Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Desperado Bones posted:

Bad written names? I knew a "Yim"(Their parents named him "Jim"...or tried)

Let me guess, they did not even realise that it is a diminutive of "James", and that the Spanish equivalent would be names like Jaime or Jacobo? Incidentally, would it be considered pretentious to name your offspring Juan Carlos or Felipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Kopijeger posted:

Let me guess, they did not even realise that it is a diminutive of "James", and that the Spanish equivalent would be names like Jaime or Jacobo? Incidentally, would it be considered pretentious to name your offspring Juan Carlos or Felipe?

Hahaha, who knows, guess they wanted something classy sounding. I always found :psyduck: that they couldn't write well the easiest diminutive in the world. By the way, I have a good friend that her names are a certain Roman emperor's name backwards and one of King Diamond's album. It was her father's idea and to this day she isn't very amused about it.

Edit: Although I'm sounding like an hypocrite. :negative: Mine,although it only lacks an accent, is one of those hippie hard to pronounce names.

ROLEX VISION
Oct 3, 2014

dreams money can buy
What do you think of El Blog Del Narco? Do you read it? I admit I read it a lot with the help of google translate.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

Kopijeger posted:

... Incidentally, would it be considered pretentious to name your offspring Juan Carlos or Felipe?

Both are pretty common names already, and to be frank I don't think anybody in Mexico gives a drat (or is really even up to date on) the Spanish royal family.

What we do have is, as others have mentioned, some extremely misguided naming conventions, including popular fads and the tradition of having the name of the saint on whose day you were born integrated into your name. I once met a little boy who was called "Guiniver", after a (female) character in the Wonder Years, and over the years I've seen some really tacky/weird/arcane/sad names, very often misspelled. Everything from Goku to Anyelina to Stalin and Agripina and, most memorably, "Primera Unidad de Ataque" (First Assault Unit). That guy's parents had been Spanish anarchists and had decided to pass on the revolutionary zeal. He went by "Pua".

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

burnsep posted:

...most memorably, "Primera Unidad de Ataque" (First Assault Unit). That guy's parents had been Spanish anarchists and had decided to pass on the revolutionary zeal. He went by "Pua".

Hahahahaha ok I gotta admit that is the most hardcore name I have ever heard. Did the guy share the ideological zeal of his parents or did he turn out pretty normal?

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005
That guy was a friend of a friend, and I never met him, but I looked around online and apparently there was a renowned architect called PUA Diaz Azorin, whose parents escaped from Spain and brought him over as a baby.

Another favorite is "Anivdelarev", so named because her parents checked the calendar to see which saint she should be named after, but misunderstood the abbreviation for Anniversary of the Revolution.

Here's an article about legislation to ban stupid names (http://mexico.cnn.com/nacional/2014/02/10/rambo-circuncision-escroto-son-ahora-nombres-prohibidos-en-sonora), but I don't think the state should regulate that, both because gently caress them and because it'll make it impossible for me to hang out with Robocop, Rambo, Lady Di, Harry Potter and my best bud, Scrotum.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

I just thought you might want to know that this is the prevailing stereotype of ALL Mexicans in the USA. This is probably because of the proximity of the border states. This also extends to all hispanics, since people conflate them with Mexicans.

In my job I often talk with people from various parts of Mexico who were here to work (legally). What I discovered is that everyone is proud of where they're from and swears that it's the most beautiful part of all of Mexico :)

Do you have any stereotypes about different parts of the United States, different states, regions, etc?

See, I disagree. I think this is the stereotype I hear most often:

Desperado Bones posted:

People from the South and the coast are painted as short and very brown, poor,ignorant and lazy,wearing white shirts, those funny palm hats and sandals with a Caribbean accent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zidyaqYl-hQ

Case in point.

As for my question; the US seems to be on course to legalize marijuana over the next decade, or so (:pray:). How do you think that will impact the operation of the cartels? Do they make most of their money running drugs to the US or domestically? Is it mostly hard drugs or pot?

