Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Hunter Noventa posted:

At what point do you even unlock the compendium and/or ability to use the QR codes? Granted I don't have as much time to play as I'd like so I'm still inthe first labyrinth...

Maybe the OP should gather all these QR codes and put them into the first post or collect them into an imgur album?

Once you get to floor 3, Elizabeth will call to tell you the velvet room is open for business again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't have Pain-Eater yet, but honestly I can't see how it'd be better than Lunar Blessing. Somewhat useful for enemies that attack twice a turn, but still. My solution has been to fuse her a Pyro Jack using Kaguya and Ares to get some good skills on her while maintaining her resistances. Adsorb Fire from Jack and Resist Elec from the Ares Kanji is using (I know he already resists that, it's fusion fodder for later stuff since I have two people weak to it) is pretty nice. I just wish I could have transfered Warrior Title or Lunar Blessing, but you can't have everything I guess.

You can get Pain Eater off of Mokoi, at level 8. The advantage is that you don't have to fish for crits in order to afford the Lunar Blessing, it's just 6 SP. Much more consistent protection, particularly since the dangerous enemies do get two attacks per turn.

I think Lunar Blessing and Runic Shield are skills that can't be inherited, which is a shame.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Even without the Navi skills it's good to put sub-personas on your navigator to level them up.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Okay I'm completely done giving a gently caress about Evil Spirits Club's puzzle aspects. I'm done with the actual dungeon but I wanted to clean up requests before I fought the guardian and Elizabeth gave me a code for the puzzle rooms. Assuming it works the same way as the main dungeon's puzzle, it's not actually possible to go through the rooms in that order, so how do I get her secret message?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Artix posted:

Okay I'm completely done giving a gently caress about Evil Spirits Club's puzzle aspects. I'm done with the actual dungeon but I wanted to clean up requests before I fought the guardian and Elizabeth gave me a code for the puzzle rooms. Assuming it works the same way as the main dungeon's puzzle, it's not actually possible to go through the rooms in that order, so how do I get her secret message?

It uses (mostly) the same rooms as the plot puzzle, but doesn't work the same way. It's referring to the number of exits in each room. The trick is the final "2" is the room north of 4, not west.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

This is probably leveled up a bit too much to be useful in the second dungeon, but here it is anyway:

Cost is ~38k.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Artix posted:

Yosuke will eventually figure out it for you if you wander around enough. :v: The numbers refer to something else, they're the number of doors in each room.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Just a friendly reminder: the free Orpheus Telos DLC is supposed to release today.

EDIT: Magatsu Izanagi and Thanatos, too, but they're $2 each.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 2, 2014

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If I was reading the Japanese wiki right, Orpheus Telos gets Victory Cry after a few levels. That might be quite fun.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

The first DLC persona purchase from the compendium is free too, right? Is the compendium level-gated?

I fused Kaguya instead of buying from the compenium, so if I could get a free Orpheus Telos right now and use it that would be lovely.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The first purchase is free, yes. I wasn't notified until I needed to get some Personas for fusion

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It should be noted that the first purchase is free across the cartridge.

Sharing the game with my brother I learned that when on his file he got Kaguya off the compendium it was no longer free for me.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Should I play this on hard for the true experience, or is hard just kinda dumb?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Butt Ghost posted:

Been playing on hard with no real problems. I say go for it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Ghost posted:

I've been playing only on Hard. The first boss is kind of tough, but from then on the game is pretty smooth sailing. I've wiped like 20+ times, but 99% of the time that was because I was being arrogant and thought it would be a good idea to keep exploring when 4/5 of my party was knocked out.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

im on normal and it's super easy and unless the third labyrinth changes that hard seems to be the way to go

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm on normal and it is fairly challenging, mostly due to me being the biggest scrub in the world.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

are you using instant death?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I have Mudo on Akihiko, haven't found a Persona with Hama yet, but I've thrown Mudo out like 15 times against basically everyone in the first three floors of You in Wonderland, haven't hit once.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Cake Attack posted:

im on normal and it's super easy and unless the third labyrinth changes that hard seems to be the way to go
I'm only on the second floor of the third labyrinth but so far instant kills are still wrecking shop. I don't think I've killed anything without using them yet (but I have four people with mamudo or mahama or both, two with impure reach, so I'm not really specced to do things differently).

projecthalaxy posted:

I have Mudo on Akihiko, haven't found a Persona with Hama yet, but I've thrown Mudo out like 15 times against basically everyone in the first three floors of You in Wonderland, haven't hit once.
Agathion and Ame-no-Uzume get Hama, and are pretty low level.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dehry posted:

If I was reading the Japanese wiki right, Orpheus Telos gets Victory Cry after a few levels. That might be quite fun.

