Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Oh drat, that's messed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
So, bald black man with bullet proof skin?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
It gave him Ray Rice powers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

e X posted:

So, bald black man with bullet proof skin?

Yea, too bad Luke Cage has already been cast.

Hrm, his last name isn't Gargan possibly?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I love evil Ward more every week. Dude's just so relaxed.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Oh come the gently caress on!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Whoops

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jesus that was intense.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jeeeesus. Well at least they didn't kill him off :(

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
May have spoken too soon there.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Mack's working on Lola in heaven.

That was one of the three or four character traits we knew about him, right?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Perhaps Mack was an Inhuman as well, and now he's Gorgon.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

Hope springs eternal I guess.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
He never got to tune up Lola before this... :smith:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aaahhh what a loving tease, find city... blow it up shortly afterwards without finding out anything about it!

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
I like Mack. :smith:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Xtanstic posted:

If the wanted him dead, they would have Fitz shoot him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kdrudy posted:

Perhaps Mack was an Inhuman as well, and now he's Gorgon.

Yeah I think that since he wasn't killed, he was turned Inhuman.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

e X posted:

If the wanted him dead, they would have Fitz shoot him.

I know that's my point. That was a classic 'we haven't seen the last of him' moment

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yay Ray Wise in Agent Carter :allears:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Xtanstic posted:

I know that's my point. That was a classic 'we haven't seen the last of him' moment

Yeah, sorry, i misquoted. I agree, Big Mack will be back, also because they still need to solve the whole city problem.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

e X posted:

Yeah, sorry, i misquoted. I agree, Big Mack will be back, also because they still need to solve the whole city problem.

Though given the preview I'm starting to doubt myself

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh poo poo I thought that was the finale! There's another episode next week, awesome!

How is the Bus gonna avoid getting shot down I wonder? All Koening fighter wing Lead by a mysterious pilot only known by a call sign, Cheeseburger.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Excellent episode. I'm really excited to see where this is all going. I hope the midseason cliff hanger isn't TOO brutal.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
To be fair on the "Send the black guy down into the haunted pit" front, if you are going to send anyone down to fix the Dwarves, Mac is the only logical choice. He is the only one there with the technical knowledge to do the job and physical power to make it down there, fix the Dwarves, and get back up.

And that Daisy song was such a troll.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
All the San Juan scenes reminded me of that time when Children's Hospital had two of their characters randomly walking down a street in Sao Paolo in this big external shot as a gag of "I can't believe they actually flew them to Sao Paolo for this". Seriously was this episode partly paid for by the San Juan board of tourism? I went there last October and I have been to literally every place they were standing, they were all exactly where tourists go.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

greatn posted:

I went there last October and I have been to literally every place they were standing, they were all exactly where tourists go.

What, they're going to shoot scenes for a prime time tv show in back alleys?

I'm just glad they actually called Vancouver "Vancouver" instead of New York or Boston or whatever.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Jamesman posted:

Bye magical negro. Guess Fitz will need another black friend to cure him now.

That really bugged you, didn't it? Really, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the intention, and if we're going to see a larger representation of races (which would be nice, to be honest) then things like this are going to pop up and not be completely racist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

2 of the main characters are Chinese.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah I think that since he wasn't killed, he was turned Inhuman.

Mac for Black Bolt, no more sage advice.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

Mac for Black Bolt, no more sage advice.

He's Medusa. Gonna grow some beautiful red hair.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
"The Devil's Sentry" could (and probably is at least a nod to) Kree Sentries, badass robots left to defend Kree Installations. Been a handful on earth in the comics.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

e X posted:

Seriously, the cinematography has gotten better, it's not just me, right?

No I definitely think there's been an uptick in quality in every technical aspect of the show from what I can tell. The lighting is more dynamic, the shots are far more varied, fight choreography is more creative and brutal, special effects no longer as hit-or-miss as they were. Still needs work but I think a lot of that stuff has contributed to the show being more watchable. I am kinda surprised this happened since my guess was the show was under-performing so I assumed their budget would get slashed and/or the people involved would kinda give up on it, but if anything everyone involved is putting in more effort.

Except the Key Foreshadowing Artist, that guy's phoning it in.

For now I'm going to believe that falling two hundred feet onto solid rock only made Rage-Mack angrier.

This episode was good and fun even if it had like five dumb relationship "I just don't know what to do right now!" scenes.

Also isn't their plan to just blow up the city kinda weird? Like if there's a big alien superweapon, and they don' even know what it is, blowing it up is probably a bad idea.

It was cool that they shot on location so much this episode. Setting something in Vancouver is kinda cheating for that though. Plus you guys shouldn't get mad at shows shooting in Vancouver and calling it something else. If every show shot there was set there it would quickly be as overdone as New York or LA. Plus, future civilizations will look back and think Vancouver was the center of the universe when everyone knows that's Toronto.

I like how Ward isn't even really playing the long game with Whitehall. He's just keeping himself useful enough that WHitehall will work with him while also rather openly doing his own thing. Things between the triumvirate of "We're not Evil, We're Just Misunderstood, Except the Nazi, He's Evil" are probably going to come to a head next episode.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Most of AoS is shot in LA.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Inhumans implied, Kree solidly name-checked, Sentries...this was everything it needed to be.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Most of AoS is shot in LA.

I'm disappointed by this revelation that Vancouver doesn't have the monopoly on TV SciFi.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mokinokaro posted:

"I'm Sam. Billy's the shorter one."
"I'm Billy. Sam's the shorter one."

As a near-identical twin (30 years can take a heck of a toll on looking alike) I can confirm that we pull this poo poo all the time.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Timett posted:

I love evil Ward more every week. Dude's just so relaxed.

Everything that made him boring as a good guy makes him great as a bad guy, amusingly enough.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Bruceski posted:

As a near-identical twin (30 years can take a heck of a toll on looking alike) I can confirm that we pull this poo poo all the time.

Is there any particular example that sticks out in your mind, or was your favorite instance of twin shenanigans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I love that even Ward got weird out when he saw the two Kroeing twins.

• Locked thread