Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
What? Am I going to regret ordering from RightStuf? They usually get me stuff days ahead of the release date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Spirit Circle 29

in which the world gets blown up

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. :bsg:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It was actually kind of a shock to suddenly land back in the "present" again, the future story has been going on for a while.
I'm with RoboCat, couples shouldn't fight...not that it matters, what with the blackhole bomb and all.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer arrived safely and here's my 2 minute impression review:
*while it doesn't have all the color pages, it does have some at the beginning:neckbeard:
*Nue (Jmanga/Crunchyroll) is back to Noi :geno:
*sound effects are left in Japanese, but have the translations written nearby, making an effort to match the original font/style :neckbeard:
*the copy on the back is indeed the boring, kinda lame version. :(
*dialogue seems to flow nicely! :neckbeard:
*i'm holding in my hands an actual official version of what is one of my all time favorite comics! :neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:x100

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I finally got mine too, after Amazon decided to randomly package it with a pre-order that I had forgotten about. I like that they included another cover as a second page, since one would lost by making it an omnibus. Though is it just me or are the color pages a little low quality? A few look OK, but some have a bunch of circle artifacts all over the place.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah it looks like...I dunno it's got a screen laid over it or something, weird. I somehow didn't notice 'til you mentioned it though.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

a kitten posted:

Yeah it looks like...I dunno it's got a screen laid over it or something, weird. I somehow didn't notice 'til you mentioned it though.

Yeah, the page dimensions seem a little off compared to normal prints so stuff seem just a little stretched as a result, but maybe I'm just seeing things. Still glad I could buy the series though so whatever!

I really hope this sells well enough to get some form of official translation for Sengoku Youko.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Off of twitter:

That say anything interesting?

Random Mizukami image dump.

The last one is the cover for the newest Young King Ours.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

Off of twitter:

That say anything interesting?

"Thank you for 10,000 followers!"

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

a kitten posted:

The last one is the cover for the newest Young King Ours.

Hopefully that means we get more color pages this month

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

there's a new Sengoku Youko:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Sengoku-Youko/Vol-012-Ch-064--Yazen-and-Senya?id=214095

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Fate energy? What is this, Escaflowne?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Spirit Circle 30 is out, and it ends on the best cliffhanger.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=663&chapter_num=30.00

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
"What?" :kimchi: This is a good manga.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Hopefully that means we get more color pages this month

Wish granted! :sparkles:

Nate RFB posted:

"What?" :kimchi: This is a good manga.
WHAT?!
:3::kimchi::3:
indeed

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 1, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Couldn't agree more.

I got my copy of Biscuit Hammer in the mail this week, and that is also a good manga.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Squidster posted:

I got my copy of Biscuit Hammer in the mail this week, and that is also a good manga.

I've read the beginning chapters so many times and in so many formats now, it's ridiculous but you know what? It's awesome every time. I'm actually really enjoying Seven Seas' translation too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Who's the girl on the bike at the end?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think it's Nono; the hair color matches and I want to say we've seen her use that hairstyle before (she actually seems to change it up relatively frequently in the present).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Boy you weren't kiddin'

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I knew this was gonna have to get outed to Kouko and Nono around the same time, but I didn't really expect it to come up until they made a little more progress on the Fortuna mystery! I was curious if Rune acted purely out of concern for Fuuta (at the end of 29) or if Fortuna left her with instructions to this effect after their meeting in the Lafaelle jump, and was really hoping to get some hints on that, but gently caress it I'm down for this

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
I always get confused about who's who in Spirit Circle due to the monthly update, so I figured it might be useful to have a character cheat sheet around. Let me know if there are any errors!

Name: Okeya Fuuta
Personality: Usually tries to avoid trouble, but since he's the protagonist trouble has a way of finding him.
Recognition: He's the main character, it shouldn't be hard. He's short and his hair sticks up in the back.
Past Lives: 1st life Fortuna, 2nd life Fone, 3rd life Vann Flantyr, 4th life Flors, 5th life Houtarou Kajima, 6th life Lafalle

Name: Ishigami Kouko
Personality: The antagonist, more or less. Hates Fuuta with a burning passion.
Recognition: She has bangs and somewhat distinctive eyes, but really just look for the woman making Fuuta's life miserable.
Past Lives: 1st life Koko, 2nd life Stona, 3rd life Unnamed medicine woman, 4th life Roca, 5th life Iwana, 6th life Lapis

Name: Rei
Personality: Kind, honest and naive, Rei has a strong attachment to Fuuta in the two lives they share. According to Fortuna Fuuta's "relationship with that soul has ended"
Recognition: I have a hard time recognizing her, but fortunately she only appears in the second and third lives and is named Rei both times.

