Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
Oath Complete!

Added a mohawk to one of the orcs for the journal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:birddrugs: OATH COMPLETE WITH TIME TO SPARE :birddrugs:

This group of Marauders are a Themed Group

This one in particular looked a lot like Wolverine, so I gave him Wolverine sideburns for the Inquisitor's Journal

The Mouscron as she appeared shortly before the absorption of the Belgian protectorate forces by the French command, at the end of the Storm of Steel

Look who remembered to actually put all the tanks in the photo this month :thumbsup:

I know lots of people look forward to my glow in the dark eldar, but it's 7:15pm, still light out, and will still be light out until the deadline passes, so sadly I can't produce one right now, just the blacklight photo. Fear not though, I shall take one later tonight and post it here or the painting thread

Claiming Fly your flag on my Dire Avenger Exarch, the flag comes with it but I freehanded my craftworld rune (Yme-Loc) on one side, and the Dire Avenger aspect rune on the other

Also Dale Gribble has already won this month :aaaaa:

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath completed in the nick of time. I'm glad these guys are done, I don't really enjoy painting Chaos Space Marines and they probably wont even see the table.

Journal is this guys fashionable shoulder pad.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Absurdly Muscular Oath Complete!

*FLEX*

*TURN*

*POSE*

My bf tells me this guy looks like someone's Street Fighter OC.

The Jurnal is his fancy pink and red mohawk, of course.

This was technically a speedpaint but I forgot to take a photo before I started.

e: I literally just realised I should have based him on sand so he could be showing off his sweet pink budgie smugglers at the beach; perhaps with a stray volleyball on there too.

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Dec 1, 2014

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Oath Complete!

Works been nuts this month, so feel like I kinda dialed these guys in

Journal is the mohawk and beardo on the big guys

Claiming Themed Group and Rolled a 6

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

I could very well be wrong here, but I think you missed the cutoff by 2 minutes (!)...You posted at 11:02 by my view (I have my time setting to show GMT time), and American Samoa time is shows that it's 11 hours ahead of GMT.

I know I've mixed this up before, but am I right or is TWLM okay?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Now that it's dark, here's a proper night time shot. Probably can't include it with the ones in my oath complete post, but have it anyway for fun :frogc00l:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Now that it's dark, here's a proper night time shot. Probably can't include it with the ones in my oath complete post, but have it anyway for fun :frogc00l:

You weren't joking about your love for glow-in-the-dark. Nice work!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

ForkBanger posted:

:siren:[b]

I'm not happy with the red eyes on Miss Ery, I'll probably repaint them the same green as Teddy's.
Themed group, I guess (Neverborn)?

I agree with my wife, leave Miss Ery alone! Also really like these, what are they?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

krushgroove posted:

I could very well be wrong here, but I think you missed the cutoff by 2 minutes (!)...You posted at 11:02 by my view (I have my time setting to show GMT time), and American Samoa time is shows that it's 11 hours ahead of GMT.

I know I've mixed this up before, but am I right or is TWLM okay?

I used my time stamp (of ~3:02 PST) here - unless there's something weird with Daylight's Savings, I think it was posted in Just Barely December. :ohdear:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20141201T0305&p1=234&p2=1033

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, just had to confirm. thiswayliesmadness, sorry but you did miss the cut-off...but you'll have a really easy entry to Save Da Whales! :unsmith:

I'll have the Inquisitor's Journal up later tonight!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
* slop *

* glurgh *

* squelch *

* slurp *

+ By the Emperor's mercy, ork, must you make such horrible noise whilst you eat? +

oi swarez it aint me! it's dis gloopy muck I'm walkin troo!

+ sigh... + walk on the roots...ABOVE the mud, why don't you? +

Oh...

This month's theme, AKA the INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL, is WEATHERING! It's time to get messy, folks! Mud, grime, oil, soot, dust and more - it's all fair game! For the purposes of this month's Inquisitor's Journal, chipping and scarring is part of the Journal. You don't have to get pigment powders or textured paint, either. If all you want to do is spatter your model (with mud or blood, or water, or whatever), that's fair game!

Completing the Inquisitor's Journal gives you an easy point, so if you want to be in the running for Grand Prizes at the end of Season 5, you'll be wanting every point you can get! Even if you don't care about points, many of the Journals will get you to try painting techniques you may not have tried before, so go for it!

