Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

The Shortest Path posted:

In my OR Nuzlocke I'm not sure what to give my Vileplume for moves. It's my only Cut user so far, so it has that and Giga Drain, but then I'm not sure whether it should have Sleep Powder + Sludge Bomb, or Toxic + Venoshock.

I plan on reworking it to have Sunny Day and Solar Beam once I get the TMs for that and access to the Move Deleter, assuming I still have her by then, but for now it needs a better poison move than Acid.

If you're lockeing then there's no reason to risk Toxicshock. Sleep Powder at any given opportunity is a must. Also if you can get rid of Cut at any point then get Dazzling Gleam on it (I think it still gets that?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Reoxygenation posted:

Are there still Diancie codes floating around

I hate to beg but I live in a shithole and never got to get my hands on one

get on ebay and someone will sell you a code for :10bux:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Bongo Bill posted:

You end up choice-locked this way, however. It's riskier, but more productive, to hit 'em with paralysis before switching in - plus, your copy can still use its item slot.

True. I figured a dragon type move would be a safe option to lock yourself in with, but then I remembered fairy immunity would really take the wind out of your sails.

How does Imposter work if both parties switch? I'd rather not send in a Ditto to mimic their dragon and end up getting turned into a Scizor instead.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

E: ^ Impostor happens after both of the switches, I believe. If not, then you'll copy the old pokemon after you switch only if you switch first, which is dependent on the speed of the pokemon that are switching out.

The Steak Justice posted:

If you're lockeing then there's no reason to risk Toxicshock. Sleep Powder at any given opportunity is a must. Also if you can get rid of Cut at any point then get Dazzling Gleam on it (I think it still gets that?)

It does, yeah. The TM comes a bit later, but it's gonna end up with that, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, and Sleep Powder as its final set once I get around to acquiring all those, I think, because SB is ludicrously strong for the water gym and clorophyl keeps it ahead of some of the faster crap later in the game.

If I had kept it an oddish until 43 it would have gotten Moonblast, but uh... no.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 1, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hi did someone say Diancie code?

A4AZ3937MPXNDGE7
A4AZ38MD3TWFGFGC

Edit: First one taken, second one wrong

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 1, 2014

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You redeem that in the Mystery Gift, right?

Also you should spoiler them.

EDIT: I was able to grab the first one, thank you very much.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 1, 2014

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ChaosArgate posted:

Hi did someone say Diancie code?

A4AZ3937MPXNDGE7
A4AZ38MD3TWFGFGC

First is taken, second is 'incorrect', might want to double-check the code.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

First is taken, second is 'incorrect', might want to double-check the code.

Oh, my bad. I didn't scratch it all away.

A4AZ38MD3TWFGFGG

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hey, I realised why Rhydon can learn Surf! So you can rhyd on him! :unsmigghh:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

McDragon posted:

Hey, I realised why Rhydon can learn Surf! So you can rhyd on him! :unsmigghh:

Ha ha ha!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh, my bad. I didn't scratch it all away.

A4AZ38MD3TWFGFGG

Awesome, got it, thanks! All the Gamestops in my area ran out of the code on the first day, so this is super cool.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

McDragon posted:

Rhydon can learn Surf!

:eyepop:

I've never realized that he can learn it, holy poo poo.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009
Ok, so if I knock out groudon and fight it again after the elite 4 will its ivs/nature reset? The unskippable cutscene stuff is too long the first time around.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Sucks for Reoxygenation :C

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

:eyepop:

I've never realized that he can learn it, holy poo poo.

There's a dude in the Dance Hall in Ecruteak back in Gen 2 that tells you this. :v: I like to think of it as Game Freak's reminder that Pokemon can sometimes learn moves you'd never expect them to know.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yes, everything is re-generated for the new fight. You could also use a Synchronize pokemon for the first fight, but that doesn't help IVs.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Golurk learning Fly is still my favorite example of that. Why yes, I WOULD like to fly around on my giant robo-golem, thank you Gamefreak.

TastyAvocado
Dec 9, 2009

Yes, everything is re-generated for the new fight. You could also use a Synchronize pokemon for the first fight, but that doesn't help IVs.

Thanks, actually ended up getting an almost perfect adamant one on my second try, 29-31 on everything except mediocre 18-19 special defense (I was using synchronize).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Glad to hear it. I'm hoping to get one just like that as well once I get to that point, I plan on making a cartridge Ubers team just for funsies.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TastyAvocado posted:

Ok, so if I knock out groudon and fight it again after the elite 4 will its ivs/nature reset? The unskippable cutscene stuff is too long the first time around.

Yea, I knocked him out as well. Will make resetting easier.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Rhydon is cooler than Rhyperior, and Rhyhorn is cooler than both of them combined.