Name: Masiro Tetsuma (Tetsu)
Personality: Athletic but otherwise pretty lazy. Has a strong friendship with Fuuta and Daiki, and a strong (often romantic) relationship with Umi. Usually a warrior. Likes to hit the bottle.
Recognition: Real easy, just look for the crazy eyes.
Past Lives: 2nd life Unnamed Warrior, 3rd life Stihl, 4th life Kertenos, 5th life Jinkurou, 6th life Uncle Aizen

Name: Takayama Daiki
Personality: Easygoing and very intelligent, he shares a strong friendship with Fuuta and Tetsu. Often a priest or scholar. Used to hit the bottle.
Recognition: Big build, narrow or closed eyes, cucumber nose.
Past Lives: 3rd life Glass, 4th life Alvol, 5th life Head Priest, 6th life Talio

Name: Miyabe Nonomura (Nono)
Personality: Bit of a space case but kind and very loving, usually has a one-sided affection for Fuuta. Dislikes people fighting.
Recognition: She changes her hairstyle often, instead look for her distinctive eyes. Tall.
Past Lives: 2nd life Unnamed Villager, 3rd life Unnamed Girl, 4th life Halara, 5th life Akari, 6th life Carol

Name: Mizuno Umishima (Umi)
Personality: Usually kind and dependable, but her sense of humor has a bit of a mean streak to it. Strong relationship (often romantic) with Tetsu.
Recognition: Wavy hair but again, the eyes are the best way to notice her. Short.
Past Lives: 3rd life Unnamed Girl, 4th life Lihanerra, 5th life Princess Rihama, 6th life Riffle

Name: Fuuta's Brother
Personality: Hasn't shown up in the present day, but usually has a familial relationship with Fuuta. Also hates his guts. A bit emotionally unbalanced.
Recognition: Narrow eyes and crazy stand up hair.
Past Lives: 3rd life Vann's brother, 5th life Lord Kajirou, 6th lifeAsh

Name: Kouko's Dad
Personality: We haven't seem much of him but he seems capable and confident.
Recognition: Big nose, big ears, short hair.
Past Lives: 3rd life Lead Knight, 6th life The Tower's first manager

Name: Mr. Azuma
Personality: Quiet, intelligent and competent. He shares a strong bond with Daiki.
Recognition: The eyes as always.
Past Lives: 3rd life Cielo, 6th life Manager Claro

Name: Okeya Sawa (Fuuta's mom)
Personality: She's, uh, motherly. Look, what do you want from me?
Recognition: Distinct hair and eybrows.
Past Lives: 3rd life Peasant Woman, 5th life Matsu

Name: Okeya Toukichi (Fuuta's dad)
Personality: Enthusiastic and supportive but a bit strange.
Recognition: He's kind of tough. Look for a sharp chin and a medium size nose?
Past Lives: 4th life Flors' Master

Name: East
A ghost that hangs out with Kouko. Hasn't been reincarnated since Fuuta's first life. Friendly, for a ghost.

Name: Rune
A ghost that hangs out with Fuuta. Bubbly and eager to please her "master", but she also wants to learn more about the modern world.

Name: Spacifica
:iiam: Probably an enemy from Fuuta's first life, also showed up in the sixth.

Samurai Ghost
The ghost of a man named Ohbyashi Raita from the fifth life. Haven't seen him show up elsewhere.

These three guys
Haven't spotted them modern day, but they have shown up in the 4th, 5th and 6th lives so far, usually as a trio.

These other guys
So far they've only shown up in the sixth life, but they've all got names and faces so I have a feeling we will be seeing them again.

Scrree pointed out this guy shows up as Flor's son in the 4th life and Elia, Carol's boyfriend in the sixth.

