Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

What exactly is she trying to say about Obama's daughters exactly? That they're dressed inappropriately?

They look awfully normal to me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Tab8715 posted:

What exactly is she trying to say about Obama's daughters exactly? That they're dressed inappropriately?

It's the same filter that has them seeing Michelle Obama as a grossly obese blob.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I've got a problem with this. I don't agree with what the lady said and I think she deserves to be called out for saying it but what the gently caress does her childhood arrest have to do with anything? What the gently caress gave anyone the right to go off and dig up poo poo about her that happened years ago and write about it for the purpose of smearing her? I don't appreciate this kind of poo poo at all. But hey, welcome to the new reality of everything in your life being an open book for any shitlord to use as they want.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

radical meme posted:

I've got a problem with this. I don't agree with what the lady said and I think she deserves to be called out for saying it but what the gently caress does her childhood arrest have to do with anything? What the gently caress gave anyone the right to go off and dig up poo poo about her that happened years ago and write about it for the purpose of smearing her? I don't appreciate this kind of poo poo at all. But hey, welcome to the new reality of everything in your life being an open book for any shitlord to use as they want.

Its been that way for a lot longer.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tab8715 posted:

They're BLACK

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

radical meme posted:

Because she's a prissy, judgemental moralizing church lady and obviously an Obama hater who got up on her platform as a public figure and said some really stupid, hurtful poo poo about a couple of good decent kids. Maybe digging up her past wasn't appropriate but I really don't give a poo poo given her knee-jerk hate and (newly revealed) hypocrisy. She deserves the humiliation if nothing else.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I just love the irony of the free market soundly rejecting Atlas Shrugged and the funder just refusing to give up on it.

Nah, Rand has that covered too. They get to be a tragic figure like Roark instead of an actualized fantasy like Galt. Either way, they are "doing it right" and "will eventually be recognized".

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Hmm someone making a strong, dumb opinion on social media about a public figure's children and their attitude/behavior? I wonder how the original critic's own past is relevant to the conversation.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

radical meme posted:

Train left years ago.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

radical meme posted:

You realize this wasn't random, right? She was moralizing about the behavior of teenagers and making dumb proclamations from what she thought was her position of moral high ground as white religious person. It strikes me as relevant to point out that she fails her own standard when it is applied to her own life, and that, specifically as a religious person, she should be concerned about the 2x4 in her own eye before attempting to chase down motes in the eyes of teenagers who didn't loving do anything wrong.

Depending on what her employment was she might not have lost her job. It just turns out in this case, when your job is Communications Director, it is expected that you should be more skilled at not having your lovely opinions go viral.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 2, 2014

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Crowsbeak posted:

Its been that way for a lot longer.

Nonsense posted:

Train left years ago.

This is probably true however, it just seems that the space between discovering this kind of info and its publication has narrowed dramatically, resulting in less of an opportunity to reflect on its true value as news or even the morality of publishing it. From a journalism standpoint, that info has zero value as news in my opinion. There's no difference between the story of "young white female racist says dumb thing" and "young white female racist with a juvenile arrest says dumb thing". Morally, why gently caress with someone's life that way; nobody deserves that. She didn't say anything that did permanent harm to Obama's kids. Publishing her arrest record as a juvie will follow her forever. Nobody loving deserves that.

edit: I don't agree with you ErIog. Publishing her arrest record went too far in response to her stupid Facebook post.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 2, 2014

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Steve Crowder's newest video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ycl0-zTjLE4

Special Needs Abortion: A Holocaust

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

radical meme posted:

edit: I don't agree with you ErIog. Publishing her arrest record went too far in response to her stupid Facebook post.

She's white and religious. Nobody's gonna give a poo poo about her juvenile arrest record. She'll have another job before the end of the week.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

radical meme posted:

This is probably true however, it just seems that the space between discovering this kind of info and its publication has narrowed dramatically, resulting in less of an opportunity to reflect on its true value as news or even the morality of publishing it. From a journalism standpoint, that info has zero value as news in my opinion. There's no difference between the story of "young white female racist says dumb thing" and "young white female racist with a juvenile arrest says dumb thing". Morally, why gently caress with someone's life that way; nobody deserves that. She didn't say anything that did permanent harm to Obama's kids. Publishing her arrest record as a juvie will follow her forever. Nobody loving deserves that.

Do you believe she's in some kind of risk for permanent harm herself? Like do you legitimately believe a woman in her position is going to be denied a job because of her juvie record? Do you believe there's literally any harm at risk of happening here?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
She lost her job, so yeah.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

radical meme posted:

She was a communications director that posted something that offended a huge number of people. Maybe she should be in charge of something else instead?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

radical meme posted:

She lost her job because her literal entire role in the office was communications and she said something so stupid it made people go 'look at this idiot who works for an actual lawmaker', it had nothing to do with her juvie record.