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

How many times have some narcos or narcos sons came up to you or anyone else you know and offer something like "hide this gun/drugs/person and we'll pay you 300$ out of the kindness of our heart"

Meaning no threats/bad actions happen if you comply?

And on the flip has anyone been forced to hide/transport drugs?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Still Dope posted:

What do you think of El Blog Del Narco? Do you read it? I admit I read it a lot with the help of google translate.

I haven't read it in a while, it was turning too graphic for me.

By the way, the already famous facebook page Valor por Tamaulipas might have been taken by narcos, the owner stopped writing for nearly a week, only to come back saying that was leaving the page to someone "close to the authorities". Yeah,right.

stringball posted:

How many times have some narcos or narcos sons came up to you or anyone else you know and offer something like "hide this gun/drugs/person and we'll pay you 300$ out of the kindness of our heart"

Never.

quote:

Meaning no threats/bad actions happen if you comply?

I stay out of trouble. So far none of my friends is in to shady poo poo. I'm no one important, I don't have connections of any kind,don't own a business, and I don't do drugs and I'm not desperate for money. So far, I'm a nobody with nothing of interest. The worst that could happen to me is getting kidnapped/raped/robbed randomly or getting caught in the middle of a shooting.

quote:

And on the flip has anyone been forced to hide/transport drugs?

I've heard stories where small business owners are forced to sell drugs instead of paying for having a business in the cartel's territory. If they don't comply bad poo poo can happen to them, so many decide to close their business and move away.

burnsep
Jul 3, 2005

KillHour posted:

As for my question; the US seems to be on course to legalize marijuana over the next decade, or so (:pray:). How do you think that will impact the operation of the cartels? Do they make most of their money running drugs to the US or domestically? Is it mostly hard drugs or pot?

Practically none of the drugs the cartels distribute are consumed in Mexico- the massive demand that creates this market is from the US. Also, hard drugs (cocaine, meth etc) are a lot higher-margin gram for gram, so pot is not the biggest contributor to the cartels' bottom lines. It is, however, a contributor, and these are not people who will let any profits go, so I'd be surprised if they're not indirectly funding anti-legalization campaigns in the US.

For further reading, here's a 2010 RAND Corporation analysis on how pot legalization in California would have impacted the drug trade (http://www.rand.org/pubs/occasional_papers/OP325.html, skip to Conclusions), and a more recent article from Vice that paints a different picture (https://news.vice.com/article/legal-pot-in-the-us-is-crippling-mexican-cartels). Both are interesting, both agree that the cartels will not give up this avenue easily, but they diverge on the exact impact on their operating budgets.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I've watched a few of the border patrol shows where they bust people with hidden drugs, a lot of the weed I see looks like absolute garbage, is it really popular to bring or something?

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Captain Log posted:

I mean this as politely as possible, but are you nuts? I've lived in Nashville, Lexington, and outside Kansas city and been able stay in nearly all major American cities

Oh I forgot people consider these places cities. I meant the important cities.

burnsep posted:

Practically none of the drugs the cartels distribute are consumed in Mexico- the massive demand that creates this market is from the US. Also, hard drugs (cocaine, meth etc) are a lot higher-margin gram for gram, so pot is not the biggest contributor to the cartels' bottom lines. It is, however, a contributor, and these are not people who will let any profits go, so I'd be surprised if they're not indirectly funding anti-legalization campaigns in the US.

The bold isn't necessarily true, just because something is more valuable per ounce doesn't mean you make more off of it. It would all depend on how much they sell of each- don't have the numbers offhand but weed is something like 5x as popular as the next drug. Among young people prescription meds (and weed) are becoming far more common than seeing the hard illicit drugs.

I'd also be surprised if it would be possible to influence anti-legalization campaigns. I'm sure it is happening to a limited amount but it's hard to move a significant amount of cash around for political purposes and not have someone notice, citizens united jokes aside. The damage is already done anyway, there's already enough medical/legal states to not need to import anymore. I think Canada has already noticed the effects of this.

tsa fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 2, 2014

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

So the term Tex-Mex has always confused me. I live in Texas and I think the restaurants we usually call "Mexican" would be called "Tex-Mex" in other parts of the US but I'm not really sure what Tex-Mex food actually entails that makes it different from just plain Mexican food. I think fajitas are a specifically Tex-Mex thing but I don't really know. Are there Tex-Mex restaurants in Mexico?