ALSO, the judges will each be deciding who's done the Journal in the most unique and creative way and EACH judge will be giving a point for their top pick, so that's a potential 3 extra points just waiting for you!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

a bit fuzzy, but I oath the following:

four Fusiliers, Joan of Arc, a Knight of Montesa, a Father Knight, a Bagh Mari, Stephen Rao, Nisses, and Konstantinos. All Corvus Belli/Infinity, in 28mm

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, oath the following:

10 GW Savage Orcs
5 GW Night Goblins

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

Oath Failed

Holiday travel and WoW. Also the sun was in my eyes.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Hey Krushgroove, do Whales oaths count for fulfilling Achievements? I'm trying to figure out whether I should be giving TWLM a point for 'I rolled a six'.

ALSO!

Thread participants, :siren: please check that I gave you proper credit for November! :siren: I'd like the rolls for November to actually go out relatively soon. The spreadsheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=1

Thanks!

Germ
May 7, 2013

:captainpop: September Judgement :captainpop:

Sorry about the lateness of this - I've been swamped with the end of quarter madness and getting stuff cast up for my Kickstarter. On the plus side I've got two big sets of resin terrain packed up and ready to ship off to some winners at the end of this Oath season!

First Place (3 points): Signal
Holy smokes, what a great body of work you put together this month! I don’t really know where to start. The painting is clean and smooth throughout. Really nice realistic color choices that let the models look unique, but still fit together as a cohesive crew. There are some really nice details throughout this that reveal the time and care you put into these. Some freehand flowers on a dress and umbrella here. A glowing lantern there. You’ve simply knocked the Malifaux aesthetic out of the park. ON THREE CREWS WORTH OF MODELS! IN A MONTH! The cleanliness of the painting on the Infinity figures is also really great – I know how fine those models are and how easily some of the recessed lines can disappear if you’re not careful. Wow, man, just wow!

Second Place (2 points): Slimnoid
So deliciously creepy. I’ve seen folks mention wanting to do “white walker” themed armies on different forums, and could never really wrap my head around what it might look like in execution. This takes that theme and runs a marathon with it. The warmth of the rust and blood contrasts wonderfully with the washed-out bleak coloring on the ghouls themselves. The whited eyes are effective and not over-the-top. The brighter blue of some of the accent pieces adds color without being jarring. Everything just looks cold and uncaring, like the only warmth you’ll feel is that of your lifeblood spilling over the snow. This is a fantastic example of how a good theme with smart color choices can really make a unit.

Third Place (1 Point): Laika the Spacedog
OK, the creeptastic repetition of the (Blood Angel?) mask heads aside, you’ve really shown off a variety of colors and moods here. I particularly like the Marauder torso guy, as it highlights your careful brushwork. I think the “painterly” style with the visible brushstrokes adds a nice artistic flair and really shows off your color choices. Shades of Kevin Dalimore in a really good way. Add to that the repetition of the creepy doll-faces, and you tie the whole unit together into a nice cohesive whole. Well done!

Journal Bonus Point (1 point): Gareth Gobulcoque
Cut and swap, you say? Why cut the heads off this Orboros hound and stick some Ogre Bull heads on it? Why the gently caress not? It should be absurd, but it really works. Looks like something straight out of a Colin Thompson book. I love it.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
December Oath: Kaelly the Nether Strider, Captain R, 2 Stingers, 1 Nephilim Protector, 6 Rangers, Thagrosh the Messiah
The first two are Soda Pop, the rest are Privateer Press.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My holly jolly christmas oath: 1 Chaos Lord. From Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Signal posted:

a bit fuzzy, but I oath the following:
four Fusiliers, Joan of Arc, a Knight of Montesa, a Father Knight, a Bagh Mari, Stephen Rao, Nisses, and Konstantinos. All Corvus Belli/Infinity, in 28mm

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, oath the following:
10 GW Savage Orcs
5 GW Night Goblins

Red Shoe posted:

December Oath: Kaelly the Nether Strider, Captain R, 2 Stingers, 1 Nephilim Protector, 6 Rangers, Thagrosh the Messiah
The first two are Soda Pop, the rest are Privateer Press.

Electric Hobo posted:

Oaths Accepted!

Iris of Ether posted:

Hey Krushgroove, do Whales oaths count for fulfilling Achievements? I'm trying to figure out whether I should be giving TWLM a point for 'I rolled a six'.

