Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
who the gently caress is bill cosby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Chip and Geop how much did you get for the rights to the Lets Play name and likeness

I hope it was at least a 20-dollar gift card or something
an anime avatar

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Geop posted:

an anime avatar

It's not even an anime version of The Rock or something, you got ripped off

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Are you dissing Clicky?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
How does this OP look? Am I missing anything obvious? Too little information? Too much information?
(The associated gameplay test post is here, btw.)

Thread Title: Come on, let’s kick some A! -in- The Last Remnant

The Last Remnant is a Strategy JRPG developed by Square-Enix for the Xbox 360, and later ported to the PC.

The story revolves around Rush Sykes, a young man whose family gets caught up in a conflict over control of Remnants.

“Academy Visistone 1-3” posted:

[Remnants 1] – Remnants are mysterious objects that hold powers beyond those of men.
[Remnants 2] – No one knows when or how Remnants were created.
[Remnants 3] – Men have used Remnants as beneficial tools since ancient times.

The game also nixes the usual fantasy races. There’s nary an elf, a dwarf, an orc, or a goblin to be seen. For that matter, there isn’t any such thing as a human, either – the local human analogues are known as Mitra. The other three major races are the Sovani, four-armed bipedal cats, the Yama, big hulking Fish-men, and Qsiti, really short guys who look kinda like lizards with rabbit ears. Despite all this, the game shies away from using fantasy racism as an issue. The races intermingle, live, and work side by side without anyone batting an eye.

The Xbox version was widely panned for a lot of technical problems, and a bug that punished you too harshly for fighting too much, but the PC version was a dramatic improvement, fixing a lot of the problems, giving you more freedom with party composition, adding in new classes and integrating the DLC into the game. That’s the version I’ll be playing.

I’ll be doing this as a hybrid LP. Most of the game’s dialogue is unvoiced, including all side-quests, plus screenshots can cover a lot of territory that would make for too-long dungeon videos. This game has a number of grindy things which would make for bad videos.

Screenshots alone will not suffice. The main plot videos are fully voiced, and the motion/facial capture really looks good, and trying to get a screenshot of everything cool in the cutscenes would make for browser-killing updates. The highlight of the game is its fantastically fluid combat animations, which really has to be seen in motion. I know that some people don’t watch videos accompanying screenshot LP’s, but that won’t really work that well for this game. If you don’t watch the videos, you’ll miss out on the main appeal of the game.

Screenshots will be used for information, and videos will be used for dungeon exploration, cutscenes, and boss battles. This will let me present the game most efficiently. I don’t plan on having any commentary in the videos, because there’s either not much to say (there’s only so much to say about the dungeons), or there’s TOO MUCH to say in too short a time. It’s better to do that through comments between screenshots, where I can devote as much or as little time as I need.

I am planning to do dungeon videos for every dungeon of reasonable size. Some of the really long dungeons may get speeded-up videos, or maybe none at all. If no one cares, it'll only be cutscenes and major battles which get videos.

I’ll be making frequent use of the Last Remnant Wiki. It’s an excellent resource for information about the game, and it’s easy to avoid spoilers unless you specifically go looking for them.

The wiki is practically a necessity when it comes to fulfilling the requests of party members, which I’ll explain when they start coming up.

I am going to do a New Game Plus run, which carries over a lot of stuff which will make doing the LP a hell of a lot more convenient for me. My first playthrough was a 100% sidequest complete run (not counting guild requests – but that was pretty close too), so I’ll start out with 4,546,603 gold in my pocket. There’s not a huge need for that much unless you’re doing a lot of crafting and fast upgrading to the game’s best weapons – but I’m not going to do that, I’ll be upgrading my weapons at about what would be a normal pace for the game.

What carries over to a new game:
  • All crafting components. - These are for crafting and upgrading weapons and items. This is not as useful as it sounds, as it’s only helpful for Rush. Everyone else is too polite to ask for things from Rush’s inventory, so you have to get them fresh. Even if you have 100 in your inventory doing nothing.
  • All magazines. – This IS very useful, because it allows enemies to drop additional upgrade components.. Your party members can ask for those things before you have unlocked the magazine that allows them to drop.
  • All Formations. – These are how your unions are arranged on the battlefield. I tend to generally set them to something which increases the stats I want for that union and forget about it, because even I can only stand so much mind-numbing tedious crap to look over.
  • Rush’s Arts – This lets Rush start the game with the first art of all the possible Arts, instead of having to quest for them over the course of the game. Neat, but you should turn most of them off as soon as possible, to force you onto the path.
  • Harvesting upgrades and digs count – The digs count is the total number of times you can harvest during a dungeon, so this means searching for components is faster. The upgrades increase the chances for recovering more and better quality components.
  • All area maps – So you can see where you’re going. Very handy, as sometimes the maps are found in the middle of a dungeon.