Also how good is your internet connection? Here in the US there are plenty of places with fast internet but also lots of places (like where I live :() where the infrastructure is pretty outdated and sometimes download speed can just randomly slow to a crawl for a while. Is it the same way in Mexico?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

MrWilderheap posted:

So the term Tex-Mex has always confused me. I live in Texas and I think the restaurants we usually call "Mexican" would be called "Tex-Mex" in other parts of the US but I'm not really sure what Tex-Mex food actually entails that makes it different from just plain Mexican food. I think fajitas are a specifically Tex-Mex thing but I don't really know. Are there Tex-Mex restaurants in Mexico?

Also how good is your internet connection? Here in the US there are plenty of places with fast internet but also lots of places (like where I live :() where the infrastructure is pretty outdated and sometimes download speed can just randomly slow to a crawl for a while. Is it the same way in Mexico?

I think not, well, not in the places I've gone. A regular Mexican would look at you with a weird face if you gave them a burrito with rice, or food with that weird yellow-orange cheese, or a hard shell taco. Hard shell tacos are despised. There's a reason Taco Bell was unsuccessful two times. Or perhaps we do have Tex-Mex, but we probably use ingredients that are more common and true to Mexican cuisine that we don't notice that. For example, the only place I can eat chilli is on Carl's Jr here in Tampico, nowhere else.

We have cheap but lovely internet connections, from my understanding. I guess it depends on the service, and place as well? My internet connection is of 10mb, "fast" enough to watch Netflix but I still can't watch anything in HD. Sometimes my service will be interrupted randomly by whatever excuse the company gives me, sometimes for a whole day or a few hours, yet I've been heard my ISP is better than Telmex's :v:

By the way,I think there are places where people are still using 56kb connections.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Desperado Bones posted:

futbol rápido (I really don't know how to translate that term to English)

Oh hey, I can help with this one. I know bugger all Spanish and don't really like sportsball but I did work with a Mexican dude years ago (not very common here in Australia). This is called indoor soccer. Although obviously that isn't a literal translation.

Loco
Dec 6, 2006

Why is.. Those things?

Desperado Bones posted:

A regular Mexican would look at you with a weird face if you gave them a burrito with rice

Seriously, no rice in a burrito? What's their definition of a burrito, then?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Loco posted:

Seriously, no rice in a burrito? What's their definition of a burrito, then?

Any kind of meat with our without beans (not grounded, you don't put ground meat in your tacos) wrapped in flour tortilla,or, oaxaca/chihuahua cheese with slices of ham wrapped in a flour tortilla. It's not something you'll find commonly in restaurants or taco joints that aren't very up in North Mexico or close to the border, so don't think you can walk to a taco place in,I don't know, Chiapas and ask for a burrito. Still, you'll find the microwaved ones in any Oxxo.

By the way,I once ordered a burrito in a very fancy taco restaurant in Tabasco, and what I got was something here in Tampico is known as a sincronizada. A sincronizada is some sort of weird quesadilla, you put a not folded flour tortilla, then ham,cheese, if you wish to lettuce,avocado and tomato, and put another tortilla on top and grill the poo poo out of it. That's it. So my disappointment was big. Hahaha.

Another thing about tacos, the only tacos I know that come with rice are the ones from South Mexico called "Tacos de guisado". That's double corn tortilla,with whatever dish or casserole the cook has,rice and sometimes lettuce. They are usually considered breakfast.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ham? :psyduck:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Jamón.

Dravinski
May 5, 2013

Would you use the ham that is made from reconstituted water or would you go for fresh stuff, preferably?

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Dude don't diss it if you haven't tried it. Just heat up two flour tortillas, put some ham and cheese in the middle, let it melt a little bit in the grill and go to town. Heaven has a place in this world and it is in a Mexican kitchen.

