Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Don't eject a game cartridge while it is saving. Come on John everyone knows this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

sup

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

sup

fake edit: clicking on the tree seems to pop up some of the gamzee shopkeeper dialog, lol

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
I like how it's so blatantly ripped from the Gamzee flashes if you click where the clown would be the old dialogue pops up like he's there.

E: f;b

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

so is the text supposed to be the exact same as gamzee's, or/?????

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ahha click to the right of the buttons, you can tell this was template made

edit: gently caress, beaten

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
sup

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

guys. guys. this is page 9001. does it mean anything?????????

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

CuddlyZombie posted:

sup

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CuddlyZombie posted:

It's unfortunately not, that's just the url. Right now we're on story page #7098.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

LOWAS seems barren and sad now. :(

Maybe whatever broke Roxy made all the salamanders disappear too. :v:

EDIT: Looks like Hussie fixed the Gamzee poo poo. Sup.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I'm guessing Roxy's denizen told her to grab Terezi and hitch a ride on John's planet-wide retcon.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
What is the name of this song? "Elevators covered in blood"?

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

There are a lot of Homestuck fans who know more about Homestuck through looking at cosplay/fanart on tumblr/Instagram than from reading it. I get the feeling that a lot of Homestuck's fanbase is younger women who were brought into it because of the entire troll/romance thing. And there is very little of interest in that regard as far as Problem Sleuth goes. I mean, can you imagine a debate about who to ship Ace Dick with?

You can actually a hell of a lot of Honeybee Professor/Wasp Professor slash if you're willing to look.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So Math posted:

I'm guessing Roxy's denizen told her to grab Terezi and hitch a ride on John's planet-wide retcon.

He hasn't done the retcon yet.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

He hasn't done the retcon yet.

This John doesn't seem to know who Roxy is so it seems like it is a different timeline/universe/canonicity john.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I started playing the Roxy portion and my boyfriend overheard it. He's pretty sure the Meowing is from Mario Paint music mixer. That's NEAT.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Mazerunner posted:

This John doesn't seem to know who Roxy is so it seems like it is a different timeline/universe/canonicity john.

I think our timelines/canonicities/realities are pretty tangled now, like a big ball of string.

...that must mean that Nepeta is ready to pounce!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Note Block posted:

I started playing the Roxy portion and my boyfriend overheard it. He's pretty sure the Meowing is from Mario Paint music mixer. That's NEAT.

The meow from Mario paint shows up in a couple of homestuck songs (it's also in "The Lording").

So I guess this is like a gliched session now, the cartridge got knocked out and now everything is all screwy.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

The way I read it was that John knew who Roxy was (of course) but didn't know why she was on the planet, rather than doing the Denizen-talk she was supposed to.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Note Block posted:

It is, there's a remix of one of Nepeta's songs (Walls Covered in Blood DX, from the Alternia album) that's done in Mario Paint.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah, I thought that too. This is meant to be our regular old John, on his way after clearing out the muck, and he just wasn't expecting to bump into Roxy. Roxy seems a little broken here for some reason, though - possibly popping the expansion pack back in is causing errors?

Did anyone think the grey background of the comic appears to be filling in as the sky for a lot of these shots? That plus the fireflies all over the screen makes it feel like the game world's become accidentally enmeshed with the comic's interface, like John could just fly out of panel now if he wanted and on to the rest of the website.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 1, 2014

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
maybe john dispersed roxy and terezi along with the oil.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
That's awesome guys, I never knew that!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Mazerunner posted:

Not necessarily. The narrative text always talks like this. It's entirely possible John knows very well who she is, and is just going to ask how she got to his planet.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

sup

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Can John disperse abstract concepts this way, or just, like, stuff? Because if it's the former, he could do something like grab all of the amassed Serket luck and spread it across Paradox Space.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

But luck doesn't actually matter.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The ending to Homestuck will encompass all of Hussie's past works, which will include making edits to the rest of the MSPaint Adventures and also delve into the Paradox Space webcomics. Calling it now.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

The ending to Homestuck is a live action movie of John waking up in the real world. We will become the Homestuck.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Does that look like Hussiebot's arm fiddling with the cartridge?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Does that look like Hussiebot's arm fiddling with the cartridge?

It's lil Seb.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If you hover your mouse over the fireflies they start fading in and out. Roxy's doing some voidey thing here I'm sure.

sup

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
sup

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

sup

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm pretty sure John knows who Roxy is, it's just a joke on what they did earlier with Gamzee and Jane only less intricate.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Maybe Dirk gave lil Seb some programming and he's been a sleeper agent all this time?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
"whoops I mean girl" has got that bloody eminem song stuck in my head again.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
sup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

sup