And courtesy of Epoxy Bulletin, two minor characters that I missed:

"Ponytail", characterized by a ponytail (not 100% on this one)

"Red-Nose" is usually seen with his trademark red nose, but hallmarks also include a wispy mustache and droopy mouth. This additional depth to his personality makes him a more compelling character.

Miles Vorkosigan fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 31, 2015

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I just finished re-reading Spirit Circle up to ch.30, and I started tearing up no less than 4 times. This manga just gets to me and Im always super excited when a new chapter is out.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Spirit Circle's writing is excellent, but my biggest criticism of it is that it's often not very visually interesting. So many panels involve a cluster of characters all standing together in close up facing the audience.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It feels like it's being drawn with very few assistants or none at all even. The panels are often very simple with lots of white space.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

I always get confused about who's who in Spirit Circle due to the monthly update, so I figured it might be useful to have a character cheat sheet around. Let me know if there are any errors!

Based entirely on one glimpse of the shape of his head, as well as him landing on his rear end as Fone charges through, my pet theory is Mr Azuma is the ziggurat guard paired with past-Tetsu.

There's also these guys who have been of no consequence so far, but I'm pretty sure have been reused so they're on my list, because why not:

"Ponytail", characterized by a ponytail (not 100% on this one)

"Red-Nose" is usually seen with his trademark red nose, but hallmarks also include a wispy mustache and droopy mouth. This additional depth to his personality makes him a more compelling character.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Spirit Circle 31 is out.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=663&chapter_num=31.00

I'm so excited,I haven't even read it before posting about it here.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Spoiler: it's good

Also might be wrapping up sort of soon! Not that I expected it would be a long-running series, like Biscuit Hammer it feels like the ending has been planned from the very first chapter.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I can only hope Spirit Circle gets picked up by Seven Seas and brought over here as well. I've got faith that Mizukami has a great ending lined up.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm liking Spirit Circle a lot more than I liked Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. I mean, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer was really good, but Spirit Circle has felt like a much more unique, interesting story so far.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i was planning on reading a couple of chapters of lucifer and the biscuit hammer on crunchyroll just to check out the translation and then i accidentally marathoned the entire thing

i never noticed it before, but i laughed a decent amount at the reveal in the epilogue that nagumo really did use his wish to win the lottery, after the topic of where the hell his money comes from came up multiple times in the story

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Cake Attack posted:

i never noticed it before, but i laughed a decent amount at the reveal in the epilogue that nagumo really did use his wish to win the lottery, after the topic of where the hell his money comes from came up multiple times in the story

I just reread the epilogue twice and I can't find this mentioned anywhere.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ProfessorProf posted:

I just reread the epilogue twice and I can't find this mentioned anywhere.

i checked and it's not in the scanlations, just crunchyroll's version. page 37-38

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here's an awkward screen cap showing it!

Spoilers? idk

Anyway I recommend buying the physical versions that are coming out since I think the translation in those is even better. Yeah yeah physical media here in 2 thousand freakin' 15, but whatever.

Either digital or physical is fine, since it's so cool to finally have a consistent, legal translation available.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

a kitten posted:

Here's an awkward screen cap showing it!

Spoilers? idk

Anyway I recommend buying the physical versions that are coming out since I think the translation in those is even better. Yeah yeah physical media here in 2 thousand freakin' 15, but whatever.

yeah im just planning on getting them when they both come out then reading through it again. if i got the first half without the second half I'd just end up finishing it on crunchyroll again

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i also reread spirit circle and it works a lot better marathoned when you can remember exactly how everyone related to everyone else in their past lives

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like this was a good time to binge Spirit Circle, pretty pumped for what seems like the lead up to the final arc (?)

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

But if they don't sell enough of the first book to cover costs, they might not print the later ones at all. You may have to leap on the re-reading grenade.

Spirit Circle definitely works better when marathoned, and it needs to get printed here too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Squidster posted:

But if they don't sell enough of the first book to cover costs, they might not print the later ones at all. You may have to leap on the re-reading grenade.

that didn't occur to me

maybe i'll buy it now, i won't want to reread it yet

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I feel like this was a good time to binge Spirit Circle, pretty pumped for what seems like the lead up to the final arc (?)

yeah it seems to be coming to a conclusion, although i'm not sure it's quite the final arc yet since he's still got one life before fortuna