Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

Dalai Trauma posted:

I have a full weekend without plans. poo poo's gonna get real.

This. Gotta prestige real quick to get my unlocks setup. Nerd mode activated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Finally got the POS android app to show an invite to BOYS so I can actually take part in all of these shenanigans in a legitimate way!

Now to stop playing Hardcore long enough to regain the reflexes necessary to actually kill people in core.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why don't they let you unlock weapon attachments when you prestige? My entire setup is based on those, bastards :argh:

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I've hit level 31 and still feel like I have no loving clue what I am doing. I get maybe one good afternoon a week to sit down and play the game. Are there any goon clans that are for people who cant h4rdc0r3g4m3r but still would like to play with a good group ?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I've hit level 31 and still feel like I have no loving clue what I am doing. I get maybe one good afternoon a week to sit down and play the game. Are there any goon clans that are for people who cant h4rdc0r3g4m3r but still would like to play with a good group ?

I'm almost confident in saying that there are only two clans which are BOYS for Xbone/Poor box and I think Pillow Talk is the clan of choice for PS3/4 players.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

PerrineClostermann posted:

Why don't they let you unlock weapon attachments when you prestige? My entire setup is based on those, bastards :argh:
Ditto. The one game where it makes sense to use a money-based unlock system as a money-grabbing PMC mercenary, and unlock stuff easily, and they don't use it. :psyduck:

Anyway, is it just me or are all the launchers utter garbage this time around? The stinger deploys, locks on and reloads like a relatively lazy glacier, while the laser guided rocket is too slow to hit anything in the sky, and has a party popper for a warhead.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The launchers (and explosives in general) have their niche in point control gametypes where you can shoot something into a place and are basically gaurenteed to get a kill if you shoot there. I saw sombody in Greenband last night firing the MAYHEM into the middle point on Momentum with pretty good results if keeping it locked down for his team.

I mean it took 3 almost direct hits to kill somebody with Flack Jacket on, but the guys that weren't wearing one died instantly. I'm not asking for the return of One Man Army/Danger Close grenades/launchers but I'd like to see explosives be more than a formality.

As for the launchers AA capabilities, they could use a buff to at least the time to takes to lock on, especially considering how fast people can move in this game, you're dead while trying to get the lock on 99% of the time.

There also needs to be more of an incentive for people to run stingers again. On the rare occasions there is something in the air the consensus seems to be just to throw on Blind Eye and leave it be.

I almost kind of miss the days where the killstreaks where scary powerful, either you'd get a poo poo load of kills or (sometimes) at least 1 person on your team would help everybody out and take it down.

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 3, 2014

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I'm sure Activision's internal focus tests indicate that powerful (fun) streaks make people too angry when they're killed by them and it's just better for them to make the streaks watered down. For as much as SH espouses Blops 2 I'm not sure why they didn't have more fun streaks like that game did. I miss my Lodestar :(

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I miss the Stealth Chopper but the Warbird with the Aggressor Mod works pretty well.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Pretty_Llama posted:

I really appreciate the game deciding its time to log off by breaking at some random point each night. Last night's was a new one - it's nice to have some variety. First it would randomly mute the players on my team (and tell me unable to unmute them when I tried) then it finally just locked up and showed all of my friends list as offline. Sweet.
Yeah, that was certainly a thing. One minute I'm playing the game, the next second I'm back at the Xbox home screen and it takes 10 minutes to reconnect to Xbox live and fetch my profile. Stupid game.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Javes posted:

I'm sure Activision's internal focus tests indicate that powerful (fun) streaks make people too angry when they're killed by them and it's just better for them to make the streaks watered down. For as much as SH espouses Blops 2 I'm not sure why they didn't have more fun streaks like that game did. I miss my Lodestar :(

Ahahaha jesus christ the Lodestar. We had a BO2 revival night a week or so ago and I got one from a Care Package. I popped that bad boy and finished off the match with it... Cue the entire enemy team ragequitting before we even got back to the lobby. It was a thing of beauty.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I still haven't played exo survival with goons, did it turn out to be actually good?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

SilentW posted:

Ahahaha jesus christ the Lodestar. We had a BO2 revival night a week or so ago and I got one from a Care Package. I popped that bad boy and finished off the match with it... Cue the entire enemy team ragequitting before we even got back to the lobby. It was a thing of beauty.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Harrier and Chopper Gunner/AC-130. Harrier was way to good for only 7 kills and depending on the map Chopper Gunner/AC-130 wrecked poo poo hard with no spawn protection.