Ehh...technically it's a failed Oath (although, admittedly, on a technicality but rules are rules, sorry TWLM) so I'd say there's no points for anything - unless it's been given before in the same situation. I don't think it has.

:siren: October Photo Album check! :siren:
In addition to checking the points spreadsheet, everyone please check that your completed Oaths for October are in the October photo album: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6081919224354709073?authkey=CLan28760L3d6QE This will be going to the judges in the next couple of days!

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Iris of Ether posted:

ALSO!

Thread participants, :siren: please check that I gave you proper credit for November! :siren: I'd like the rolls for November to actually go out relatively soon. The spreadsheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=1

Thanks!

I noticed I'm missing my speedpaint achievement from Feora, Protector of the Flame way back in July.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following for December....

Lets get rid of some of the backlog! I'm oathing the entire contents of Descent, 2nd Edition.
Thats.... (deep breath)
8 Heroes
2 Elementals
2 Dragons
2 Shark things
2 Ettin
5 Goblins
4 Flesh moulders
5 Zombies
4 Berghast
4 Cave Spiders (which my wife, the Arachnophobe, wants off the table as soon as possible.)

That's 38 minis by Fantasy Flight Games - scale is 28mm.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following for December....

Lets get rid of some of the backlog! I'm oathing the entire contents of Descent, 2nd Edition.
Thats.... (deep breath)
8 Heroes
2 Elementals
2 Dragons
2 Shark things
2 Ettin
5 Goblins
4 Flesh moulders
5 Zombies
4 Berghast
4 Cave Spiders (which my wife, the Arachnophobe, wants off the table as soon as possible.)

That's 38 minis by Fantasy Flight Games - scale is 28mm.

Oath Accepted!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for December: 8 Gremlins (Wyrd games, 28mm); 5 Deathwing Knights (28mm, Games Workshop)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo posted:

An quick oath addition: 6 Obscenes. Also from Battlelore 2. Edition.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Ototo (left, primed black) of the Ten Thunders faction from Malifaux, by Wyrd Games, as well as the Thunderhead (right, primed white), of the Cygnar faction from Warmachine, by Privateer Press.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

I really like what you've done with the shields.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

Ehh...technically it's a failed Oath (although, admittedly, on a technicality but rules are rules, sorry TWLM) so I'd say there's no points for anything - unless it's been given before in the same situation. I don't think it has.

I've been on the other side of the axe, so I understand. It still sucks, but I understand. I guess I'll have to come up with something new for tokens to get that point then. On a side note, the mantic crate tokens are great for DZ. Really like 'em.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Hey, I totally forgot to attach this picture to my oath complete post:

It was just to claim Box Art for my oath - is it too late? I'll probably paint more box art dudes this month but just wanted to see if I hosed up too much.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

The Impaler posted:

I really like what you've done with the shields.

They're from the Warmachine Exemplar Cinerators models, with the symbols scraped off and replaced with GS copies of one of the Dark Angel vehicle decorations. Just glued them onto some storm shield arms (after some careful cutting) and bam, done.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath a Warpwolf Stalker, a Druid Wilder, and a Blackclad Wayfarer, all from Warmahordes by Privateer press.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following for December: 8 Gremlins (Wyrd games, 28mm); 5 Deathwing Knights (28mm, Games Workshop)

Electric Hobo posted:

An quick oath addition: 6 Obscenes. Also from Battlelore 2. Edition.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Ototo (left, primed black) of the Ten Thunders faction from Malifaux, by Wyrd Games, as well as the Thunderhead (right, primed white), of the Cygnar faction from Warmachine, by Privateer Press.

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath a Warpwolf Stalker, a Druid Wilder, and a Blackclad Wayfarer, all from Warmahordes by Privateer press.

Oaths Accepted!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Hey, I totally forgot to attach this picture to my oath complete post:

It was just to claim Box Art for my oath - is it too late? I'll probably paint more box art dudes this month but just wanted to see if I hosed up too much.

Checked your Oath Complete post, yep you're OK. Iris of Ether, can you update MasterSlowPokes' points? That blonde dude has a kind of Jamie Lannister/Prince Charming from Shrek look to him!

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I've been on the other side of the axe, so I understand. It still sucks, but I understand. I guess I'll have to come up with something new for tokens to get that point then.

Thanks for understanding.

