Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

awesmoe posted:

For me that would be $5 for the adapter and $1,902.17 for the flight to the nearest radio shack, so I'm looking at other options

I'm not sure if your country's Amazon has them or if Monoprice is an option, as I know they have a pretty good amount of Mono splitters here in the US at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Nebraska Tim posted:

Do you live somewhere that might be accessible for Amazon or another online retailer?
I spent way too long at work this morning looking for someone on amazon that would ship one for a reasonable price, with not a lot of joy, so I decided to try this instead.
I mean, the 3.5mm cable will probably work, so it's sorted now. I was just surprised at how much of a pain it was.

e for content: you guys who have done this - how do you handle switching tones? Do you bother trying to match things, or do you just pick either high gain or low gain and say fuckit?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

awesmoe posted:

I spent way too long at work this morning looking for someone on amazon that would ship one for a reasonable price, with not a lot of joy, so I decided to try this instead.
I mean, the 3.5mm cable will probably work, so it's sorted now. I was just surprised at how much of a pain it was.

e for content: you guys who have done this - how do you handle switching tones? Do you bother trying to match things, or do you just pick either high gain or low gain and say fuckit?

I try to match it, but until I actually order a new pedal I end up playing acoustic parts in the middle of songs with effects on which sounds terrible. You pretty quickly get a feel for how effects are made with an amp, or at least something close, that you can use on multiple songs.

Nebraska Tim
Feb 2, 2010

awesmoe posted:

I use a couple pedals, and just click them on/off as necessary: Clean, Distort/Overdrive, and Reverb/Chorus, plus an extra pedal to cut the volume in half. I only use one at a time, and if a song is switching several times, I might just leave them be. Considering a switcher, with one line on my D/O, the other on the R/C. Beats switching it all at once.

But to keep it simple, Gain and Clean serves most songs just fine.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
I can get Rocksmith 1 DLC even if I'm on a Mac and don't have the game installed (but I do have it in my Steam library), right?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I can get Rocksmith 1 DLC even if I'm on a Mac and don't have the game installed (but I do have it in my Steam library), right?

Yup, correct.

YeahWhatevah
Oct 28, 2013
Have a related question to the above. Own both RS1 and 2 on PC, only have RS2 currently installed. Bought a couple RS1 DLC songs listed as RS2 purchasable/compatible a couple pages back. Do I still have to DL RS1 to get these to install then transfer them manually? Apparently I have no way of prompting Steam to download them otherwise and they don't show on RS2's DLC tab.

As to why you can't add crap to your cart without going directly to the checkout has me baffled. A simple 10 song purchase took 45 minutes and dozens of reloads.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
You just need RS1 in your inventory. You may need to exit Rocksmith to get DLC to download.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Opened up steam today, lost $50. Yikes.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

toymach1ne posted:

You just need RS1 in your inventory. You may need to exit Rocksmith to get DLC to download.

I still haven't been able to get the import tool to work. After a few months I gave up.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

OhDearGodNo posted:

I still haven't been able to get the import tool to work. After a few months I gave up.

What is the issue you are having with it?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221680/

edit: verify game cache

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 2, 2014

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe
Hey, just so you guys know, you don't *need* a splitter if your amp has a Tuner Out jack, which outputs an unprocessed signal straight from your guitar. I plug my guitar into my amp, and plug Rocksmith into the Tuner Out jack, and I'm good to go. Note that this won't work with "Headphone" jacks or anything else that outputs a processed signal.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Also I'm guessing a (passive) splitter will reduce the power of the guitar signal that reaches game, so if yr pickups are already a bit weak you might get issues!

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Bon Jovi Song Pack – $11.99

Jon Bon Jovi “Blaze of Glory” – Drop D [Bass]
Bon Jovi “It’s My Life” – Drop C [Bass]
Bon Jovi “Livin’ On A Prayer”
Bon Jovi “Wanted Dead or Alive”
Bon Jovi “You Give Love A Bad Name”

normal contact
Mar 19, 2010

Yessssssss

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

toymach1ne posted:

What is the issue you are having with it?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221680/

edit: verify game cache

Already done. None of the songs show up in 2014.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I was pretty surprised that all the dlc songs plus the ones from the original game just showed up without my doing anything.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

OhDearGodNo posted:

Already done. None of the songs show up in 2014.

