fumble. gently caress.

This season is such a rollcoaster of performances. Laying the egg against Tennessee, keeping close in some tough losses then blowing out the Patriots and going on a win streak, only to lose to the loving 0-10 Raiders. Playoffs might be out of reach now with Arizona, Pittsburgh and San Diego still on the schedule.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

"please don't get politics in my sports" is like willful submission to panem et circenses

The Mariners flew the LGBT flag once on a pride day, and was met with "I support Gays, but..." so yeah this country can't handle a political issue at all during a sporting event.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

welp, looks like we're going to have to keep that 0 in the "Number of times thug was used about a white person" category

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Alright you guys are all progressive and ~~aware~~ of the issues unlike the other dumb plebs can we move on now.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I do love that the St. Louis PD want to boycott a team already on their way out of the city. Yea that'll show them! Let them suffer in their larger media market.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Politics. Nice.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

Cuban food is the best. Cuban coffee and hoagies. :swoon:

It was probably too much to hope the Chiefs could beat Denver, huh?

Cuban Sandwiches are the god drat greatest thing

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

the Texans won and Troop Beverly Hills is gonna be on Netflix tomorrow
a good weekend

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Alright you guys are all progressive and ~~aware~~ of the issues unlike the other dumb plebs can we move on now.

We are laughing at a dumb thing.

It is kind of half of what we do around here.

chill out bro.

Also that line wasn't clever the first time someone posted it, it isn't gonna be clever the five thousandth time either.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Bucs defense is improving enough that they might foolishly win 1-2 games before the season ends and gently caress themselves out of the Mariota sweepstakes. Thankfully we play the Packers and Lions as 2 of the next 4 so realistically our only possible wins are Panthers and Saints with the Saints likely competing for division title during the last week of the season.

Try not to horribly disappoint me again Bucs. Just lose these last few games and pick a QB not named Jameis.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Do you not live in modern America? It's suffocating and inescapable. Plus asking the black community of St. Louis to not comment on the bizarre dichotomy that exists in the way black athletes are treated on and off the field during a time of racial tension is a big ask.
I just want a nice football sunday free of identity politics and clickbait journalism whatever is going on, a state of http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheia

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

I just want a nice football sunday free of identity politics and clickbait journalism whatever is going on, a state of http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheia

If you wanted a controversy-free week of football, you should have known the second the Rice suspension news broke that it just wasn't happening this year

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

Live overseas and get the awesome gamepass the NFL only offers to other countries. I had great football days when I lived in Germany. No politics, no commercials, just pure unadulterated football.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Andy Reid needs an antihistamine or something in this press conference.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

African AIDS cum posted:

Go in cryogenic freeze every time Red Zone isn't on.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Politics. Nice.

African AIDS cum posted:

:dogout:

Expecting that a local team would be silent on the manner is dumb as hell. Packers players were talking about it before traveling to St. Louis before their preseason game.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Alex Smith is boring and average and he's going to cockblock the Chiefs from being a contender as long as he's there.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

commy gun posted:

Alex Smith is boring and average and he's going to cockblock the Chiefs from being a contender as long as he's there.

RG3 would be great in KC if Andy can salvage him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

How about no more division matchups on Sunday night ever.

• Locked thread