This is a linear JRPG, so there isn’t a lot of interactivity which can be done, but I’ll see if I can find places for audience participation – probably asking people which units they want in the active party, or possibly asking what the audience what Arts Rush should use. We’ll see.

Although honestly, I have my heart set on trying to make Rush the (PC-exclusive) Ninja class. Note that I said “trying”. A character’s Class is determined by what they do in battle, and sometimes by what equipment they use. There are 44 classes in the game, and

Ninja is an elite class, with a Mystic and Combat balance.
Requirements: STR/INT 59, Mystic arts are higher than item arts, Dual Wield 22 and Katana 19.
Skill: Ambush, No Instakill.

Ambush lets you perform a rear assault on a deadlocked union – without needing two flank attacks first, and No Instakill will make Ninja Rush immune to instant death attacks, which is extremely helpful for a union leader.

I'll be attempting to guide people through how to get the most out of their unions and deal with some of the more obtuse mechanics.

Table of Contents
i - Tactical Situations
ii - Arts
iii - Cast of Characters (Party Members, Other Characters)
Chapter I - Rush Fools In -OR- What in the Hell?

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 25, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Geop posted:

an anime avatar
I think you could have leveraged the property for more value than that tbh

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
Outside of missing the usual Spoilers tag, I'm looking forward to the Last Remnant LP.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Test OP and a plot dump update for an SSLP of a point & click adventure game

From the studio that gave the world

First post
Update 1

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

SelenicMartian posted:

Test OP and a plot dump update for an SSLP of a point & click adventure game

From the studio that gave the world

First post
Update 1

One update in and I already see a large dude in plaid jorts. I'll give this LP a try.

All in all, it looks like a good start, although I'd suggest italicizing your commentary as well as using the dead guy's head. I kept having momentary twitches of 'she said what now?'.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Picayune posted:

I'd suggest italicizing your commentary as well as using the dead guy's head.
Added more of that when I cut in in the middle of a scene. How's the test update now?

Anyway, posted

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 26, 2014

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

me irl

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Hey folks, I've decided to do a Transistor LP, but I want to know if the idea works out. I have a test video (the subtitles of which have been altered already in accordance to a friend's recommendations) and an OP written up. Let me know if it's ready to go, or if I need to do something else. The test video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5gREUDgA90&feature=youtu.be

What is Transistor?

Transistor is the second game by indie studio Supergiant Games. They made their debut with Bastion, a story-driven isometric view action-RPG where you must discover the truth behind an apocalyptic scenario. Transistor is a story-driven isometric view action-RPG where you must discover the truth behind an apocalyptic scenario.

Well, at least they're sticking to what they know.

In any case, while some may see Transistor as a Bastion clone, I consider them two separate games altogether. In Transistor the details of the combat and upgrade systems are very different from Bastion's, ranging from weapon selection and actual fighting, even if Bastion veterans will feel like they've seen some of this stuff before. The story of Transistor unfolds little by little, but unlike Bastion, it is told almost in a circumspect manner, never quite stating outright what was going on. Since much of the lore is hidden behind game functions, the narrative lends itself to a lot of theorizing about the whos, whys, and ifs.

Why LP this game?

Bastion has already been LP'd by Chip Cheezum (check it out in the Archives), but Transistor is, I feel, another game that people should check out. The gameplay elements, soundtrack, voice work, and story are all top notch, if needing a bit of a polish here and there. It's a game worth playing. This LP aims to go through the story, and show off everything (or at least, almost everything) the game has to offer.

How is the game being LP'd, and what are the thread rules?

Rather than do voice commentary, which would interrupt much of the game's flow and narration, I opted to do subtitled commentary voicing the thoughts of the protagonist, Red. Don't worry, I won't overdo the subtitling: rather than me explain what the game's mechanics are, she will do so for us in a way that I feel fits her character, discovering more as she goes.

There is only one thread rule: no spoilers!

Nothing yet...

Nothing yet...

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Olive Branch posted:

Transistor stuff

It's a little jarring to me. I've played the game also so I may have a different outlook on it but I think a big part of the story interaction with the player/spectator is figuring out Red's voice, so to speak, as things are revealed throughout the course of the game. It's a game that very much lives and dies on what the story beats infer and imply without saying much outright, but the subtitles seem like they set you on a track.

