Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

I've been dicking around the past couple days, this game definitely is trying the be the new SWG, which is good.

I'm in as Chest Rockwell, if any of you goobs are still playing before the wipe.

BTW, which somebody already mentioned, you can /buff [insert skill] to max it out and get an idea of what the game has to offer.

Edit: The reddit meme comics in the OP are really disheartening

red state bait fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I find them really heartening.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

No, they're pretty poo poo.

There's a wipe tomorrow, right?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

If you can't like the quality of those images then you probably won't like the quality of this game.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Anticheese posted:

There's a wipe tomorrow, right?

Yeah there's supposed to be a wipe tomorrow. When I'm not sure.

BERGfu fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 26, 2014

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape

Xavier434 posted:

Looks like I need to brush up on my vocabulary for this game. Skillets, fillets, and flounders? I get that these are currencies of some sort but what roles do each play? Skillets sound like your typical "give us your real money and we give you this cash shop currency which cannot be obtained in any other way" sort of thing, but what about the other two?

Joke's on you, you mistook a circle jerking shitpost for actual advice! Their payment model is F2P, with stuff like character slots, bank slots, ability to govern cities or create rogue nations unlockable if you buy a permanent silver/gold/platinum "membership". There's also a cash shop with cosmetic and convenience items.

Anybody know when the pvp server opens? I just want to steal noob's shirts.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

red state bait posted:

Edit: The reddit meme comics in the OP are really disheartening

The meme comics are actually good.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Slarlid posted:

Joke's on you, you mistook a circle jerking shitpost for actual advice! Their payment model is F2P, with stuff like character slots, bank slots, ability to govern cities or create rogue nations unlockable if you buy a permanent silver/gold/platinum "membership". There's also a cash shop with cosmetic and convenience items.

There has to be a circle in order to jerk.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

red state bait posted:

The reddit meme comics in the OP are really disheartening

Anticheese posted:

No, they're pretty poo poo.

i wonder how much longer goons can be up their own rear end about how much better they are then pubbies

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i, a part of the goon master race, look down on your meme comics and seek to improve the thread by making really bad posts to register my displeasure

im also a big dumb stupid fat goony moron

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Slarlid posted:

Heh I should have known better. Then again, with all of the weird MMO currency names out there already...

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
single emoticon response

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

goon.png

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
im ten bux better than a pubbie and im here to tell you why

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Slarlid posted:

im ten bux better than a pubbie and im here to tell you why

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Repopulation is a fun game and you should play it if you feel like spending 25 bucks or wait if you know don't.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

i wonder how much longer goons can be up their own rear end about how much better they are then pubbies

Other way around friend. We are far worse than pubbies.

Also Someone get me a Gamecube Adapter for the Wii U. I'll steam gift you something or lick your balls.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Drinkfist posted:

Other way around friend. We are far worse than pubbies.

Also Someone get me a Gamecube Adapter for the Wii U. I'll steam gift you something or lick your balls.

:( apparently my wii u gamepad got jostled too hard when I moved and now the screen is hosed

so now I can't set up my wifi because nintendo requires you to use their gamepad for all the configuration

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

:( apparently my wii u gamepad got jostled too hard when I moved and now the screen is hosed

so now I can't set up my wifi because nintendo requires you to use their gamepad for all the configuration

Is it under warranty?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Widestancer posted:

Is it under warranty?

HEY YOU. MOTHERFUCKER COMES INTO MUMBLE SAYS THREE WORDS AND loving LEAVE US. GET BACK IN HERE YOU ANTISOCIAL gently caress. ILL GIFT YOU LUTHIENCE'S COPY OF 7 DAYS TO DIE SO WE CAN PUNCH ZOMBIES.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Oh yeah and I still totally need that adapter.