I'm going to put some pictures in this thread of a burrito and several other delicious dishes the next time I go for some. The definition of a burrito is actually a hotly debated topic amongst my friends, as some people define it by just having it be a giant tortilla and whatever inside, other say it consist of the giant tortilla, meat, cheese and beans, and other say it is not a true burrito unless it is served with all of the previous ingredients, plus lettuce and avocado.

Needless to say I have tasted them all and all of them have a place in my arteries.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Dravinski posted:

Would you use the ham that is made from reconstituted water or would you go for fresh stuff, preferably?

You go for the cheap pink ham that's made of only god knows what. The fresh stuff,I guess you mean the usual full fancy cooked ham, is only left for Christmas or New Year.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

In Mexico City burritos aren't very common, I can only think of like 3 places that sell them and one of them is 7-11.

Dravinski
May 5, 2013

Desperado Bones posted:

You go for the cheap pink ham that's made of only god knows what. The fresh stuff,I guess you mean the usual full fancy cooked ham, is only left for Christmas or New Year.

Thanks, I think I'll give that a go then.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Chernabog posted:

In Mexico City burritos aren't very common, I can only think of like 3 places that sell them and one of them is 7-11.

Over here, there's a Mexican fried chicken chain that sells burritos. They are complete full crap.

papasyhotcakes
Oct 18, 2008

Chernabog posted:

Desperado Bones posted:

Over here, there's a Mexican fried chicken chain that sells burritos. They are complete full crap.

I'm so so sorry for you my friends.

Here any place that sells tacos also sells burritos, gringas (think a burrito but with trompo meat, similar to shawarma-style meat), campechanas (both normal and trompo meat), all of them in huge flour tortillas. You can see why North Mexico has one of the biggest obesity problems in Latin America.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

papasyhotcakes posted:

I'm so so sorry for you my friends.

Here any place that sells tacos also sells burritos, gringas (think a burrito but with trompo meat, similar to shawarma-style meat), campechanas (both normal and trompo meat), all of them in huge flour tortillas. You can see why North Mexico has one of the biggest obesity problems in Latin America.

You might have your burritos and gringas, but once I go to visit my mother for Christmas I'll be fattening myself with tortas de cochinita,tamales,tacos,panuchos,carnitas,platanitos rellenos and all the rest of the delicious Southern food. :colbert:

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

platanitos rellenos

I had to google this one, it sounds amazing. Do you have a recipe you'd share? Most of what I'm seeing on the internet claims Cuban or Peruvian origin. Food is really the only reason I'm looking forward to going back to the southwest for the holidays; I miss carne asada and carnitas tacos so much. Also actual salsa.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Are there a bunch of groups/meetups/communities with things that would only be through a sort of meetup online?

Things like anime/reddit/bronies/furries/gaming lan parties/midnight releases of games/consoles?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

papasyhotcakes posted:

Dude don't diss it if you haven't tried it. Just heat up two flour tortillas, put some ham and cheese in the middle, let it melt a little bit in the grill and go to town. Heaven has a place in this world and it is in a Mexican kitchen.

I'm going to put some pictures in this thread of a burrito and several other delicious dishes the next time I go for some. The definition of a burrito is actually a hotly debated topic amongst my friends, as some people define it by just having it be a giant tortilla and whatever inside, other say it consist of the giant tortilla, meat, cheese and beans, and other say it is not a true burrito unless it is served with all of the previous ingredients, plus lettuce and avocado.

Needless to say I have tasted them all and all of them have a place in my arteries.

I'm not saying it would be bad. It's just that a ham and cheese burrito is basically a hot pocket.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Irony.or.Death posted:

I had to google this one, it sounds amazing. Do you have a recipe you'd share? Most of what I'm seeing on the internet claims Cuban or Peruvian origin. Food is really the only reason I'm looking forward to going back to the southwest for the holidays; I miss carne asada and carnitas tacos so much. Also actual salsa.