What other skills does he have? Looking at the English wiki, his entry is incomplete, and only shows him with Flame Link, Golden Link, and Healing Harp.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dexie posted:

What other skills does he have? Looking at the English wiki, his entry is incomplete, and only shows him with Flame Link, Golden Link, and Healing Harp.

http://www59.atwiki.jp/persona_q/pages/43.html

That's what was posted a few pages back. I hit it with Google Translate, but Victory Cry stuck out to me. (the main page should probably be in the OP)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I've been playing on Hard myself. It's kind of annoying how long fights can take sometimes (even with instakills) but it's perfectly manageable. I might try Risky if I get around to a P4 playthrough but I wouldn't even try it on P3 because the P3 protagonist is made out of wet toilet paper in comparison to Yu.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dehry posted:

http://www59.atwiki.jp/persona_q/pages/43.html

That's what was posted a few pages back. I hit it with Google Translate, but Victory Cry stuck out to me. (the main page should probably be in the OP)

Flame Link, Golden Link, Healing Harp, Victory Cry, Return from Yomi, Fire Boost?, Absorb Fire?

Not sure what 'Bifurcated of pike' is supposed to be.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

twin lance probably

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Victory Cry isn't that good since it's a navi skill and life aid is good enough.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dexie posted:

Flame Link, Golden Link, Healing Harp, Victory Cry, Return from Yomi, Fire Boost?, Absorb Fire?

Not sure what 'Bifurcated of pike' is supposed to be.

I wanna say Forked Spear.

e: Assuming you're talking about 二又の矛, because Kartikeya gets that too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't been using instant kills, but if I do a P3 team playthrough it will certainly become my strategy.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alright, I was wrong about poison being underwhelming. Doing 590 damage per turn in the side quest fight against Margaret is insane and getting lucky with magic bond made it trivially easy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Where do I find the request for the Infinite Goho-M?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Beef Waifu posted:

Where do I find the request for the Infinite Goho-M?

a scene somewhere in the third labyrinth, i wanna say third floor, will trigger a request for an evil eye, which you get by killing fate seekers on the fourth floor while they're cursed.

check every dead end, that's usually where scenes happen.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Boy Maze 4 is tedious.

Also don't use Naoto unless you want to suck all the fun out of battle. She's just way, way too good. I took her along for the first floor of the 4th dungeon and every single thing is weak to her insta kills and with inpure touch there's literally no fight. Then it comes to a boss fight and surprise insta-kills don't work and your stuck with this turd of a character who can't do any damage whatsoever and just a waste.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 2, 2014

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
3rd floor of 3rd labrynth. It's at a dead end in the north east corner after a long hallway. Hard to miss

Evil eye/touch does curse.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also don't use Naoto unless you want to suck all the fun out of battle. She's just way, way too good. I took her along for the first floor of the 4th dungeon and every single thing is weak to her insta kills and with inpure touch there's literally no fight. Then it comes to a boss fight and surprise insta-kills don't work and your stuck with this turd of a character who can't do any damage whatsoever and just a waste.

unless, you know, she has a sub-persona.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Boy Maze 4 is tedious.

I built Naoto as a Hexer of sorts and I find her rather effective in many situations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Boy Maze 4 is tedious.

She's a crazy good sweeper and you should have a sub persona with poison for bosses/FOEs. She's probably the best character in the game.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
So, I got Red Rider and sacked a bunch of Personas to level it up to get Death's Scythe, which is good, but not quite EO4 Nightseeker murder machine good. Anyone know if there are advanced forms of that skill out there?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Boy Maze 4 is tedious.

You have Impure Touch on her. Give her other debuffs, like Poison.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Naoto is one of my bossfight mvps thanks to poison and impure touch. Honestly I find that magic is less useful in this game than physicals or ailments outside of instant death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SC Bracer posted:

Naoto is one of my bossfight mvps thanks to poison and impure touch. Honestly I find that magic is less useful in this game than physicals or ailments outside of instant death.

It really depends. Base magic is kinda eeeh, but you can boost it pretty absurdly. That said I don't really have a main magic attacker at the moment. Everyone is debuffs or a mix of physical/magical.

• Locked thread