An example would be that the game doesn't give you much of a relation between the voice and Red at the start of the game aside from "Red is my character. This guy is dead and the sword is talking to me and trying to help me." Prefacing some of the subtitles with pet names like "Love" gives them a defined relationship that isn't explicitly stated in the game itself. If that's what you want to go for, go for it, but I feel like it somewhat detracts from what the game's storytelling goal is.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Pretty much that. A big part of Transistor's (and Bastion's, to a lesser extent) charm is the player figuring out all those things the characters don't mention because they're so obvious to them; the story has a lot more impact that way. Basically, you're providing spoilers in the subtitles.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 29, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lookin for co commentators again, this time for Dead Space 3 instead of normal Dead Space because that one is on hold. PM me or add me on Steam if you wanna chat about dumb video games (see avatar). If you own the game and you wanna play co-op for the LP, that's a plus, because I've never done that.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

dscruffy1 and aniEhilated posted:

Transistor commments
Both excellent points, and something I've been wary about and "fixed" in the subtitles of the first episode. I've removed references to any sort of relationship and just put "you" for each, as well as making Red more of an observer talking as she goes.

The concern I have, which is again a story-related one, is giving Red that inner voice in the first place. dscruffy1, you brought this up. Considering we, the player, only act through the game rather than hear her thoughts, I was curious about using subtitles in the way I did. If I kept the subtitles spoiler-free, would I still be hurting the story by giving Red more of a character at all? Since this is all test post stuff, it's entirely possible for me to put my comments rather than Red's in the floating subtitle bubbles, except I'd be placing them further away from her to not imply it's her thinking these things.

EDIT: VVV Noted! I've changed all the subtitles to reflect my commentary, and removed any mention of Red's. I'm currently processing another test video, and if that one is good to go, then I'll fire up the thread.

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 29, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think you'd be better off doing that. Red's intended to be an enigma to the player by design, and I feel like it's best to let the game provide that experience as intended.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I may be the exception here, in that I enjoy story-integrated LPs when they are done well, haven't seen much done with video LPs, and think Transistor could work if you were subtle.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 30, 2014

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

JT Jag posted:

I may be the exception here, in that I enjoy story-integrated LPs when they are done well, haven't seen much done with video LPs, and think Transistor could work if you were subtle.

It's the standard Narrative LP Pitfall, even if it is happening in subtitles here; it's not impossible, just very very difficult, to effectively roleplay as a character's inner monologue, especially in a game that's already very story-driven, especially in a game where much of the storytelling is implicit, and especially when you're also trying to get across mechanical information. I think it can be done, but I'd balk at trying to do it myself. Personally, I'd forego all that and have the subtitles be straight commentary; it's not like the game provides nothing to talk about, and it'd make much of the mechanic chat a lot less jarring.

I'd love to see this kind of narrative LP be pulled off for Transistor, though. I think the test post we saw had problems (because properly portraying Red's character while not giving away too much is really hard) but the idea has potential.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

JT Jag posted:

Integrating story with a video LP may have worked for when I did The Last Express, but Transistor is very different in presentation. The points raised here and my own doubts about giving Red "proper" thoughts led me to change my mind about the subtitle contents and who was speaking. Expressing Red well without giving away too much plot is kind of a lose-lose situation because I don't see Red as a subtle character. Just look at the way she slices and dices, and if you've played the game, her backstory. I'm sure she'd voice stuff about her life and such if she could. But that's enough videogame sperging about presentation, I'm currently processing (again) a second test video with new subtitles. I'll edit this post when it's ready.

EDIT: Here it is.

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 30, 2014

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Honestly, I'd really much rather have a Chip & Ironicus style LP of Transistor, since they did Bastion so well.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Aerdan posted:

Honestly, I'd really much rather have a Chip & Ironicus style LP of Transistor, since they did Bastion so well.

Isn't this kind of a dick thing to say? I mean, this kind of thing seems unhelpful.

PantslessScot
Dec 4, 2007
Are You Surprised?

Ceciltron posted:

Isn't this kind of a dick thing to say? I mean, this kind of thing seems unhelpful.

That's because it IS unhelpful.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Aerdan posted:

I'd rather much have the original LP of Bastion where there was no commentary because the games are lovely without you nerds talking, nerds like Chip & Ironicus.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Niggurath posted:

I'd rather much have the original LP of Bastion where there was no commentary because the games are lovely without you nerds talking, nerds like Chip & Ironicus.
God, I can't stand nerds. They really are the worst.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Aerdan posted:

I decided against live commentary because of two reasons. First, because the music in this game is gorgeous, and second, because I don't want to talk over the Transistor at any point, even in post-commentary. Plus, my nerd voice can't match Logan Cunningham's.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

All the recording and editing work is done for the LP I'm doing right now, so I was looking at starting up another LP for a game I was sort of shocked to see no one else had started on.