The recipe might have Cuban roots, because Tabasco is quite close to the Caribbean and Central America. Also, banana is used a loving lot in Tabasco's local recipes, along with pork meat.

I found this page with a gently caress ton of recipes, it's in Spanish, so I advice you for a translator:

http://www.recetas-mexicanas.ethno-botanik.org/mexico/tabasco/

The ones I've eaten are filled with cheese and are made with unripe banana. It's glorious, I swear. Here's another recipe, also in Spanish:

http://taniasobrevilla.blogspot.mx/2013/05/platanos-rellenos-de-queso.html

stringball posted:

Are there a bunch of groups/meetups/communities with things that would only be through a sort of meetup online?

Things like anime/reddit/bronies/furries/gaming lan parties/midnight releases of games/consoles?

Yes. We have a ton of anime fans. By now, nearly every town or city on the country has at least an anime and comic convention. There are a bunch of Magic/other card games tournaments, and recently I found out that here in Tampico there's a group of Nintendo aficionados that gather to play with their DS-things.

Furries,bronies and redditors? I seriously don't know. That question should be answered by any goon living in Mexico City, because it's one of the world's biggest cities and from my understanding any crazy poo poo can happen there.

Pachinko
Aug 23, 2013
Is it true that the Mexican cartels have taken over the lemon and lime industry as well?
I heard that they have been killing farmers and stealing their land, replacing staff with their own, or holding the lemon pickers at gunpoint.

Are all your utility bills on average 80 usd combined per month?
How do you feel about development real-estate catering to foreigners?

Pachinko fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 4, 2014

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Pachinko posted:

Is it true that the Mexican cartels have taken over the lemon and lime industry as well?
I heard that they have been killing farmers and stealing their land, replacing staff with their own, or holding the lemon pickers at gunpoint.

Are all your utility bills on average 80 usd combined per month?
How do you feel about development real-estate catering to foreigners?

We had a "crisis" where the lemon prices went ridiculous up, because the farmer's trucks were being held by the narcos. I really haven't researched and see what really happened.

The utility bills depend on where do you live, and how many people live in a house. For example, because my grandma is an old person and lives in a very poor neighborhood, she doesn't have to pay too much. I live alone, in a "nice" neighborhood and don't own an A/C, so I end paying around around $60 a month (only when the electricity,internet and water bills come together. Electricity is paid every two-three months).

My mother, on the other side, lives with my other two sisters and my nephew, they own A/Cs and so on...she ends paying like 150 usd, or more, I think.

BUT cheap services doesn't mean they are good services.

About the real-estate? I don't know...we are hosed? We have been hosed since the PRI and the majority of the politicians fell in love with Neoliberalism. We have been hosed since they make deals with foreigners to sell whatever they can snatch away. We have been hosed since they can freely be as corrupted as they want.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Have you ever heard of the game Tropico? If you have, what do you think of it? It's sort of a city-building game with a tongue-in-cheek / satirical feel where you play as the ruler of a Latin American country. Is it offensive? How about Kerbal Space Program? It's actually being developed by a Mexican game studio, which is a pretty positive and neat thing!

Do you know what the gaming scene is like in general? For example, the gaming scene in different countries varies tremendously: in the USA it's about consoles and casual games or First Person Shooters, in Germany they go mad for Simulations, in Japan most people game on consoles or in arcades, while in Eastern Europe the PC is king.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Have you ever heard of the game Tropico? If you have, what do you think of it? It's sort of a city-building game with a tongue-in-cheek / satirical feel where you play as the ruler of a Latin American country. Is it offensive? How about Kerbal Space Program? It's actually being developed by a Mexican game studio, which is a pretty positive and neat thing!

I'm more of a casual gamer, so I'm not much in the scene (I'm more in to first person shooters and rpgs). Some of those questions I can't answer.

quote:

Do you know what the gaming scene is like in general? For example, the gaming scene in different countries varies tremendously: in the USA it's about consoles and casual games or First Person Shooters, in Germany they go mad for Simulations, in Japan most people game on consoles or in arcades, while in Eastern Europe the PC is king.

