Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My hero! gently caress the haters, the S1K is by far the superior of the two. Looks tidy. That exhaust wrap is going to murder the front pipe if you ever ride in the rain though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Slavvy posted:

My hero! gently caress the haters, the S1K is by far the superior of the two. Looks tidy. That exhaust wrap is going to murder the front pipe if you ever ride in the rain though.

Thanks! Yeah, I think I'm gonna cut it off.

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand

This is how you do a naked bike, right?

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

dreggory posted:

This is how you do a naked bike, right?

Put a seat on, then yup.

uncrfe
Jan 17, 2002
Aside from the mileage, <3

NoDoorway
Jul 31, 2007

I never had a doorway
Soiled Meat

After two years abroad without a bike, drat it's good to be home.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NoDoorway posted:

After two years abroad without a bike, drat it's good to be home.

I really like the color scheme on your bike. Looks slick.

Where did you take the photo?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
He took it standing next to his bike.

Duh.

This guy...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I will yank that ponytail so loving hard it'll pull your scalp off. :argh:

:golfclap:

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

'77 CB550

NoDoorway
Jul 31, 2007

I never had a doorway
Soiled Meat

Chichevache posted:

I really like the color scheme on your bike. Looks slick.

Where did you take the photo?

Top of hill north of Auckland NZ. It's near the end of a really nice road near the city.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NoDoorway posted:

Top of hill north of Auckland NZ. It's near the end of a really nice road near the city.

I knew I wasn't tripping balls thinking I could recognise it!

NoDoorway
Jul 31, 2007

I never had a doorway
Soiled Meat

Slavvy posted:

I knew I wasn't tripping balls thinking I could recognise it!

Yup top of 16, after a couple years outta the saddle I thought it'd be a fairly easy ride. Still found myself being a massive nana though. Need some saddle time I guess.

NoDoorway
Jul 31, 2007

I never had a doorway
Soiled Meat

Pretty, but that riding position must be torture.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

NoDoorway posted:

Pretty, but that riding position must be torture.

That's what I was thinking. I've got a 34" inseam and I'm pretty sure my knees would be in my chin.

Dielectric
May 3, 2010
Mine, finally took a picture one day:

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
Cross posting time!

Took it out around the neighborhood today. I have some brushing up to do since the MSF but nothing terrible.

quote:

My first bike! I am so excited!

2000 SV650 with 13,000 miles.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Shop's loaner bike for the afternoon while they fix my speedo. I want to keep it so I'm ready for the apocalypse.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Whoah is that a stripped PC800?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Never seen one before, but it does match up with Google images. Returning it in a few minutes, but might take the long way to the shop.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That's...certainly....something?

Not exactly a good ad for the workshop.

"Here's your loan vehicle! It's a 98 Honda accord with no bumpers or door cards. Enjoy!"

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Sheeeeit. I was like what they have a loaner bike?

Just the concept of having a loaner bike to me would be advertising enough. Who cares what the hell it is. If the shops near me did that, I'd probably take my bike to a shop every once in a while instead of doing it all myself. Ride in and ride out and I don't have to worry about getting a ride to and from etc.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

I hated the rain for years. Now? Its loving fun. aside from tailgating shitheads

I also sold off the last of the yz supermoto parts. goodriddance, and fuckoff.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

captainOrbital posted:

Sheeeeit. I was like what they have a loaner bike?

Just the concept of having a loaner bike to me would be advertising enough. Who cares what the hell it is. If the shops near me did that, I'd probably take my bike to a shop every once in a while instead of doing it all myself. Ride in and ride out and I don't have to worry about getting a ride to and from etc.

It would be so nice I'd that was the norm.. I spent 2 hours sitting around while they fixed a coolant leak and flushed it, and put on rear brake pads. Hung around for 4 hours last time while valves were done. Gimme a beater or a grom or somethin!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

"Loaner bike" is another way to say "not in the US"

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
First bike, just got done stripping it down, getting the panels sprayed and adding a bunch of aftermarket junk:
2014 Honda CTX700 DCT

Bikes are fun!

jermsz
Nov 22, 2007
My first bike! Super excited to ride this thing.

1989 Honda GB400TT 40000km on the clock (24854 miles)

Sounds sick

M42
Nov 12, 2012

marshmonkey posted:

First bike, just got done stripping it down, getting the panels sprayed and adding a bunch of aftermarket junk:
2014 Honda CTX700 DCT

Bikes are fun!

EXCELLENT paintjob. Please ride the poo poo out of it, my neighbor has a brand new one that has literally not moved ever since it showed up in his parking spot this spring :smith:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo

M42 posted:

EXCELLENT paintjob. Please ride the poo poo out of it, my neighbor has a brand new one that has literally not moved ever since it showed up in his parking spot this spring :smith:

Will do, we have great weather and roads for riding around here (North San Diego). I scraped the footpegs for the first time today, just a scratch but I felt like a total badass. Already have to take it in for 600 mile service next week.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Amazed and extremely pleased at these excellent first bike choices. You will both do well in life.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

marshmonkey posted:

2014 Honda CTX700 DCT

Bikes are fun!

That paintjob is blinding. Continue.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

jermsz posted:

My first bike! Super excited to ride this thing.
1989 Honda GB400TT 4

I had no idea there was a smaller version of the GB500, so this is both a pleasant surprise and a good first bike that you really should keep forever. You see, if you do a GIS on the GB500, you'll note that BE BOP SKAPOW, Good Heavens, Miss Sakamoto...

jermsz
Nov 22, 2007

Marv Hushman posted:

I had no idea there was a smaller version of the GB500, so this is both a pleasant surprise and a good first bike that you really should keep forever. You see, if you do a GIS on the GB500, you'll note that BE BOP SKAPOW, Good Heavens, Miss Sakamoto...

yeah aparantly the GB400 was only released in Japan, NZ and Australia.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yes. They also sound like a million farts with the wrong (right) exhaust.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I was pretty impressed by the one GB500 I rode, even though I don't like big singles.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

marshmonkey posted:

2014 Honda CTX700 DCT

Bikes are fun!

This or the NC700 DCT is what I want for my first serious bike. My already-biker buddies all give me poo poo for it, and then proceed to bitch for 20 minutes about shifting gears in the rush hour traffic around here and how much it sucks. Good Choice!

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo

Untagged posted:

This or the NC700 DCT is what I want for my first serious bike. My already-biker buddies all give me poo poo for it, and then proceed to bitch for 20 minutes about shifting gears in the rush hour traffic around here and how much it sucks. Good Choice!

I have owned several DCT sports cars, so I am already 100% on the DCT bandwagon. It really is the best of both worlds.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

marshmonkey posted:

I have owned several DCT sports cars, so I am already 100% on the DCT bandwagon. It really is the best of both worlds.

Yeah unless you like fun or some poo poo. Every DCT car I've driven felt like a bag of arse compared to a 3-pedal. drat your shift speeds and economy, I don't give a poo poo, they drive like crap. I can't imagine how tedious a clutchless bike would be.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Slavvy posted:

That paintjob is blinding. Continue.

Safety paint :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Slavvy posted:

I can't imagine how tedious a clutchless bike would be.

The sole exception to this rule would be an electric bike. :v: