Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Appeal that poo poo. The video was freaking private. There's no way it would be flagged without a screw up on their end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Did you ever beat Canary Mary? No! I haven't even PLAYED Bioshock Infinite!
The problem is that I have already appealed it and they still went with their original decision. There is another option I've been thinking about though. I could create a new channel that would serve as a backup channel until my original loses it's strike. The videos would be posted there and they would be moved to the original channel after the strike is removed. Thoughts?

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008

jayman52 posted:

The problem is that I have already appealed it and they still went with their original decision. There is another option I've been thinking about though. I could create a new channel that would serve as a backup channel until my original loses it's strike. The videos would be posted there and they would be moved to the original channel after the strike is removed. Thoughts?

If you tried to appeal and it didn't work then yeah it would be best to go with the ideal of a backup channel; because it would be terrible to put the LP on hold because youtube is being a poo poo.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Yep and the channel is already created. For the next six months the videos will be posted to BackupGMA and they will be moved after that bogus strike expires. Until then just consider the BackupGMA channel the same as the GrandMasterArcturus channel.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
EDIT: On second thought, nevermind.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 23, 2014

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Look closer at that ending graphic there: pretty sure the wing at Riku's back is supposed to be attached to the statue he's leaning against. You can see the plinth just below him, with the statue coming out of it.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah that probably makes more sense. Also, only one more week until both the stream of 2.5 and the LP of Re:CoM begin. I hope everyone is looking forward to those things.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there everyone, I just thought I would stop by and let you guys know that there is one last poll up for Re:CoM and it is here. If you could go vote on that it would be extremely helpful because I would like to begin recording the footage relating to those worlds. Also, if you haven't yet heard, my main channel has been compromised for next six months, but I have a backup channel that will host the next six months worth of videos and it is located here.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

So, right now I'm editing the rough draft version of episode 7 of Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories and it is currently 3:49am central time. Also, while I have your attention you should go and vote now for the second set of worlds if you haven't yet. You can do that here.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Alright, I think I have let this poll run long enough to know how the remaining floors will play out. I will now announce how the poll turned out.
  1. 100 Acre Wood (Apparently you guys want to get all of the minigames out of the way as quickly as possible.)
  2. Neverland (Surprisingly Glide isn't all that great in this game.)
  3. Atlantica (This world is so much better than how it is presented in the main console games.)
  4. Hollow Bastion (This will be an easy one to finish on.)

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
The ending Ansem fight is pretty dang Jojo. He's got a stand, he poses, he's beaten by an asspull... Total Jojo character.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

pointlessone posted:

The ending Ansem fight is pretty dang Jojo. He's got a stand, he poses, he's beaten by an asspull... Total Jojo character.

I remember saying that back when the game first came out. The usual response was 'what's Jojo', swiftly followed by 'that art's kinda gay'.

Funny how things change.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I see someone has changed my avatar. I am pleased by this change.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

All newbie avatars have changed. Who keeps changing them and why into these new more ridiculous ones I don't know.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

All newbie avatars have changed. Who keeps changing them and why into these new more ridiculous ones I don't know.

I never understood why they were crying babies before.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
In just want to speak out in defense of 358/2. Despite the unfair difficulty spikes, the only one of which that was particularly bad was in Halloween Town (anyone who's beaten the game knows the boss I mean), I enjoyed the game for what it was. The panel system was neat and I enjoyed some of the sub-objectives. Also the Organisation were really funny and likable when given the chance to shine on their own terms, especially Demyx/Dyme I especially liked the line "Have you ever had the urge to do something really stupid... and AWESOME?! :dance:" The introduction of status effects was a bit obnoxious, but hey, even the "worst" Kingdom Hearts game isn't that bad in my opinion. I enjoyed playing it.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I just felt there was nothing to it. I got about halfway/two-thirds of the way through the game and didn't feel like I'd learned or accomplished anything.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I just felt there was nothing to it. I got about halfway/two-thirds of the way through the game and didn't feel like I'd learned or accomplished anything.

IMO the very final (after credits) boss was worth it for me. Dual Wielding Roxas versus Blindfold Riku. You recreate deep dive and it is a very fun fight.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

BioEnchanted posted:

IMO the very final (after credits) boss was worth it for me. Dual Wielding Roxas versus Blindfold Riku. You recreate deep dive and it is a very fun fight.

Yes, but... WHO WILL I EAT ICE CREAM WITH (ANIME TEARS) sort of killed it. I guess we should wait to talk about it until it comes up though.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Hey there, everybody! I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was super awesome and maybe you even got some shopping done on Black Friday! Anyways, it is now time to start the Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories portion of this LP megathread!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 001 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Last Time On Kingdom Hearts...."
Episode 002 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Traverse Town = Tutorial Town"

New Episodes
Episode 001 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Last Time On Kingdom Hearts...."
Episode 002 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Traverse Town = Tutorial Town"

Jiminy's Journal (Only new stuff will be added here! This is basically for character info only though.)

World Cards

Traverse Town

Map Cards

Red Category

Some Notes On Some of the Red Category Cards:
  1. Black Room: This is a room with only Black Fungi enemies in it. Good for collecting either Calm Bounty cards (what you will normally get from them) or a the Black Fungus Enemy Card (what you will get if you are extremely lucky.)
  2. Bottomless Darkness and Roulette Room: New map cards added to the Re: Chain of Memories port that were not originally included in Chain of Memories. The Bottomless Darkness Room is a completely pitch black room that spawns nearly infinite shadows. The Roulette Room tends to give you a roulette reward at the end of each battle so you can choose the map card you want as a reward from a random set of map cards.
  3. White Room: This room is the exact same as the Black Room except for the White Mushroom instead.
  4. Higher level cards, like the Almighty Darkness for instance, don't appear until the higher level floors.

Green Category

Some Notes On Some of the Green Category Cards:
  1. Green cards do not start dropping until the second floor.
  2. Meeting Ground is especially helpful on the Agrabah and Neverland floors.

Blue Category

Some Notes On Some of the Blue Category Cards:
  1. Like Green Cards, Blue Cards do not start dropping until the second floor.
  2. Random Joker: This card is new to Re: Chain of Memories and was not included in the original Chain of Memories.

Key Cards

A Note On One of the Key Cards:
  1. Key To Rewards: This card doesn't start dropping until floor seven.

In-Battle Cards

Attack Cards

Magic Cards

Summon Cards

Item Cards

Friend Cards

Enemy Cards

World Stories

Traverse Town

ArctheNomad fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 1, 2014

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What happened with Episode 45?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

It's what caused me to be forced to use a backup channel. Apparently, it somehow got flagged for a violation of community guidelines even though it was set to private.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Sorry I asked the wrong thing. I meant to ask why you didn't put that episode on your backup channel.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

It's only the Gummy Ship episode, and I really don't want to see the backup channel explode too. :ohdear:

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
So, quick note on the map cards. When it says it makes something more effective in the green cards, that means that like Almighty and Feeble Darkness, cards of that specific type are increased by 2, number-wise. Do note that if you use Martial, Alchemic, or Sorcerous Waking, while does can make your 7 and 8 cards of that type into 9s, it also turns your 0s into 2s. Use those map cards strategically if you want to get anywhere with them.

Now. Sleights!

First off, there are four types of sleights. Attack, Magic, Summon, and Friend. Sora learns all of his Attack Sleights by continuing in the story/picking sleight when leveling up. He'll also be able to learn some Magic Sleights the same way, but a lot of his Magic Sleights he learns through treasures. Summon and Friend Sleights are PRIMARILY just something you can do if you have the cards; there's maybe a couple of Sleights in those you have to learn first.

You use them by stocking specific combos of cards. Sometimes they only need two, sometimes they need all three.

So, without further ado...

Update One Sleights

Attack Sleights

Sliding Dash: Same as the ability from Final Mix; you slide across the ground towards your current target with an attack. Requires three attack cards of the same Keyblade that total between 10-15. You can learn it at level 2.

Stun Impact: Again, same as from Final Mix; an explosion centered around you that stuns enemies briefly. Requires three attack cards of the same Keyblade that total between 20-23. You can learn it at level 7.

Strike Raid: NOT the same as from the original! Strike Raid is throwing the Keyblade at an enemy, which then boomerangs back to you. It does minimal damage but can stun them. Requires three attack cards of the same Keyblade that total between 24-26. You can learn it at level 12.

Magic Sleights

Fire/Firaga: Same as the spells. Fira is two Fire cards, Firaga is three.

Blizzara/Blizzaga: See above.

Cura/Curaga: See above.

Summon Sleights

Proud Roar Lv2/Lv3: Like the original, this stuns and damages enemies in front of Simba. Whenever you see this Lv2/Lv3 stuff, that means it's the same effect as the normal card much like magic, but increased because you've stocked two or three of the same card.

Friend Sleights

Magic Lv2/Lv3: Donald's friend sleight! Still not all that useful, but level 2 and 3 spells are more likely to be useful than level 1.

Goofy Tornado Lv2/Lv3: Wonderful, wonderful sleight. Goofy's level 3 Tornado spins around you for a long time, destroying everything near you. Just walk around and eradicate the enemies! Note that in the original game, two Goofy cards was instead Goofy Charge, where he charged forward with his shield.

Goofy Smash: Goofy hits an enemy into the air, Sora juggles it higher, and then Goofy and Sora can attack together with the triangle button to slam it down to the ground! Does massive amounts of damage to a single target for how easy it is to do. Requires one Goofy card and then one Attack card.

Wild Crush: Donald and Sora pick up Goofy and run around the battlefield, ramming him into enemies. Does large amounts of damage, but is fairly uncontrollable. Requires Goofy then Donald then an Attack card.

Lucky Bounty Lv2/Lv3: Pluto! Pluto's effect of summoning health and cards but moreso.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
What in the hell happened to Sora's voice actor? It sounds like anime puberty punched him in the throat between games.

EDIT: Right after I posted you literally explained it.

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Roro posted:

What in the hell happened to Sora's voice actor? It sounds like anime puberty punched him in the throat between games.

EDIT: Right after I posted you literally explained it.

As someone said in the Grimrock 2 LP... I love it when people post before watching the whole video. :allears:

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Prythian posted:

As someone said in the Grimrock 2 LP... I love it when people post before watching the whole video. :allears:

After watching the whole video, I can now say that although I'm a dumbass, I'm very disappointed that nobody made a Lion King joke after getting the Simba card.
"You have forgotten yourself Sora, and so you have forgotten me."

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Hi, just chiming in to congratulate you on making it so far. There were about four other LP's that were planning on playing the entire series and this is the only one to make it to the second game! I wish you luck as you continue! :golfclap:

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Hi, just chiming in to congratulate you on making it so far. There were about four other LP's that were planning on playing the entire series and this is the only one to make it to the second game! I wish you luck as you continue! :golfclap:

Well, thank you, I appreciate the sentiment.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Well, just got Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMIX a few moments ago and because of that the stream for it will begin tonight at 9pm central. I am putting it that late because that is when I expect to be home from work. I hope everyone makes time to attend because it is sure to be a blast diving back into this game. The stream will be located here.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
BBS: Terra is a go in the stream!

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Streaming Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep HD and starting with Terra's Story. Come check it out @ https://www.hitbox.tv/gmarcturus.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

jayman52 posted:

Streaming Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep HD and starting with Terra's Story. Come check it out @ https://www.hitbox.tv/gmarcturus.

I'd love to watch, but Hitbox is refusing to load for me.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That Curious George line was pretty great, I have to say.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Gologle posted:

That Curious George line was pretty great, I have to say.

Yeah, every once in a while I do come up with something pretty funny.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Could you make a highlights reel?

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

I'll more than likely be eventually uploading the streams to my Youtube channel. Just need to find a time to get around to it.

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Continuing the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix HD stream in a few moments. Come check it out @ https://www.hitbox.tv/gmarcturus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArctheNomad
Dec 30, 2012

Time for a new update!

New Episodes (Uncut)
Episode 003 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Obstacle Course = Fight Some Enemies"
Episode 004 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Randomness in Monstro"

New Episodes
Episode 003 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Obstacle Course = Fight Some Enemies"
Episode 004 - "Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories HD: Randomness in Monstro"

Jiminy's Journal Update

New Characters (This is actually a character we met in the first update. I just forgot to add his stuff in the thread when I posted the update.)

Axel

New Re: Chain of Memories Heartless

Tornado Step

New World Cards

Olympus Coliseum

Monstro

New Attack Cards

Olympia

Wishing Star

New Summon Cards

Cloud

Dumbo

New Item Card

Hi-Potion

New Enemy Cards

Powerwild

Bouncywild

Large Body

Barrel Spider

Yellow Opera

Search Ghost

Air Soldier

Green Requiem

Tornado Step

A Note On The New Enemy Cards For This Update:
  1. The earliest you can run into Barrel Spiders to get their enemy card is the second floor as long as you place either Agrabah, Olympus Coliseum or Monstro as the second floor world. I just didn't show their battle because it is kind of random which barrels will turn into Barrel Spiders.
  2. You can run into Green Requiems and Tornado Steps in Monstro and attempt to get their enemy card there and the only reason I didn't show them in battle is because Green Requiems are more common in Agrabah and Tornado Steps are more common on Floor 12.

World Stories

Olympus Coliseum

Monstro

• Locked thread