Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

My Imaginary GF posted:

I hear the words you say, and I respond with the message I mean to convey.

you know for some reason whenever i read the emmanuel quote under your avatar i mentally do it to the tune of that song that got turned into the he-man heyaaayayaayayyay video. i think this would make some good lyrics for the migf/rahm version of that song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
hi chat thread, hope you had a good thanksgiving weekend

i spent it playing video games and reading the thread(s) where nerds were arguing about how that lightsaber in the new star wars trailer really works

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Lightsabers seem like they would be an absolute bastard to use. I mean one wrong move a *plop* off comes your own leg.

Seems kinda silly when you can joke motherfuckers out with your mind and poo poo.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
For real though why are people scared of Jedi and Sith?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oooohhh nooooo a guy who can move rocks slightly faster than three dudes with shovels.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Look out it's a guy with a laser sword!

What will we do, we only have laser guns to fight him with!

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
*Unsheathes lightsaber...prepare for my mystic skills you dark..."
BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

The jedi's dying body dances like a spastic puppet as snipers unload into him from all directions.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
*lands on spaceship*

Alright now I can rescue the princess!

*asphyxiates as room is vented of atmosphere*

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sharkie posted:

*Unsheathes lightsaber...prepare for my mystic skills you dark..."
BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM

The jedi's dying body dances like a spastic puppet as snipers unload into him from all directions.

This should have happened in the original Star Wars, thus nipping this whole Jedi nonsense in the bud:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i have never enjoyed watching a stars war movie

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
oh man these guys are ragging on star wars they must be cool

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Sometimes people have fun talking about things, and even making fun of them. Especially when they like the thing.

A great crime, in this goon's opinion.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Tiler Kiwi posted:

oh man these guys are ragging on star wars they must be cool

i am cool, actually. really cool

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
No one who has ever seen, talked about, or had anything to do with Star Wars is cool Wolfsheim.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

paragon1 posted:

No one who has ever seen, talked about, or had anything to do with Star Wars is cool Wolfsheim.

poo poo. poo poo.. I can't be cool. poo poo. drat. Aww, darn it! :smith:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It feels like changing even just a few rules about how juries are run would make their jobs a lot easier and give better results.

Like, at least let them keep a written copy of the judge's instructions to them. Dudes already reading them off a piece of paper I mean goddamn.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

paragon1 posted:

There are good actors in Star Wars who just aren't specifically good in Star Wars

Ewan mcgregor, Natalie Portman, etc

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Also I was gonna include Liam neeson in that list but ehhhh he's been phoning it in pretty hard for the last several years

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Please don't drag Wilson's account of Brown's shooting into this.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Wolfsheim posted:

Also I was gonna include Liam neeson in that list but ehhhh he's been phoning it in pretty hard for the last several years

Is it weird that I sometimes read Liam Neeson as Leslie Nielsen and get confused about why people are referencing The Naked Gun?

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Meanwhile in Malaysia:

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/cheap-anti-gay-sexist-jibes-echo-at-umno-assembly

quote:

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 29 ― Anti-gay and sexist jibes echoed from the speech box at the Umno General Assembly today, as one delegate kept with the general theme of deep conservatism at this year’s gathering by lashing out at sexual minorities.

Building his rhetoric around same-sex marriages and a unique interpretation of just how they might be confusing to onlookers, Datuk Ismail Kijo from Selangor Umno said Putrajaya must not give in to pressure to elevate sexual minorities to equality.

“Malaysian mothers would be forced to face the harsh possibility that the partners of their daughters could have bigger breasts than theirs some day,” Ismail said of lesbian unions.

“Could you imagine how shocked the mother would be when she sees that this future husband has breasts bigger than hers,” he added, again referring about lesbian couples.

His gratuitous and repeated references to breasts left some in the audience visibly embarrassed but Ismail went on.

“The breasts may be bigger than those owned by your mothers, ladies and gentlemen,” he said.

Still he was not done. Straining his examples further, he said gay marriage will create similar confusion among onlookers as sons bring home men as marriage partners.

“The mother will be elated to meet her future daughter-in-law, only to be shocked when she sees that her future daughter-in-law comes with a moustache bushier than Tan Sri pengerusi tetap,” he said in referring to Umno permanent chairman Tan Sri Badruddin Amiruldin, drawing laughter from the delegates.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i'm not surprised that this is coming from a country that has based oppression of the opposition on a spurious multi-decade anal sex conspiracy

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Found my new band name, thanks.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I almost feel like applauding him for not going the easy route with dicks and butts. Using imagery of big breasted lesbians is definitely hard mode if you're trying to scaremonger about the gay.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
What kind of rear end in a top hat doesn't like awesome rocking tits?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am so mad a imissed a whole US law discussion.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

paragon1 posted:

*lands on spaceship*

Alright now I can rescue the princess!

*asphyxiates as room is vented of atmosphere*

FTL: Star Wars Edition

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

paragon1 posted:

Lightsabers seem like they would be an absolute bastard to use. I mean one wrong move a *plop* off comes your own leg.

Seems kinda silly when you can joke motherfuckers out with your mind and poo poo.

sure but on the other hand they perform utility cutting simply great.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I like the star wars because it reminds me of being a kid

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Leaping in to the thread skipping 600 posts anything interesting?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

just press the little question mark under my name, friend

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

also my grandfather has discovered fw: mails. like a literal here's a picture of a cartoon heart send it to everyone you don't want to lose in 2015 type deal. it's adorable.

although i guess if you think about it, considering he's my grandfather and all that, it's not like losing a friend it's more like 'gee i hope i don't die this year' so it all becomes rather morbid.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is your grandpa racist?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You people still have grandfathers who are alive?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My last one died in May and now I'm down to one granma.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

zoux posted:

Is your grandpa racist?

Aren't all grandpas a little racist, really?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I started watching Alpha House after the many many recommendations across SA and while it's really funny, it also left me feeling a little like "Man, it is so easy to be a conservative. Why not just do that instead?"

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zoux posted:

Is your grandpa racist?
eh. both my grandma and grandpa are old-people-racist where they occasionally say something super racist but not in a mean-spirited way and only because they don't know any better. that mainly comes down to referring to other races with words they probably shouldn't be using, but it's always the really old timey kind of slurs. like one time we were in a restaurant and my grandma spotted some asians at another table and, trying to use the inside-voice she doesn't have, declared 'LOOK AT DEM JAPS.' by which she genuinely meant 'hey, look at these asian people we don't see a lot of them around here'

i did have one conversation with my grandpa where he actually took some racist positions on immigration (and the turks and the moroccans) but it was pretty clear he was just repeating what some of his pub friends told him. those boys are a bad influence on him. either way, he was actually pretty open to what i said, so eh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Aren't all grandpas a little racist, really?

My grandpas were from Depression era Louisiana and South Carolina so they were like, mega racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

You people still have grandfathers who are alive?

No :(

One died of lung cancer the other of just old. The later said he kept alive so long because the government paid him to.

• Locked thread