Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
The end of that Sonic video was amazing - going through social stuff reminds me of Retsupurae.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Really wish Konkey Dong would have pulled it out.

Oof, it came up a little short.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Commissar Ken posted:

Oof, it came up a little short.

Dong was not expand.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Gotta use more woolie sauce on The Dong for next time.

Also Amiibo cock fighting is legit kinda fun, like, there's just enough variation in them and all for there to be a 'oh drat you're using that' and once they level the AI is at least good enough to do stuff, barring the occasional derp moment like Dong just kinda leaping off the side.

Amiibos are the perfect Nitnendo product, they're weird, but entertaining, but also there's literally no reason for them to be a thing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Chapter 8 was on that save file!

Kind of a shame that you guys lost THAT much footage apparently as the one thing I do know about in Evil Within is the safe boss fight

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I would probably watch Amiibo SaltyBet for at least a couple of weeks

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That Far Cry 4 co-op video was pretty good. Holy poo poo, that death glitch was something.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
That Far Cry 4 vid was great, and I want to see more co op bullshit on the site with this format. Tons of potential for other games.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pat's soft lament of how co-op always turns into a murder fest was perfectly underscored by him crashing a jeep into Matt from above.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
This Far Cry 4 Co-Op video should have been called Pat stares at a Matt.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The Far Cry 4 co op video is basically Journey 2.0 : Now there's guns

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

All the save room talk has me curious to what the best friends think on Silent Hill 4. That entire game is leading up to the hauntings near the end.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
So does Pat lean towards the Psychoanalysis school wrt psychology? He makes a lot of reference to Freudian constructs even if they are less applicable than cognitive-behavioral/neuroscience models. I know he has said in the past that he dislikes neuroscience models but it'd be kinda surprising if he was some weird neo Freudian.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

AShamefulDisplay posted:

So does Pat lean towards the Psychoanalysis school wrt psychology? He makes a lot of reference to Freudian constructs even if they are less applicable than cognitive-behavioral/neuroscience models. I know he has said in the past that he dislikes neuroscience models but it'd be kinda surprising if he was some weird neo Freudian.

Freudian analysis is a fixture in the analysis of fiction even though it's not really a psychology thing anymore.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AShamefulDisplay posted:

I bet 90% of the psychobabble came from his Evangelion days.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

Oh god, Chapter 9 was the demo for Evil Within? No poo poo the hype died, I can't think of a worse chapter to demo this game.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I dunno I may be remembering wrong but I think Pat actually went to college to learn psychology while everyone else on the zaibatsu went for various art degrees or whatever. It always surprises me when pat drops some knowledge like during the "I have no mouth" play through where he figured out the references the books were making.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

AShamefulDisplay posted:

When you learn psych, you still learn the psychoanalytic school because it's historically important, and some of its broader ideas and approach to therapy are still in use today. More specifically Freudian/Jungian ideas like id/ego/super ego, eros/thanatos, and the collective unconscious aren't widely accepted today, but they get used as motifs in a LOT of media and inform a lot of people's popular ideas about psychology, making it a port of call for anyone analyzing a horror game clearly based in psychology; there's no reason to think Pat is some weird throwback to a hundred years ago because of that.

Basically the psychoanalytic model isn't very good for describing humans, but it's really good for describing fictional humans.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
today on dark souls: his FIRE is POISON

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh poo poo, my question made it on the friendcast! awesome! I'm also glad that Liam shares a favorite screen clearing super move as I do, the cop from streets of rage!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey do you want to hear Youtube comments congealed into one object? Well listen to the Super Best Friends Cast. Thanks Obama.

You guys know how to work a brand.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"Let's put Guts in the Star Wars universe."
gently caress

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hey do you want to hear Youtube comments congealed into one object? Well listen to the Super Best Friends Cast. Thanks Obama.

You guys know how to work a brand.

A gelatinous cube made out of unadulterated YouTube comments would be terrifying.

Also, by the way, has anyone pointed out to Pat and Matt that the save room music in TEW is Debussy's Clair de Lune? I haven't caught up to the most recent episode, so maybe they've been told that already.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Hey Matt, I can't remember if you mentioned some time before if you checked out Gravity Falls. It's like an animated Twin Peaks and seems right up your alley.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am happy Liam is still sore about McHale.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
McHale managed to turn VGX from boring garbage to something mildly entertaining

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Beef Waifu posted:

I am happy Liam is still sore about McHale.

No but Keighley has to be defended for some reason.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I both hope it's a decent unembarrassing show but also doubly hope it's a loving terrible trainwreck both for the spectacle factor and finally so people can stop going "No but guys, Keighley isn't that bad. Even though he's been producing these things and deciding what goes on them for yeeeeears and it's ALWAYS been terrible, its not his fault."

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think the lightsaber crossguard thing was in the original concept art for a new hope so it's got a no more heroes beat by like 40 years.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I think the lightsaber crossguard thing was in the original concept art for a new hope so it's got a no more heroes beat by like 40 years.

No.

No More Heroes did it.

Shut up.

Edit: I don't know why Liam defends Keighley. He comes off as such a smarmy schmuck every time I see him.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

TheRealestMatt posted:

Edit: I don't know why Liam defends Keighley. He comes off as such a smarmy schmuck every time I see him.

I dunno, that look just screams "friendly and loves video games" to me...

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Geoff Keighly is the Waluigi of video games media, he is a reflection of stronger media personalities, without them he is without existence.

We are all Geoff Keighly

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Waluigi is awesome, he's the main villain of Mario DDR who gets beaten in the first world and never shows up again. He's so wonderfully insignificant.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I would like to point out that Waluigi does have his own game.

the only people that care about the Waluigi are fans

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

For awhile there I thought I built that poo poo up in my own head, that there was no way he could be that much of a smug prick then there was that E3 a couple years ago where he practically grabbed Reggie by the collar and was all

"TELL ME THE WII U IS GONNA BE A FAILURE! DO IT NOW ON CAMERA!"

which ok, maybe he's just that wa-

"So Mr. Don Mattrick, you just announced this console with a bunch of DRM and anti consumer policies and haven't decided to 180 on that yet which would make it far more tolerable. Is your console a great console or the GREATEST console?"

Hrm, that's loving nuts well I guess i'll watch a little more and see if the-

"This just in, lets check off the EA conference on my Samsung galaxy 2 brought to you by Samsun-" :jerkbag:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Matt you are both wrong the best song is Eggman's theme.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"Upgrade Clip Capacity? Pff, why whould I do that? Stupid comments."
*10 seconds later*
"Man I wish I had more ammo/didn't have to leave that ammo behind!"

I wish people were less obsessed about stealthing stuff in everything nowadays. It really doesn't work here.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I wonder if they'll do a lets watch of the Geoff Keighly show after tomorrow.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Persona Q turns out to be pretty plot important in the strangest ways so it's a shame the guys are against EO gameplay.

On topic though I kinda forgot what the plot to Evil Within is despite watching all the videos as they come out. I'm wondering if the lack of focus is a good thing or what but if I were playing it I'd have a pretty hard time going on with how disconnected it is. I get Ruviks backstory but I still don't know what Seb is doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

He's not particularly 'doing' anything, he's wandering from place to place with no control over where he ends up going 'gee i sure hope i find a way out of this bullshit dimension' while ruvik for some reason doesn't instantly smite him with his Matrix powers