Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CuwiKhons posted:

The really charming part about this video is Grunkle Stan officiating the wedding and looking amused by it. He loves Mabel so much that he just rolls with all the wacky poo poo she does :3:

And Dipper's "...the hell is this?" look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

it wouldn't be a goat pic without a gold ring

malleusmalefic
Jan 1, 2014
I marathoned this show a few weeks ago and now I'm having cartoon withdrawls. It's such a good show, and it's really loving awesome to hear Matt Chapman on my TV.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

malleusmalefic posted:

I marathoned this show a few weeks ago and now I'm having cartoon withdrawls. It's such a good show, and it's really loving awesome to hear Matt Chapman on my TV.

try Over The Garden Wall
http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/over-the-garden-wall/episodes/

or Rick And Morty for something a little more dark
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/

malleusmalefic
Jan 1, 2014

Been meaning to check out Over the Garden Wall, should get on that. Everything I've read or seen about it was very promising. I've seen a couple episodes of Rick And Morty but it just wasn't my thing. Maybe I'll give it another shot soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Seriously, Dipper's so angry at this abomination of a wedding. He's literally ಠ_ಠ

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

The_Doctor posted:

Seriously, Dipper's so angry at this abomination of a wedding. He's literally ಠ_ಠ

that expression is pretty clearly 'I think my sister is retarded'

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

malleusmalefic posted:

If you're still hungering for more Matt Chapman on TV check out the Aquabats Super Show. There's an episode where he essentially plays Strong Bad mask and all.

malleusmalefic
Jan 1, 2014

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

If you're still hungering for more Matt Chapman on TV check out the Aquabats Super Show. There's an episode where he essentially plays Strong Bad mask and all.

I have seen it! Only watched that episode, thought it was pretty good. I'd watch more. Is Wander Over Yonder worth watching? I know he's involved with that as well.

I've been making my way through Homestar toons as well, which are loving timeless and will never get boring. Also sbemails.

I've been walking on clouds and flipping off rainbows / On the wiiiiings of an emaaaill

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Homestarrunner is still funny man. You might think, oh I watched this when I was younger so it's probably not as good as I remember. But it still is. It still holds up amazingly well.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Macaluso posted:

Homestarrunner is still funny man. You might think, oh I watched this when I was younger so it's probably not as good as I remember. But it still is. It still holds up amazingly well.

More importantly, the new toons feel like they never went on hiatus. Do you know how rare that is? Even Futurama pre and post cancellation are two different animals.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I... I never watched Homestar Runner. And I'm, like, the exact age of everyone who says it was a major part of their childhood. I did run across a couple of the associated games and play them.

Whenever I go to the website and try to watch all the cartoons, I'm confused by the layout. They seem to be sorted into categories instead of chronologically, which makes it tough to do a comprehensive "watch all the stuff in order".

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
There is too much stuff to watch in order. Press the sbemail button on the bottom, then press the rando button on the list.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
The toons where Strong Bad insults fan's bad Halloween costumes are still my favorite.

Shwoo
Jul 21, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

I... I never watched Homestar Runner. And I'm, like, the exact age of everyone who says it was a major part of their childhood. I did run across a couple of the associated games and play them.

Whenever I go to the website and try to watch all the cartoons, I'm confused by the layout. They seem to be sorted into categories instead of chronologically, which makes it tough to do a comprehensive "watch all the stuff in order".

The Homestar Runner wiki has a mostly chronological list. I've been using it for my rewatch, because it's less confusing than checking every single category. The site itself has a New Stuff category in the toons menu, but it only goes back to 2007.

That said, it's not a great idea to watch from the very beginning unless you're patient enough to keep at it until it gets good. A better starting place would maybe be the first Strong Bad Email, Some Kinda Robot.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Marzipan's Answering Machine is one of the most underrated sections in Homestar Runner.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Marzipan's Answering Machine is one of the most underrated sections in Homestar Runner.

