Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a!n
Apr 26, 2013

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

hilariously overpowered versions

In the case of Dhalsim it's merely slightly less poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Wezlar posted:

It just seems to me like a decision that doesn't really benefit people interested in either of the modes :shrug:

There was no decision, adding omega to the edition select option is the lowest effort way to implement it (and best imo)

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
We definitely need to do an edition select tournament so I guess I'll set that up soon. I'm gonna be so boring with vanilla Ryu it's gonna be awesome. Bebop is gonna win with vanilla Honda or something dumb like that.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
100% Purestrain Dryu forever.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Hello Goons! I'm streaming my local scene's gathering tonight. Come watch! It should be on until around midnight PST.

http://www.twitch.tv/sockbot

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Today I learned there's a goon in my local fg group. Gross.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
dont lose faffel. im watching

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

i give up on videogames

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Mantle posted:

Hello Goons! I'm streaming my local scene's gathering tonight. Come watch! It should be on until around midnight PST.

http://www.twitch.tv/sockbot

Wait what. I didn't know there was another Island Goon in this thread. I didn't go because I'm kinda sick + poo poo anyhow.

Faffel posted:

Make that two.

Gibbo fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 28, 2014

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Y'all should play videogames some time.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Faffel posted:

Ggs!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Trykt posted:

Y'all should play videogames some time.

I was on the stream butt hole

I'm worse at sf4 than ever before. Bring on Xrd where I can win for a month.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 28, 2014

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I was bad at SF before it was cool. :colbert:

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
More Omega changes have been up but no translations are up on Capcom-Unity yet, probably due to the holiday weekend.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2014/11/28_7957.html

Juri
Hakan
Evil Ryu
Oni
Poison

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Welp to no surprise Juri's costume is basically some catgirl / fox bullshit and not a spider at all :smith:

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Huh, E.Ryu gets a pretty cool new hadoken that shoots straight up and then falls down diagonally like Akuma's air hadoken. He also gets new target combos and his EX axe kick is now a 2-bar EX that doesn't knock down and has some property that I can't parse because I don't know the Japanese terminology at all (says 中段始動 which might mean that you can special cancel out of it, or maybe not).

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
As far as I can tell that means an overhead you can combo off of, or an overhead to start a combo. Google translate gives me "middle starting" and videos of combos starting with overheads!

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Hey ya'll the Vacation Costume Pack is finally on a bit of a sale as part of the current Steam shenanigans. If you're planning on picking it up you still might want to hold off for a few days anyway since the DLC for a game tends to get a deeper discount at the same time the game itself gets one for being a daily or flash sale or whatever. I'm not exactly expecting USF4 to be a daily sale game this time around but I guess you never know for sure!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Trykt posted:

Hey ya'll the Vacation Costume Pack is finally on a bit of a sale as part of the current Steam shenanigans. If you're planning on picking it up you still might want to hold off for a few days anyway since the DLC for a game tends to get a deeper discount at the same time the game itself gets one for being a daily or flash sale or whatever. I'm not exactly expecting USF4 to be a daily sale game this time around but I guess you never know for sure!

Pack is worth it for Gief, Makoto and Juris costumes alone

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

Al Borland posted:

Welp to no surprise Juri's costume is basically some catgirl / fox bullshit and not a spider at all :smith:

Actually, that's good and sexy.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
From the kunai on Juri's costume, it looks like they mixed her up with Ibuki.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

Faffel posted:

I was on the stream butt hole

I'm worse at sf4 than ever before. Bring on Xrd where I can win for a month.

this fat ginger retard dropped ultra1 off a karakusa

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
I was wrong, USF4 is one of today's deals, Vacation Pack is 11.99 now and the pack with every other costume is 8.99!

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Trykt posted:

I was wrong, USF4 is one of today's deals, Vacation Pack is 11.99 now and the pack with every other costume is 8.99!