I do remember fads, like years ago when I was a teen, arcades were the poo poo. We even had a national Street Fighter tournament. Then there was a moment where everyone was playing Tibia,which is a sort of outdated game that I still don't get why people went crazy about it.

Like I said, I'm not much in to it, and seeing what my friends like doesn't help. Hahaha, like some are obsessed with their Nintendo DS and Pokemon, others over their X-boxes. I have friends that can't stop talking about Dota 2. :shrug:

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Can you tell us about health departments/FDA/OSHA?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

stringball posted:

Can you tell us about health departments/FDA/OSHA?

I think health departments are different than in the US? I mean, you don't forcibly need an insurance to go to good a doctor.

We have the Secretaría de Salud, which is the one that looks over all over the country's health, and food and beverages. So I guess they are the the US health departments mixed with the FDA and OSHA. But in reality it works for poo poo, because all the food/drinks and medicine that gets banned in the US is easily and freely provided in our country (And no,I don't mean cases like vegemite or kinder eggs, I mean pseudo medicine that's dangerous).

But to put a bit more,we have what I call private hospitals and then you have the public ones. Private hospitals are generally nice and fancy, and you don't need an insurance...you just walk in, get an appointment, pay and off you go.

Public ones are sort of hellish. In those ones you sort of need an social insurance, but that one is provided by your bosses if you are a worker, or your school/university if you are a student. ISSTE and IMSS are the ones. I have insurance for the IMSS and once went to the emergency room over a weird pain in my stomach, the emergency room was crammed and...scary.

PEMEX's hospitals are another ones, but they are private and only relatives of/and PEMEX's employees can make use of it services.

Secretaría del Trabajo y Previsión Social, are the ones who "take care" of the workers, helps in any problems they have with their insurance,makes sure the labor laws are followed.

Of course, this is Mexico and bureaucracy, so everything is corrupted one way or another. Many companies find loop holes so they don't have to provide you with social insurance.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Sorry by health department I meant for food service, as in gross, mishandled , expired disease etc

A common thing when my family or anyone at all pretty much is don't drink faucet or other spigot water or else you've got liquid shits

Where do poor cities/states get drinkable water?

If you go to an emergency room with prior debt/unpaid bills can they turn you away?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

stringball posted:

Sorry by health department I meant for food service, as in gross, mishandled , expired disease etc

Secretaria de Salud handles that, according to my quick research. Remember that things will be handled way different than in the US. They are the ones who inspect your restaurant and see if you keep things clean...of course you can always give them a small "mordida" (money) and they will pretend everything is fine (My godmother was a baker and that's the way she would deal with the health inspectors).PROFECO is where you usually go if you want to put a demand, or complain, on a company for being fraudulent assholes.

quote:

A common thing when my family or anyone at all pretty much is don't drink faucet or other spigot water or else you've got liquid shits

Where do poor cities/states get drinkable water?

Bottled water. Everywhere. In all the states I've been in,people just drink bottled water. Or they dare to get the liquid shits. I remember a time when you could drink tap water in Mexico City, but I'm not sure if that's even possible anymore.

I know that in some extremely extra poor places they still get water from wells, lagoons or rivers. That's why the Secretaria de Salud and IMSS are usually -in theory- handling iodine or teaching poor people how to boil the water before consuming it. Of course, that doesn't stop the sudden cholera epidemics.

quote:

If you go to an emergency room with prior debt/unpaid bills can they turn you away?

Not that I know. In a private hospital you can pay in cash. In the IMSS you don't pay the insurance, the company that employs you does; you practically have free medicines and medical service. I think hospitals don't care about your credit? As long as your credit card is accepted, they just want the sweet moneys. I think you can even end owing them,hahaha.

My ex's family had huge,enormous debts, and they were never turned away. So was my godmother. So,I don't know. I guess not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I had to look this up, but Vegemite isn't banned in the US. You can buy it in a few specialty stores or online. It's just that nobody buys it.

• Locked thread