Let's Kill all the Nazis in Wolfenstein: The New Order

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

The Transistor thread is live here. Thanks for the advice!

Charly Spoons
May 13, 2014

Hello, I am writing my first Screenshot LP and have just completed my test posts of both the OP and Update 1. It is based on the Prophesy of Pendor mod for the MnB Warband game. This is my the first AAR, having made use of the testpost feature I wish to share it for feedback before diving in. I am pretty sure I am good to go, but thought it best check in case I have over-looked anything needed. Thanks.

OP Testpost
Update 1 Testpost

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Not to sound like a jerk or anything, but there's gotta be a better place to put your MNB fanfiction with loading screen illustrations in. There's nothing about the game in there.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Charly Spoons posted:

Hello, I am writing my first Screenshot LP and have just completed my test posts of both the OP and Update 1. It is based on the Prophesy of Pendor mod for the MnB Warband game. This is my the first AAR, having made use of the testpost feature I wish to share it for feedback before diving in. I am pretty sure I am good to go, but thought it best check in case I have over-looked anything needed. Thanks.

OP Testpost
Update 1 Testpost

Augh, I really don't want to be a jerk either, but, uuh... No. No you're not good to go.

There's definitely some things that need a little work here, that's for sure. You're going to need to explain just what the hell is going on here a little better. It's cool that you're doing your own narrative in the LP and all, but you really need to differentiate somewhat which elements are coming from the game itself, and which are you own creation.

Second, you're clearly LPing both a game and a mod that few people will have heard of or played before. So you're going to need to do a little better job of setting things up for it than one sentence in your OP and just saying "It's brilliant!". I don't know that it is, and from what I've seen of it, it doesn't look all that brilliant. Sell me on it. Point out certain details about it that make it appealing to you or that might be appealing to someone so that they'd maybe even go out and try to track down a copy of it for themselves.

It would also be a good idea to point out certain gameplay elements in your opening story post too. Contextualize things by giving your audience a peek at the process as you go so they're not baffled as to how the gently caress you got from Point A to Point Q in the span of three screenshots. Because right now I'm wondering what you want to show off more, the game, or your own writing? And I'm really getting the feeling it's the latter, and if that's the case then things are not going to go quite like you planned them to. Because most of the time LP goons aren't here for the LPer, they're here for the game being LP'd.

And on that note, don't take this the wrong way but please use proper novel formatting if you're actually just using this as LP as a piece of stealth webfiction. Each new line of dialog gets its own paragraph and leave a full blank line between each paragraph itself, but that what you've got up there on the SSLP test post page is kind of a mess, formatting-wise.

Beyond that, turf all the stuff about your personal life in the OP. Nobody cares how long you've lurked here, nor is it some kind of standard against which the quality of your LP will be judged.

Also, this last point's just being pedantic, but is the animated gif of a progress bar really necessary?

Charly Spoons
May 13, 2014

Ok wow, I'm glad I checked this out first. I seem to have miss-judged a lot and will take a step back to see if I can adapt it to be more LP and less FanFic. Thanks for the advice guys.

Ah yeah, the loading bar animation. I thought it was a nice way of suggesting the LP was getting under way, but I can see that it's not the most exciting image I could have posted.

Charly Spoons fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Nov 30, 2014

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Charly Spoons posted:

Ok wow, I'm glad I checked this out first. I seem to have miss-judged a lot and will take a step back to see if I can adapt it to be more LP and less FanFic. Thanks for the advice guys.

Ah yeah, the loading bar animation. I thought it was a nice way of suggesting the LP was getting under way, but I can see that it's not the most exciting image I could have posted.

For what it's worth, everyone gets their first test post torn to shreds in the Sandcastle. It's like a rite of passage.

I also get what you were going for with the loading screen now, but your OP was so sparse that it was kind of the only thing that stood out in it. But that's something that's very easy to contextualize. Just like make it into a joke or something, like this:

quote:

Okay, let's get this show on the road then!

...As soon as the drat thing loads, anyway.

Just a thought at least. I'm glad that was helpful to you.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Fighting evil with the GREEN blaze-Let's Play Gargoyle's Quest! [HYBRID]

What is this game?

In 1985, Capcom came out with the game Ghosts N' Goblins. The game was a smash hit on several platforms and was hard as balls. It led to many sequels and a few spinoffs. In it you play as a knight named Arthur, on a quest to save a princess kidnapped by demons. Not very complex stuff. However, the games have a very full and creatively built world of demons and monsters and other spooky stuff.