Blops 1 and 2 had a good mix of "gunskill" and having the game just rack up kills for you with it's good (read fun to get and fun to use) killstreaks although with the system those games had only "good" players would get those streaks leaving little Timmy Random with an rear end woopin.

I'm glad this game learned from MW3 that support streaks should actually be support based, no more having 5 stealth bombers called in every game because half the enemy team finally reached 8 kills right before the ends.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ethanol posted:

I still haven't played exo survival with goons, did it turn out to be actually good?

yes!

come play with us ethanol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GET MY BELT SON posted:

yes!

come play with us ethanol

can't find that dang spreadsheet so here's my gt: InvadeFranceNow

not sure if you're one of these goons that already friended me or not

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I exo stomped someone and got threatened to be hacked, mother called all sorts of inappropriate names and racially profiled. What is a good exo stomping build ?

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I exo stomped someone and got threatened to be hacked, mother called all sorts of inappropriate names and racially profiled. What is a good exo stomping build ?

Lightweight/overcharged/exo hover. Tac19 is a good followup if you miss outright.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

ethanol posted:

can't find that dang spreadsheet so here's my gt: InvadeFranceNow

not sure if you're one of these goons that already friended me or not

you got a bowner?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

GET MY BELT SON posted:

you got a bowner?

I have the biggest xbone you've ever seen

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

Overcharged + anything.

I had a beautiful stomp today during HC dom on that one map with the solar tower when I stomped a group of three on A, killed two, and bulldogged the last one in the back.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
My Combat Record KD hit 1.00 last night, which is the first time I have ever managed such a feat in a CoD game. I think in Ghosts it was around 0.4 by the time I quit even trying to enjoy the MP.

Does anyone know how you are meant to use the exo-stim? I pop it out of habit when I've scraped out of a firefight barely alive, but I've no idea if that is the intended usage of it.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Leyburn posted:

My Combat Record KD hit 1.00 last night, which is the first time I have ever managed such a feat in a CoD game. I think in Ghosts it was around 0.4 by the time I quit even trying to enjoy the MP.

Does anyone know how you are meant to use the exo-stim? I pop it out of habit when I've scraped out of a firefight barely alive, but I've no idea if that is the intended usage of it.

It puts you above the heslth limit, so you can take more damage than normal. I generally see it used by people capping points in dom or momentum, trying to eek out a little extra time by people taking longer to kill them. Not sure how effective it is.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

6HMRF 7A9VL

Are people using these?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Well, I used that one!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

SpazmasterX posted:

Overcharged + anything.

I had a beautiful stomp today during HC dom on that one map with the solar tower when I stomped a group of three on A, killed two, and bulldogged the last one in the back.
If you're really lucky, I found that it is entirely possible to stomp-kill a teammate to death in hardcore, without overcharge on.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

ZentraediElite posted:

6HMRF 7A9VL

Are people using these?

Yes! I go through the recycle bin at work and take the bottle caps and redeem them. They are useful.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

Yes! I go through the recycle bin at work and take the bottle caps and redeem them. They are useful.

your coworkers must think you are very cool

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

ethanol posted:

your coworkers must think you are very cool

I did it last year along with purchasing 80 bottles of Dew and 80 bags of Doritos last year so I could win an Xbox One. Good times.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I did it last year along with purchasing 80 bottles of Dew and 80 bags of Doritos last year so I could win an Xbox One. Good times.

