Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Roy's "Holy poo poo, I hit something!" face every time he gets to shoot an arrow is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Roy's "Holy poo poo, I hit something!" face every time he gets to shoot an arrow is the best.

It's probably not acting and Haynes is amazed they let his character do something other than pointless flips.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

I regret paying to see that in the theater, hilariously bad though. I almost blacked out laughing when I first saw this scene. That and, "If I see you in hell, I'll kick you up!"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Writh posted:

I regret paying to see that in the theater, hilariously bad though. I almost blacked out laughing when I first saw this scene. That and, "If I see you in hell, I'll kick you up!"

Wait, Punisher War Zone was actually in theatres?

Fake Edit: Holy poo poo, it had a budget of loving $35 million? :stare:

Until now I thought it was just a great dumb straight-to-video movie.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Accretionist posted:

I just watched the pilot. We need more parkour. They used to have more and it owned.
Yeah, outside of Ollie scaling the occasional building in season 1, we don't get enough of these stunts.

limeincoke posted:

Annnnd finally got all caught up. My initial thoughts? If they're just cribbing the cast of Spartacus, I wish they'd hire the fight coordinator as well. The fight choreography in Arrow is extremely lacking. Apparently everyone in the city was trained by the same person who spent a lot of time worrying about how to spin someone to the ground with your legs.
Really? They might overdo some stuff, but otherwise the Arrow stunt team are probably the best on TV. Whereas Spartacus stunt dudes were like "okay, so this is the bit where you jump at your opponent with an overhead attack while yelling".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Most of the people who we've seen fight on the show actually come from a limited number of schools too.

League members presumably all fight the same style as each other. We still don't know who trained Ollie properly. Slade certainly didn't teach him the style he uses, but you can see parts of it when he fights. Diggle fights in a distinctively different way.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
On a completely unrelated note, I really like it when Diggle needs to put on the Arrow's outfit

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Aphrodite posted:

Most of the people who we've seen fight on the show actually come from a limited number of schools too.

League members presumably all fight the same style as each other. We still don't know who trained Ollie properly. Slade certainly didn't teach him the style he uses, but you can see parts of it when he fights. Diggle fights in a distinctively different way.

Roy was trained by Mary Lou Retton.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Valeyard posted:

On a completely unrelated note, I really like it when Diggle needs to put on the Arrow's outfit

Didn't that happen just the one time? They should do it more often.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Habibi posted:

They really should. Then a few episodes later have Ollie walk by two guys arguing over whether the Arrow is a black guy or a white guy.

"Dude, I saw him he was a black guy!"
"It was just dark bro, everyone knows he's a crazy white guy!"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
"Diggle, you forgot something."

"C'mon, Oliver, I'm wearing the suit."

"DIGGLE..."

"Ugghhhhh, fine." *attaches fake blond goatee*

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New promo for the crossover straight out from Amell's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=762059657212637

Slight spoilers, other than that, HOLY poo poo :flashfap:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Pretty much confirmation that they're fighting The Rogues.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That close-up of Ollie catching Barry's fist from those previews looks so gloriously cheesy. I can't loving wait.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Stephen Amell is really into doing as many stunts as possible himself so they probably put in less parkour scenes out of fear that he'd kill himself.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JohnSherman posted:

It's easier to replace a paralyzed lead actor in the pilot than it is in the third season.

They had to mostly use a stunt man for the pilot but since Stephen has done as much as possible himself. He's joked on Facebook about how he tries to make it so his stunt man does as little work as possible.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

VagueRant posted:

Yeah, outside of Ollie scaling the occasional building in season 1, we don't get enough of these stunts.
Really? They might overdo some stuff, but otherwise the Arrow stunt team are probably the best on TV. Whereas Spartacus stunt dudes were like "okay, so this is the bit where you jump at your opponent with an overhead attack while yelling".

Honestly Arrow fight scenes aren't up to par with most series of Power Rangers(the out of suits parts).

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New promo for the crossover straight out from Amell's FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=762059657212637

Slight spoilers, other than that, HOLY poo poo :flashfap:

I love Diggle.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I kind of wonder which parts of the preview are from Arrow and which are from The Flash.

Also, HOLY poo poo GUYS. Seriously this is amazing, tommorow going to watch THE FLASH team up with GREEN ARROW, then the next night watch the 2nd part.

I really hope that every mid season finale is a cross over. That would be loving the best.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Habibi posted:

It happened really early on, so Ollie could use it as an excuse of "hey see if I was here, how could I be the Arrow who was conveniently spotted just now? :smug:" and then he had Diggle beat him up in the costume to get Mrs Queen to spill da beans on THE UNDERTAKING~!~!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Hollismason posted:

I kind of wonder which parts of the preview are from Arrow and which are from The Flash.

Also, HOLY poo poo GUYS. Seriously this is amazing, tommorow going to watch THE FLASH team up with GREEN ARROW, then the next night watch the 2nd part.

I really hope that every mid season finale is a cross over. That would be loving the best.

It really takes time to sink in doesn't it? Seriously, if a few years ago someone told me this was going to be a thing happening on tv I would have called them a liar. If they told me I would be watching anything the CW I would have thought they were insane.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
In five years, when we're gearing up for the big Arrow/Flash/Agents of SHIELD/Amazing Spider-Man/Wolverine crossover episode event, we're gonna look back at tomorrow and remember how it all started.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Watching that preview makes me dislike Barry a good bit.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

greatn posted:

Honestly Arrow fight scenes aren't up to par with most series of Power Rangers(the out of suits parts).

Well, that's because they hire martial artists for the lead roles in Power Rangers, and hope that they're servicable actors too.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

DoctorWhat posted:

Well, that's because they hire martial artists for the lead roles in Power Rangers, and hope that they're servicable actors too.

It's more choreography.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They don't fight like my animes.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The Lord Bude posted:

You forgot 'Roy grunts and makes a face like he's really constipated and desperately trying to squeeze out a poo poo'

Colton Haynes has said that he basically doesn't do anything more strenuous than walk across a room. In the action sequences he's his stunt double's face double. I guess he wants to do his hardest for those bits.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Phylodox posted:

In five years, when we're gearing up for the big Arrow/Flash/Agents of SHIELD/Amazing Spider-Man/Wolverine crossover episode event, we're gonna look back at tomorrow and remember how it all started.

Amell said he wants to do an AoS crossover in the Q&A he put up on Facebook today. :laugh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phylodox posted:

Flash vs The Arrow vs Supergirl next year.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I really appreciate how much that dude loves what he does and how incredibly into it he obviously is.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Flash vs The Arrow vs Supergirl next year.

You mean Ollie and Kara in Love

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
"Flarrow"

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Phylodox posted:

I really appreciate how much that dude loves what he does and how incredibly into it he obviously is.

I have never regretted friending him on Facebook.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Burning_Monk posted:

I have never regretted friending him on Facebook.

I have. He said mean things about the Seahawks I'll never forgive him :mad: (Never being until the next time he makes a cool post on Twitter or Facebook so immediately)

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=111629

Well, this is unexpected and pretty cool.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's a pretty great guy. I want to high five him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

We have confirmation of another return to the show

Slade

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm listening to Stephen Amell's appearance on Aisha Tyler's podcast, and one tidbit he mentions is that season two's budget was HALF of what they had for season one.

That's crazytown impressive, given what they pulled off last year.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

This is fantastic news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Oh hell yes.

• Locked thread