In 1990, one such spinoff came out on the Game Boy starring one of the hardest and most reviled mini-bosses of the series, the Red Arremer (despite the boxart depicting him as GREEN, hence the thread title,) a Gargoyle class demon with wings and flame breath. This is that game, Gargoyle's quest.

The game is very different from the main series, with completely different playstyle and difficulty levels, and a psuedo-rpg element to it. You play as Firebrand, a Red Arremer Gargoyle who previously had saved the Ghoul Realm from an army known as The Destroyers, and their leader Breager. Breager and his troops have returned and laid waste to the Realm, and while working on screwing with Arthur in the Earth Realm Firebrand is again called on to save the day, though he used up all his power vanquishing the Destroyers last time. Now he must go on a quest (oh wait, I just got the title!) to regain his abilities and defeat the Destroyers once more.

In 1992 Capcom made a prequel to the game on the NES wherein the events of Firebrand's previous adventure are detailed (uh, spoiler?). While the NES allowed for larger and more colorful screen resolution, the game wasn't as finished feeling as the tightly controlled Game Boy game. A year later the game was remade within the first game's engine on the Game Boy, with smaller screen resolution but better control, and with the addition of two bonus dungeons (if this LP goes well enough, I might be convinced to do that one in the thread as well). Unfortunately the game was not released in the US, but in the past year a fan translation, basically porting over the NES' text was released. Finally, a third game came out in 1994 for the SNES, Demon's Crest, whose story connections to the previous two is ambiguous at best. It's an excellent game, and I suggest you look at it in the LP archive.

About this LP

Full confession: I'm not very good at video games. However, I love horror and monster business. Because of that, I got this game as a kid when it was new, and just played the everloving hell out of it. Because of that, it actually became one of the few games I can confidently say I'm good at. I've played this game year after year, and at the peak of playing it, I actually came close to the speed run time record for completion. So I can play this with some confidence.

As I have said, this game is interesting because it switches between action platforming and an RPG style overworld. So I will be using a hybrid format of videos for the action levels and screenshots for the overworld and towns.

As far as audience participation goes, I'm open for any and all of it. The game has a very telegraphed and simple story, so I really don't think spoilers matter much. Also, I've done next to know work at learning the behind the scenes for this game, so if anyone wants to pipe in with that sort of information, be my guest. Also, I know very little about the actual Ghosts n' Goblins series. If anyone wants to talk about them though, they are certainly allowed in this thread.

In case you are wondering, any and all sprites I'll be using are shamelessly stolen from the now defunct Firebrand shrine over at http://infinity.awardspace.us. I recommend checking the site out if you're a fan of the franchise.

Updates
Part One

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Please use small versions of instead of for the links.

It will improve the Let's Play experience tenfold.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Thread for

The Last Remnant

is now live.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lazyfire posted:

All the recording and editing work is done for the LP I'm doing right now, so I was looking at starting up another LP for a game I was sort of shocked to see no one else had started on.

Let's Kill all the Nazis in Wolfenstein: The New Order

Looks good to me. No technical problems.

After that :stare:-worthy pair of videos, I'm excited to see the continuation of the game. That motherfucker got dark fast.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

chitoryu12 posted:

Looks good to me. No technical problems.

After that :stare:-worthy pair of videos, I'm excited to see the continuation of the game. That motherfucker got dark fast.

That's actually one of the things I really like about the game, it'll throw some levity into the situation, but it's almost unrelentingly dark.

Also, BJ Blaskowicz's characterization is absolutely fantastic for reasons I'll talk about once the thread goes live.

I was going to re-check to see if there were any other thoughts on this one before I posted it, so I guess this is a good a time as any to ask.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Lazyfire posted:

That's actually one of the things I really like about the game, it'll throw some levity into the situation, but it's almost unrelentingly dark.

Also, BJ Blaskowicz's characterization is absolutely fantastic for reasons I'll talk about once the thread goes live.

I was going to re-check to see if there were any other thoughts on this one before I posted it, so I guess this is a good a time as any to ask.

Everything looks good to me. On a side note, these are videos of a Wolfenstein video game, and they are making me feel things. Having seen nothing about The New Order until now, I'm pathetically eager for more videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Invisible Ted posted:

Everything looks good to me. On a side note, these are videos of a Wolfenstein video game, and they are making me feel things. Having seen nothing about The New Order until now, I'm pathetically eager for more videos.

Same. I had just kinda ignored New Order as playing off the crazy arcade gameplay of the 2009 Wolfenstein, just with a new alternate history setting. I wasn't expecting....everything we got there.

• Locked thread