If I remember correctly there are a couple answering machines that can be found that aren't actually in the "answering machine" toons list as well.

malleusmalefic
Jan 1, 2014
Homestar Runner is the first thing I remember about the internet ever at all. The toon where Strong Bad was in jail was my first exposure to any kind of media entertainment that wasn't on TV, and it's all been downhill since then!

malleusmalefic fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 2, 2014

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
HomestarRunner was the first time I recall something so "internet" crossing over into the mainstream. Like, yeah, people knew about the Hampster Dance or the dancing baby but being in high school and having my English teacher who was old enough to have grandkids recognize the Homestar Runner cartoon we watching on the classroom computer during free period and excited talk about which Strong Bad emails were her favorite was a total :monocle: moment.

...of SCIENCE! fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 2, 2014

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Since her string of successes is still unbroken, will Matchmaker Mabel start going through her Maybe?'s now?

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
I just watched all of season 2 in one big chunk over break.

Nothing...NOTHING beats Love God. I absolutely lost my poo poo at the Stan balloon.

"IT'S HEAVEN'S PUNISHMENT FOR OUR TERRIBLE TASTE IN EVERYTHING!"

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know if it's coincidence but so far my favorite episode of both seasons has been episode 5 (The Inconveniencing and Soos and the Real Girl, respectively).

myname_isdoug
Jul 9, 2003

i can and i can not
When Wendy holds up the phone in the beginning, you can see the grass through the bottom ports.

This bugs me a lot more than it should.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

You are the only person in the world who noticed that tiny animation flaw.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

CuwiKhons posted:

You are the only person in the world who noticed that tiny animation flaw.

I guarantee you that the second after the episode went final one of the actual animators noticed and had a loving meltdown. Because that ALWAYS HAPPENS.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Test Pattern posted:

I guarantee you that the second after the episode went final one of the actual animators noticed and had a loving meltdown. Because that ALWAYS HAPPENS.

Yeah as someone who draws, I can just feel the pain of whoever was in charge of that shot. I'll upload a drawing and then notice one TINY thing I forgot to fix that barely anyone else would even notice and I have to put on hold whatever I was going to do next to fix it or it'll drive me crazy. I can just imagine how much it'd suck finding that out AFTER the show has already finished and is on the air

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Bob's Burgers had a huge one in the Turkey Trot episode last week. I definitely feel bad for whoever misses those when they realize it later.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
This is always why I paint on some purple, to make sure nothing accidentally gets set with transparency.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

malleusmalefic posted:

Is Wander Over Yonder worth watching? I know he's involved with that as well.

Wander Over Yonder is decent, with some episodes that are excellent and some that... aren't... It is very definitely for a younger audience though.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If you like Kenneth Parcel from 30 Rock, you'll probably like Wander Over Yonder.

Also it's Craig McCracken's animation style, which is nice.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of animation blunders:

Alan Smithee posted:

it wouldn't be a goat pic without a gold ring

The_Doctor posted:

The goat's cut horn is not on the same side in these two photos.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Cat Mattress posted:

Speaking of animation blunders:

The goat's cut horn is not on the same side in these two photos.

He's a shapeshifter keeping tabs on the family.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

The Red Queen posted:

He's a shapeshifter keeping tabs on the family.

I just noticed the goat's eyes.

:stare:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

counterfeitsaint posted:

really this just makes me think bill was originally a goat more than anything
maybe he's baphomet!
*tumbles head over heels down masonic/christian imagery rabbit hole for 3 weeks without showering*
bill is a good character

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wait Bill, oh goddamnit

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

Wait Bill, oh goddamnit
Oh gently caress.

CJBurgandy
Nov 10, 2006

"I need my Plumbing checked" was not a suggestion to unclog the bathroom sink!
But that's how goat eyes look. Same with Sheep.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

counterfeitsaint posted:

Those aren't goat's eyes. Goat eyes have horizontal pupils, same as horses and cows.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Also you know when you need to kill an animal for a ritual, goats are a go-to

This is now my preferred idea for Bill's origin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Acne Rain posted:

Also you know when you need to kill an animal for a ritual, goats are a go-to

This is now my preferred idea for Bill's origin

oh god what
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQbxmXilRew

• Locked thread