Didn't Ultra come with all the costumes or was that just a preorder bonus?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

It was a preorder bonus, and they didn't release the Vacation pack until after Ultra dropped.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

Mister Blueberry posted:

Didn't Ultra come with all the costumes or was that just a preorder bonus?
If you buy Ultra as standalone, it comes with all the costumes(except for Vacation). The upgrade from AE doesn't include costumes.
The preorder bonus was the fantasy costume pack for the new characters.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
lol I got suckered into buying ultra because it was on sale but the netcode is so bad it's functionally unplayable

well that was a waste of seven quid

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
Endless private works fine, just play with goons.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Waynebo posted:

Endless private works fine, just play with goons.

i debate your definition of fine

played with a friend in endless private with no open slots and it was a slow mess followed by the game promptly giving up and dying on the second round, consistently. Tried playing with different people and it was still pretty bad but I was able to at least finish an equally as lovely match with another guy. Endless private does not work fine, it barely works at all and those are the only conditions I even attempted to play the game under, I shudder to think what the gently caress happens if you try and play the game without taking the steps beforehand, probably sets your drat computer on fire.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
What has Valle been playing on when he streams? Is it the Steam version?

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i debate your definition of fine

played with a friend in endless private with no open slots and it was a slow mess followed by the game promptly giving up and dying on the second round, consistently. Tried playing with different people and it was still pretty bad but I was able to at least finish an equally as lovely match with another guy. Endless private does not work fine, it barely works at all and those are the only conditions I even attempted to play the game under, I shudder to think what the gently caress happens if you try and play the game without taking the steps beforehand, probably sets your drat computer on fire.

It's pretty well accepted that USF4 PC endless private works without issues. Do your friends have issues with other people in endless private? Are you playing with people out of the country? Did you make sure frame rate is set to fixed and vsync is off? Is your computer a piece of poo poo? Is your internet a piece of poo poo? I don't know what to tell you but endless private isn't the center of complaints for USF4 PC.

apple posted:

What has Valle been playing on when he streams? Is it the Steam version?

Valle plays mainly on PC, but sometimes on 360.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Yeah PC USF4 endless lobby is my preferred way to play at the moment. Any network issues that exist between me and another dude on there are gonna exist on 360 as well (I get the same weird rear end lag spikes every 4th match or so between me and Buhbuhj regardless of platform)

If you're having additional issues with someone that you normally have no problem playing with on a console you should both check your network and game settings. Reminder to set framerate to Fixed instead of variable and for the love of god turn off the in-game Vsync implementation.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Trykt posted:

Yeah PC USF4 endless lobby is my preferred way to play at the moment. Any network issues that exist between me and another dude on there are gonna exist on 360 as well (I get the same weird rear end lag spikes every 4th match or so between me and Buhbuhj regardless of platform)

If you're having additional issues with someone that you normally have no problem playing with on a console you should both check your network and game settings. Reminder to set framerate to Fixed instead of variable and for the love of god turn off the in-game Vsync implementation.

Is there some study on in game vs driver-lebel v sync? How could it be any different than the game calling a function to turn on v sync as implemented at the driver level?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Trykt posted:

I haven't heard anything bad about vsync in this game before, what problems does it cause?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Vsync by nature adds a minimum amount of input lag, different implementations can add more. Driver-level vsync is always most efficient so you should use it in every game.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Vsync by nature adds a minimum amount of input lag, different implementations can add more. Driver-level vsync is always most efficient so you should use it in every game.

I actually prefer just to play with vsync off and try to jack up the frame rate to 120 so that there is never any tearing on my 60hz monitor. Does this make sense?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I haven't heard anything bad about vsync in this game before, what problems does it cause?

It's probably not problematic for everyone (at least not in the same way) since PC configs can be so different but the in-game implementation doesn't buffer frames as efficiently/correctly as it should and you can end up with an input lag of a couple of frames a lot of the time. It's really really noticeable for me when it's turned on vs. when it's turned off - for a long time I really hated the PC port of vanilla cause it just felt "bad" to play vs. playing xbox, even just training mode, until someone clued me in that Vsync is probably the difference.

Trykt fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 2, 2014

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Could someone make a list of what you should have on and off on SF4 for the PC and why?

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
framerate: fixed (and not variable, because you want constant 60fps)
vsync: off (read discussion above)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Omega footage of Adon, Cody, Hugo, Cammy, C. Viper, Vega and Dan