Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

The only channel I get is Global, which is great if you enjoy alphabet procedurals. Oh, and Constantine.

Getting Global and not CTV is pretty weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Caught up.

This is a flawed show in several ways (some average acting from some of the supporting characters, the episodes are inconsistent, some of it is just hammy - lol at the chick whose powers are basically Gambit dying right before relating something critical) but it works in others. Barry himself is well written and well played. He has emotional responses that would be wrung for maximum ham in other shows, but he gets over them in a realistic time frame and in an appropriate way. It's also real fun to see him using his powers and discovering them. The train rescue in the Captain Cold episode was really awesome.

I never really liked Barry in the comics. I found him boring compared to Wally or even Jay and Bart. This is much cooler.

Edit: Oh, also, it was cool seeing Clancy Brown in something, and it's still a crying shame he was never able to continue playing Brother Justin.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I remember how we were all mostly concerned about the SFX on the show because doing good superspeed was going to be critical to the show. And man have they just loving slayed more or less every SFX shot in the series so far. I don't know how they do it so well for so cheap.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Phylodox posted:

You lucky bastards with cable. I have to wait until tomorrow to watch this.

Its on a network, you can get it over an antenna.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

greatn posted:

Its on a network, you can get it over an antenna.

I don't know why, but like I said, the only English channels that come through for me are Global and, weirdly enough, TMN Encore. It's an old house, the wiring and stuff are all kinds of wonky.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phylodox posted:

I don't know why, but like I said, the only English channels that come through for me are Global and, weirdly enough, TMN Encore. It's an old house, the wiring and stuff are all kinds of wonky.

If you have the ability to reposition your antenna, this site might be able to help: http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't even have an antenna. If the house ever had one it was removed long before I ever moved in. I'm just using cable.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Phylodox posted:

The only channel I get is Global, which is great if you enjoy alphabet procedurals. Oh, and Constantine.

Where do you live that you can get Global and not CTV, especially given CTV still has repeater towers everywhere (unless you live right in the shadow of a Global tower)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I live near Montreal, but like I said, the cabling in the house is old and kind of shoddy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
CW is the one channel my digital antenna doesn't pick up at our current place. Not sure if it's the walls, or what, but all the other channels come in fine. I can't even manually enter the channel into the tv, it's just not there.

So yeah I'm on the "day late" bus.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Well, now I feel bad about being annoyed that the East Coast gets the show a mere 3 hours before I do.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I just tried hooking a TV in right where the cable comes into the house. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

Oh, well. I'll watch it tomorrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I just tried hooking a TV in right where the cable comes into the house. Instead of a big dark blur I see a big light blur.

If it's red you might have the right channel.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Phylodox posted:

No, give us more details. The Flash thread is the best place to get tech support.

Figuring out what channel this show is on and tech support, that's what this thread is for

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I dunno, I don't want to sit through a whole episode of Smallville by accident.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Phylodox posted:

I live near Montreal, but like I said, the cabling in the house is old and kind of shoddy.

Then you should at least get CHCH or CJOH

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Should. But don't. It's not worth it to get my whole house re-cabled when I can just watch this tomorrow.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The promo featuring two of the Rogues, just walking down the streets calling the hero out....this is so many things about comics I love.
It's a shame I am going to be so busy with social things that I won't be free to watch the show until Saturday. :(
See you guys later.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
From Robbie Amell's instagram:

quote:

You don't want to miss tonight's cross over ep of #TheFlash/#Arrow... Especially not the end.

http://instagram.com/p/wHkPednsiv/

Well, poo poo.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The actual debut of Firestorm?! :swoon:

UberAaron
Feb 11, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, poo poo.

Imagine that I just posted :flashfap: a million times.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god this episode is going to be amazing

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Just when you think it can't get any better...

Man they are doing everything absolutely right, it's magical :allears:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well, poo poo.

What a dick to spoil that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

I don't know how they do it so well for so cheap.

Right when the show debuted I read an article that the SFX guys figured out how to do super speed effects for super loving cheap and they're not telling anyone how thy did it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Right when the show debuted I read an article that the SFX guys figured out how to do super speed effects for super loving cheap and they're not telling anyone how thy did it.

They invented a machine that can slow down time to create the illusion of superspeed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

They invented a machine that can slow down time to create the illusion of superspeed.

They invented mechanical weed?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

This show is like putting a comic book on the TV screen for an hour every week. Story, funny bits, the big scene that can go on the cover, and a stinger to make everyone excited for the next issue. I've enjoy the other superhero shows but this one feels like the most sincere transition. I like to watch Agents of SHIELD, but I'm *excited* to watch Flash every Tuesday.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Bruceski posted:

This show is like putting a comic book on the TV screen for an hour every week. Story, funny bits, the big scene that can go on the cover, and a stinger to make everyone excited for the next issue. I've enjoy the other superhero shows but this one feels like the most sincere transition. I like to watch Agents of SHIELD, but I'm *excited* to watch Flash every Tuesday.

This pretty much sums up what my Tuesday nights have been since Flash started. My girlfriend and I have been binge watching this and Arrow since a week or two ago.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

YeehawMcKickass posted:

This pretty much sums up what my Tuesday nights have been since Flash started. My girlfriend and I have been binge watching this and Arrow since a week or two ago.

I only watched the pilot of Arrow but I know all the stuff involved, devilishly handsome Slade and all. Slade in that show is what Jango Fett should have been, basically.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Solaris Knight posted:

Slade in that show is what Jango Fett should have been, basically.

Nonexistent?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Phylodox posted:

Nonexistent?

No. A confident strong bounty hunter with a moral compass but also the skills to back it up. Not decapitated the second he gets into the battle.

Also wearing cool armor.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Solaris Knight posted:

No. A confident strong bounty hunter with a moral compass but also the skills to back it up. Not decapitated the second he gets into the battle.

Also wearing cool armor.

Except not stupid and pointless?

Seriously, I just hate Jango Fett.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Phylodox posted:

Except not stupid and pointless?

Seriously, I just hate Jango Fett.

So do I. Which is why Deathstroke was a better version of the same concept/archetype.

Along with the similarly handsome Maori in my avatar.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Jango Fett was just a completely unnecessary callback to an inexplicably popular tertiary character who, by his very existence, made the series' universe feel smaller. He was mindless fanservice.

Slade was awesome in his own right, not because he was reminiscent of some one-episode bad-guy of the week from the first season.

EDIT: Anyways, the fuckin' Flash/Arrow crossover episode is about to start and I'm really, actually loving typing that so I'm going to get the gently caress out of this thread and not come back until I've watched the gently caress out of this episode tomorrow.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TyrantWD posted:

CW is an over the air network.

CW doesn't have complete coverage of the US. I'm in a market without it. Back when I had cable, I had to get it piped in from Baltimore of all places which is a few thousand miles away.

I'll just have to wait until I wake up to see how great this is.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGG

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Solaris Knight posted:

IT'S HAPPENINGGGGGGGGGGG

Previously on Flash AND Arrow!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wow not even a minute into the hour and he's already pining again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

This is as big of a event as The Justice Society forming, the Sub mariner vs Human Torch, and World's Finest, man.

• Locked thread