Like, if I handle food and poo poo my pants in work and they go 'man you can't work here if you're gonna poo poo your pants all the time' and fire me, then later a buddy goes 'hah it's funny he was making fun of pants shitters before' that has nothing to with me being fired, it's just a funny thing showing what an idiot I am.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

radical meme posted:

"I would suggest that we analyze and copy the strategy of the enemy; theirs has worked and ours has not." Its a very effective way to deal with the enemy, use it.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

radical meme posted:

I think that happened before the teenager stuff came out.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
Lauten's LinkedIn profile states her specialties are "Political strategy on social media platforms (particularly Facebook and Twitter)."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

radical meme posted:

destroy them

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

SedanChair posted:

destroy them

The thing is, in her field of work the behavior she displayed is tolerated, if not worthy of a badge of honor. She's now a hero to her industry.

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
The Obama girls dont have the privilege of having shoplifted something and getting the kids-will-be-kids admonishment, otherwise they would surely have learned 'class' like this nice white lady.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You guys are trying way to hard to justify something you'd never want to happen to you for posting something stupid on the internet.

radical meme fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Dec 2, 2014

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

radical meme posted:

You guys are trrying way to hard to justify something you'd never happen to you for posting something stupid on the internet.

That's the point, and I intend to keep it that way. If you are political in any way even for the betterment of mankind you throw the dice.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

As liberals, we must strictly adhere to certain principles even if it means enabling lovely people to keep doing lovely things, making the country even shittier.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

radical meme posted:

You guys are trying way to hard to justify something you'd never want to happen to you for posting something stupid on the internet.

You never answered what harm she was at risk of facing by the way.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

beatlegs posted:

As liberals, we must strictly adhere to certain principles even if it means enabling lovely people to keep doing lovely things, making the country even shittier.

Actually that's what Communists have to do, the whole point of Liberalism is that you get to not have any principles.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You never answered what harm she was at risk of facing by the way.

I think I did. She lost her job. She deserves scorn and derision for her lovely ideas and opinions, not her juvenile indiscretions.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I think people aren't fully grasping one of the vital functions of right wing think tanks. Ever since the Republicans embraced the Southern Strategy, they've have numerous positions designed specifically to hold people who overstep their language or make some other mistake (like committing warcrimes). They work there for a few years, publish some papers and get a reputation as an "intellectual". Then they go back right where they were, older and wiser. People usually don't pay too much attention to staff so generally it isn't a big deal. If that doesn't work, either have them do a quick apology and say that they have changed or fire them and the hiring manager that "let them slip through". Have an unrelated colleague hire the hiring manager and find a cushy lobbying/industry job for the controversial person. Granted, there are pay cuts associated with gently caress-ups like that, but why shouldn't there be?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

radical meme posted:

I think I did. She lost her job. She deserves scorn and derision for her lovely ideas and opinions, not her juvenile indiscretions.

That's what happened. The juvenile charge is just a kick while she's down, not anything she's being punished or specifically ridiculed for.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Furthermore she literally cast aspersions on two teenagers with no criminal record at all. Oh turns out you had a juvenile record? Hang on, I have to retrieve my Pyrex brand measuring cup to catch your tears in. How targeted you are.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Now Crowder is tweeting youtube comments about his video and saying "this is liberals beliefs on life" and not "this is youtube comments"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also it's important to remind white Americans who've committed crimes not to be throwing stones, especially at two completely innocent people because quite frankly her crimes were execution worthy in 2014, she just wasn't praying hard enough to understand why.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
From the U.S. Poltics November thread:

uncurable mlady posted:

Good question. Nothing ever dies on the Internet, though.

Remember, SA is being placed in the Library of Congress! http://blogs.loc.gov/folklife/2014/06/getting-serious-about-collecting-and-preserving-digital-culture/

Ha! We're all hosed.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I literally heard a local talk show host on WNIR declare (and partially agree with a caller) that there is going to be a "Race War".

What.

The.

gently caress.

beatlegs posted:

Here's the full interview with Rock that set Crowder off. Good read:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/11/chris-rock-frank-rich-in-conversation.html

Chris Rock loving owns. His bit on Minimum Wage is smart as hell, and is loving accurate.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

radical meme posted:

You super didn't because I asked what harm comes from saying 'you loving idiot, you were arrested as a kid and you're randomly making GBS threads on 2 kids with a clean record for looking like punks?' and you said she lost her job, but that happened before the thing I'm talking about. So, no harm?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

crusader_complex posted:

The Obama girls dont have the privilege of having shoplifted something and getting the kids-will-be-kids admonishment, otherwise they would surely have learned 'class' like this nice white lady.

Yes but meanwhile DID YOU KNOW WHAT WAS ON THE MENU TODAY AT THE OBAMA GIRL'S PRIVATE SCHOOL?

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.
The only way you can look at the Obama girls in that press conference and think they look trashy/slutty/Up To No Good is if you are a racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ninjasaurus posted:

The only way you can look at the Obama girls in that press conference and think they look trashy/slutty/Up To No Good is if you are a racist.

Exactly. She deserved to be ridiculed for what she said.

If people don't understand the harm in posting Tatum Girlparts' juvie record on the internet then I don't know what to say to you.