There have been others caught out by posting completed Oaths just a few minutes late recently, so I just wanted to say to everyone that I know I can be wishy-washy on the interpretations of the rules (and hopefully that's all ironed out this time around (?? PM if you think this is a problem)) but the rules for time and things with actual numbers are pretty ironbound and I don't want to go easy on one person and by the book for another person - that could provoke calls of favoritism or whatever and it's just not worth it to mess up the competition for everyone.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for December

• Half a Rebs strike team: 1x Rebs Commander, 2x Humans, 2x Survey Drones, 1x Grogan w/ Onslaught Cannon, 1x Grogan w/ Desolator, 1x Kraaw Warrior, 1x TK Zero Weapons team (Human Gunner + Sphyr Loader) plus 1x Project Oberon mercenary for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)
  • 2x L'Arman Heavy tanks and 4x R-4 medium mortars for Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)
  • 1x Eldar Firestorm for 40k by FW (28mm)

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I, Ugleb, oath the following for December:

2x PHR Hyperion Heavy Walkers, 2x PHR Odin Heavy Walkers, 2x PHR Athena Air Superiority Fighters (all 10mm Dropzone Commander, by Hawk Wargames).

Models have been sprayed with white Army Painter primer. I'm not sure if I like my attempt at 'dramatically posing' the middle-left walker so may re-set the torso to point a little flatter if that isn't breaking any rules.

This is my first time oathing and will be the first time I've painted a mini in about 14 years. No pressure eh? ;)

Edit - formatting derp!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of December: 2 GW Black Knights (command), a Sphinx I got from last years mega grab bag, and 5 Mantic Skeleton warriors.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for December

• Half a Rebs strike team: 1x Rebs Commander, 2x Humans, 2x Survey Drones, 1x Grogan w/ Onslaught Cannon, 1x Grogan w/ Desolator, 1x Kraaw Warrior, 1x TK Zero Weapons team (Human Gunner + Sphyr Loader) plus 1x Project Oberon mercenary for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)
  • 2x L'Arman Heavy tanks and 4x R-4 medium mortars for Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)
  • 1x Eldar Firestorm for 40k by FW (28mm)

Ugleb posted:

I, Ugleb, oath the following for December:

2x PHR Hyperion Heavy Walkers, 2x PHR Odin Heavy Walkers, 2x PHR Athena Air Superiority Fighters (all 10mm Dropzone Commander, by Hawk Wargames).

Models have been sprayed with white Army Painter primer. I'm not sure if I like my attempt at 'dramatically posing' the middle-left walker so may re-set the torso to point a little flatter if that isn't breaking any rules.

This is my first time oathing and will be the first time I've painted a mini in about 14 years. No pressure eh? ;)
You'll do fine!!

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of December: 2 GW Black Knights (command), a Sphinx I got from last years mega grab bag, and 5 Mantic Skeleton warriors.

Oaths Accepted!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

krushgroove posted:

Checked your Oath Complete post, yep you're OK. Iris of Ether, can you update MasterSlowPokes' points? That blonde dude has a kind of Jamie Lannister/Prince Charming from Shrek look to him!

Yep, I'll update both for this and the missing speed painting points as mentioned above, once I'm on a network that doesn't block Google Docs. :v:

I'm also going to roll for November prizes within the next day or two, so last call to make sure I gave everyone credit. (FYI, having the 3 points for completing an oath should flag you correctly for the random draw in the spreadsheet.)

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, Forkbanger, oath for December-

Lucius, 2 Guild Guards, 2 Guild Lawyers, The Scribe.

Ugleb posted:

I agree with my wife, leave Miss Ery alone! Also really like these, what are they?

All of these guys are part of the Neverborn faction for Malifaux- Teddy is a nightmarish teddy bear from a child's dreams, Miss Ery is a limited edition version of Teddy.
Try Malifaux, it's rad.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I oath for the month of December 10 Tempestus Scions from Games Workshop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ForkBanger posted:

I, Forkbanger, oath for December-
Lucius, 2 Guild Guards, 2 Guild Lawyers, The Scribe.

All of these guys are part of the Neverborn faction for Malifaux- Teddy is a nightmarish teddy bear from a child's dreams, Miss Ery is a limited edition version of Teddy.
Try Malifaux, it's rad.

SRM posted:

I oath for the month of December 10 Tempestus Scions from Games Workshop:

Oaths Accepted!

I have a ton of Dark Eldar to paint up this month, so I'll finally be Oathing again myself...tabletop quality, here I come!

• Locked thread