Not sure why that would happen.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

toymach1ne posted:

Bon Jovi Song Pack – $11.99

Jon Bon Jovi “Blaze of Glory” – Drop D [Bass]
Bon Jovi “It’s My Life” – Drop C [Bass]
Bon Jovi “Livin’ On A Prayer”
Bon Jovi “Wanted Dead or Alive”
Bon Jovi “You Give Love A Bad Name”

Every time I hear these songs it takes me back to my New Jersey childhood experiences of going to the roller skating rink and the songs blasting on the sound system as we skated and played video games. I don't know if I even like them, but I know them well.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
They have some pretty cool solos that might improve your musical vocabulary

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I will definitely be getting the older 3 Bon Jovi songs.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Still a lot better than a lot of the garbage metal/hard rock bands.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

unlawfulsoup posted:

Still a lot better than a lot of the garbage metal/hard rock bands.
Getting punched in the stomach is better than getting punched in the balls.

But still, different strokes for different folks. I won't be grabbing this one but with the rate they pump the DLC out, and the range of stuff they put out, it's hard to get upset when it's stuff that I'm not interested in.

e: also, splitting the cable to amp/rocksmith works great and is good for highlighting how bad i am things I need to work on. I find it much easier to notice mistakes when I'm going through the amp, maybe just because of the mixing levels.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Where's my Thin Lizzy Rocksmith!???????

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat
We need some god drat Toadies

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Poetic Justice posted:

Where's my Thin Lizzy Rocksmith!???????

Really though, I wanna play Cowboy Song and Breakout.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Poetic Justice posted:

I will definitely be getting the older 3 Bon Jovi songs.
I must be too young because all of those songs are old Bon Jovi for me.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
YESSS

Rage Against The Machine next week

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Please tell me this will include my favourite Christmas song.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
It's a 7 pack

Killing in The Name
Renegades of Funk
???
???
???
???
???

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

We are living in the best of all possible universes.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'd bet

Sleep Now In the Fire
Bulls on Parade
Guerilla Radio
Renegades of Funk
Killing In the Name Of
Down Rodeo
Know Your Enemy

All their airplay stuff pretty much.

I'd sub ANY of those for Voice of the Voiceless.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

toymach1ne posted:

It's a 7 pack

Killing in The Name
Renegades of Funk
???
???
???
???
???
yeah but it should be the same price as a normal pack, because you're only getting 3 riffs

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'd bet

Sleep Now In the Fire
Bulls on Parade
Guerilla Radio
Renegades of Funk
Killing In the Name Of
Down Rodeo
Know Your Enemy

you are actually the closest I've seen to guessing the whole pack

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Roll Right's fun to play. Maybe that'll make the pack. Maggie's Farm too.

SEVEN IS NOT ENOUGH!

e: Township Rebellion and Freedom...

I'm not sure but I bet People of the Sun is in there instead of one of my guesses but I don't know which one. God drat tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Dec 8, 2014

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
A seven pack holy poo poo that owns

Great guitar and bass parts in one pack

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'd bet

Sleep Now In the Fire
Bulls on Parade
Guerilla Radio
Renegades of Funk
Killing In the Name Of
Down Rodeo
Know Your Enemy

It'd be a nightmare to get the tone right for Bulls on Parade, wouldn't it? That's like the go-to wah pedal song. Even if Rocksmith can handle the wah properly, you'd miss a lot of the fun of playing that song.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If they're giving us Hendrix...

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

TriggerHappy posted:

It'd be a nightmare to get the tone right for Bulls on Parade, wouldn't it? That's like the go-to wah pedal song. Even if Rocksmith can handle the wah properly, you'd miss a lot of the fun of playing that song.

It can't be that difficult, Tom Morello's board is like 4 pedals: Whammy, '80s Crybaby, Phase 90 and an EQ pedal set for volume boost only.

edit: make that 5, there's also a delay.

vvv The allen key is used in the intro part of People of the sun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyxKJLgfT7A&t=109s Bulls on parade is pretty much just toggle switch and scratching on the strings.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreg
Sep 2, 2006
He uses an allen wrench on Bulls that might be hard to recreate, or maybe that part wont be playable.