How Ingratiating!
Sep 7, 2011

Infinite ammo vs. CYBER PUNCH!!

Kooriken posted:

So, what is everyone's favorite mega? Mine's Gallade. The cape flourish when it Megavolves is just so nice. I also like Mega Metagross because let's face it giant mecha spiders are awesome.
Mega DEATH BEE

Look at all those stingers. They belong in FACES.

quote:

Ditto talk
I run Imposter Ditto and have seen a couple things regarding switches. If Ditto is forced into battle from stuff like Roar or Whirlwind, its ability still goes off. If you switch Ditto in after U-Turn or Volt Switch, however, it will not auto-transform into the opposing Pokemon.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

What am I supposed to do after the elite four? I was watching tv and clicking through and it was something about a space launch, and I went to slateport and was told to go to where I first met wallace. I don't remember I thought it was in a cave on a bridge but the only cave I can think of is meteor falls and he's not here, and my tickets won't get me on the SS boat or the rocketship so I'm stuck. I'm completely stuck in a game for children because I didn't read.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Krinkle posted:

What am I supposed to do after the elite four? I was watching tv and clicking through and it was something about a space launch, and I went to slateport and was told to go to where I first met wallace. I don't remember I thought it was in a cave on a bridge but the only cave I can think of is meteor falls and he's not here, and my tickets won't get me on the SS boat or the rocketship so I'm stuck. I'm completely stuck in a game for children because I didn't read.
I believe you meet Wallace at the Cave of Origin, in Sootopolis.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
So Ubers is officially now a real tier, as opposed to a banlist tier. Instead, a new banlist tier, called "Anything Goes", has been created to hold things banned from Ubers; Mega Rayquaza has already been banned from Ubers and relegated to that new tier.

Personally, I find it more heinous that despite all the weird historical tiers and gimmicks, Smogon hasn't brought back the 200 play meta in honor of the Hoenn remakes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

How Ingratiating! posted:

Mega DEATH BEE

Look at all those stingers. They belong in FACES.

Mega Lopunny is Actually Just Cammy and is super powerful and cool.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kooriken posted:

So, what is everyone's favorite mega? Mine's Gallade. The cape flourish when it Megavolves is just so nice. I also like Mega Metagross because let's face it giant mecha spiders are awesome.

I like a lot of the Megas, actually.

But my favorites would have to be Mega Mawile and Mega Lopunny because they're just the most adorable things ever. :3:

Krinkle posted:

I'm assuming you mean Steven.

In any event, assuming that you're on the Delta Episode, you should go to Petalburg first. If nothing happens there, try Rustboro, and then the cave north of Dewford Town.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

In any event, assuming that you're on the Delta Episode, you should go to Petalburg first. If nothing happens there, try Rustboro, and then the cave north of Dewford Town.

Yeah, son of a bitch. That cave. Thank you. I didn't even think to check islands I just knew it was a cave somewhere.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Kooriken posted:

:sparkles: Ampharos :sparkles:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Doctor Bees is my favorite mega, no question.

Luke and Kanga are tied for a distant second.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

Mega Flygon. No I won't let it go.

I agree that there are a lot of cool type combos that haven't been attempted yet that really should be out there. Like Fairy/Fighting, Ice/Fire, Poison/Steel, Electric/Grass, Fire/Grass, and the like.

We already got Electric/Grass last gen (V).

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007

Geostomp posted:

Mega Flygon. No I won't let it go.

I agree that there are a lot of cool type combos that haven't been attempted yet that really should be out there. Like Fairy/Fighting, Ice/Fire, Poison/Steel, Electric/Grass, Fire/Grass, and the like.

I still think that there should be a toucan grass/flying type.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I DexNav'd up a Spinda with Psycho Cut and then gave it Power-up Punch from a TM and now this drunken panda is DESTROYING EVERYTHING

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Mischitary posted:

I still think that there should be a toucan grass/flying type.

You get a banana dinosaur instead. Enjoy.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
There should be more Poison combinations. And a Poison legendary not called Arceus, it's way overdue. Fairy gets a cover legendary in its debut generation but Poison has been around since Gen 1 without one, what the hell.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Rhydon owns and Rhyperior is proof that nothing gold can stay. Also Rhydon was the first monster created

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

Rhydon owns and Rhyperior is proof that nothing gold can stay.

Rhyperior gives Rhydon the ability to use Eviolite so it's a win/win!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

Rhydon owns and Rhyperior is proof that nothing gold can stay. Also Rhydon was the first monster created

Actually it's Bulbasaur, because he's number one!

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Were the original R/S games this short? I blew through it in about 15 hours. I somehow remember X/Y taking me much, much longer.

I understand there's a ton of postgame stuff to do and roughly a trillion legendaries to catch but it seemed disappointingly short :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Actually Bulbasaur is #99

• Locked thread