I think this post is probably the best example of Poe's Law I've ever seen.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

I was in a convenience store a few years ago (I think MW2 release time, roughly) and this middle aged guy and his young son came in, and asked the cashier if they could go through all of the bags of empty and crushed plastic bottles and take the lids. Since the cashier didn't give a poo poo and the lids aren't good for anything and are unrecyclable, it was cool to the staff so they took all these huge plastic bags out onto the curb and rooted through them for pepsi caps. I went out and talked to the guy and his kid and they were digging for double-XP codes, and the kid excitedly was telling me about how many HUNDREDS of codes he's gotten that way.

I had to give him credit for being willing to work for it, and it was cool that this dad was being a trouper and helping his kid "work" for his "hobby" by driving him around to every 7-11/etc in town, and digging through gross sticky trash. :unsmith:

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Lazyfire posted:

I think this post is probably the best example of Poe's Law I've ever seen.

Here are all the pictures https://m.facebook.com/pizzadad1/albums/10152056119696178/

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

coyo7e posted:

I was in a convenience store a few years ago (I think MW2 release time, roughly) and this middle aged guy and his young son came in, and asked the cashier if they could go through all of the bags of empty and crushed plastic bottles and take the lids. Since the cashier didn't give a poo poo and the lids aren't good for anything and are unrecyclable, it was cool to the staff so they took all these huge plastic bags out onto the curb and rooted through them for pepsi caps. I went out and talked to the guy and his kid and they were digging for double-XP codes, and the kid excitedly was telling me about how many HUNDREDS of codes he's gotten that way.

I had to give him credit for being willing to work for it, and it was cool that this dad was being a trouper and helping his kid "work" for his "hobby" by driving him around to every 7-11/etc in town, and digging through gross sticky trash. :unsmith:

Hasn't there always been a limit on the amount of dbl xp?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Quabzor posted:

Hasn't there always been a limit on the amount of dbl xp?
Probably, but there was also a drawing for a free console or some poo poo as well - maybe it was a Halo thing not CoD? I remember being kind of impressed at the gumption of the kid to be doing this every week, and wishing him well.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Anyone have a clue what the rapid supply you get from supply drops actually does? Because I sure as hell don't.
Got a 25 minute one yesterday and didnt get a single supply drop during it.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Dalai Trauma posted:

It puts you above the heslth limit, so you can take more damage than normal. I generally see it used by people capping points in dom or momentum, trying to eek out a little extra time by people taking longer to kill them. Not sure how effective it is.

It's not effective at all, especially against weapons like the BAL. Maybe one out of ten times, you'll survive a situation where you might have otherwise died, but it's generally useless. I used exo cloak a lot this prestige and it worked pretty well, and sooner or later, I'll actually get to try out exo trophy. I figure those two are way better if you want to try and steal extra seconds capping a point under fire.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Where's the patch? I'd assumed it would've been up on Tuesday.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

limited posted:

Ditto. The one game where it makes sense to use a money-based unlock system as a money-grabbing PMC mercenary, and unlock stuff easily, and they don't use it. :psyduck:

BLOPS 1: Still has the best unlock system; what you want, when you want.

As long as you got the cash.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Shannow posted:

Anyone have a clue what the rapid supply you get from supply drops actually does? Because I sure as hell don't.
Got a 25 minute one yesterday and didnt get a single supply drop during it.

There's an invisible timer counting down whenever you're in a multiplayer match. When it hits 0, you'll earn a supply drop the next time you die*. During rapid resupply, the timer goes down twice as fast. Because, "Earn supply drops twice as fast," was just too hard to understand?

*Allegedly, it's can happen on any "player action" including kills, but for me it always triggers on the first death of a match. I do a lot of dying, though, so maybe it's just me.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Mister Macys posted:

BLOPS 1: Still has the best unlock system; what you want, when you want.

As long as you got the cash.

In blops you still had to hit certain levels to unlock guns and perks though I thought. You just had the option of skipping some unlocks(gently caress the China Lake).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
All the attachments and camos were available though. None of this challenge grind bullshit.

• Locked thread