Edit:

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 27, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Drinkfist posted:

HEY YOU. MOTHERFUCKER COMES INTO MUMBLE SAYS THREE WORDS AND loving LEAVE US. GET BACK IN HERE YOU ANTISOCIAL gently caress. ILL GIFT YOU LUTHIENCE'S COPY OF 7 DAYS TO DIE SO WE CAN PUNCH ZOMBIES.

I had to hunt elephants with a grenade launcher but I can do that in your channel next time :3

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Drinkfist posted:

Oh yeah and I still totally need that adapter.

Edit:

Loving this image. It reminds me of why I like Black Friday and Cyber Monday so much. It makes people go batshit insane. It is like licking pubbie tears except it involves the general populace.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Eonwe posted:

i, a part of the goon master race, look down on your meme comics and seek to improve the thread by making really bad posts to register my displeasure

im also a big dumb stupid fat goony moron

theyre just not funny, we all know it

if they were funny, great! but they're not, you see

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont see tho

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

What's everyone's favorite aerosol weapon?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

What's everyone's favorite aerosol weapon?

I like turning compressed air upside down and freezing things while making Arnold quotes.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
"Ice to see you?"

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
I love how there was supposed to be a wipe on the 26th, and there hasn't been one yet because the devs didn't seem to take into account Thanksgiving weekend. This can only bode well for the future.

Vespsianus
Nov 29, 2014

Even Gramps is better at internet wizardry than you whippersnappers this shitlord.

:gitgud:
I want to pay my 25bux and play but I can't find a link to do so. I've been to all their pages and every link about this just leads to page telling about it, not a signup.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Vespsianus posted:

I want to pay my 25bux and play but I can't find a link to do so. I've been to all their pages and every link about this just leads to page telling about it, not a signup.

Normally, here: https://www.therepopulation.com/crowdfunding/

quote:

Round 3 pledging is officially over. We will be back shortly with new offerings. Thanks for your interest.

Looks like you will need to wait a few days to see what the new offerings will be.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
If you're really desperate to throw money at them or something, you can use the bump-up page and just set the number to $25

https://www.therepopulation.com/crowdfunding/projects/the-repopulation-pledge-upgrade/

People on Reddit and the main Repopulation forums have done it with success. There's not really much point right now until they wipe for the next phase, unless you feel looking at maxed skills or trying combat with starter weapons i guess.

ComradeBigT fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 30, 2014

advion
Jul 25, 2005
I've been popping into the alpha periodically ever since it was launched for donators. I log in maybe three times a month but just haven't had time to play and bug test this one so much yet. Happy to see a few familiar faces from AA following this.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

angerbot posted:

"Ice to see you?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEcGJe7rVPI

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Hell, you can't even look at the maxed skills now. The wipe didn't happen on the 26th, but they did remove the /buff command that day and I don't know if it was brought back since. And so far nothing but silence on the actual wipe date now.

So far kind of regretting spending that $25 now, but then again the game hasn't really taken off yet, either.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Hell, you can't even look at the maxed skills now. The wipe didn't happen on the 26th, but they did remove the /buff command that day and I don't know if it was brought back since. And so far nothing but silence on the actual wipe date now.

So far kind of regretting spending that $25 now, but then again the game hasn't really taken off yet, either.

I was able to use the /buff command literally 2 days ago, so it should still work.

Also, I found out the developer is located in Bloomington, Illinois. I didn't know Central Illinois even had any game developers.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Solvency posted:

Also, I found out the developer is located in Bloomington, Illinois. I didn't know Central Illinois even had any game developers.

I was looking for where they were based out of and could never find it. Perhaps they updated a page somewhere and did it. Are they still going on about how one of them assisted in the creation of Virtua Tennis?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
I want to play a mmopeger where I can have a hipster build and still be midly viable in pvp. Does this game have a progression system with enough depth and balance for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

SweetBro posted:

I want to play a mmopeger where I can have a hipster build and still be midly viable in pvp. Does this game have a progression system with enough depth and balance for that?

yes

• Locked thread