Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This show loving owns and Quinn Bauer is going to loving own harder.

Holy loving poo poo that episode ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetalFace
Jul 27, 2005
Join Us In Creating Excellence

CODChimera posted:

Holy poo poo.

I know people are going to complain about how unrealistic it is but that was awesome.

They will, but anybody who complains has forgotten how to watch TV. That was a landmark loving episode. There are very few series where I have ever felt the kind of dread I did at the ending there. The prisoner exchange was masterfully done as well.

What a monstrous cliffhanger to chew on for two weeks. Oof

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

n3wt posted:

I'm looking forward to the moment when pakistani Carrie realizes that she's working for people who'd never let her keep her job, let alone give her any respect (Handover your gun, here's your burka! Now shut up and go breed!).

That's actually a good point. Who knows what her angle is. It probably involves the main General getting ousted/killed off somehow so she can step into the power vacuum.

Anyway, really glad this season has ratcheted things up a notch or nine.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah this latest episode was awesome. Like everyone else I hope Quinn goes bonkers and kills everyone.

Last night I had a dream about helping Quinn fight the bad guys in the embassy. I basically stood around and watched and/or hid out of sight while Quinn owned it up :patriot:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Let's not pretend there wasn't some pants-on-head retarded crap in the first half of this season.

The season turned around the exact moment Life of Pi's brain got scattered on the desert sands.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
I hope the embassy invasion doesn't get too 24-ish, but this season has been cool so far

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.

mcbexx posted:

The season turned around the exact moment Life of Pi's brain got scattered on the desert sands.

Never thought about it but drat this is pretty accurate. Who knew I could go from my eyes rolling out of their socket one episode to "holy poo poo" in the next.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
This may seem super obvious but my crew friend said that the pakistani carrie character was made super similar to carrie, deliberately. I want to know how she'll figure into the end of this season.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

redreader posted:

This may seem super obvious but my crew friend said that the pakistani carrie character was made super similar to carrie, deliberately. I want to know how she'll figure into the end of this season.

Maybe she slept with that surveillance autist and fed him a bunch of lies about her being a journalist.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

redreader posted:

Who is the pakistani carrie you are referring to? And what are the super similarities?

Tom Toddlesworth
Nov 4, 2008

There is something profoundly erotic about the cosmos.
I mean there's the woman who gave Duck the drugs to put in her meds. And then there's the Pakistani guy Carrie is in contact with. I'm not sure which one is supposed to be the "Carrie character" but neither one remotely reminds me of Carrie.

Tom Toddlesworth
Nov 4, 2008

There is something profoundly erotic about the cosmos.
Maybe Claire Danes puts on brownface and plays a Pakistani in the last episode. She fights herself. Quinn has to choose which one to shoot.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
i think pakistani carrie is the pakistani girl in the CIA who carrie yelled at.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tom Toddlesworth posted:

Maybe Claire Danes puts on brownface and plays a Pakistani in the last episode. She fights herself. Quinn has to choose which one to shoot.

Clair Danes puts on brownface and that ISI chick puts on whiteface.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Clair Danes puts on brownface and that ISI chick puts on whiteface.

And it cuts to Quinn pointing a gun and wavering back and forth saying "I don't know which one to shoot!"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Next episode: Quinn becomes Talebani Brody

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Oh my god, how can there be so much confusion over who Pakistani Carrie is?? Hint: it's not Fara :eyeroll:

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
Above posts had to be sarcastic, right? Really only one possible person who is Pakistani Carrie.

Really hoping this season ends strong, as it started off pretty weak but everything is falling into place now and it's been several weeks now of awesome episodes. So curious what the end goal is for the Pakistanis here. Also wanna see how involved the characters we've already seen are. Haqqani has to be talking to some people inside Pakistan's government, right?

Also wondering if the "It's called TREASON!" line comes back to bite Lockheart/Carrie later in the season. I mean, she's kinda in bed with him since she blackmailed him to get her job in Islamabad back.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

And it cuts to Quinn pointing a gun and wavering back and forth saying "I don't know which one to shoot!"

Best scene ever!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Great episode, cannot wait until the finale, holy poo poo. 24 as all get out, but I'm ready for a Quinn PTSD explosion.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

Great episode, cannot wait until the finale, holy poo poo. 24 as all get out, but I'm ready for a Quinn PTSD explosion.

So...him going back to America, starting dating that one girl again, and when the bros mock her for her weight/appearance he snaps and heads to their frat house and burns it down, killing anyone who tries to escape it via hand to hand combat?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

What's the over/under on Quinn's K:D ratio next ep? I'm assuming they are going to kill off like half the cast because this show is crazy.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Ugh, part of me doesn't want the CIA to kill everyone coming in to the embassy because that's what this show would do. But then I realized it was telegraphed with Quinn staying behind that it won't be as bad :qq:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Pryor on Fire posted:

What's the over/under on Quinn's K:D ratio next ep? I'm assuming they are going to kill off like half the cast because this show is crazy.

He'll kill every Taleban except Haqqani who will be superficially wounded before escaping. Quinn will also be wounded, more so than Haqqani. Haqqani will kill the embassador, possibly Lockheart. Duck will survive unharmed to contemplate the consequences of his betrayal, likely due to being stuck in a cell or urged by his wife to hide somewhere.

Carrie & Saul will be MIA or in comas to milk the cliffhanger for another episode.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Ugh, part of me doesn't want the CIA to kill everyone coming in to the embassy because that's what this show would do. But then I realized it was telegraphed with Quinn staying behind that it won't be as bad :qq:

If the show continues its trend, Haqqani will take the CIA head hostage, execute some of the low level staff we've seen, and make some insane demands of the US. Quinn will either be killed, or pull a John McClane and scurry through the vents slowly taking out the terrorists.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pentyne posted:

Haqqani will ... execute some of the low level staff we've seen

He's gonna kill Farah in some horrible fashion.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Quinn will kill Haqqani with a humongous broadsword.

In slow motion.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Snapchat A Titty posted:

He's gonna kill Farah in some horrible fashion.

Isn't she still at the alternate location with Max?

I'm willing to bet that's where Carrie and Saul go when they recover from the ambush.

Lasagna
Jun 20, 2001
This episode was really good. But I can't help but think how absurd it is.
Pakistani intelligence is really so dumb to let talebani sneak into the embassy , or gently caress up a prisoner exchange so blatantly?

they surely know tha the embassy is US territory and that talebani are fair game for the marines in there?
Unless they're playing the "pakistani government knew nothing about it and were played by infiltrated jihad agents who trainwrecked the whole deal" card

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lasagna posted:

This episode was really good. But I can't help but think how absurd it is.
Pakistani intelligence is really so dumb to let talebani sneak into the embassy , or gently caress up a prisoner exchange so blatantly?

they surely know tha the embassy is US territory and that talebani are fair game for the marines in there?
Unless they're playing the "pakistani government knew nothing about it and were played by infiltrated jihad agents who trainwrecked the whole deal" card

Maybe they just hate the taleybaney more than the CIA, and know that a US embassy with the head of the CIA in it getting blown the gently caress up would've basically given the US carte blanche to glass the entire taliban mountain region.

But yes, the ISI blatantly working as cohorts to taliban would've atleast garnered some US support to Indian nuclear weapons programs. When Lockheart announced the aid package withdrawal during the meeting with the diplomats, I was really hoping he'd say "We'll rescind your billion dollar aid package... and transfer it to India!"

Rod Munch
Jul 17, 2001

Having just binge watched 5 episodes to catch up, I have to wonder if some ridiculously complicated double cross or long con is coming.

The fact that they've teased a big invasion by Haqqani makes me think that part will be a wet fart or he'll be setup to fail. They'll have a token shootout where the US forces will valiantly hold them out and just when they are about to break, the cavalry comes through the tunnel from behind and wipes out Haqqani & Co. Not sure whether that will be Marines coming back to the site, Pakistani forces that were tipped off by ISI, or Uncle Mike pulling up in his 2010 Camaro.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

Quinn will kill Haqqani with a humongous broadsword.

In slow motion.

I don't have a problem with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq14Aw4q6Fk

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Speaking of, Cheng is the President of China on that NBC "State of Affairs" show.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I'm hoping we get Argo rather 24, but who knows with Homeland.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's going to be the Quinn Power Hour

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

It's going to be the Quinn Power Hour

I'd much rather have Quinn go out in a 24-style blaze of glory than have him moping around pining for Carrie for the rest of the season (or beyond).

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
If Quinn dies, I'm going to quietly fume while I bluff dropping this show only to continue being a loyal viewer.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

They've set Quinn up pretty good to go out in a blaze of glory, which might mean it's not gonna happen knowing this show.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Willeh posted:

They've set Quinn up pretty good to go out in a blaze of glory, which might mean it's not gonna happen knowing this show.

It's hard to predict what this show will do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Wrong thread.

• Locked thread